Thread: Screen's gone goofy

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Screen's gone goofy

My monitor just sorta out of the blue decided it liked pink. Now the screen has this continued pink hue/tint to it, regardless of which program I'm running. I've tried fiddling with the color settings to no avail. Tried setting the input to HDMI(just to see the error message) and it came through in perfect coloring. I'm genuinely unsure of what to do, and I'd prefer to not have to send anything in for fixing. Any suggestions?

For reference, here's a screenie I took of the .org. Anyone else see the slight off coloring?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Default Re: Screen's gone goofy

Perfectly normal here (the screenshot) make sure your monitor cable is plugged in correctly and all the way. This sort of stuff really likes to happen if you don't.

Blog Entries

How odd...

Sent myself on a couple hour nap, since I wasn't up to anything else too productive. Woke up and it's back to normal. Hmm.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

If your monitor is a CRT, that may be a sign that it's dying. My old, hulking CRT did some weird color shifts before it went completely belly-up. If you're using an LCD monitor ... no idea. I'd have to do some Google-fu.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Also that happens when one or more of those pins of the VGA connector of your monitor (LCDs like mine and CRTs has it) are bent/skewed/broken/missing. Make sure the connector pins (if you have'em that is) are intact.

Blog Entries

Nah, working on an LCD, Lemur. Almost not sure I could go back to a CRT at this point. Bring back bad memories of the ancient rust bucket I used back in high school that had about 16 gb of HD space.(just enough power to play MTW, still lagged at some of the auto-resolves )

Well, checked the pins on the VGA, and they seemed in order. Maybe they were jostled just a bit loose? Not sure, but it's been working just fine since the episode.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post
    Also that happens when one or more of those pins of the VGA connector of your monitor (LCDs like mine and CRTs has it) are bent/skewed/broken/missing. Make sure the connector pins (if you have'em that is) are intact.

All signs point to a vga connection issue. The fact that when you changed inputs the problem went away is telling. Maybe just a loose or poorly seated connector....
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln