Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    I'm sorry I don't know why that pops up for you. I can still open it.
    I'll just paste it here.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Disclaimer:

The method I am about to describe is not supported or endorsed by either Bioware/EA or Microsoft. You are strongly encouraged to play the Multiplayer portion of Mass Effect 3 in order to raise Galactic Readiness, any unauthorised manipulation of your saved game files may be detected over the XBox Live network resulting in you being banned from the service. Those of you who cannot get online with your console have little to no risk because Microsoft cannot block you from a service you do not use, nor can they detect any breeches of the XBox Live terms and conditions by users who keep their consoles strictly offline. If you use the advice in this guide, you do so at your own risk, and neither the author, Bioware/EA or Microsoft are liable for any damages or loss of data that result.

OK with that, still with me? On with the guide.

Everything you need to do any form of Mass Effect 3 XBox360 save file manipulation:

Got all that stuff? OK, let's get cracking.

Preparing your USB storage device:

If you're already familiar with how USB storage works in conjunction with the XBox360, you can go ahead and skip this part and we'll meet up again in the next section. For those who don't, USB storage allows you to take files from your XBox360 and safely store them on a removable device. For our purposes, it allows you to port your save files from the XBox360 across to a Windows PC or laptop.

Unless you bought a new pen specially for this, your device probably already contains some files that you may have put there at some point in the past from your PC. Now is a good time to verify if any files exist on the stick, and if so copy them across to a folder on your computer. You'll be needing to completely wipe the contents of the USB device shortly, so make sure you make copies of all the files you don't want to lose.

When you're confident your USB device contains no data you don't want to lose, insert it into your XBox360 via the USB ports on the front or rear, and then power up your XBox360. In the Dashboard, go to the System Settings, and then to Memory. You should see at least three items in the list. Among them should be 'USB Storage Device', move down to it and select that option.

At this point, you'll either see the 'Configure USB Device' screen or you won't. If you see the screen, click 'Configure Now' - this will erase all the content on your USB device, and split the device's 'disk space' in two. The XBox360 will allocate a chunk to itself, and your Windows PC will get the remaining chunk. Don't worry, this isn't permanent. By formatting the USB device at a later point you can remove the XBox360 file system from your USB device and give your PC access to the whole pen again. Don't worry if you get a message saying your device doesn't meet the performance recommendations, as this doesn't matter and can be safely ignored.

Getting your file onto your USB device:

Before you go any further, log into the user profile associated with your Mass Effect 3 save. With your XBox360-formatted USB device inserted, navigate to the hard drive, and find your Mass Effect 3 saved game. You'll notice that the saves appear to be grouped by character, for example if your Shepard is named 'Fred' there will be a save called 'Fred - Vanguard - 2005/11/22' or something similar. If you select this, you're given the option to move, copy or delete the file.

Ordinarily I'd suggest you copy the file - but Mass Effect 3 won't let you do this. Instead, you'll have to move the file onto your USB device. This means that all your hard work only exists on the USB device and nowhere else. You'd better make a copy of that file pronto or you might make a mistake and lose it all.

Backing up your original save:

Unplug the USB device from the XBox360, and insert it into your Windows computer. You'll notice that if you browse the device in Windows Explorer the device appears to be empty... do not panic, this is normal. The reason you had to configure your USB device on the XBox is so that the XBox can build a file system on the device which Windows ordinarily doesn't know how to read. That's one of the reasons we need Horizon.

With Horizon downloaded and installed, launch the program. It takes a little while, so please be patient. If you get a message telling you that the program is operating in Offline Mode then just click OK. Eventually the main Horizon interface will appear.

To the right of the screen should be a panel called the Device Explorer. With your USB device inserted, you'll see the device and all it's virtual XBox360 folders in the lower portion of that panel. The topmost virtual folder should be 'Games'. Clicking that should expand the tree to display 'Mass Effect 3', and clicking the game's title will expand the tree to display your saved games.

Right click on your saved game, and select 'Extract File...', then choose a location to save your backup copy to, and hit Save. You've now got a fully working backed up copy of your saved game in case anything goes wrong. It's useful to perform this procedure outside of save file hacking from time to time since an average home computer generally has a larger hard drive than an XBox360, and you can even burn your saved games to DVD for an extra layer of protection. To restore the backup, with the Device Explorer panel visible in Horizon and your XBox360 formatted USB device inserted, simply drag the file from your computer's hard drive directly into Device Explorer. Horizon is smart enough to know where to put it, so don't worry about remembering which folders things came out of.

Extracting your saved game from your career file:

Now, as you probably noticed - you may have several saved games associated with a single Shepard within Mass Effect 3, but you only saw one file when you came to put it on your USB drive. This is because the file you have on your USB device is basically a career file. An archive (think of it like a ZIP or RAR file) that contains multiple files, which in this case are your actual saves. Career files are not supported by WinZip, WinRAR or any other regular PC archiving utility, so you'll need Horizon again to get at these files and extract one.

Find your Mass Effect 3 save file within the Horizon directory tree in the Device Explorer, and double click it. The Device Explorer panel will vanish and you'll get a small window in the middle of the screen with your career file as it's title. You'll also see a lot of data, numbers and buttons that look quite scary to newcomers. Don't worry about these - you won't need to touch most of them, and if you make a mistake you can always just restore the backup copy of the career file you made earlier (you did make one, didn't you?) to your USB device to get your file back to it's original state.

Now, click where it says 'Contents'. This will change the window to show all the different save files that are contained in this Shepard's career save. If you can see all your actual saves here, as well as your autosaves and chapter saves (and even new game plus for some reason) you're all good to go. You'll easily recognise your most recent manual save here, as it's the one with the highest number in the filename. Select it, right click it, and then select Extract. You'll be asked for a location to save your file, so find a good directory to store it in and hit Save.

At this point, I'd recommend backing up this file too - so use Windows Explorer to create a copy of the file somewhere just in case.

Extracted the file? Got a backup of your career file and saved game somewhere? OK, let's edit.

Editing the save file to increase or alter War Asset values:

Horizon can't do this, but you may as well leave that window open as it will save you time since you'll need it later. For this part of the process, you'll need to fire up Gibbed's Mass Effect 3 Save Editor for PC and XBox360. You can launch this directly by double-clicking the EXE file within the archive as no installation is required.

With the main interface open, you'll need to get your save file in there. To do this, click Open and find the saved game you extracted earlier. This is the file that has the extension 'xbsav'. There are three tabs in the main interface - Player, Plot and Raw - if 'Raw' is not selected, click it. You'll get a seemingly long list of data displayed. Again, this can be scary, though much of it is obvious and easy to figure out. You don't absolutely need to touch much of this, but if you feel like it explore away.

What you really need to do is go down to the bottom of that list, to where it says 'Player'. It should literally be right at the bottom of the list. This will expand the tree with more items that appear underneath, one of which should be 'GAW Assets'. Find and click this, and then click the tiny button that appears to the right of this line that says '...', to gain access to the GAW Asset Collection Editor.

This bit is a little strange. There are no names displayed for the assets, only numbers. This is why I included 'Diana Allers' in the requirements list. She's referenced in the editor as asset number 186. You'll need to scroll down the listbox until you see a '186' appear - not the 186th item, but the item that is called 186 - and then click it. If you've never edited your save file before, you'll see that she has 5 strength. If she does not, either you've clicked the wrong item (look again, make sure you have the list item with the name '186' selected) or you previously edited the file.

When you're sure (or confident) you have the right item selected, you can manually edit the Strength value. This alters the number of points that the 'Diana Allers' GAW asset brings towards your total. You can make this as high or as low as you like. When you're done, hit OK to close the GAW Asset Collection Editor, and return to the main interface. From here, you can simply click Save (at the top of the screen) to save a copy of your modified save file. You can then safely close Gibbed's Mass Effect 3 Save Editor.

Injecting your modified file into your Shepard's career file:

If you kept your Horizon window open, you're most of the way there already. If you didn't, follow the steps in the sections above to bring up the list of your career file's contents. What you need to do now is right-click on the save file you extracted earlier, and choose 'Replace' from the popup menu that appears. Find your modified save file in the dialog you're presented with, and hit Open. Finally, click the big red 'Save, Rehash, and Resign' button. This will modify the file so that your XBox doesn't detect that it's been tampered with (which is essential otherwise the file will show up as corrupt on the XBox360), and also directly saves the whole career file back to your USB device. You can now close Horizon.

Moving your modified career file back to your XBox360:

Unplug your USB device from your computer, and insert it back into your XBox360. Navigate to your Storage Devices, and then to Memory Unit ('USB Storage Device' becomes 'Memory Unit' when it contains a XBox360 file system), and you should see your Mass Effect 3 save file present and correct. If everything went well, select the Move option to transfer it across to your XBox360's hard disk drive.

Verifying your edit worked:

Now it's time to see the fruits of your labour. Launch Mass Effect 3, and manually load the correct save file from among your Shepard's career saves. Hopefully you were sensible and saved on the Normandy, if you weren't... you'll have to get back there ASAP. Head to the War Room and check out your GAW Assets.

You'll need to find 'Diana Allers', she's tucked away in 'Alliance'. If everything went well, her value should have altered from 5 to whatever value you changed it to within the editor. You may even notice that - providing you changed it significantly - your blue/green EMS bar will have updated to reflect the change. With a boosted Allers, it's much easier for a single-player only player to obtain the maximum EMS.

Why did I choose Allers:

Just in case you get a touch guilt-ridden over adjusting your EMS in this way, you'll be pleased to know that as long as Allers carries the burden of all your alterations - the status quo can be easily returned by simply booting her off the ship. It's true that you can always edit her values back down to 5 again and that kicking her off the ship would actually cost you those 5 points, but you always have both options so you can pick a method as you see fit at any stage down the line.

And besides, if you're going to carry her around with you on the Normandy, this at least makes her a more valuable asset.
    Thanks for the copy/paste.

Unfortunately Tiaexz is right: there's a chance it will get my entire account banned. Microsoft are hypersensitive about savegames due to the achievement system.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    And found my first cheater. Or, at least, the first one that didn't care about it being obvious. N7 ranking of 7,040 with a Saber X as his weapon. Yeah, because that sounds totally legit.
    How are these people cheating?? are they changing the stats of weapons or something?

Finished single player last night was a bit apprehensive about the end after all the hate on the web I have to say I thought it was fine. (my enjoyment came from the the ride along the way)

I fairly confident Mass 4, 5 an 6 will be made though likely with a new character and I am guessing EA will never anyone branch a story as much again the Mass 2 suicide mission will never be allowed ever again.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 03-19-2012 at 14:37.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    Finished single player last night was a bit apprehensive about the end after all the hate on the web I have to say I thought it was fine. (my enjoyment came from the the ride along the way)

I fairly confident Mass 4, 5 an 6 will be made though likely with a new character and I am guessing EA will never anyone branch a story as much again the Mass 2 suicide mission will never be allowed ever again.

You I think that reading spoilers on the Internet allows for some degree of tempering against the bad ending. I mean when you read posts along the lines of, "OMG THE ENDING RUINED MY LIFE!" then one expects the worst. After that when you get an ending with no dead bodies in view it actually feels quite good.
    That's actually one reason I advised everyone to check out the spoilers so that they go in prepared and don't receive any unpleasant shocks. Because people do (and I confess I am one of them) get very involved with their characters.

I predict that if there are future games, they would either be shooters or some other genre. I can't see them doing another RPG in ME universe anytime soon. Tends to get stale.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

I predict that if there are future games, they would either be shooters or some other genre. I can't see them doing another RPG in ME universe anytime soon. Tends to get stale.
    Oh some kind of shooter no doubt with a bit of story thrown in for good measure
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

ME3 is already more shooter than RPG so that's highly likely. To be honest, I think the stripped down RPG nature of 3 will be their model going forward. Some choices but overall the game based in third-person action.

Double post! Sorry guys but here's the results of the N7 weekend: basically, everyone did their part. Three million brutes got nullified so everyone can expect two unlocks coming their way tomorrow at 5pm PST, provided you participated and won at least one game

Fluffly breakdown is here: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/19/o...ath-success-2/

Looking forward to the next challenge weekend as this one was a ton of fun. All in all I think i had about 15 extractions against Reapers on Silver - here's hoping this weekend's events has taught some of the new blood how to act accordingly when facing down a banshee charge. (probably not, but a man can dream)
    Last edited by Monk; 03-20-2012 at 00:43.

Blog Entries
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    I wasn't sure that was Joe at first, he sounds more like Depressed Joe than Angry Joe.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Being honest, I can use the basic premise from the Endings and produce something vastly different instantly and it would only take the group of Bioware developers an afternoon. Most time consuming would be getting the voice actors to read out the new lines. This is what I would do different on the fundamental level:

The Star Child doesn't exist, it is simply Harbringer.

Now this rips open all the new possibilities. Such as the Blue choice and even worse, all the supporting evidence for this is in the game already as if it was planned then cruelly snatched away.

Don't you think it is hilarious how the Illusive man is some how the Paragon choice at the end? How "Star Child" said he cannot control the reapers and what not but "you" can? And it doesn't explain the very beginning of the game either. Restart the game or even the Demo, and watch the child very carefully. No one helps him aboard the "ship", he simply disappears from the Ducts with accompanying Reaper noise. It says in the Codex about indoctrination producing ghostly images. All in short, Shepard is indoctrinated. The whole thing about going for the Blue is so the Reapers end up actually winning and absorbing Shepard's essence, owning the Galaxies best. Then they just proceed to destroy everything once and for all.

Anyway, I will leave the Green for abit, then I will go for the Red:

This is apparently the choice Anderson would take, somehow, the best Paragon of Virtue in the Entire series is doing the "Renegade" choice and what better way for "Star Child" (Harbringer) to do then trick Sheperd into thinking Anderson is the bad guy in all of this, and not the illusive man. Also, the Reapers are on a totally different system then the other synthetics, such as the Geth and apparently afterall, the Star Child owns it all, he could simply go "Star Child, stick it in your torpedo tube". So the Red ending is technically the best ending as you defeat the Reapers, this is why Harbringer is trying to persuade you away from it towards the other two options which also outright kill you, this is why the Red ending gives the "gasping scene" at the end as you defeat Harbringers influence and thus free yourself.

Green Ending:
    Congratulations, you just turned everyone into Husks. Unlike the Blue ending where the Reapers simply outright win, the Green is the "Organics will join the Reapers", so everyone is effectively turned into Husks. So whilst you "save them", they are now enternally bound to their Reaper Overlords. A very bittersweet ending.

Now for the brand new cut scenes for the End.

New Blue:
    Commander Shepard gets absorbed by the Reapers, Harbringer grins as he looks on his successful task. Now possessing the galaxies most important figure (yourself), the Reapers now get that very crucial upperhand and simply smackdowns on the super armanda, then just rips apart the world. The whole Galaxy quakes in terror as they have Commander Shepard upon their television screens telling them that the reapers have won and to embrace them. It cuts to a scene where the council are in an emergency bunker under attack, "They got to him... Sheperd was indoctrinated, we were fools." "Clearly we were outmatched by a superior foe, a sound strategy.". The Crew people of the Normandy are like - Tali: "I cannot believe it.. Sheperd... indoctrinated..". In short, it isn't a twist ending, it is an ending which simply tells the player "Damn, you are dumb. You couldn't see through the obvious? I mean really.. Illusive Man is the good guy all along?!"

New Red:
    This one is very similar to the current. If you got bad war assets, you end up wiping out everyone including the reapers by blowing the galaxy up to due to the number of "mistakes", but if you do everything, you unllock the ME equal of the Deathstar to use against the Reapers, thus having the firepower to wipe their behinds off the face of the galaxy.

New Green:
    Everyone gets assimilated like the Borg. It is a stalemate, a "Draw" ending, where the Reapers "Basically Win", but they do not fully get their way, and Organics? Well, they just survive as part of the Reaper Collective now.

What is not in the cutscenes:
    Normandy fleeing or paradise planet.

On a completely separate note:
    Surely when they built the crucible they would have noticed that to some how fire a weapon, you need to destroy part of it, and the other various levers and handpanels and what not.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-20-2012 at 21:21.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

@ Tiaexz

Two words Space Magic!

About the red ending.
    The only thing that makes it bad ATM is that all synthetics with Reaper tech in them die. Now a paragon Shepard can live with sacrificing EDI, but killing the Geth really sours the deal. (I haven't tried a game where I prevented Legion from uploading Reaper code as yet, so I do not know what will happen in that case....do the Quarians kill the geth anyway?)

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Being honest, I can use the basic premise from the Endings and produce something vastly different instantly and it would only take the group of Bioware developers an afternoon. Most time consuming would be getting the voice actors to read out the new lines. This is what I would do different on the fundamental level:

Now this rips open all the new possibilities. Such as the Blue choice and even worse, all the supporting evidence for this is in the game already as if it was planned then cruelly snatched away.

Don't you think it is hilarious how the Illusive man is some how the Paragon choice at the end? How "Star Child" said he cannot control the reapers and what not? And it doesn't explain the very beginning of the game either. Restart the game or even the Demo, and watch the child very carefully. No one helps him aboard the "ship", he simply disappears from the Ducts with accompanying Reaper noise. It says in the Codex about indoctrination producing ghostly images. All in short, Shepard is indoctrinated. The whole thing about going for the Blue is so the Reapers end up actually winning and absorbing Shepard's essence, owning what the Galaxies best. Then they just proceed to destroy everything once and for all.
    Yeah I just didn't understand that. At all. It was the reason why I chose Red and said to hell with the consequences. It was far better than the alternatives.

Seriously? I've spent all game telling this guy he's a lunatic (rightly so) and watch him murder innocent people by the thousands. By the thousands. In playing a renegade I did some stuff Shepard probably isn't proud of, but you never go as far as TIM does in ME3. And suddenly the game tells you that he was right all along and his mass-murder was the way to go? Are you ribbing?

Green was no better imo. Like you said it had a distinct borg vibe to it, the only way that even remotely made sense for imo was Red. Unfortunately it still suffers from how ambiguous the entire ending is.

I still am of the opinion (expressed on the last post of page 9) that Bioware simply ran out of time and had to scrap half the ending, almost mirroring what happened with KOTOR 2. All the signs are there.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    I still am of the opinion (expressed on the last post of page 9) that Bioware simply ran out of time and had to scrap half the ending, almost mirroring what happened with KOTOR 2. All the signs are there.
    I messed up with the Qaurians and Geth with the result that the Quarians got wiped out and Tali threw herself off a cliff...yet I had the romance scene with her before the final showdown. So yeah I'm inclined to believe they ran out of time.

Blog Entries

I've noticed a bit of unfinished parts too, there's a bunch of grey elcor shapes with spoons growing out thier heads standing around the inaccessable parts of the citadel nightclub, dont look too closely at the far off dancers either; ever seen one of those lamps that have a cloth that wriggles around in an air stream?
    And have you looked around in that little area before the final push to the beam? You start out overlooking a hole in a wall where two marines are shooting through, from the angle provided by the window if you walk towards it you can see that they are shooting at nothing. If you wait around they dont ever stop shooting until you go down and join them, and even from that angle as they close the hole it still looks like they're fighting nothing, what with no returned fire.
    The idle human soldiers look robotic, a row of marines salute in exact unison and dont stop saluting ever, every single soldier ends standing in the same place, even the guys who have been relieved of holding the gate are just standing like doofus' facing the wall.
    Also the krogan are pretty orderly during wrex's speech, shifting thier feet, checking thier weapons, almost like they're ignoring him. And they dont cheer, not so much as a weak "raaah" in wrex's audio clip. I know wrex isn't exactly Henry V here but come one!.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 03-21-2012 at 04:59.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Finally redeemed my Commendation Pack. I got the N7 Hurricane SMG.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae View Post

I never got any N7 weapons at all. So feel honoured. Totally ripped off.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ditto here. I even tried it with my turian soldier's marksman just to see if it made it good. Noap.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Hey angry joe's put up an indoctrination theory video.
    spoilers: http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/03/indo...e3-ending-dlc/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Hey angry joe's put up an indoctrination theory video.
    spoilers: http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/03/indo...e3-ending-dlc/
    Wow, there are actual thoughts and theories based on what I noticed? Amazing.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I got a Geth Pulse Rifle.

To be fair, not as bad as the Hurricane, but I really have no use for the multitude of assault rifles out there. The Avenger and Vindicator can handle just about anything when I need them, which is seldom due to overlap with any non-Hurricane SMG.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

It looks like they refunded me another pack!

This time I got the N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post

To be fair, not as bad as the Hurricane, but I really have no use for the multitude of assault rifles out there. The Avenger and Vindicator can handle just about anything when I need them, which is seldom due to overlap with any non-Hurricane SMG.
    I'd rather have the Hurricane than the GPR. The GPR does extremely sub-par DPS and sustained DPS. Then again, I'd rather have neither, since I use my Mattock for assault rifles, and I use SMGs if I want to suck.

I got the valiant sniper rifle :3

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Not really sure what else I can say at this point other than "interesting." The discussion in the last 3 weeks has covered just about everything there is to say, both here and around the internet at large.

Personally, i'm going to pause my current New Game+ play through and wait until after April to see what they're up to. Probably the best idea at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post

Need....SHOTGUNS...

Vanguard...must....

SHEPARD CHAAAAARGE!

and Shockwaves, shockwaves everywhere....
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefluffyone93 View Post
    Need....SHOTGUNS...

Vanguard...must....

SHEPARD CHAAAAARGE!

and Shockwaves, shockwaves everywhere....
    I have to admit, I tried Vanguard recently and it was a lot of fun.

Infiltrator will always be my favorite class, though. Nothing like cloaking yourself and separating 2 or 3 enemies from their heads with your favorite sniper rifle.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...ect-3-giveaway

A sniper rifle that fires electricity rounds. SP only, sadly.
    OVER 9000! left in stock.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...ect-3-giveaway

A sniper rifle that fires electricity rounds. SP only, sadly.
    OVER 9000! left in stock.
    Thanks for the heads up!

My SP is already unbalanced enough, what with being level capped and having unlocked most of the hidden power weapons. I don't need another. If only it was MP ready i'd jump at it.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!

My SP is already unbalanced enough, what with being level capped and having unlocked most of the hidden power weapons. I don't need another. If only it was MP ready i'd jump at it.
    Ditto. Maybe if I played sp on insanity I'd go for it, but I'll just let others have it. As it is, I'm having entirely too much fun superheroing sp on normal with my vanguard without using my weapons.

also, I approve of the KS meme pics.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    Ditto. Maybe if I played sp on insanity I'd go for it, but I'll just let others have it. As it is, I'm having entirely too much fun superheroing sp on normal with my vanguard without using my weapons.
    As much as I loved the initial SP balance, it gets really skewered once you unlock some of the better weapons. I was playing on Insanity like it was absolutely nothing before news of the retcon DLC became known. Its really surprising, since Insanity in ME1 and ME2 were pretty frustrating, here its almost trivial. All you have to do is buy one or two weapon upgrades and suddenly the power weapons cannot be stopped.

The M-37 Falcon is the most heinous example of an OP gun: rapid fire grenades turn Brutes into mulch. This is likely the reason its fire rate got nerfed pretty significantly in MP.

The Grail Spike Thrower (one of my favorite weapons) is unfortunately also pretty overpowered. I can headshot anything, instantly, from any range with this beast. Its hilariously good fun, but also too easy. I think I might completely wipe my save and just start again from whatever level i imported in from ME2. Wiping out entire hallways in an instant on Insanity just doesn't feel right.

also, I approve of the KS meme pics.
    I finished that up about three weeks ago. Charming VN and really enjoyed the characters.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-23-2012 at 04:57.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast