Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

Default Re: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

If there are problems, scream aloud. :lol: i have no idea if what i said mean anything :lol:

In that time i'm going to screw with my ancestors for fun.

I understood everything completely,haha...

No problem friend...Maybe I will just need your help with putting some units,but I will get with you in contact when I do that...

I will be surprised if there are no CTD's - i did made all the units as good as i can, but sometimes the models just don't work.

I will send them to Lanjane as well for UI's.. Let me see if I got this right..
    Hastati (2) Camillan/Polybian
    Principes (2) Camillan/Polybian
    Triarii (2) Camillan/Polybian
    Rorarii
    Accensi
    Leves
    Equites (2) Camillan/Polybian
    Velites
    Funditores

Anything else?

can't download it, my school blocked the site

Don't worry i have forgotten about the late triarii anyway :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here they are.
    And i have forgotten to add the polibean equites texture (they use the same model as the camillian). And the equites had a strange problem, so i had to do them again...

Try from here:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/ATQbskyK...ian_units.html

that is the updated archive, i think with everything in it :)

Good work, but my damn school blocks all file sharing sites!

I just saw this thread,and jawdroped...

Nothing unusal,at least when hameleona is making the units...:P
    When the camel {S}thinks,it is time to leave the oassis!

Why thank you Skull. I always do my best. ;)

Sorry for not being active yesterday guys, but school demanded so :(. Hameleona, your units are as amazing as ever.

Ok so now we must work on the Alae or socii units that the Romans used. The examples that I have listed should be enough to make some decent units.
    The Romans had 'Allied Legions' I'm pretty sure it consisted of the same troop types such as Hastati and Principes, but that they were just Italian troops, not Roman. I suggest that we have those simple re-skins plus some AOR units for Italy.

Allied Troops (In rebel colors) (Polybian Reforms only)
    Velites
    Hastati
    Principes - needs rebel texture
    Triarii - needs rebel texture

AOR Units for Italy (In rebel colors)
    Etruscan Hoplites
    Umbrian Hillmen
    Piceni Skirmishers
    Latin Infantry
    Samnite Spearmen
    Samnite Swordsmen
    Campanian Cavalry
    Lucanian Skirmishers
    Tarentine Cavalry
    Brutii Infantry

Post Marian Units: (All Units stay vanilla, as I cannot see many issues with them. What units could we add or edit?)
    Town Watch
    Early Legionary Cohort
    Early First Legionary Cohort
    Legionary Cohort
    Legionary First Cohort
    Roman Cavalry
    Auxilia
    Light Auxilia
    Archer Auxilia
    Ballistas

I would do it like RTR did...If we play as Rome and the enemy conqueres our land then they can build only few types of units,like peltasts,spearmen and cavalry...But three units maximum,not all army...

And I do not like the fact that you change faction colors-some troops like rebels,it is like the some other mods do.It is realistic,yes but our aim is to make it historical and vanilla,so I say we drop things that other mods use...

Hameleona and me can make quite unique units without other mod's as sources...

Town Watch
    Early Legionary Cohort
    Early First Legionary Cohort
    Legionary Cohort
    Legionary First Cohort
    Roman Cavalry
    Auxilia
    Light Auxilia
    Archer Auxilia
    Ballistas
    The Auxilia units should be AoR. The rest are fine. Also the Legionary First Cohort should look the same as the Legionary Cohort (except it should bear an Eagle statue or whatever it is called in English) , have the same numbers, but have higher stats.

The Auxilia units should be AoR.
    Agreed

Suggestions :

Baeleric slingers
    Cretean archers
    Syrian archers
    Foderati infantry

I'm just saying if the troops are AOR troops that they should be rebel colors.. Just like mercenaries are green. Unless you want to make 20 textures for each unit to match the faction colors

I'm just saying if the troops are AOR troops that they should be rebel colors.. Just like mercenaries are green. Unless you want to make 20 textures for each unit to match the faction colors
    I didn't understand,sorry...You are right.

HY THERE ALL I HAVE MADE NEW SKINS FOR OUR UNITS TO MAKE THE GAME EVEN BETTER :

HAMELEONA-Can you please make screens like the last time ?

The units I skinned are :

Principes,Hastati,Equites romani...

What is new ?

Principes-new gladius texture,new chainmail texture,new bracelet,new shield texture.

Hastati-new gladius texture,new shield texture,new bracelet.

Equites romani :new gladius texture,new shield texture,new belt texture.
    Attached Files Attached Files

no words... i simply have no words...

speechless

I don't like the idea of the AOR units to be in rebel color-scheme. Let's use ether one of the color-schemes from BI or Alex, or just make them... aaa... colorful? :D
    With Many-many-MANY colors :d

Did Asgaroth make those skins? Holy cow, they're awesome. I can't stop staring at them.
    Last edited by TwoKnives; 01-28-2012 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by hameleona View Post
    I don't like the idea of the AOR units to be in rebel color-scheme. Let's use ether one of the color-schemes from BI or Alex, or just make them... aaa... colorful? :D
    With Many-many-MANY colors :d
    We shouldn´t make them have slave-colour. I always thought there are "Main-Colours" for the cultures. For example: Red is roman. Green is barbarian. ... . We should just make them have that colour. We can discuss the exact colours, but thats just the way I´d do it.

I like hameleona's idea better. AOR units should have one universal color. I think giving them slave colors makes it easier but if you guys want more work, fine

Did Asgaroth made those skins. Holy cow, they're awesome. I can't stop staring at them.
    Thanks twoknives

Yup guys...Told ya I know how to skin now...

I have learned to skin a long time ago when our mod was falling apart and I had to do that.But now we are all together and even better Primo is back,so we are completed...

I will reskin every unit that can be better in a vanilla way...Me and hameleona work together excelent as a team and in this way I also want to thank him for everything he had thought me about scripting and text editing,THANKS HAMELEONA...

So here is my next move.I will see what can be done with other roman units hameleona made...Primo(I will always call him like this)/Magneto will be working with me and hameleona...Hameleona alone or together with me will do some units,I will reskin them if needed and then Primo will put them ingame and just tell us if they work ingame...

I am happy to see you guys happy and thank you all...

I like hameleona's idea better. AOR units should have one universal color.
    I like the idea also.The game will be more interesting then.But we need to choose which color will they be ?

no words... i simply have no words...
    Thanks Hameleona...

But to you all :if you take a look at the first picture(the ona facing backwards) you will see the new bracelets on hands of the principes that I have made,BUT what is more important you can see the new gladius model that hameleona has made with my textures.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 01-27-2012 at 17:45.

Thumbs down Re: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

@Asgaroth - :-O

Impresivno.
    Sada kada se i Primo vratio,ima sve da ide brzo i bez problema...

Samo ja da objavim svoj tajni projekat i onda cu da vam pomognem...:)

(Immpresive.
    Now when Primo is back,everything will go fast and without problems

I just need to anounce my seacret project and then I will help you...:) )
    Last edited by Skull; 01-27-2012 at 19:23.
    When the camel {S}thinks,it is time to leave the oassis!

What can a man say... I love working with Asgaroth (not to mention, that working with him is one of the main reasons i'm here). And since i'm na awful texturer, i can only be happy as a bird that he is so much better than me.

So, you all have around 48 hours without me modeling (god damn snow - i will have to actually work :lol:) so have fun, and make the final decision about the AOR units. Personally i think we should leave them for the end - let's first do the normal units, and then (when we see how much DMB slots we actually have) - we can do the rest.

PS: I still can't find the right words for Asgaroths textures... i'm speechless...

Member Member Lord President of Gallifrey's Avatar
    The High Council of the Timelords, Citadel of the Time Lords, Gallifrey, Constellation of Kasterborus.

I personally find that Asgaroth's last two textures look fantastic!

But I don't think that slave colours for AOR units will work either. What defines AOR units? Anything with a limited recruitment zone. So will there be units that can be recruited from Scotland to India?

Also, as for the Roman and their allies: (from The Roman Army of the Punic Wars 264-146 BC by Nic Fields)

• The amount of allied infantry was slightly greater than that of the Roman infantry in the Army, while there were two-three times more allied cavalry when compared to the Roman cavalry in the army. The allied infantry would also be organised into 10 cohorts varying from 460-600 men.
    • 1/5 of allied infantry and 1/3 of allied Cavalry formed the extraordinarii, a special unit always used in an army. The extraordinarii would be organized into 4 cohorts for the infantry, and I think 20 turmaes for the cavalry

As you can see, there is Allied Infantry, Cavalry, and also the Extraordinarii
    I personally wouldnt mind having Allied Infantry, Allied Cavalry, Infantry Extraordinarii, and Cavalry Extraordinarii --- because this would be similar to the way we have Auxilia Skirmishers, and Auxilia Cavalry for the Post Marian Army.

the problem is how do we represent these allied troops? There were Italian troops for AOR and then the Allied. Or were they both? This is where I am confused

Shouldn't the AoR units have the same purpose of the allied units? The allied ones were recruited in a certain area in real life, so allied troops = AoR troops
    Last edited by TwoKnives; 01-28-2012 at 21:27.

Last edited by Asgaroth; 01-29-2012 at 00:45.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast