Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

Default Re: HAMELEONA & ASGAROTH'S WORKSHOP

Very nice.

So, how many units are there for Carthage ? just to remind me.

18 with the mercs (i'm not counting the onagers and the pesants).

Not bad, couse, the unique models are only 5 or 6, others will be in other roosters (numidian, iberian) or mercs if i get it right.

The elephants have unique models for the crew (one for each)
    The Poeni Swordsmen are unique
    Also the Liby infantry, and the Poeni Phalangites.
    The upgraded generals unit has an unique model.

So 5 for now. From 10 as a maximum - we are quite good in the DMB.

The full account is with the rooster:

Town Militia (they or the pesants must stay for avoiding a bug). May be used also for spain, as vanilla does, or may not.
    Scutarii (iberians will have them)
    Craetarii (iberians will have them)
    Sacred band (the armored hoplite uses the same model)
    Slingers (they are generic, so just a texture change can implement them in iberia, numidia, rome and the greek world)
    Peltasts (generic, maybe for iberia/numidia)
    Moorish javelinmen (they can be transformed in to something else with texturing only)
    Archers (numidians use them in vanilla)
    Round Shield Cavalry (it's iberian cavalry in general)
    Samnite Cavalry (mercenaries, and maybe AOR for some other factions)
    Long shield Cavalry (iberians and numidians use them in vanilla)
    Baelric slingers (mercenaries/AOR)
    Numidian Cavalry (numidians and mercs).

So for now 18 models in total.
    18/200 for the DMB (i leave 40 for officers, standarts, generals, mounts and all the other stuff)

Member thankful for this post:

About the peasants. We will delete all the peasant models and instead of them we will put new weaker units that will be unique for each faction. I will explain it tomorrow as it is too late at night now. It is a good idea. However we will not do that for Carthage as they already have town militia which will be just mooded.

Here I will give you the whole roaster :

Town militia - We will make a new model for them. But delete the model of peasants so you get a free space. MODEL : Same, HELMET : as celtic swordsmen,WEAPON : Same, SHIELD : Round shield,but enlarge it a bit please.
    Scutarii
    Craetarii
    Sacred Band of Tanit
    Slingers-There will only be baeleric slingers.
    Moorish javelinmen
    Peltasts
    Archers
    Round Shield Cavalry
    Long shield Cavalry
    Samnite Cavalry
    Numidian Cavalry
    Mauretanian archers
    Indian elephants
    African elephants
    Liby-poeni phalangites
    Libyan spearmen
    Celtic swordsmen
    Balistas- this will be the only siege unit for them.

I have made three skins for now out of that package you gave me. On some units there is not much to change. The town militia will be the last unit made for Carthage. I am sorry I came up with this right now,but it will bring fresh things in the mod.

Well, you can't actually make bigger round shield for a unit, than the vanilla hoplon (except for actual hoplites, using signifire ones animations) . The spear just goes trough the shield. That is why the liby spearmen didn't get one.

Can you use the hoplite model then and enlarge it? I will give him some clothes by skinning.

So just use the militia hoplite model. All that you need to do on the model is remove the armor on the legs and I will reskin it.

Armor in RTW is mostly not from the model. So you basically want them to be militia hoplites?

Armor in RTW is mostly not from the model. So you basically want them to be militia hoplites?
    Yes. but without the armor on the legs. And they will have a spear for a weapon. The helmet will be like the hastati but without the thing,like the one celtic swordsmen.

That is with the big shield. If you want them to have a short spear (as the original militia), i can't guaranty that the overhead thrust animation will work properly. And they'll look like that:

I think we both know, that i prefer the first one :)

I think we both know, that i prefer the first one :)
    Oh sorry. I have never told you.

I don't like the overhead animation,so all the hoplites from the mod will not have the overhead hoplite animation.

That is the unit I wanted. So the normal spear with the underhand. Send me the file so I can reskin them.

Well, no problem with me, but the normal hoplon shield from vanilla is as big as the round shields can get for spearmen.

People, remind me to upload the units i've made. Didn't have time to implement the militia (will do it, when i chose the map) so i'll just give you the model, so that it can be retextured

http://www.2shared.com/file/u_D1ieWb...e_militia.html

note: if you want them to have a whole shield texture - just make a copy of the Sacred Band texture with the appropriate shield symbol and i'll fix the things up when i make the 0.02 version :P
    (i feel good, when i speak about versions! Gives me a feeling of progress :))

As I promissed. Here are the units my friend.

Tell me if something is wrong with the skins after you add them.

NOTE :

Moorish javelinmen- they maybe need to be changed a little,tell me after you add the skin if you see something wrong.

Sacred Band- The shield they have now is good.

In general- Some units are changed, like added new,better textures of chainmail and the shields are changed in some units. The others uncahged that you have on your PC are good. I didn't changed them.

I put only the new reskined units in !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 05-16-2012 at 16:24.

I'll test them, than i'll start making UI's. Since nomather what changes may be needed, they'll be small, i think we can say, that we have finished the carthaginians! Preview coming soon. :)

Everything is just great! The moors really needed a little touch, but i have handle it. Fixed the Liby Spearmen UVW map, so that they look as they should ;)

Just a question - is this the Sacred Band texture?

Making the UI's now, but it's a SLOW process, not to mention, i have to make new UI's for all vanilla units, that are left in the game (just can't make the brightness as it is in vanilla... don't know how).

Finished the UI's! I think i can go without redoing the UI's of the vanilla units, but that is for you to decide ;)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carthage.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	5578

A full roster preview is coming up later today ;)

Carthaginian Units:

Citizen Militia

Libyan Infantry

Poeni Phalangites

Poeni Swordsmen:

Sacred Band of Baal

Carthaginian Peltasts

Carthaginian Slingers

Poeni Archers

Round-shield Cavalry

Long-shield Cavalry

General's Bodyguard (early)

General's Bodyguard (late)

African Elephants

Indian Elephants

Moorish Javelinmen

Craetarii

Scutarii

Numidean Cavalry

Samnite cavalry
    Last edited by hameleona; 05-17-2012 at 15:00.

EDIT: There you go - the unit rooster preview :)
    Last edited by hameleona; 05-17-2012 at 15:00.

Finished the UI's! I think i can go without redoing the UI's of the vanilla units, but that is for you to decide ;)
    Just one more thing to do about the units. You need to delet the peasants and add the balista.

I need to make the celtic swordsmen texture. I forgot it. They are also part of the roaster.

After all this we are done with Carthage.

I am here by my PC,so we can work now.

The rest of the units are great!

I will retexture a few units now.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 05-17-2012 at 17:27.

Yeah, celtic swordsmen... forgot about them.

Pfff don't ask how i'll make the ballista UI's, couse i don't know ether.

You have them in the original vanilla ?

I am making some textures now.

Here are the fixed skins. These are the real skins for the units.

You need to add the throwing javelins for the Scutarii....

So this is it. After this. Carthaginian units are done!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carthage does not own a ballista in vanilla. Only onagers.

I'll do the UI's tomorrow, then i'll start replacing the pesants in the files (it's a long and boring job, that is why i haven't remove them till now) with the militia.Then i'll start fixing some stats. Haven't implemented the doctrine system yet - tested it, then removed it - it will be the last thing I'll add. The mercenary barracks work like a charm.

Scutarii have the throwing spear. They don't have extras on the shield, since... well i don't have a solid reason. Mostly couse i don't like the way a throwing weapon looks on a scutum. If you want them to have a pair - say it, and i'll add them. But they still throw a javelin.

Ok. Then Nobody will have siege engines- less work and more space.

tested it, then removed it - it will be the last thing I'll add. The mercenary barracks work like a charm.
    Nice to hear that.

scutarii have the throwing spear. They don't have extras on the shield, since... well i don't have a solid reason. Mostly couse i don't like the way a throwing weapon looks on a scutum. If you want them to have a pair - say it, and i'll add them. But they still throw a javelin

leave them the way you like them. Just that they throw a spear,that's all.

Speed research needed! Really fast.

Tomorrow, or the day after i'm getting away from town. It's for fun, not for work, so i'll have tons of free time. Don't know when i'll be back, and the whole week is somewhat shitty (proms and such stuff), so i will ask you for some research. I need to have several (5-10) units to do, so that we can close another roster. Probably i wont code anything till the end of the month (have to do something for the uni, that includes 150 pages of code), but i like to model stuff in 3ds max. So, if you can (i'm not rushing you it will just be so much better if you can) post something for research for some faction (or factions) i'll be more than gratefull, and we can move further for the mod.

I personally suggest to do the numidians (couse it's a small roster) and iberians (couse then we can go to the other barbarians) and go from there on.

If you can't - no problem, but i'll do thracians, and i think you wont like my vision for them (yeah, they are my weak spot) :P

So, if you have something - i'll do it the next week. If not, i'll sleep and play StarCraft 1&2 and Dragon Age Origins :P

Blog Entries

Sorry if this is a bit off topic if your wondering why it's taking me so long to make a banner which will get made i'm busy making my own mod. which will take up some of my time. if your intrested in following it you can here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053451239

NUMIDIANS

Desert infantry -vanilla
    Numidian javelinmen -laca
    Numdidan cavalry- laca
    Archers-vanilla
    Long shield cavalry-vanilla
    Numidian camel riders- laca
    Numidian light infantry- laca
    Numidian imitation legionaires- laca
    Numidian auxilia - laca
    Numidian militia- laca
    African Elephants- Vanilla- I will make them now. Can you add a tower with crew on them maybe ?
    Slingers-vanilla
    Massylii archers-Model & skin(numidian javelinmen laca)-give them a bow.

DELETE :

Peasants
    Catapults
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 05-23-2012 at 09:36.

1. Numidians having more than 3 infantry units? WTF? Every account that we have actually suggests only two - the javeliners and the imitation legionaries.
    2. African Elephants- Vanilla- I will make them now. Can you add a tower with crew on them maybe ? - no, i can not. Not to mention, that African elephants wore to small for a tower.
    3. When did we go from making our own units to - just put a good unit pack in the mod?

PS: I'm ill, so i'm in a bad mood.

Numidians having more than 3 infantry units? WTF? Every account that we have actually suggests only two - the javeliners and the imitation legionaries.
    Why would there be just two units ?

And those two units you mentioned were the best known.

They are the only, if we think of it.
    numidians, probably had some sort of melee infantry, but all the accounts i have seen for them prove CA right when creating them - they used light javelin troops as a main force. Every nation has some sort of chosen warriors to protect the king, but don't forget, that numidians wore actually a nomadic tribe, not a settled one. And not to mention, that even when they adopted roman tactics, they still weren't match for the legions.
    This can come only from the fact, that there was no heavy infantry tradition there. Many people wore credited as equal or even superior to the romans in hand-to-hand battle, so i think that they didn't had any real heavy infantry.

CA did a great job making their roster in my eyes. Even when it comes to modeling/

But, as i said - i'm just saying. Implementing several units is very easy, and i think that we should not touch the numideans much.

(hell, i hate being ill - i'm cranky.)

And not to mention, that even when they adopted roman tactics, they still weren't match for the legions.
    I know that. They learned from the Romans.

This can come only from the fact, that there was no heavy infantry tradition there
    None of those units I posted are heavy. They are all light except Imitation legionaires that are lets say medium.

Implementing several units is very easy, and i think that we should not touch the numideans much.
    I still think that we should implement laca's units. Because at the time they were a kingdom they were nomads as you say by their origin by they didn't live a nomadic life as they did before.

And If they are a Kingdom then they should in my mind have some sort of army. Not just two- three units for the whole army.

And as said before. All of the units are light except the imitation legionaires,which are we could say medium.

They have 13 units and that is fair enough for a kingdom.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast