Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

I'm HardLuckRabbit, same as my steam.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Just got the demo, loving the multiplayer.

I'm Chaotix2732 on Origin if anyone wants to play.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

So I've been playing the multiplayer for the majority of the week, and I finally got the Carnifex. Awwwwww yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae View Post
    So I've been playing the multiplayer for the majority of the week, and I finally got the Carnifex. Awwwwww yeah
    I'm a bit jealous.

I just got my Viper earlier today and am loving it. Makes sniping on Silver a lot less stressful when you can lay down a bit of supressing fire.

I've noticed that if you want to get new weapons or characters, you absolutely need to be saving for Veterans Packs. Whereas if you want to upgrade existing weapons, you should focus on Recruit packs. Each duplicate weapon you find will upgrade your damage a bit, and the recruit packs are filled with duplicates and single-mission power ups. My starter sniper rifle (single-shot) is incredibly powerful thanks to getting like 5 duplicates.

I've also added everyone who has put their origin name here in this thread. If you want to do some co-op (in the demo and post launch), gimme a shout.

Seriously, the Carnifex is the Mantis sniper rifle in pistol form. Higher rate of fire too. I can one-shot normal enemies with a head shot in Bronze. I used to play an Infiltrator, but now that I have my Carnie, I am loving the Vanguard. Snipe at long range with the pistol scope, Biotic Charge in when shields are down, and lay down a Nova before going all out with my Carnie.

My origin name is KekvitIrae if you guys want to start up a team game.

Ugh. The MP is surprisingly addictive. Sat down to play a bit, looked up and it was 3 hours later. When did that happen?

CR, Chaotix and myself did some co-op, as well as me and CR doing some duo bronze runs when the games slowed down a few hours ago. We had some good synergy going after a few rounds which confirms my believe that this is WAY better with repeat people.

Thus far I am in love with Firebase Ghost. Its such a great map, but there's some deceptively hard to defend places. Most of the buildings are death traps on Silver, with only one or two good spots to hold down an area. Mobility seems to be the best way to defend that place, along with the area near the drop zone. I just wish people who play Krogan would be a bit more careful on Silver. You're not indestructible

Not really enjoying Firebase White. Its not a bad map, but it loves to screw you over by putting defense nodes right in the middle of major spawn areas that have no cover. The node by the ship is especially notorious.

I really wish that it was easier to unlock characters as I'd like to have a Quarian for my infiltrator, but thus far all i've unlocked are races for other classes. Got a Drell for Vanguard. Bleh! Rumors going around that the full game will feature much more diverse booster packs. Here's hoping for a race unlock pack that gives you a few random race selections.

My origin name is KekvitIrae if you guys want to start up a team game.
    Added you. Next time I'm on the hunt for some games i'll keep an eye out for your name.
    Last edited by Monk; 02-18-2012 at 07:55.

Co-op with CR and Monk was fun indeed.

CR's biotic powers pretty much wrecked everything and left nothing for anyone else to kill, though.

Seriously, though- when most of the enemies don't have shields, you can toss them around like rag dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Seriously, though- when most of the enemies don't have shields, you can toss them around like rag dolls.
    That's when you bring in your friendly neighborhood Engineer to Overload those shields.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Co-op with CR and Monk was fun indeed.

CR's biotic powers pretty much wrecked everything and left nothing for anyone else to kill, though.

You should have seen me on bronze difficulties.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Got a Quarian!

It was for Engineer.

Well whatever because I am loving Engineer even more than I was Infiltrator. Sentry turrets > Combat Drones by an absolute mile. Not at first, but once you upgrade to the point you can choose between a flame turret and a missile turret they are incredible.

Also got the long range smg unlocked but haven't had a chance to use it. I had to call it a night to write a paper after tonight's Orgah Co-Op spree.

ggs to CR, KekvitIrae and Chaotix
    Last edited by Monk; 02-19-2012 at 05:41.

The 6th cant come any quicker. I've never been so enthralled in a demo in my life. Except for having Cerberus as your only enemy and only two maps available, the multiplayer has full functionality. You see, future game developers, THIS is how you make a demo!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- stop giving me mattocks game. I want more characters to play on, not assault rifles! D:

Thus far i've only gotten 2x Drell Vanguards and the Quarian Engineer I love so much. Would like a Krogan Soldier or Quarian Infitrator but I just can't get a good roll from the veterans packs to save my life. Heck at this point i'd settle for an Asari just to get some variety. I can only take a bit of hope in that apparently the full game has better drop rates according to a Bioware post.

Getting really annoyed by the "one button does it all" method of play. I never really had a problem with it in ME2, but in a fast-paced co-op environment having one button do so many things is just asking me to make mistakes. It's gotten me killed twice now. Doubt it will be changed since the game is essentially done but its a real hindrance. Not enough to ruin enjoyment, but enough to feel like i'm having to overcome it every now and again to get the game to do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae
    The 6th cant come any quicker. I've never been so enthralled in a demo in my life. Except for having Cerberus as your only enemy and only two maps available, the multiplayer has full functionality. You see, future game developers, THIS is how you make a demo!
    100% agreed on all points. The progression system is what really surprised me. I was not expecting so many unlocks in a demo of all things.

There are some leaked weapons lists from people who have hacked around in the demo files, i'll see if i can find the link again - but the full game has some incredible weapons that I can't wait to play with. Not the least of which are Geth weapons and grenade launchers.
    Last edited by Monk; 02-19-2012 at 12:22.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Ugh, I cant play ME3 for another at least another month. This is such a tease!
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Added y'all. Origin username is Seireikhaan. Getting to the point of being irritated with some of the randoms I get matched up with. Swear I have yet to see a good team playing infiltrator. Other than that, mp has been pretty fun.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- stop giving me mattocks game. I want more characters to play on, not assault rifles! D:

Thus far i've only gotten 2x Drell Vanguards and the Quarian Engineer I love so much. Would like a Krogan Soldier or Quarian Infitrator but I just can't get a good roll from the veterans packs to save my life. Heck at this point i'd settle for an Asari just to get some variety. I can only take a bit of hope in that apparently the full game has better drop rates according to a Bioware post.

Getting really annoyed by the "one button does it all" method of play. I never really had a problem with it in ME2, but in a fast-paced co-op environment having one button do so many things is just asking me to make mistakes. It's gotten me killed twice now. Doubt it will be changed since the game is essentially done but its a real hindrance. Not enough to ruin enjoyment, but enough to feel like i'm having to overcome it every now and again to get the game to do what I want.

100% agreed on all points. The progression system is what really surprised me. I was not expecting so many unlocks in a demo of all things.

There are some leaked weapons lists from people who have hacked around in the demo files, i'll see if i can find the link again - but the full game has some incredible weapons that I can't wait to play with. Not the least of which are Geth weapons and grenade launchers.
    I know I've gotten at least 8-10 veteran packs and I haven't gotten a single new character, not even a new human. I keep getting repeats of female infiltrator and female sentinel. Best thing I got so far was probably the Viper sniper rifle - never liked it in ME2, but in this multiplayer setting it's godly.

So you guys are luckier than me!

Still loving the demo anyway.

I have recently discovered the joys of weapon weight. Carry only a pistol (Carnifex), and your Power Recharge Speed is around +165%. I can chain spam Throw and Warp all day long on my Asari Adept.

Blog Entries

I have recently discovered the joys of weapon weight. Carry only a pistol (Carnifex), and your Power Recharge Speed is around +165%. I can chain spam Throw and Warp all day long on my Asari Adept.
    Yes, a thousand times yes. I've found the carnifex with scope to be all I need with my vanguard. Rather just keep spamming pull and charge over and over again than have a second weapon I don't even need.

And apparently I've gotten somewhat lucky on unlocking classes/races. Drell vanguard, quarian engineer, asari adept. Would love to get a krogan anything, but I guess I can't be ungrateful.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    Yes, a thousand times yes. I've found the carnifex with scope to be all I need with my vanguard. Rather just keep spamming pull and charge over and over again than have a second weapon I don't even need.

And apparently I've gotten somewhat lucky on unlocking classes/races. Drell vanguard, quarian engineer, asari adept. Would love to get a krogan anything, but I guess I can't be ungrateful.
    I should wish for stuff more often apparently. Next vet pack had a krogan soldier in it.

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    I should wish for stuff more often apparently. Next vet pack had a krogan soldier in it.
    I just got two Krogan Soldiers in a row. I think I'm in love. One game I played with him I got 75+ kills. The majority of those were melee kills.

Had a lot of fun playing with Orgahs again.

Got enough cash to get myself four more vet packs, none of which contained new characters!

Guess I'm just gonna stick with FemInfiltrator for now. I do like the Cloak/Cryo/Sticky Grenade combo.

One thing I really don't like is the smoke grenades. I guess they're good if you've got an assault rifle and just want to spread rounds indiscriminately, but they really mess up my sniper shots.

On the subject of Infiltrators in general: I'm finding they're at their best in a support role. Often CR or Kekvit will rush up with biotics and immobilize enemies, after which I promptly pop off about three or four heads in quick succession while they move on to the moving targets. Also, laying down suppressive fire is a piece of cake up on the bridge on Firebase White. On Firebase Ghost, I tend to struggle more due to the greater need for mobility- taking along the Tempest SMG for quick, close-range firefights is a better choice than the more accurate Locust.

Also, Infiltrators are simply the ideal role for reviving downed teammates and activating the 4 modules during missions. Just cloak, rush in behind enemy lines, revive/activate, and if I'm quick enough I'm often in a safe zone before the cloak shorts out.

Blog Entries

Yup, good times. Just maxed out the drell vanguard, will probably try out the krogan for a bit from now on. Overall, we were definitely doing better than the average random teams. Although I did feel like 3rd wheel at times(especially at White) due to all the havoc being wreaked by CR. At least I got to duke it out with a few of the phantoms on Mars. I've decided that's my new hobby for when I play vanguard.

And I agree about infiltrators. Depending on which race, they've got a few different nice support abilities. Cloaked res is also a plus. Definitely better than to have them go off camping somewhere trying to rack up kills on their lonesome.

I'd much rather have a Human Infiltrator than any other race. Cryo Blast can help line up those perfect shots, and fully upgraded sticky grenades can turn into sticky landmines for 15 seconds.

I'd much rather have a Human Infiltrator than any other race. Cryo Blast can help line up those perfect shots, and fully upgraded sticky grenades can turn into sticky landmines for 15 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix
    Also, Infiltrators are simply the ideal role for reviving downed teammates and activating the 4 modules during missions. Just cloak, rush in behind enemy lines, revive/activate, and if I'm quick enough I'm often in a safe zone before the cloak shorts out.
    Stickies and clocked res are the reasons why I almost didnt stop playing infiltrator. Plant a sticky onto a phantom with a good throw and watch the AI squirm. And cloaked res is almost a necessity on silver. Its the one thing I really miss when I am rocking my engi.

I'm kinda torn between the Asari Adept and the Human Adept. Both have Warp, but the Human gets Singularity and the Asari has Stasis. Both races are great and but situational. Human Adepts are great at capturing objectives; just lay down a Singularity at a choke point and hope nothing shielded comes through. The Asari's Stasis provides a way to completely shut down those damn Phantoms (even if they have barriers, Stasis locks them down), leading to more kills. The choice really depends on team composition. If you've got an Infiltrator on the team, there's no need to capture points using Singularity.
    On the Soldier side, I'm still rocking the Krogan. Sucks at the end of mission or when you need to hold a point, but every other time you have free reign (except against turrets) over the entire map. I can even tank a shieldless Atlas. Takes about only four to five heavy melee attacks, and the Fortification power ensures I stay alive while doing so.

The biggest complaints I have are three fold, something that NEEDS a patch:
    1. Hosted matchmaking. GIVE US DEDICATED SERVERS! I don't need to be jumping from one location to another back and forth for a minute just because my connection to the lobby host sucks.
    2. The spacebar. This complaint has been done over and over again by others, so I don't need to go into details other than say that I've died more times to the spacebar than actual combat. And I've seen players die out because my character has developed a sudden love interest in a nearby wall instead of reviving the comrade.
    3. Give us a way to view who is in the game, the score, and most importantly the ping. I cant count how many times I was the only one left alive in a wave, only to find out much later that one or two idiots left because they didn't have the patience or faith enough that the wave would end successfully. On a Silver game, having only two people left in the game is suicide.
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 02-21-2012 at 03:42.

3. Give us a way to view who is in the game, the score, and most importantly the ping. I cant count how many times I was the only one left alive in a wave, only to find out much later that one or two idiots left because they didn't have the patience or faith enough that the wave would end successfully. On a Silver game, having only two people left in the game is suicide.
    Agreed on the first two points.

For 3, if you hit Esc then it brings up the current players and the score for each (admittedly, you have to stop killing things to do so, but checking between waves is simple). I don't think it shows who's alive or dead, but if someone leaves or joins the game it reflects that.

EDIT: Also, leaving a game after you die is stupid in general. If your teammates win, you get back in, and if they don't, the game ends and you get your experience (which is often quite substantial if you were past wave 5 or so).
    Last edited by Chaotix; 02-20-2012 at 19:47.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

I've played the co-op multiplayer in the demo more than I care to admit. Of all the "horde mode" style game modes I've tried, its easily the best to me so far. Maybe the goals aren't very interesting, but the incredibly satisfying combat makes up for it.

One thing that bugs me though...probably 15 Veteran packs unlocked so far, and no Krogan!

It took me forever to notice that weapon weight effects recharge time. But once I did I've started making incredibly overpowered characters (like a soldier with a 1 second recharge concussive shot). BTW Asari adept is clearly superior. The stasis bubble is incredible, especially if you have the semi auto sniper with the heavy barrel to go with it. Freeze a group of enemies and get 4 headshots in 2 seconds.
    Last edited by Graphic; 02-21-2012 at 10:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    The stasis bubble is incredible, especially if you have the semi auto sniper with the heavy barrel to go with it. Freeze a group of enemies and get 4 headshots in 2 seconds.
    Wait until you get the Carnifex pistol with scope. Then you will truly understand how OP your character is.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Currently got Demo and experiencing multiplayer. The Xbox live name is the same as my forum one if you want to add me for a couple.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

Unlocked Turian sentinel, which leaves just Salarian infiltrator for demo unlocks. Gave him a trial run on bronze. Quite effective, he is. Probably the most harrowing experience I've had yet, because wave 5 involved one of those download missions and the engineer went down right next to a turret while we were trying to navigate to the second location. A couple medpacks and lots of benny-hill-ing later, I somehow ran my way around the enemy dudes enough to get the dl missions and slowly pick them off with the awesome combo warp and overload(albeit at cruddy low levels). Mattock with mid level stabilizing and accuracy upgrades was incredibly effective.

Sadly, wave 10 was our undoing- hold the location for 4 minutes. He went down to the phantom while I was bazooka-ing the atlas and that pretty much screwed the whole thing over, since I didn't really have any effective way of dealing with it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121815510-4.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	4072  
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 02-22-2012 at 04:40.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

3 times out of 5 there's always some yokel so busy showing off during the last wave that he misses the extraction, robbing everyone of 15,000 experience. It's irksome.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast