Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

Default Re: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

Man you want re-textured EB units. You don't need a modeler for that. That is what i'm trying to explain to you. No need to make another model, when it is the same model just with a new texture. I'm installing EB now, to show you what i mean.

Ok, I understand that. BUT getting permission from EB to use anything can be hell. One mod was postponed for a few months because the mod leader was waiting for EB to approve his request to use their models. I don't want to go through that.

Triarii.rar

We can use Diadochi Total War's Model. They just need to lose the shoulder pads. And this means that they would require a completely new texture right?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nah, here you go. Still i have no damn idea, who will be dumb enough to put a helmet with wholes in it on his head.

roman_pre_marian_units1.rar - 455.5 KB
    Last edited by hameleona; 01-23-2012 at 21:47.

That is freaking perfect! Beautiful unit. And honestly I don't either, but it's what they wore.
    The equites are the only unit left for the Camillan/Polybian Armies.. everything was fine except the helmet, which i can find for you from another unit and the shoulder pads need to go. For the Polybian equites simply replace the breastplate with chainmail like what the principes have.. and then your done until i make the marian and socii unit rosters.. the marian army will at best have 5 units

Pfff, i'll just steel the vanila spartan helmet and use it with the typical plume. I steel like my version of the equites. Can't we use them as a bodyguard unit? I can add a chain-mail under the breаstplate like in the praetorians for the upgraded version.

PS: I'll have to make their shields bigger...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by hameleona; 01-23-2012 at 22:02.

By hameleona_666 at 2012-01-23

All the units, with equites_romani as the final version of the equites, the equites.cas is the model for the heavier one.

That is fot today and tomorrow. I'll see what i can think of for the problematic legs... I may have to redo the whole unit, but since i don't test them in-game, i don't know how they will look.
    Last edited by hameleona; 01-23-2012 at 22:56.

Still i have no damn idea, who will be dumb enough to put a helmet with wholes in it on his head.
    For decorative purpose....

You made excelent units.Sorry if I wasn't here to help you I have been from 6,30h to 22,30h away from home studying chemistry...I will help you whenever I can....

Just to give you a notice-my units were the funditores,not acceseni

Member Member Lord President of Gallifrey's Avatar
    The High Council of the Timelords, Citadel of the Time Lords, Gallifrey, Constellation of Kasterborus.

I'm with Hameleona. There is no need to copy EB's models (If we do make models). In fact, I don't think even half these models need to be made.

That's one hell of a great unit there hameleona!

Great unit. Yes they should be a bodyguard unit and yes, do that for the upgraded version. Once you do that, you'll be done for this set of Roman Units.

When you're done, upload all the right files, and I will download them. I will then send them to Lanjane for UI's. We need someone to test these units in battle as well. Who would like to do the honors? I would, but I do not have time. If anything I have a few people in mind in regards to testing at TWC
    Last edited by ahowl11; 01-24-2012 at 03:43.

Hmm, I liked the previous Triarii, but this is good too. The Equites are fine also, I love their helmet.

I have been trying to research for the allied troops or 'alae' that the Romans employed and it is tough. Does anyone know where I can possibly find information on Italian Units?
    Anyways these units are going to be AOR, meaning they will have the rebel colored uniforms and they can be recruited by any faction when the right buildings have been built. If another faction were to invade Italy, these units would be available as mercenaries for the foreign army I figured we look at our regions and assign units according to that:

Rome - Latin Infantry
    Arretium - Etruscan Hoplites
    Ariminium - Umbrian Spearmen
    Ancona - Piceni Skirmishers
    Malventum - Samnite Spearmen, Samnite Swordsmen
    Capua - Campanian Infantry, Campanian Cavalry (Already made, but could be edited if needed)
    Tarentum - Tarentine Cavalry, Lucanian Skirmishers
    Rhegium - Brutii Infantry

Just some thoughts. I'm not worried about Northern Italy until we make the Gauls.
    Last edited by ahowl11; 01-24-2012 at 16:46.

Great units ! Nice job hameleona and Asgaroth !

I'm against using and re-texturing EB models... this is a different mod, aiming to be one of the better mods out there, which has the unique "vanilla" feature... Most of the things we do should be our work... That is the true value of a mod !

I'm against it too. I want to make our own models and textures

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    I'm against it too. I want to make our own models and textures
    Then you should avoid using EB as a reference for accuracy, since most of the times your requests are "like EB did"

well heck i can't help that they got it right
    their units look like the pictures that you can google and images in books.
    Last edited by ahowl11; 01-24-2012 at 21:19.

I'm not saying that they're not, but here you are again saying that the have done, then if it is done what's the point of doing that same thing from scratch? At least i think that's the point of the "thing" abput copying EB's units.

Anyways, units is not field :P but i think there are plenty of sources even more correct than EB (at some extent) so there's no need to use them as reference for a unit model.

Well can someone please point me in a direction where I won't use them as a reference? Didn't think it was that big of a deal

Paeninsula Italica could possibly be a good source for Italian Units.
    here is a link to one of their forums, they have previews of each faction which contain previews of their units.
    http://modtw.blogspot.com/2007/09/pa...a-italica.html

units made by KLA, we could make something similar but they are very similar to each other as it is
    http://images22.fotosik.pl/129/052c7616284b0c11.jpg

Rise of the Nations Mod. Their Preview on the Roman Republic, they have many examples of Allied troops for us to use for ours
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323578
    Last edited by ahowl11; 01-25-2012 at 05:08.

I'll go on a long shot, saying this:
    We don't need a thousand troops. Wat we should do is go the RTR way:

Itallic Spearmen
    Itallic Swordsmen (but i think we have to research those - i'm not sore, that the sword was such a prised weapon at that time)

Samnite Warriors
    Samnite Skirmishers

Itallic Cavalry

And MAYBE!:
    Campanian Cavalry.

Those are 4 new models.
    I don't think, that we should include a unit if it can not be recruited in more than two provinces FOR NOW! We all know, that when we have all the units we can just use the free DMB slots for more units. ;)
    PS: I am even more in the way that we do the AOR units in the end, and first to go over the normal units of all factions. But you know that :)

I have played a little with the equites model (the one that will go for the praetorians)

At first i thought that we can use this for the early bodyguard:

By hameleona_666 at 2012-01-25

And one of this two for the late:

But now i'm more in the lines of using the normal equiti_romani for the early bodyguards, and the model from the last screen as the upgraded version. And maybe use the capeless one for the reformed cavalry (marian reforms did made the cavalry better)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323578

I like the source...Includeing to it romans had archers,which I thought before,so I think that we should make and give the archers to romans....

ROMAN ARCHERS (SAGITTARII)
    Levy Archers

Origin:

Archers were a major part of most ancient countries war machines. The Romans didn't use them to the same extent as other ancient civilizations. The Roman sagittarii or archers were either formed out of allies or were trained members of the Legion. Roman archers were skirmishers deployed to soften up the enemy with their arrows. Being drawn from poorer classes, their equipment consisted of little more than a tunic and (rarely) a small wooden buckler.

Equipment:

The normal weapon of Roman archers was the composite bow, although Vegetius recommends training recruits "arcubus ligneis", with wooden bows, which may have been made in the northern European longbow tradition. It has been suggested that most Roman composite bows may have been asymmetric, with lower limbs shorter than the upper. Roman archers usually carried about forty arrows in their quivers.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1266264445

And we should make accens different,like hameleona said :

Accensi (Singular: accensus) were light infantry in the armies of the early Roman Republic. They were eventually phased out by the time of second Punic war.
    Accensi appear to have evolved from the old fifth class of the army under the Etruscan kings when it was reformed by Marcus Furius Camillus. The fifth class was made up of the poorest soldiers in the legion. They acted as skirmishers, screening their own formations and disrupting the enemy. It is likely that engagements with the Samnites and a crushing defeat at the hands of the Gauls taught the Romans the importance of flexibility and the inadequacy of the phalanx on the rough, hilly ground of central Italy.

In the early Camillan system of organisation of the 3rd and 4th centuries BC, men were sorted into classes according to wealth, the accensi being the poorest. Accensi were armed with javelins which they used to hurl stones at enemy formations. They fought as skirmishers, wearing only a tunic and sometimes carrying a small round shield. Their role as a kind of supernumerary soldier was to fill the places of those who were killed or disabled by their wounds in battle.

In this type of legion, the 900 accensi formed 15 maniples, military units of 60 men each, which were in turn part of 15 ordi, larger units made up of a maniple of triarii, a maniple of rorarii and a maniple of accensi. The accensi stood in the last line of the legion, behind the front line of hastati, the second line of principes, the third of triarii and the fourth of rorarii. In a pitched battle, the leves, javelin armed skirmishers who were attached to maniples of hastati, would form up at the front of the legion and harass the enemy with javelin fire and cover the advance of the hastati, spear armed infantry. If the hastati failed to break the enemy, they would fall back and let the principes, heavier and more experienced infantry, take over. If the principes did not break them, they would retire behind the triarii, who would then engage the enemy in turn — hence the expression rem ad Triarios redisse, "it has come to the triarii" — signalling an act of desperation. The equites, cavalrymen, were used as flankers and to pursue routing enemies. The rorarii, the poorer reserve soldiers, and accensi, the least dependable troops armed with slings, would be used in a support role, providing mass and supporting wavering areas of the line.

By the time of the later Polybian system of the 2nd century BC, accensi had been phased out. Velites, light skirmishers, would now fulfill skirmishing duties and troops that would usually have gone into the accensi would now be excluded from service.

Equipment:

They were the poorest men in the legion, and could not afford much equipment. They did not wear armour or carry shields, and their usual position was part of the third battle line. They fought in a loose formation, supporting the heavier troops. Later on they were most probably equipped with slings and perhaps a small shield.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...7&d=1266259076
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 01-25-2012 at 15:28.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Archers-in...rmy&id=1436103

and here is where they got the information.

I still search for some evidence that they used ROMAN archers and not the auxiliary before the Marian reforms.

But now i'm more in the lines of using the normal equiti_romani for the early bodyguards, and the model from the last screen as the upgraded version. And maybe use the capeless one for the reformed cavalry (marian reforms did made the cavalry better)

Sound great.

I still search for some evidence that they used ROMAN archers and not the auxiliary before the Marian reforms.

We can maybe make a mob ?

You know,like roman hunters and peasants deployed as archers,not pure archers just leavy archers ?

Use the peasant model,disable horde formations,give them just a hastati helmet without the red thing on it ?

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-roman-ar...17.html?cat=37

What if we just did Allied units for the Romans?
    Allied Hastati
    Allied Principes
    Allied Triarii
    Allied Skirmishers
    Allied Cavalry

Same models just different textures.
    We can worry about the AOR units after we finish each faction and know how many DMB slots we have.

Allied Hastati
    Allied Principes
    Allied Triarii
    Allied Skirmishers
    Allied Cavalry
    Why ?...I mean I don't get the point...

Same models just different textures.
    didn't we said that the units will have vanilla colors ?

roman_pre_marian_units.rar - 624.2 KB

the roman pre-marian units. If you want archers - use the vanilla model and texture - they are not bad.

I will test the units hameleona...In a few days...Nice job !

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast