Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Since my family doesn't really do the chocolate egg or religious thing, I was given a copy of ME3 for Easter. I finished it this afternoon. That was underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong - there was a lot of good in there. Good voice acting, good scenes, some good jokes, a few good areas. Nice to have weapon upgrades back. Glad ammo is more common if they insist on having it in the game. Good cameos and links to the prior games. Mix and match weapons are good. Being able to run faster and for longer is great. Plus: Garrus, as always! It's just totally undermined by a bunch of stuff which I didn't go for. If you don't want to read assorted whinging and nitpicking with the occasional spoiler, ignore the below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It's a short game. ME1 took me about 40 hours to finish the first time. ME2 30-ish, and I remember being surprised that the game ended so abruptly when you went on the suicide mission. ME3 took me a slender 22 hours, including all N7 missions and a bunch of planet scanning. I launched my final assault thinking "That's it?! That's a big war to decide the fate of the galaxy?! Defeating Saren took more work!" Doesn't look like I missed any non-scanning missions either.

Out of all of my Shepards, the game only detected one. One. Out of four. Insanity Shep, the sentinal I used to complete ME2 on insanity difficulty. Her face was completely mangled, to the point where she looked nothing like my character! My CannonShep is amongst the MIA casualties so I can't complete my 'proper' story.

Adding rolls and cover swaps overloads the already stressed 'A' button, and makes for more of those "No! I didn't mean that!" moments where I get shot in the head. The increased freedom to move about on cover seems to mean my Shep detaches herself and stands up to get shot because I accidentally tapped too far left or right when trying to shuffle. I am so looking forward to playing insanity with this.

Grenades. Ugh. Not enjoyable IMO, either to use or face. The team won't dodge them, and half the time when I try to evade I get hung up on scenery or on a squad mate. They are a one-hit kill from full health and shields, which makes getting blown up by factors outside of my control very annoying.

Cerberus soldiers are not enjoyable to fight. Too attached to spamming the same couple of moves over and over whilst shouting in their nasty voices which for some reason the game always plays at top volume instead of factoring in distance and position.

Enemies who can kill you in a single hit are not much fun, particularly when they are melee types and run straight at you. I thought we'd learned that after ME1.

What's with all the bugs? I encountered invisible gun turrets (there was no model at all, bullets were spawning from thin air as I watched), and had multiple occasions where cutscenes lacked any character models. Garrus kept vanishing during conversations. My squad vanished out of battles entirely a few times, not dead, just simply not there. I got stuck in the ceiling whilst speaking to EDE, twice. I had active quests which I had completed, and could not speak to the relevant person to end them. Dialogue repeatedly cuts out or fails to play - I had to enable subtitles.

Speaking of side missions a) that journal is horrible! It doesn't update with mission status, it doesn't give much useful detail, and each time I open it the game opens to the codex section and then forces me to scroll through my entire completed quest list in order to reach the new stuff. b) the N7 missions are pretty darn poor. MP maps with lame wave attacks by Cerberus soldiers or husks. Also, all of those tedious scanning missions need to go. c)There are hardly any side quests. Aside from the N7 ones there's, what, 4? 5?

Collectable objects do not highlight from a distance now. That means I have to comb the map tediously, instead of being able to take a quick look about and be certain whether I was missing anything or not. Activating objects or conversations is very fussy, if I don't stare directly at the tag whilst still and stood at precisely the right distance, it won't activate.

Ugly graphics. Not ugly as in bad, ugly as in poor colour choices and nasty character designs. Lots of very dark areas too, where I had to pump contrast high in order to see anything. Certain squad mates are pretty indistinct from Cerberus forces; I lost count of the number of times I tried to shoot James and Ashley during heated fights.

Level design remains pretty boring, with obvious combat zones I can spot from a mile off. The combat areas often feel cluttered with too much cover, too many things to get hung up on when trying to move. ME1's long race areas are still MIA; I miss sniping people from halfway across the map.

Loading screens. The Normandy now has important areas like the armoury a load screen away from CIC, and research another load screen away from that. What I used to be able to do quickly in ME2 now takes 3 different loading sessions and a lot of running about. Also, it's nice that characters move about. It's not nice that the game doesn't tell you where they have gone.

That small delay as I pass through the security scanner from the comm room gets absurdly irritating for something so small.

"Hi. We built our big-bads up to be so big and bad that we need to introduce a lame plot-bob so you can defeat them." Ugh. Do not like the whole Crucible thing.

People keep complaining at Shepard about Cerberus. That's exactly the sort of thing I was saying myself during ME2 and why I resented being forced to ally with them. I found it immensely annoying to have to sit through all of this recrimination and complaining, for something I never wanted to do. Especially Ashley and her constant harping on. What does my Shepard do? Wail, "But I thought they were good people!" and "Oh I made such a terrible mistake!" whenever she's out of my direct control. Argh!

Certain plot situations made me roll my eyes and go "This again?".

That ending. There's nothing I can add to the masses which have gone before: even if you accept the Reaper's purpose it does not make sense because of the way the scenes and dialogue play out. In my 'eye' the game ends with Shepard and Anderson dying side by side watching the battle over earth, as the Crucible melts the Reaper AI cores or something.

And why does blowing up the Reaper's controlling plot-bob cause the Geth to die?!

So I'm talking to the first Reaper I kill. It says the usual line about "Our purpose is beyond your comprehension" and then tells me "We're killing all advanced organics so you don't create synthetics which kill all organics". What's incomprehensible about that? It's stunningly simplistic. If simplistic is the best you can offer, best to keep the secret.

Too easy to get everything right. Based on a good playthrough of ME1 and ME2, and with much spamming of the paragon options, I basically saved everyone, made rainbows appear, kissed kittens, and handed out chocolate. Two people died (Mordin, Thane), both of whom I believe were unavoidable. I even managed to talk the Illusive Man down at the end.

So I overloaded a big, powerful reactor right next to the human proto-reaper. Kaboom! Barely any station left. Yet the Illusive Man has managed to retrieve most of Skeletor? Shouldn't it be vaporised?!

Why is there a techno-ninja in my game? Make it go away. Yes, I know who the character is, No, I still don't want him there. Also, hated the boss battles he was part of. Especially the second one.

We've still got fuel on the galaxy map? Oh goodie, I was afraid that aspect wouldn't be tedious enough. I love returning to the citadel and sitting through lots of loading screens in order to refuel, just as I love risking life and limb scanning for stuff only to find I'm dodging Reapers because I located another fuel pocket.

Actually, that whole Reaper pursuit thing. It's dumb. So you fail to dodge them? You get returned right where you were prior to any system scanning. This means you can repeat your scans to pick up the material without inviting the Reapers to party. So what's the point of the whole thing? It's null and void gameplay - you'd get exactly the same result if the game never spawned Reapers.

Horrid slow-mo child dreams need to go away. Also, if I could cut that nauseating, manipulative scene with the brat at the start I would.Yes, I'm aware of the indoctrination theory and how it applies to these dreams. No, I don't find the theory fully convincing. Yes, I'd still dump the dreams even if the theory were true. They are not good gameplay - rework them to use a character my Shep might care about, and to involve more than running s-l-o-w-l-y through bland scenery.

Disc changing. Look, I'm a veteran of the days when PC games came on 6 CDs, or 4 floppies, or whatever. I'm no stranger to disc swapping, nor do I object to it in principle. ME3 seems to arrange its content randomly. I had to swap discs repeatedly, often on a mission by mission basis, because the designers didn't split the content up via plot progress like they did in ME2 and like most companies in the last 10 years who developed a multi-disc game. Bad design.

Please stop ruining my favourite class after each title! The soldier was my favourite in ME1, and ME2 destroyed most of what I enjoyed about it when it removed weapon mods, long range open combat, added ammo, and changed the abilities. Changes to class powers and combat styles means the sentinel now feels boring and lacking that fun something, whereas in ME2 it felt versatile and enjoyable.

Three games into the series and the squadmate AI remains pitiful. They stand out in the open, take cover on the wrong side of walls, and stand in spots where they can't attack before proceeding to blissfully stare into space whilst I do all the work. The game still fails to offer sufficient tools to manage them, e.g. a control list like the one in Dragon Age: Origins.

Melee attacks still stink. The quick attack is pathetic. Sometimes the heavy attack refused to work and I was left quick-punching the enemy repeatedly, and that usually lead to my death. When charging the heavy attack, I ended up punching to the side of my target far too frequently. Enemies easily interrupt the charging phase with unavoidable attacks of their own. Net result: I avoid melee wherever possible.

Why can't I move the camera whilst running? If I need to make a semi-sharp turn or navigate around obstructions, I have to slow down, twiddle with the controls, and start running again. That's caused me to eat rockets more than once.

Cerberus. :sigh: Could they be any more Generic Evil Villains of Nastiness if they tried? Maybe if they stapled devil horns onto their helmets. Why do we even need them as a leading adversary? Aren't the Reapers and their whole 'cyclic extinction of all advanced races' shtick enough of a threat to overcome? All of the interesting things Bioware could have done with Cerberus, passed over for lolevilz.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. I am not sufficiently engaged by the game to want to discuss it. As I said, whinging and nitpicking. Hmm, I'm starting to realise that with Bioware games after ME1 it's less a question of which one I liked best, and more a question of which one I complained about least.

I used that free iOS app to get the 100% galactic readiness. Very boring, and very unnecessary. The whole MP->SP link is dire. I went with the red ending, and got the rubble scene and the snowy scene. I think that means the full ending.

So IMO ME1 remains the best in the series, despite its problems and despite certain improvements made in the sequels. I'll play ME3 again to complete it on insanity, since it's a series tradition. After that, all bets are off. I might return to see what the new ending DLC does, I might not.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Off topic but... how in the world did you get 40 hours out of ME1? I did nearly every side-quest i could find and topped out at 18. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Off topic but... how in the world did you get 40 hours out of ME1? I did nearly every side-quest i could find and topped out at 18. :|
    I did all of the side quests, explored all of the planets, and talked to everyone using all of the available options without fast-forwarding the dialogue. Because I didn't follow a guide I had to do some redundant checking here and there to ensure I missed nothing. I always do that with my first run of an RPG.

EDIT: And that's made me realise I'll be able to trim out a large number of hours from my ME3 replay. Lots of wasted time going to see if people will talk, running around locating scanner missions and handing the goods in, etc. That will definitely leave it as the shortest game in the series by a wide margin.
    Last edited by frogbeastegg; 04-10-2012 at 19:37.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Blog Entries

Well, there we are, they made such a cruddy ending to draw attention from the rest of the problems, fortunately for the most part my PC version didnt encounter all that many bugs.

As for the certian samurai git, well in a world with cybernetics and biotics it seemed like about time someone tried to pull a shadowrun street samurai on it, still thought it was a bit out of place, my shep allways had a helmet on so I usually imagine shep having a great "WTf is that dumbass doing" grin when he first sees kai leng.

Has anyone noticed that cerberus seems to resemble the empire of the rising sun from RA3 in this game?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

I would say that the game is relatively shorter because EA indoctrinated Bioware with their greed, but that's just too cliche right now.
    The game definitely has been dumbed down (the conspicuous lack of a neutral dialogue option is evidence enough) and there are several bits of the plot (besides the ending) that could've been better written and handled, but nonetheless the game isn't all that bad. I've focused mainly on the ending in this thread but that aside I liked the game.
    Like Greyblades mentioned, most of those bugs don't appear on the PC, so it was a smoother overall experience.

Also I'm pretty sure that once they release all the DLC with complete edition, most probably by this time next year, it's going to be the game it should be right now.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    Since my family doesn't really do the chocolate egg or religious thing, I was given a copy of ME3 for Easter. I finished it this afternoon. That was underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong - there was a lot of good in there. Good voice acting, good scenes, some good jokes, a few good areas. Nice to have weapon upgrades back. Glad ammo is more common if they insist on having it in the game. Good cameos and links to the prior games. Mix and match weapons are good. Being able to run faster and for longer is great. Plus: Garrus, as always! It's just totally undermined by a bunch of stuff which I didn't go for. If you don't want to read assorted whinging and nitpicking with the occasional spoiler, ignore the below.

It's a short game. ME1 took me about 40 hours to finish the first time. ME2 30-ish, and I remember being surprised that the game ended so abruptly when you went on the suicide mission. ME3 took me a slender 22 hours, including all N7 missions and a bunch of planet scanning. I launched my final assault thinking "That's it?! That's a big war to decide the fate of the galaxy?! Defeating Saren took more work!" Doesn't look like I missed any non-scanning missions either.

Out of all of my Shepards, the game only detected one. One. Out of four. Insanity Shep, the sentinal I used to complete ME2 on insanity difficulty. Her face was completely mangled, to the point where she looked nothing like my character! My CannonShep is amongst the MIA casualties so I can't complete my 'proper' story.

Adding rolls and cover swaps overloads the already stressed 'A' button, and makes for more of those "No! I didn't mean that!" moments where I get shot in the head. The increased freedom to move about on cover seems to mean my Shep detaches herself and stands up to get shot because I accidentally tapped too far left or right when trying to shuffle. I am so looking forward to playing insanity with this.

Grenades. Ugh. Not enjoyable IMO, either to use or face. The team won't dodge them, and half the time when I try to evade I get hung up on scenery or on a squad mate. They are a one-hit kill from full health and shields, which makes getting blown up by factors outside of my control very annoying.

Cerberus soldiers are not enjoyable to fight. Too attached to spamming the same couple of moves over and over whilst shouting in their nasty voices which for some reason the game always plays at top volume instead of factoring in distance and position.

Enemies who can kill you in a single hit are not much fun, particularly when they are melee types and run straight at you. I thought we'd learned that after ME1.

What's with all the bugs? I encountered invisible gun turrets (there was no model at all, bullets were spawning from thin air as I watched), and had multiple occasions where cutscenes lacked any character models. Garrus kept vanishing during conversations. My squad vanished out of battles entirely a few times, not dead, just simply not there. I got stuck in the ceiling whilst speaking to EDE, twice. I had active quests which I had completed, and could not speak to the relevant person to end them. Dialogue repeatedly cuts out or fails to play - I had to enable subtitles.

Speaking of side missions a) that journal is horrible! It doesn't update with mission status, it doesn't give much useful detail, and each time I open it the game opens to the codex section and then forces me to scroll through my entire completed quest list in order to reach the new stuff. b) the N7 missions are pretty darn poor. MP maps with lame wave attacks by Cerberus soldiers or husks. Also, all of those tedious scanning missions need to go. c)There are hardly any side quests. Aside from the N7 ones there's, what, 4? 5?

Collectable objects do not highlight from a distance now. That means I have to comb the map tediously, instead of being able to take a quick look about and be certain whether I was missing anything or not. Activating objects or conversations is very fussy, if I don't stare directly at the tag whilst still and stood at precisely the right distance, it won't activate.

Ugly graphics. Not ugly as in bad, ugly as in poor colour choices and nasty character designs. Lots of very dark areas too, where I had to pump contrast high in order to see anything. Certain squad mates are pretty indistinct from Cerberus forces; I lost count of the number of times I tried to shoot James and Ashley during heated fights.

Level design remains pretty boring, with obvious combat zones I can spot from a mile off. The combat areas often feel cluttered with too much cover, too many things to get hung up on when trying to move. ME1's long race areas are still MIA; I miss sniping people from halfway across the map.

Loading screens. The Normandy now has important areas like the armoury a load screen away from CIC, and research another load screen away from that. What I used to be able to do quickly in ME2 now takes 3 different loading sessions and a lot of running about. Also, it's nice that characters move about. It's not nice that the game doesn't tell you where they have gone.

That small delay as I pass through the security scanner from the comm room gets absurdly irritating for something so small.

"Hi. We built our big-bads up to be so big and bad that we need to introduce a lame plot-bob so you can defeat them." Ugh. Do not like the whole Crucible thing.

People keep complaining at Shepard about Cerberus. That's exactly the sort of thing I was saying myself during ME2 and why I resented being forced to ally with them. I found it immensely annoying to have to sit through all of this recrimination and complaining, for something I never wanted to do. Especially Ashley and her constant harping on. What does my Shepard do? Wail, "But I thought they were good people!" and "Oh I made such a terrible mistake!" whenever she's out of my direct control. Argh!

Certain plot situations made me roll my eyes and go "This again?".

That ending. There's nothing I can add to the masses which have gone before: even if you accept the Reaper's purpose it does not make sense because of the way the scenes and dialogue play out. In my 'eye' the game ends with Shepard and Anderson dying side by side watching the battle over earth, as the Crucible melts the Reaper AI cores or something.

And why does blowing up the Reaper's controlling plot-bob cause the Geth to die?!

So I'm talking to the first Reaper I kill. It says the usual line about "Our purpose is beyond your comprehension" and then tells me "We're killing all advanced organics so you don't create synthetics which kill all organics". What's incomprehensible about that? It's stunningly simplistic. If simplistic is the best you can offer, best to keep the secret.

Too easy to get everything right. Based on a good playthrough of ME1 and ME2, and with much spamming of the paragon options, I basically saved everyone, made rainbows appear, kissed kittens, and handed out chocolate. Two people died (Mordin, Thane), both of whom I believe were unavoidable. I even managed to talk the Illusive Man down at the end.

So I overloaded a big, powerful reactor right next to the human proto-reaper. Kaboom! Barely any station left. Yet the Illusive Man has managed to retrieve most of Skeletor? Shouldn't it be vaporised?!

Why is there a techno-ninja in my game? Make it go away. Yes, I know who the character is, No, I still don't want him there. Also, hated the boss battles he was part of. Especially the second one.

We've still got fuel on the galaxy map? Oh goodie, I was afraid that aspect wouldn't be tedious enough. I love returning to the citadel and sitting through lots of loading screens in order to refuel, just as I love risking life and limb scanning for stuff only to find I'm dodging Reapers because I located another fuel pocket.

Actually, that whole Reaper pursuit thing. It's dumb. So you fail to dodge them? You get returned right where you were prior to any system scanning. This means you can repeat your scans to pick up the material without inviting the Reapers to party. So what's the point of the whole thing? It's null and void gameplay - you'd get exactly the same result if the game never spawned Reapers.

Horrid slow-mo child dreams need to go away. Also, if I could cut that nauseating, manipulative scene with the brat at the start I would.Yes, I'm aware of the indoctrination theory and how it applies to these dreams. No, I don't find the theory fully convincing. Yes, I'd still dump the dreams even if the theory were true. They are not good gameplay - rework them to use a character my Shep might care about, and to involve more than running s-l-o-w-l-y through bland scenery.

Disc changing. Look, I'm a veteran of the days when PC games came on 6 CDs, or 4 floppies, or whatever. I'm no stranger to disc swapping, nor do I object to it in principle. ME3 seems to arrange its content randomly. I had to swap discs repeatedly, often on a mission by mission basis, because the designers didn't split the content up via plot progress like they did in ME2 and like most companies in the last 10 years who developed a multi-disc game. Bad design.

Please stop ruining my favourite class after each title! The soldier was my favourite in ME1, and ME2 destroyed most of what I enjoyed about it when it removed weapon mods, long range open combat, added ammo, and changed the abilities. Changes to class powers and combat styles means the sentinel now feels boring and lacking that fun something, whereas in ME2 it felt versatile and enjoyable.

Three games into the series and the squadmate AI remains pitiful. They stand out in the open, take cover on the wrong side of walls, and stand in spots where they can't attack before proceeding to blissfully stare into space whilst I do all the work. The game still fails to offer sufficient tools to manage them, e.g. a control list like the one in Dragon Age: Origins.

Melee attacks still stink. The quick attack is pathetic. Sometimes the heavy attack refused to work and I was left quick-punching the enemy repeatedly, and that usually lead to my death. When charging the heavy attack, I ended up punching to the side of my target far too frequently. Enemies easily interrupt the charging phase with unavoidable attacks of their own. Net result: I avoid melee wherever possible.

Why can't I move the camera whilst running? If I need to make a semi-sharp turn or navigate around obstructions, I have to slow down, twiddle with the controls, and start running again. That's caused me to eat rockets more than once.

Cerberus. :sigh: Could they be any more Generic Evil Villains of Nastiness if they tried? Maybe if they stapled devil horns onto their helmets. Why do we even need them as a leading adversary? Aren't the Reapers and their whole 'cyclic extinction of all advanced races' shtick enough of a threat to overcome? All of the interesting things Bioware could have done with Cerberus, passed over for lolevilz.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. I am not sufficiently engaged by the game to want to discuss it. As I said, whinging and nitpicking. Hmm, I'm starting to realise that with Bioware games after ME1 it's less a question of which one I liked best, and more a question of which one I complained about least.

I used that free iOS app to get the 100% galactic readiness. Very boring, and very unnecessary. The whole MP->SP link is dire. I went with the red ending, and got the rubble scene and the snowy scene. I think that means the full ending.

So IMO ME1 remains the best in the series, despite its problems and despite certain improvements made in the sequels. I'll play ME3 again to complete it on insanity, since it's a series tradition. After that, all bets are off. I might return to see what the new ending DLC does, I might not.
    Wow, froggy.

I'm getting the distinct feeling that the majority of those bugs are just for the Xbox (and PS3) version, unfortunately.

The gameplay flaws and spacebar = everything are also present on the PC, but I encountered almost none of the bugs that you mentioned. And there's no problem with disc-changing, either, even if you have the version that comes on disc. I did have to rebuild my Shepard's face, but all of my completed files transferred correctly.

Sorry you had such a sub-par experience with it.

Personally, I had a lot of fun with the game and story itself (up until the endings). Nobody likes Kai Leng, and indeed it is almost pathetically easy to get the "good" endings to every main plot point, whether you go Paragon or Renegade. In fact, I've started a "screw-up" Shepard in ME2 purely to see what happens if I make all the wrong choices and get everyone killed on the suicide mission. I have high hopes.

If you're looking for a fun class, play Adept on Normal/Veteran. It feels like they buffed Biotic explosions again, and tossing people around and blowing them up without ever touching a weapon is a ton of fun. (On higher difficulties, they've all got shields, so it's more strategy and less smashy-smashy-mind-crush)
    Last edited by Chaotix; 04-10-2012 at 22:21.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Yes, it's not a bad game. It's a good game, even. It's just with such a high budget, famous studio, and high-profile series, I expect more than mere good. And I expect it to work properly! When I play games like Divinity II and Risen, the rough edges make me think "If only they had a bigger budget!" whereas similar rough edges in high profile games make me wonder why they didn't bother to address them. The fact that this is the third game to exhibit some of these issues is infuriating: things which were tolerable in ME1 grew irksome in ME2 and now it beggars belief that they are present a third time. Not to mention the areas where it has regressed, like the journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    If you're looking for a fun class, play Adept on Normal/Veteran. It feels like they buffed Biotic explosions again, and tossing people around and blowing them up without ever touching a weapon is a ton of fun. (On higher difficulties, they've all got shields, so it's more strategy and less smashy-smashy-mind-crush)
    One of my missing Shepards is an adept. :weeps:

That difference between smash and strategy on the higher difficulties is what I enjoy. Shooters aren't my cup of tea and I'm not very good at them. I find the higher difficulties much more engaging as they change the style of play required to survive. It's crazy, as soon as I hit insanity I stop dying and start dominating. I probably shouldn't have played ME3 on normal this time.

Think I might try my sentinel on insanity. If I take EDE's defense power as my bonus, and strip out my points from tech armour, it might feel better. That power has less impact on power cooldown, and removing it grants an instant shield refill. I miss my assault armour from ME2 so much! I used to play a lovely balance between aggression and defensive tank, spamming powers and then running for cover when my armour exploded. The new version doesn't fit my style at all; it slows my powers down, doesn't offer sufficient protection to go aggressive, and doesn't knock enemies about as effectively.

If it's no better, I'll have to reimport my sole Shep and turn her into a different class. Adept, engineer or infiltrator. Decisions, decisions.

Had some time with the researgence pack dlc, have to say i really am enjoying all of the new classes. Krogan Vanguard is just not fair with how durable it is, as some have suggested, its probably one of the only "gold worthy" vanguard classes. Crazy amounts of melee burst and survivability, but I have to be honest in that my love is captured by the Geth, as i had a feeling it might be if they ever released one.

Mirroring my experience with the Quarians in the demo, i was hoping for an infiltrator but instead got a Geth engineer. This actually worked out way better. Geth turrets can be changed into portable shield generators just like the ones from the campaign, so if I put one down I essentialy turn into the team's medic, healing up shields and making our defense point quite a bit more secure. The scary thing is Geth have a pitiful 250 health unbuffed. That's literally half the starting health of the next squishiest class. If your shields are down you are in TROUBLE. Thankfully the Geth have shield strength that rivals Krogan, combined with your support turret, your shields have some incredible resiliency. I have a feeling the "cool" factor of the geth will attract a lot of new players, but their fragile nature is gonna weed out those who can't handle them pretty quickly.

Hunter mode is nice and is the main reason I wanted an infiltrator, but Engineers get it too. It's essentially a way to see through smoke but Bioware have tooled it so that (at least at the level i have it, haven't evolved it fully) it doesn't work at long ranges reliably. It's a good way to spot Cerberus troops who've deployed smoke on you in mid range, but over long ranges its usefulness seems to be so-so. Adds a nice boost to weapon damage too but i find that negligible on Silver. The overlay it puts on the screen is really annoying and takes some getting used to, its sorta like Krogan Rage and saturates the screen in this weird color scheme. Thankfully it's toggle-able like Sentinel armor so i can turn it off when I don't need it.

Had the chance to team up with a Justicar against Reapers on Silver. Combined with her energy shield and my turret we wiped the floor with the reapers. It was touch and go in spots, but our defensive capabilities were incredible and I only went down twice due to poor weapon selection on my part. Also ran with a Batarian for a few maps and watched his net-ability in action. Really impressed with what I saw there too. We got jumped by a bad luck phantom spawn so I took out her shields with an overload and a fully charged plasma shot from myshotgun, and he netted her. Completely stunned her in place while we got out of there and he took the shot.

Still it wasn't all great. Teamed with a Geth Engineer who kept getting ripped apart cuz he couldn't handle the low health of the class. I have to admit it's really shocking how quick you will go down if you're not paying attention as a Geth. Certainly takes getting used to..

Haven't played any new maps yet. Still just doing randoms for the XP boost, once i get my engineer leveled i'll probably search for the DLC maps specifically and give em a go.

In short: Free DLC is a great thing, the new classes are really cool and have awesome new abilities. Can't wait to unlock more of them.
    Last edited by Monk; 04-11-2012 at 14:57.

I got a Geth Engineer as well, first try. The turrets are a ton of fun.

The overlay for Hunter Mode is annoying, but so far the "cool factor" has far outstripped the annoyance. I love robot-vision.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh jeez. So I went into a random on gold and found out possibly the easiest/cheesiest farming method in the game. Spoilers if you don't feel like getting free, albeit more boring, monies.

Firebase white, Geth. Everyone camp down in the bottom of the map. Engineers and infiltrators, preferably. We had 3 in the room, one hunkered down on the outside behind one of the covers. The geth won't spawn behind you. They don't have grenades. They'll go right up you to in a hail of bulletfire, overloads, and sabotages. There's no real flanking possibilities. They'll also tend to walk right up to the cover walls for easy-peasy grabs. I was parked outside and went down once the entire time. Ended up with something like 18 grab kills. Basically just leaves the objective missions where something can go wrong, but infiltrators can make quick work of the 4 devices and the slay target ones will come to you in no time. So basically, just the possibility of a hold the upload point going wrong and that's it.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    Oh jeez. So I went into a random on gold and found out possibly the easiest/cheesiest farming method in the game. Spoilers if you don't feel like getting free, albeit more boring, monies.

Firebase white, Geth. Everyone camp down in the bottom of the map. Engineers and infiltrators, preferably. We had 3 in the room, one hunkered down on the outside behind one of the covers. The geth won't spawn behind you. They don't have grenades. They'll go right up you to in a hail of bulletfire, overloads, and sabotages. There's no real flanking possibilities. They'll also tend to walk right up to the cover walls for easy-peasy grabs. I was parked outside and went down once the entire time. Ended up with something like 18 grab kills. Basically just leaves the objective missions where something can go wrong, but infiltrators can make quick work of the 4 devices and the slay target ones will come to you in no time. So basically, just the possibility of a hold the upload point going wrong and that's it.
    I was in a group like that, it's actually fun if you are an engie or an inf but any other class would probably find it utterly boring.

It has to due with the spawn points and path finding on firebase white more than anything, as long as everyone stays in the basement (as we called it) no one will spawn behind you or try to flank you. All enemies will file down into your kill zone.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

So after 13 pages of the OP we can safely say ME2 is the best game in the series then yes/no

the ending feels like your choice even though it also does not matter what you choose so long as you have enough to survive.

They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    So after 13 pages of the OP we can safely say ME2 is the best game in the series then yes/no

the ending feels like your choice even though it also does not matter what you choose so long as you have enough to survive.

Agreed.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I would say yes, but only because ME3's ending was so lackluster in comparison.

IMO the rest of ME3 is of the same stellar quality as ME2.

As for ME1: the story feels as strong as ME2's, but the the updates in ME2's gameplay and combat make ME2 superior.

Blog Entries

Disagreed. There's far more to evaluating the game than simply it's end. I went back to ME2 to finish a few missions with a character to import her over, and I was almost shocked at how heavy and clunky combat felt. Level layout improved dramatically in 3 as well. 2 was laughable in that department as they came up with increasingly contrived ways of creating chest high walls for the combat. Also, dat scanning was the most boring, idiotic idea they could have come up with for finding resources. Mako > scanning. 1 also didn't rely on cover based shooting, which is a significant thumbs up from me. In spite of it's ending, I still put 3 as the best- the gameplay is simply the most enjoyable, followed by 1's. I put 2 in last because combat gets boring and tedious and regenerating health is a dumb idea.

Besides, I don't feel like ME2 had a very stellar plot as is. Send the best hope humanity has against the reapers on a suicide mission to take out their butlers? Right. Not like we're all screwed for trying to beat the reapers then if Shep and all the best of the best you could find to accompany him/her die on what is an acknowledged suicide mission.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 04-12-2012 at 20:13.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Plot-wise speaking ME1 was the best game. It actually had an interesting story. ME2 and ME3 were more like small bits and pieces thrown together to make a story, while the player rushed towards the final goal (specially in ME3 where the outcomes of of those bits and pieces don't matter much in the ending itself).
    Combat on the other hand is the smoothest in ME3. I don't particularly like shooters but I enjoyed playing ME3 and the challenge.
    Dialogue and stuff is generally excellent in all three games. Although I preferred ME2 a little over ME1 because it had a more cinematic feel to it. ME3 takes the cinematic thing too far by removing the neutral option and reducing player input.
    Sidequest-wise, again, I preferred ME1, then ME2. ME3's sidequests are just dull chores for War Assets.

All in all, ME3's good. ME1 and ME2 were a tad better overall.
    Hard to compare the two since ME1's length and the sheer amount of exploration sets it apart from ME2. It has a very different feel to it. Liked both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    Sidequest-wise, again, I preferred ME1, then ME2. ME3's sidequests are just dull chores for War Assets.
    As much as I loved ME1 I am not sure how you can say that. The sidequests in ME1 were all largely the same. Fly to an uncharted world, land on a barren planet (that looks similiar to other barren planets), go into a building that looks the same as every other building on uncharted planets, shoot guys and repeat ad nauseum. The side quests were by far the weakest part of the experience in ME1. The combat was also completely broken with cover not doing anywhere close to enough, especially considering what the game expected you to do. That's why I rolled overpowered adept squads and just juggled everything into oblivion. The one great thing about ME1 was its story, but its still cliche sci-fi at its core. It's also surprisingly short in comparison to later games. I did my first play through hitting only 8 hours (no i never skipped dialogue), and as i said, the most i could ever get out of it was 18. ME2 and 3 offered much larger experiences in that regard.

ME2 had the best side-quests in my opinion, unfortunately they were so good they detracted from the main story. Instead of feeling like impending doom was coming, ME2 felt like a weekly sci-fi series where the heroes conqueror personal problems. You know the kind where at the end of each episode Shepard and the crew have a good laugh at the expense of the mission's focus, the screens freeze and the credits roll. It's combat was a marked improvement over 1, in so much as it actually worked as intended, but looking back it's the clunkiest thing in the world.

ME3 has the best combat and a workable story experience. The biggest detraction i found in ME3 was what I said on like page 4 - the stripping down of dialogue options in favor of a more "cinematic" experience. Absolutely hate that, I also hate that I can't talk to my crew whenever I want. It was brought up before that "well they will just run out of things to say." but I never had that problem in ME1 or ME2 - after every mission everyone always had something new to say and a new conversation arch that let me find out more about them. That's not really the case in ME3. Getting one off comments from my crew in line of "Wrex is a badass huh? Sure would love to hear some of his stories." offers zero character development.

I felt the story experience was hurt overall by that very lack of interactivity. I enjoyed the experience but at every twist and turn of the plot, i just couldn't help but feel the game was missing something. That something was my input - for the first time in the series I didn't feel like I had total control over Shepard. ME2 suffered this problem in small doses as well, but it always found a way to make up for it in other situations. In 3, not so much.

I'd rate them 3 > 2 > 1 but it's splitting hairs. I enjoyed the trilogy for what it was and found each game to be good in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan
    Disagreed. There's far more to evaluating the game than simply it's end.
    +1.
    Last edited by Monk; 04-13-2012 at 03:09.

Blog Entries

Unlocked the Krogan Vanguard.

Oh my. He's a beast. If you can keep away from banshees, I think honestly, the rest of the mp is at your mercy. Played a few rounds on silver. Charge + melee destroys almost everything. Soloing geth primes is quite fun. As is two-hit combowing a phantom into the dirt. Having 1600 shields that can be recharged every 5 seconds is nuts.

I concur that the combat was broken, but the side quests certainly had more 'narrative' (for the lack of a better word) variety.
    Check out the wiki page.

Obviously if you count in ME2's squad mate quests then balance changes a bit, but I always saw them as an integral part of the game, rather than ordinary sidequests.

@ Monk

Well the reason for the lesser interactivity in ME3 is down to the sucide mechanic in ME2, essentially Bioware would be irresponsible as a company to write vast dialogue for 14 or 15 characters that might be dead.

Thats why I laughed when I saw the campaigns for characters to be in ME2 the mass effect fans themselves stunted the interaction in ME3. If Bioware hadnt stuck to there guns about Ashley (anyone actually keep kaidan) and Liara the game would have been infinitely worse third time around.

ME2 has better side missions ME3 ones are tedious and little more than a new mining mechanic, think about it arrive in system and send pluse looking for loot.

Bioware have since ME1 been incapable of getting rid of two tropes that hold RPGs back

Dungeon looting mainly in ME1 consisted of 20 planets of exactly the same boring construction.
    Resource collection in ME2 was infuritating and distracting.

Somehow in ME3 they managed to make the side quests into a combination of looting and mining while reducing the effectivness of the journal in it's ability to assist.

Story and Choice thats all they needed.

skills points = fun but not as required
    looting/finding minerals/asari writing = fun for a while but eventually made boring due to lack of variation
    mining/probes/fuel = never fun

Side Quests I agree reached the high point in ME2 now I understand the idea about side quests being distracting in ME2 so why not eliminate them altogether and insert more priority missions in ME3 instead.

Essentially your previous two games should have given you your war assets through your choices, your missions in ME3 should merely have been about convincing races to join up consequently they should all have been priority missions.

By inserting multiplayer and sidequests for war assets they didnt make that element fun at all and essentialy made every major and some minor choices up till then completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 04-13-2012 at 12:44.

@ Monk

ME2 has better side missions ME3 ones are tedious and little more than a new mining mechanic, think about it arrive in system and send pluse looking for loot.

Bioware have since ME1 been incapable of getting rid of two tropes that hold RPGs back

Dungeon looting mainly in ME1 consisted of 20 planets of exactly the same boring construction.
    Resource collection in ME2 was infuritating and distracting.

Somehow they managed to make the side quests a combination of the former two while reducing the effectivness of the journal in it's ability to assist.
    To be clear: when you say "side-quest" in regards to ME3 you're talking about artifact scanning/retrieval right? Because if so I wholeheartedly agree. I only do one or two of those before ignoring the rest each time i've played through singleplayer. I'm not really sure what they were going for here and to be honest it makes me miss the Mako from the first game, a part of the game i loathed 100%.

Well the reason for the lesser interactivity in ME3 is down to the sucide mechanic in ME2, essentially Bioware would be irresponsible as a company to write vast dialogue for 14 or 15 characters that might be dead.

Thats why I laughed when I saw the campaigns for characters to be in ME2 the mass effect fans themselves stunted the interaction in ME3. If Bioware hadnt stuck to there guns about Ashley (anyone actually keep kaidan) and Liara the game would have been infinitely worse third time around.
    I'm not sure I follow you on the first point. I agree it would be a nightmare to attempt to incorporate every ME2 squad member as a returning recruit-able, but they dealt with that quite well in a way that wouldn't affect interactivity. The entire ME2 cast (excluding Garrus and Tali) are not recruit-able and only show up for cameo missions. They exist within their own set modules, only showing up once certain conditions are met, and then disappearing again once different conditions are fulfilled. Because they are so highly contained in such a way their inclusion (or exclusion if they are dead) in no way impacts the potential interactivity I could have with other plot threads through the game.

The three squad members who can affect that should be obvious, but it still doesn't explain the limited interactivity with everyone else. If it were confined to Garrus, Tali, and Ashley/Kaiden I'd understand since, as you say, any one of them could be dead by ME3. However it permeates every conversation and dialogue sequence with everyone you meet through the game. Every major or minor character can only be interracted with in very limited ways and the freedom to investigate certain people is sorely limited, almost exclusively saved for the cameo missions i mentioned. This isn't even approaching the subject of auto-dialogue and the huge amount included. A good way to think of it is in ME1 and 2 you chose a sentence to say, maybe two (rarely three when it was time for a big speech) for every choice you clicked on. In ME3 you are choosing a paragraph every single time you click an option to speak. And I really dislike that.

As far as Ashley/Kaiden, and this will probably earn me some hate from their fans, but there's no difference between the two. Both of them are blander than bland and Ashley really toes the line towards being completely unlikable in the prologue. Liara wasn't much better in ME1, though she's gotten better as the games have gone on.
    Last edited by Monk; 04-13-2012 at 12:44.

I picked Ashley because of those opinions I always felt Liara and Ashley were the paragon and renegade side of my femshep.

Also on the point about you pick an option and Shepard says a paragraph, I think it might have something to do with all the people who apparently just skipped dialogue and conversation trees. Bioware were told or at least divined from the data from the fans playthroughs that people liked the story ie they wanted it told to them hence the paragraphs.

Also the other reason is that they need to end the story and more dialogue options means it becomes even harder to end the story. Essentially I think Bioware failed in getting across the fact that this is the end and your choices are made, they needed to remove that idea because of people may never have played ME1 and ME2.

Essentially those people are mad but they are out there, although likely most people opted in at ME2.

Essentially no one will ever do this ever again and I applaud Bioware for it, in the harshness of the ending row we have forgotten this is essentially a concorde or bugati veron moment.

It's not just that EA wont let them do it anymore it's that it would probably daft and highly risky to do it in the first place as the bar is too high now. Considering all the challenges due to the fact the game essentially went through 3 differing cloud systems a change of management and a port to a new system tis a wonder they pulled any of it off.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 04-13-2012 at 13:11.

Blog Entries

Considering the ending, its arguable they didn't pull it off.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-13-2012 at 15:33.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

The following is all strictly IMO and based on highly personal Stuff(TM). I make no pretence that it applies to anyone who is not a frog.

ME1 has something neither of the sequels possess IMO: a sense of exploration and mystery. The way the galaxy is presented, humanity's place within it, and the way the various game quests are handled all help this. Then you have specific moments where you uncover details which suddenly widen the scope of the universe, like Vigil. We visit quite a few colonies, places early on in their development so there's an atmosphere of being a pioneer. Finally, there's the air of mystery: what happened to the Protheans and what are the Reapers? In the other two games everything feels settled. Humanity is accepted and powerful, we're not discovering much, and we know pretty much everywhere. We've met most of the alien species by now too. Technology feels settled, the places we visit are mostly developed to a higher level of comfort. We 'drive' our spaceship around the galaxy, and that makes space travel feel mundane. By the end of ME2 we know about the Reapers and Protheans and IMO the revelations make them a lot less interesting. Then 3 comes along and applies a shotgun to whatever was left. That air of exploration and the sense of larger things playing out above Shep's head is very attractive to me.

ME2 does have the best characters. Whilst ME1 did not develop the characters much, the lighter portraits did feel attractive enough to make them tolerable ... except for the irritating Liara. Who could forget Wrex? I've spent two games wishing I could have him back, same as I've spent two games glad Garrus signed on for the trip. ME2 actively made me like characters; Jacob is the only true dud on the crew. ME3, I like Garrus, you can keep the rest, and if I can drop Ashley out of an airlock so much the better. I liked EDI better in ME2.

In terms of plot, I still lean towards ME1 despite it being creakier in the telling. I found that simple and predictable tale more moving than ME2's A Team or ME3's whistle-stop tour of destruction scenes. That said, all three games have their moments. A certain exploding tower with mention of seashells, for one. An abandoned Reaper trip with mysterious sniper for another.

Incidental conversations in ME3 are better. More to overhear, and frequently more interesting. I particularly liked overhearing Doctor Chakwas talking to someone in the crew quarters about her nightmares. It was nice of them to recognise that the plot should have had big impact on her. There was more emotion contained in the incidentals than the main plot IMO, stories like the soldier who will lose his leg.

Shepard's dialogue. Whilst the writing has improved a little, there are far more moments where I am in disagreement with what Shep says. More "No, I didn't mean that!" moments when I select my dialogue from the wheel, more "That's way out of the character I've established!" moments when she's talking without my input. :sigh: But what can Bioware do? The longer the story continues, the harder it is for them to cover all angles.

Combat. I've already said two things which pretty much decide my view here: I'm lousy at shooters, and I miss the long-range sections ME1 had. I really enjoyed those areas where I could whip out my sniper rifle and start taking down enemies from a mile away. I enjoyed the variety it brought to the game, whereas in the other two all encounters take place at the same range. Reduced predictability. If you are good at games like Gears of War, and enjoy that style of gameplay, then I can see how the later games improve the combat. It doesn't help that I find ME3's enemy selection so dull to engage.

Squadmate gameplay balance: all games have useless squaddies and superior squaddies. This is all regardless of my own class. Kaiden in ME1 was good at everything and thus nearly always secured a place on my team. ME2 ... selecting from Miranda, Grunt, Thane and Zaeed made life easy, choosing anyone else made life much harder. Very bad balance. ME3, smaller squad so again it's harder to mess up. All the same, James, Garrus, Liara and EDI are easily more useful, whereas Tali, Javik and Ashley struggled to contribute whenever I took them along.

Sidequests: I preferred ME1's. Yes, the gameplay was ... nope, sorry, I can't do it. I cannot say that those repetitive maps were inferior to the re-purposed MP maps with wave attacks in ME3. Instead I must say that they were equally poor. ME1 has the plot advantage - stories like Cerberus existed almost purely in the side quests. Some people are classing missions like the Grisham Academy in ME3 as side quests. Whilst I agree that they were good missions, I do not think that they are quite side quests. More like inessential plot missions. ME2 didn't have side quests worth the name; I class the loyalty missions as inessential plot missions. ME2 and ME3 both have more of the pointless 'runabout' quests, where you locate an object and return it to the owner for a quick line of dialogue and dose of XP.

I've said I like playing on the harder difficulties. IMO ME2 does that best. ME1 on insanity became tedious, enemies were simply too hard to kill when they activated immunity and similar abilities. It was a bullet-slog. ME2 was tough but usually fair. With the right team and the right abilities, I could tackle the hardest areas without dying and without needing to spend 6 hours shooting at the same enemy. Judgement on ME3 is reserved.

Minigames. ME3 wins hands down because it doesn't have any!

Weapons. I like ME3's selection and weight system, and ME1's customisation options. Ammo powers are not the same.

Music. All three games have nice tracks. It's mostly forgettable though IMO. I did find quite a few occasions in ME3 where a particular theme started playing and I immediately recognised it from the first game.

Boss fights. Hmm. Can I vote for them all being terrible? From Benezia to Kai Leng, didn't enjoy a one regardless of class and difficulty setting. The best I can say is that I seldom died and thus didn't have to spend as much time on them as I otherwise might have.

Setpices. ME1 has more memorable ones for me. Going to meet Liara for the first time: that long Mako assault followed by a foot battle with awesome music. Storming Novaria. Walking outside the citadel. Ilos. I'm trying to think of a few similar examples from the other games, so far unsuccessfully. Gah!

(anyone actually keep kaidan)
    He's alive in most of my games. Going back made more military sense than heading onwards, he was assigned to the mission-critical objective.

Also the other reason is that they need to end the story and more dialogue options means it becomes even harder to end the story. Essentially I think Bioware failed in getting across the fact that this is the end and your choices are made, they needed to remove that idea because of people may never have played ME1 and ME2.
    Sigh. But it doesn't. Again, it's not just one part of the game it's everything. Even the quests which begin completely in ME3 and have no basis in the other games are limited this way. These quests are not bogged down by ties to the other games and yet are still limited by what you can say and how you can act.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades
    Considering the ending, its arguable they didn't pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg
    He's alive in most of my games. Going back made more military sense than heading onwards, he was assigned to the mission-critical objective.
    Kaiden died due to accute lack of personality for me. Good riddance.

Blog Entries

Kaiden died due to accute lack of personality for me. Good riddance.
    Depends which gender your Shepard is. Ashley and Kaiden both lose dialogue when your Shepard is the same sex as them. For female Shepards, Ashley has less personality than Kaiden. Not that either is bursting at the brim with Gilbert and Sullivan, whichever Shepard you play!

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    Depends which gender your Shepard is. Ashley and Kaiden both lose dialogue when your Shepard is the same sex as them. For female Shepards, Ashley has less personality than Kaiden. Not that either is bursting at the brim with Gilbert and Sullivan, whichever Shepard you play!
    Bioware seems to have trouble with the human squad members in general. All the aliens tend to have that "I'm an alien, therefore I am interesting" quality to them, especially the ones which are the only representatives of their race, i.e. Garrus, Mordin, Legion, Javik.

As for humans, there's really only 4 that they gave personality to: Miranda, Jack, Kasumi, Zaeed. 5 if you count Joker. And two of those are DLC-only. Kaidan, Ashley, Jacob, James, and Diana are all pretty bland. Traynor and Cortez aren't much better, but they do provide more diverse romance options.

IMO Kaiden seems to have been done better then Ashley...expression-wise atleast.

But I believe what happened was that they got so busy in putting Liara in that they forgot about others. She probably has the maximum amount of dialogue for any squadmate, all three games put together. Her ME3 interactions alone are atleast double the number you can have with anyone else.

Edit:
    Diana Allers was shameless fan-service. And that with a weird looking model and gait. I never take her onboard (the Normandy).
    Last edited by rajpoot; 04-13-2012 at 16:49.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast