Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

Blog Entries

Default Re: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

Check your pms

You put too much on the word kingdom.
    They are nomads.

PS: LAca's Numidean Auxilia has body armor, big shield, helmet, spear and sword.
    The other unit has round shield, sword and lorica hamata if i see correctly.
    What exactly is light about those units? Not to mention, that they'll need a total re-skin ;)

It just makes sense if they are a kingdom that they don't travel around on horse and steal things and kill people.

That is how those primitive tribal societies do. At this stage they are advanced into a kingdom and that means something.

You belive that the Numidians can just stay alive and beat for exaple the Poeni phalangites or the Sacred Band with javelinmen ? Come on. They at least have to have two stronger units and that will be imitation legionaires and those spearmen,which we can call royal guard.

I also found that Numidian general's bodyguard were celtic horsmen,so I will reskin the celtic bodyguard and you will add them to the Numidians. But that will just be the early bodyguard,the later one will say as it is in the vanilla game.

That is just my par of view.

I will reskin them,no problem.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 05-26-2012 at 12:46.

Actually light infantry is better than heavy infantry, when you don't have a landmark that you have to protect. This leads to RTW's engine problems - the number of javelins, the speed of the units, and so much more...

When you leave in a tribal system you don't need to win the battles. You need to win the war, and that is not hard, when you can run around your opponent. btw, i have won the grand campaign with the numidians a few times - if you know what to do, the javeliners and their great cavalry are killers. But yeah, it is hard, when you have to fight something as strong as the macedonians or the romans. But.. .well that is why it is VH campaign.

I see your point, but i don't get why screw with the "H" in HRTW ;)

BTW: in the antiquity "king" just means "ruler", and "Kingdom" - "Country ruled by one-man". There was only one way to call them rulers then. "Imperator" (known as Emperor in modern days) is just a commander (if i recall correctly not even the supreme commander). So, yeah, they are kongdom. But don't forget, the Odrissy Kingdom, that didn't had even one real town in it, until the celts got here. ;)

I don't know why i discuss this actually. My opinion is clear - i see no need of twisting the history and giving the numideans more units than they had in vanilla. :)

The fact is that numidian auxilia and numidian legionaires were in the Numidian army,they did existed. Light infantry and town militia were just here to for no reason.

I see your point, but i don't get why screw with the "H" in HRTW ;)
    Because I like it and I want it that way ?... Eventhought ahowl 11 started this mod I told him and I will make it clear to all now:

I had the 95 % same idea for a mod as ahowl11 did, but he started it before me,so I joined his mod. I wish the game to be like this.

If anyone doesn't like the mod they can always step off from the mod because I am not pushing anyone against their will to do something.

Now : If you can hameleona,please, implement numidian units,that is the Numidian auxilia & the Numidian legionaires(as the vanilla ones can't stay like that because they look very inacurrate).For the light infyntry,you don't need to implement them if you don't want and the town militia were just subtitutes for the peasants.

So I give my final roaster for them,the skins and the models that will be used.

Desert infantry -vanilla-OK
    Numidian javelinmen -laca-OK
    Numdidan cavalry- laca-OK
    Archers-vanilla-OK
    Long shield cavalry-vanilla-OK
    Numidian camel riders- laca-OK
    Numidian imitation legionaires- laca-OK
    Numidian auxilia - laca-OK
    Numidian militia- laca-OK-They are instead of the peasants !
    African Elephants- Vanilla- I will make them now. Can you add a tower with crew on them maybe-OK
    Slingers-vanilla-OK

And hameleona,while searching the net for the units Numidia armies used I came across the Thracian Cohort that you mentioned some time ago for the Romans,so we will put them in also.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 05-30-2012 at 15:55.

Blog Entries

delete nvm

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Desert infantry -vanilla-OK
    Numidian javelinmen -laca-OK
    Numdidan cavalry- laca-OK
    Archers-vanilla-OK
    Long shield cavalry-vanilla-OK
    Numidian camel riders- laca-OK
    Numidian imitation legionaires- laca-OK
    Numidian auxilia - laca-OK
    Numidian militia- laca-OK-They are instead of the peasants !
    African Elephants- Vanilla- I will make them now. Can you add a tower with crew on them maybe-OK
    Slingers-vanilla-OK

And hameleona,while searching the net for the units Numidia armies used I came across the Thracian Cohort that you mentioned some time ago for the Romans,so we will put them in also.
    Just one thing. I think, that the tire 0 infantry unit (a.k.a. the replacement for the peasants) should be the numidean javeliner - they are natural in that stuff, same as the thracians. They are unique those two factions in the fact, that they had it natural, from the inside to... well hit and than run. :lol:
    it's my last though.

In the same time i purpose to give them the light infantry (or the auxilia) after the marian reforms as tire 1 or 2 unit, to reflect the more... civilized way of warfare that they used.

So, how i see it they can be:

Tire 0 - Numidian levies (the vanilla javelinmen?)

Infantry:
    Tire 1: Desert infantry
    Tire 2: Desert infantry (exp 1), Numidian auxilia* (post-marian)
    Tire 3: Numidian imitation legionaires (post-marian)

Cavalry:
    Tire 1: Numdidan cavalry
    Tire 2: Long shield cavalry
    Tire 3: Numidian camel riders*
    Tire 4: African Elephants

Ranged:
    Tire 1: Slingers
    Tire 2: Archers

* I red somewhere, that there was no camels in africa, till the Arab caliphate. Can't seem to find a real good proof for that, tho. Maybe we should check? I actually like the unit pretty much.

PS: I don't think that they should have more than 3 melee infantry units. Just don't fit well somehow for nomads.
    PPS: Told ya, 'bout the thracian cohort :P

Just one thing. I think, that the tire 0 infantry unit (a.k.a. the replacement for the peasants) should be the numidean javeliner - they are natural in that stuff, same as the thracians. They are unique those two factions in the fact, that they had it natural, from the inside to... well hit and than run. :lol:
    it's my last though.

I agree,but :

Tire 0 - Numidian javelinmen

Infantry:
    Tire 1: Desert infantry
    Tire 2: Desert infantry (exp 1), Numidian auxilia* (post-marian)
    Tire 3: Numidian imitation legionaires (post-marian)

Cavalry:
    Tire 1: Numdidan cavalry
    Tire 2: Long shield cavalry
    Tire 3: Numidian camel riders*
    Tire 4: African Elephants

Ranged:
    Tire 1: Slingers
    Tire 2: Archers

I still don't get why are you sticking to the word nomads.

I will make a search for them.

Blog Entries

most mods depict them as civilized tribesmen but with traditional armies but i cant be certan

The Numidians were a nomadic people around 280 BC. They were divided into two major tribes with many smaller ones inside of the major ones. They were mainly used as mercenaries during the Punic War and they helped Rome defeat Carthage. However with the defeat of Carthage, Numidia became united and had a little kingdom. They extended to the African coastline and I read somewhere that they had Royal Troops such as cavalry and infantry and that they also had many troops trained in a fashion similar to the Polybian Roman Armies. This is around 130 - 107 BC before the Marian Reforms as they fought Rome around this time in the Jugurthine War. I suggest if you have not already to look it up, it's a nice little war that Rome dealt with.

So basically the vanilla Roster is quite accurate but there can be some additions as well. I think the roster you have set up now is good, but maybe add in a Noble Cavalry unit? Long Shield cavalry is decent but it's just medium cav. I think Numidia should have a heavy cav unit in there somewhere.
    Just my two cents

Members thankful for this post (2):

Finished Carthage's UI's at last.
    Carthaginian Units:

Citizen Militia

Libyan Infantry

Poeni Phalangites

Poeni Swordsmen:

Sacred Band of Baal

Carthaginian Peltasts

Carthaginian Slingers

Poeni Archers

Round-shield Cavalry

Long-shield Cavalry

General's Bodyguard (early)

General's Bodyguard (late)

African Elephants

Indian Elephants

Moorish Javelinmen

Craetarii

Scutarii

Celtic Swordsmen

Numidean Cavalry

Samnite cavalry

Maybe a preview in the TWC is not a bad idea ;)

If you have downloaded HRTW 0.01 and want the full Carthaginian roster for custom battles (just to stare at them, since no stast have been fixed :lol:) - this is the update - just extract it in the RTW folder and click "Yes" to replace the files.
    Make a backup copy of your modfolder first!
    @Asgaroth - this update should not intervean with your current work, since only the DMB and EDU txt files are replaced.
    Last edited by hameleona; 06-01-2012 at 02:59.

Member thankful for this post:

Omg they look unbelievably awesome!!! Well done both of you

HAMELEONA :

I made a preview over at the TW forums.

Thanks for the UI's and nice job.

I will downloda them now.

I will try to make as much scripts as I can today.

RTW:

Thanks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678