Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

Default Re: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

SO HERE ARE 10 MORE UNITS I HAVE DONE :

I haven't done the triarii-I think that we should only keep the later version,not the hoplite one for the pre-marian army and for the post marian army we should make them like legionary cohort with spear...

Pre Marian :

Leaves
    Acceseni

Post marian :

Roman equites Praetori
    Roman equites Praetori late
    Auxilia infantry
    Auxilia archer
    Legionari I Cohort
    Legionari II Cohort
    Heavy cavalry
    Roman light infantry

I won't explain what I did because it would take me a long time...You will see after hameleona makes pictures.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    the problem is how do we represent these allied troops? There were Italian troops for AOR and then the Allied. Or were they both? This is where I am confused
    Italian troops means just the troops coming from italy, so they're the same. Once they fight for rome they become "allies". So it's just one AoR

I declare a full stop on modeling, until we fix something that we will have problems with.I'll post the screens of asgaroth's units soon.

Someone needs to test the models. If I wasn't occupied with homework 24/7 I would

Someone needs to test the models. If I wasn't occupied with homework 24/7 I would
    I can do it. Just say which files I have to download - Meaning every single one in this thread and in the main works thread, or more/less?

just all the units in this thread, use them with your vanilla files. we are still waiting for Ozman to complete the map for our base.

I have encountered an error - I simply replaced the normal equites entry with the equites_romani cas-file and texture. When I tried to load a battle, this error came:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG 
Views:	201 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	3513

Member Member Lord President of Gallifrey's Avatar
    The High Council of the Timelords, Citadel of the Time Lords, Gallifrey, Constellation of Kasterborus.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    SO HERE ARE 10 MORE UNITS I HAVE DONE :

I haven't done the triarii-I think that we should only keep the later version,not the hoplite one for the pre-marian army and for the post marian army we should make them like legionary cohort with spear...

Pre Marian :

Leaves
    Acceseni

Post marian :

Roman equites Praetori
    Roman equites Praetori late
    Auxilia infantry
    Auxilia archer
    Legionari I Cohort
    Legionari II Cohort
    Heavy cavalry
    Roman light infantry

I won't explain what I did because it would take me a long time...You will see after hameleona makes pictures.
    I thought we would keep English names for everything?

Anyway, Roman Light Infantry? Heavy Cavalry? No Roman Light Infantry or Roman Heavy Cavalry existed during our time frame. There was Roman cavalry, but it provided more support (reconnaissance).

Roman Light Infantry? Heavy Cavalry?
    That are just the names of the files-the units are auxilia and praetorian cavalry.

I thought we would keep English names for everythin
    hastatii,principes,triarii also aren't english names,so I am against completely english name...Some will be some won't be.

Would you want us to call the scutarii-oval shield swordsmen ?-I think this shound silly.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 01-29-2012 at 20:41.

Yeah, LPG (short for Lord President of Gallifrey) we will have english names for most of the units except for Hastati etc

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I have encountered an error - I simply replaced the normal equites entry with the equites_romani cas-file and texture. When I tried to load a battle, this error came:

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG 
Views:	201 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	3513
    Are you using the last archive i posted?
    Have you tried the other units? Are they giving you problems?

I'll check the models again.

Member Member Lord President of Gallifrey's Avatar
    The High Council of the Timelords, Citadel of the Time Lords, Gallifrey, Constellation of Kasterborus.

hastatii,principes,triarii also aren't english names,so I am against completely english name...Some will be some won't be.

Would you want us to call the scutarii-oval shield swordsmen ?-I think this shound silly.
    In hindsight, you are right. However, we should not go down the route of having completely native names (like EB)

EDIT: Just saw Ahowl's post, which calms my mind
    Last edited by Lord President of Gallifrey; 01-29-2012 at 23:43.

Well, people, i have a good and a bad news.
    The good one is that the model is OK. The bad news is that the model is horrible for cavalry. I'll have to re-do it from scratch...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Or, maybe not... Concentrate on the differences. And tell me - should i do the model from scratch?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by hameleona; 01-29-2012 at 23:58.

Quote Originally Posted by hameleona View Post
    Well, people, i have a good and a bad news.
    The good one is that the model is OK. The bad news is that the model is horrible for cavalry. I'll have to re-do it from scratch...
    Or, maybe not... Concentrate on the differences. And tell me - should i do the model from scratch?
    Well, I can´t see a problem. I like it (tough I can´t really see a difference between the two pics).

I am testing the other units right now:

Hastati:

Name:	1.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	3517
    They seem to be alot like the triarii. This confused me for a few seconds. Also, they appaer to fight only with their Pilla. They throw it and then fight with it. Since I used the normal entry of the Hastatii I don´t know why this happens. They don´t use the gladius even if I explicitly order them to do it. :confused

Triarii_ahowl (why are they named that way?): I have the same problem as above. Edit: Solved it. Here is a screenie:

Name:	2.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	3518
    (...more)
    Last edited by Magneto; 01-30-2012 at 16:18.

hastati - my mistake. There must be a typo in the weapon names in the model. I'll see to it. I don't remember if they have a sword, tho - those i think are the early polibean hastati - so they are spearmen.

The early Hastati have only a spear, they should not even have pilae, same goes for the Principes. And those are the early Triarii, they look awesome!

Here are the fix units hameleona

hastati - my mistake. There must be a typo in the weapon names in the model. I'll see to it. I don't remember if they have a sword, tho - those i think are the early polibean hastati - so they are spearmen.
    The early Hastati have only a spear, they should not even have pilae, same goes for the Principes. And those are the early Triarii, they look awesome!
    You confused me: The texture and the model were both named "Hastatii". Why are they triarii?

You have:

Hastatii (texture)
    Principes (texture)

hastati.cas (model)
    hastati_late.cas (model)
    principi.cas (model)
    principi_late.cas (model)

all the hastatii use the same texture. All the principes - to.

You have:

Hastatii (texture)
    Principes (texture)

hastati.cas (model)
    hastati_late.cas (model)
    principi.cas (model)
    principi_late.cas (model)

all the hastatii use the same texture. All the principes - to.
    Ok.

I have looked now at the equites - they look great. There is no need to redo them, if you ask me.
    I get a crash when testing the triarii_ahowl_late, tough. No error message this time, just a freeze while loading.

Edit: Is there something different between the Hastati and the late Hastatii? I couldn´t spot any.
    Last edited by Magneto; 01-31-2012 at 15:59.

the only difference is that the late hastati throw pilae and have the gladius while the early hastati have only a spear

the only difference is that the late hastati throw pilae and have the gladius while the early hastati have only a spear
    NOW I understand. Ok. This pretty much explains the wierd behavior of the early hastati, which tried to throw a pila and fight with the gladius.

Heavy cavalry
    Roman light infantry
    I noticed this, in the post marian unit list that have been done by Asgaroth. What actually happened to the citizen cavalry after the Marian reforms, is quite a mystery. However, the most plausible theory says that light and heavy non-elite cavalry was recruited from the conquered people, mostly Gauls and Iberians, while the citizen cavalry was not recruited anymore, although generals had their bodyguards, which were Roman in most cases. my point is that these units should be AoR, but only for the Romans

So here are the first units for Carthage I have made...I will make them more but first we must see how do these ones look and if they work ingame....I hope Primo sees these in the next few days....The package includes 5 units of which I have made(reskined) 4 :

Iberian infantry
    Iberian Scutarii
    Carthaginian peltasts
    Town militia
    Moorish archers(they are CA's work),but didn't appeared in RTW.

So here are the first units for Carthage I have made...I will make them more but first we must see how do these ones look and if they work ingame....I hope Primo sees these in the next few days....The package includes 5 units of which I have made(reskined) 4 :

Iberian infantry
    Iberian Scutarii
    Carthaginian peltasts
    Town militia
    Moorish archers(they are CA's work),but didn't appeared in RTW.
    Implented. Some screens:

Name:	2.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	4793

Name:	1.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	4792

I will upload the files so you can see for yourself.

Btw, what is the correct model for the moorish archers? As you see, the model used in the screen doesn´t fit the texture, as I used the default carthage archers´model.
    Last edited by Magneto; 03-22-2012 at 18:07.

First of all thank you very much Primo for the help !!!!

I don't know.I found the file in the RTW folders...

The units look nice.The town militia has a bronze helmet now...

This units aren't finished.The will be after hameleona get's back-Iberian infantry & Scutarii will have a new falcata sword witch hameleona made before,so he will just add it when he gets back...

I need to ask you something Primo since you are a good scripter & coder.I know that it is possible to change unit armor and weapons by scripting(and the other posibility is moding of course),at least I have read it somewhere,so the question is :is it possible ?

Meanwhile I will go and make more units.

I need to ask you something Primo since you are a good scripter & coder.I know that it is possible to change unit armor and weapons by scripting(and the other posibility is moding of course),at least I have read it somewhere,so the question is :is it possible ?
    What do you mean? It is possible to make a new unit with changed weapons and armor, but it isn´t possible to change it "ingame" through a script or something like that.

And btw, the Units look really nice, you did a good job there.

Ok then.Thanks for the info.

Thanks.We will make one hell of a job here.

Here are 4 more units :

1.Poeni infantry-they look good but I think that I should somehow remove that thing on the helmet-Everyone will see after you post the screens.

2.Samnite Cavalry-Just make them cavalrymen.

3.Sacred Band of Tanit

4.Poeni Phalangites-give the a sarissa,please.

Good job Asgaroth :) I wish we could get a modeller to help you

Thanks and no problem(when hameleona gets back we will update the units).I will wait to see how the new units will look after Primo makes the screens and then I will continue.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast