Thread: Mass Effect 3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    I have to agree with Kekvit, if they offer it for free then this might turn out to be the biggest misdirection (and save of face) in recent memory. If they end up charging for it, there will be considerably less fanfare/acceptance. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how all of this ends up getting sorted out.
    Offering such a DLC for free would give their PR a big boost, but would be the complete opposite finances-wise. I mean if there is any guarantee that fans will buy a DLC, it would be this one. No matter what happens this DLC will sell.
    Obviously as you say that would be kind of bittersweet for everyone because then people will say that they deliberately withheld endings to make more money and it'll be the From Ashes thing all over again. But then I don't think EA/BW are much bothered by controversy now. I mean, just count. DA2 and Mike Laidlaw, the Origin software fiasco, then SWTOR and people getting angry about canon, then the attacks on Jennifer Hepler, then the From Ashes controversy and now this ending controversy. Quite a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Plus I want to play a Geth in multiplayer. Is that so wrong?
    I think the question is, does that geth have a soul?

Edit-
    BTW if anyone thinks that this discussion is getting redundant then just say so, because I get the feeling that I am the main promoter of this subject and I'd rather not be the cause of unpleasantness on our nice little forum.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 03-15-2012 at 15:52.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.