Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Just realised that nearly 25 k people are asking for a new ending.

Can they really just ignore their most vocal fans?

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Did they? Can't find anything on that and my lost weapons are still lost.
    When you go into the store after pressing "Ready", it won't let you buy anything. I think your weapons are perm-lost though, unless there is a way to get them back somehow.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    When you go into the store after pressing "Ready", it won't let you buy anything. I think your weapons are perm-lost though.

I figured as much. Which is why i did a bit of grinding to get some lost ground back - unfortunately, i've had terrible luck with spectre packs. Sigh. I already miss my M-37 Falcon. That thing was amazing. Walk into a room and everything dies... provided it doesnt bug.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    Just realised that nearly 25 k people are asking for a new ending.

Can they really just ignore their most vocal fans?
    Yes. It's their story, and they can do what they want with it. They picked for the ending what worked best, in their minds, and they almost certainly spent a lot of time on it.

It'd be like asking a novelist or director to change the ending to your favorite book or TV series. There's a chance they might listen if they like your idea, but it's still their work and they can do what they want with it.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Perhaps. Still I have not seen such a vocal proof of discontent concerning a BW game (or any game) till date.

I've been replaying key missions using saves and I've decide my favourite moments in the game. All of them are related to ex-squadmates.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    IMO the crowning moment of awesome is Thane sparring with Kai-Leng. I admit I never particularly liked Thane in ME2, but the scene where he saves the Salarian councilor just shines.
    Close seconds are the big Threshar Maw taking out the Reaper while Mordin calmly goes to die and Legion's sacrifice.

Looking forward to playing with a female Shepard next. Jennifer Hale does stellar voice-work.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 03-12-2012 at 21:25. Reason: spelling

Just unlocked a Krogan for the first time. Multiplayer is now a hundred times more fun/hilarious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Yes. It's their story, and they can do what they want with it. They picked for the ending what worked best, in their minds, and they almost certainly spent a lot of time on it.

It'd be like asking a novelist or director to change the ending to your favorite book or TV series. There's a chance they might listen if they like your idea, but it's still their work and they can do what they want with it.
    True, but this is an interesting case, the story isnt in the hands of an author with a tale to tell but a company trying to make money. The badgering of the fans are more likely to work with bioware seeing as making thier fans happy makes them more likely to buy the company's products like DLC.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grar. Been playing around with spectre packs in mp to see if they're worth it. 10 spectre packs later and still not a single character unlock. The gold/black weapons are mostly nothing to write home about, with the exception of the ever lovely widow, of course.

edit: Also, getting a bit old getting the "hold a point" missions in wave 10 against reapers w hen playing silver. Utterly doomed, that be. Anything else, sure, no big. But holding a single point against all those brutes? Grar....
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 03-13-2012 at 09:57.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    Grar. Been playing around with spectre packs in mp to see if they're worth it. 10 spectre packs later and still not a single character unlock. The gold/black weapons are mostly nothing to write home about, with the exception of the ever lovely widow, of course.

The pistol and the black widow are wonderful - everything else though is quite marginal. I had a similiar experience, must have bought 5 spectre packs after my reset only to get a whole lot of nothing. I've since switched to Veteran packs and have gotten Asari/Drell/Salaraian and my first Krogan.

Still little luck in reclaiming lost weapons - but Krogan + Geth Shotgun is some incredible fun. Nevermind the fact that the plasma shotgun can double as long range support, as a Krogan I killed a brute in melee on silver. I think i've found my new favorite class.

Blog Entries

The pistol and the black widow are wonderful - everything else though is quite marginal. I had a similiar experience, must have bought 5 spectre packs after my reset only to get a whole lot of nothing. I've since switched to Veteran packs and have gotten Asari/Drell/Salaraian and my first Krogan.

Still little luck in reclaiming lost weapons - but Krogan + Geth Shotgun is some incredible fun. Nevermind the fact that the plasma shotgun can double as long range support, as a Krogan I killed a brute in melee on silver. I think i've found my new favorite class.
    Well, decided to give the Saber assault rifle another try. Figured I'd see if it's worth it's billing as "ultra-rare", which I didn't seem to think last time. It's actually pretty fantastic as long as you're not trying to spam powers. Sadly, no turian or krogan soldiers for me. Only non-human, non power spamming class I have is my quarian infiltrator, and she's married to the widow. Really fantastic watching a single headshot take a geth prime's shields from full to a single measly bar.

Btw, which pistol? I've gotten a couple- the arc pistol or the Talon? Or is there another one?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Well, decided to give the Saber assault rifle another try. Figured I'd see if it's worth it's billing as "ultra-rare", which I didn't seem to think last time. It's actually pretty fantastic as long as you're not trying to spam powers. Sadly, no turian or krogan soldiers for me. Only non-human, non power spamming class I have is my quarian infiltrator, and she's married to the widow. Really fantastic watching a single headshot take a geth prime's shields from full to a single measly bar.

Btw, which pistol? I've gotten a couple- the arc pistol or the Talon? Or is there another one?
    Arc Pistol is great as long as you charge your shots, so is the ultra-rare pistol. I can't think of its name offhand. Its really great for Adepts spamming stasis, or anyone who is rolling with crowd control build really. It usually only takes one shot and your target's head is a distant memory - if you've got someone sturdy like a Turian or a Krogan between you and the enemy you can sit back spamming stasis/pistol shots all day.

Only non-human, non power spamming class I have is my quarian infiltrator, and she's married to the widow. Really fantastic watching a single headshot take a geth prime's shields from full to a single measly bar.
    I miss my Quarian infiltrator the most I think. I had a Black Widow on her good times.

As for assault rifles, i'm pretty underwhelmed with most of the choices. I stick with my Avenger maxed out at rank X - amazing how good that base gun is when its fully upgraded. It can still hang even on Silver (would probably be useless on gold though). The Geth Pulse Rifle has got to be the worst of the lot. I thought it was fine on Bronze - but on Silver it's absolutely awful. Probably the worst gun in the game, the dps is just way too low.

Blog Entries

Arc Pistol is great as long as you charge your shots, so is the ultra-rare pistol. I can't think of its name offhand. Its really great for Adepts spamming stasis, or anyone who is rolling with crowd control build really. It usually only takes one shot and your target's head is a distant memory - if you've got someone sturdy like a Turian or a Krogan between you and the enemy you can sit back spamming stasis/pistol shots all day.
    Huh. Apparently the ultra-rare one is the Talon. I wasn't super impressed with the damage output given the extra weight. Then again, didn't even know I could charge its shots. Seems weird, seeing as it's a psuedo-shotgun. But alas, no stasis adept for me. Do have an asari vanguard leveled pretty high, but I prefer the much better cooldowns that the phalanx offers since I generally rely on charge + dance-dance(revolution)/rinse and repeat. Stasis is used less, unless I'm against cerberus. Geth, and especially the reapers, just have way too much armor for it to be something I rely on against them.

I miss my Quarian infiltrator the most I think. I had a Black Widow on her good times.

As for assault rifles, i'm pretty underwhelmed with most of the choices. I stick with my Avenger maxed out at rank X - amazing how good that base gun is when its fully upgraded. It can still hang even on Silver (would probably be useless on gold though). The Geth Pulse Rifle has got to be the worst of the lot. I thought it was fine on Bronze - but on Silver it's absolutely awful. Probably the worst gun in the game, the dps is just way too low.
    How'd the black widow compare to the regular one? I didn't mess around with snipers much when I was in SP because I was an adept.

To me, the Reapers are pretty easy if you have some AP rounds and some distance. Melee is just suicide vs the Banshee/Ravengers, that's probably why most people find them hard.

I love using the Raptor, has enough of a kick to stun the enemy but not enough to throw off your aim and just enough of a clip size to finish most standard footsoldiers on Silver. Did I also mention its a sniper rifle?

I hate fighting the Geth if no one is a engineer....tried it with 4 adepts and it was a slaughter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    To me, the Reapers are pretty easy if you have some AP rounds and some distance. Melee is just suicide vs the Banshee/Ravengers, that's probably why most people find them hard.

I love using the Raptor, has enough of a kick to stun the enemy but not enough to throw off your aim and just enough of a clip size to finish most standard footsoldiers on Silver. Did I also mention its a sniper rifle?

I hate fighting the Geth if no one is a engineer....tried it with 4 adepts and it was a slaughter.
    Haha. If you want lulz, play against the Geth with 3 quarian infiltrators with widows + an engineer. Didn't have anyone go down even once on silver. Technically it would be more balanced to replace one of the infiltrators with a sentinel or another engineer, but hey, no complaints. Pity we only got one match out of it before someone left.

Raptor is decent enough weapon, I just didn't like it so much because I like to use one weapon only, and it didn't do quite enough damage against the really powerful enemies. Found I ran out of ammo too often.

But back to the Reapers, it's not the general fighting them that's the issue. It's the occasions like I mentioned where your objective anchors you to a point for 3 minutes and keeping distance becomes nearly impossible without forfeiting the objective. That and the banshees can just ruin the whole day if they get a successful impale on someone and make it impossible to res them back up.

How'd the black widow compare to the regular one? I didn't mess around with snipers much when I was in SP because I was an adept.
    The damage is roughly the same - but you get 3 shots per clip before you have to reload instead of the standard single shot. That means you can literally wipe out a hallway in a matter of seconds. Its one of the best ultra-rares imo.

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D
    The problem isnt fighting them - the problem is keeping your distance. At wave 6 on silver you're going to be facing 2x banshee/brutes with ravager fire support. Cover isnt an option against Banshees because they will one shot you. Banshees can close distance before you have time to whittle down their barriers, which means CQC with an almost full health banshee, while attempting to dodge ranged enemies. If you're not careful, you'll get gunned down by the ravagers as you displace to deal with the melee rush.

At wave 10-11 you will be facing 2x banshees and 4x brutes with ravager fire support. Things get messy quick. The only way to deal with them is to stay mobile and try to have someone gunning down their fire support while the bulk of the team controls them. Having someone with warp is almost a requirement. Warp and biotic explosions can knock people out of a banshee's grasp and prevent the one shot.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-13-2012 at 13:16.

I'm probably the only one here, but I've been monitoring the poll I linked to before, and ATM it actually has more that 2-4 new votes per minute. I had no idea that the gaming community could be so vocal.
    Now if only they let gamers pick politicians too.

Haha. If you want lulz, play against the Geth with 3 quarian infiltrators with widows + an engineer. Didn't have anyone go down even once on silver. Technically it would be more balanced to replace one of the infiltrators with a sentinel or another engineer, but hey, no complaints. Pity we only got one match out of it before someone left.
    In quite a few of the rounds I played, people seemed to prefer fighting the Geth....honestly, I have won more times against the Reapers then against them. Engineers can easily hack/overload/cloak and it becomes a mop-up operation at almost every wave. I hate how everyone seems to choose the Blackwidow...it's not fast firing enough of a weapon if you get a couple Geth hunters surrounding you. In most of the rounds I played, some of them used a back-up power but most were quickly killed and then the team followed.

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan
    Raptor is decent enough weapon, I just didn't like it so much because I like to use one weapon only, and it didn't do quite enough damage against the really powerful enemies. Found I ran out of ammo too often.
    I like to use one weapon as well. The Raptor has around 140 rounds at base but I have that capacity heat sink upgrade mixed with that damage increase. It's a really beastly weapon and I have found it can kill a Brute at around 40 shots if you have AP rounds. What I love about it is that it stuns enemies for a sec and it only takes 2-3 shots, don't know about heavy's but I can easily keep two Banshee's busy for most of the round.

And sometimes the game is cruel and makes you upload data on wave 10....the best thing to do is to mob it and upload the data as fast as four people can and scatter when finished. I had more trouble when I had to kill the enemy in wave 10 and it was 2 Banshees and 2 Brutes. I was killed in the end by a husk when I just needed to finish off a weakened Ravenger....Soul-crushing experience there.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

In multiplayer, why do the Quarian characters keep saying "Banana!" after the wave is complete?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae View Post
    In multiplayer, why do the Quarian characters keep saying "Banana!" after the wave is complete?

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought that was what they said. It's actually "For Rannoch!" but the suit/accent combo definitely makes the confusion actually seem reasonable.

That "store bug" is still around....just lost all my weapons/characters,*sighs* need to start from scratch. Also had a weird game where I couldn't reload at the ammo points and couldn't inflict any damage on enemies but they still tried attacking me....MOST HILARIOUS GAME EVER

Casey Hudson finally breaks silence.

Nice to hear that they are listening, and the DLC new sounds promising.

Edit:
    The fans continue to surprise. Apparently there's even a charity devoted to this cause now. With more 26 k dollars.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 03-14-2012 at 08:21.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Perhaps. Still I have not seen such a vocal proof of discontent concerning a BW game (or any game) till date.

I've been replaying key missions using saves and I've decide my favourite moments in the game. All of them are related to ex-squadmates.
    IMO the crowning moment of awesome is Thane sparring with Kai-Leng. I admit I never particularly liked Thane in ME2, but the scene where he saves the Salarian councilor just shines.
    Close seconds are the big Threshar Maw taking out the Reaper while Mordin calmly goes to die and Legion's sacrifice.

Looking forward to playing with a female Shepard next. Jennifer Hale does stellar voice-work.
    How does one get that to happen when I saved the councillor it was major kirrahe who took the bullet. In fact I cant find Thane anywhere think he might have died before I spoke to him I went to the hospital but hes wasnt there.

Anyways he was not in my save the councillor bit or do you save the councillor twice?

On an unrelated note I actually played my first multiplayer game ever I never actually played online games intenet is connection was always ruubbish in the house funnily enough I can play the MP easier than the SP.

I had to turn the pc down to ugly just to play ME3 the horizons are usually just big white wall half the time.

Must say I enhoyed it immensely and I didnt feel like I was too useless unlike the couple of times on my friends xbox with call of duty. That kind of thing actually puts me off MP for a lot of games what the points of joining up if everyone seems to be like a jedi or a jerk.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 03-14-2012 at 13:04.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Casey Hudson finally breaks silence.

Nice to hear that they are listening, and the DLC new sounds promising.

Edit:
    The fans continue to surprise. Apparently there's even a charity devoted to this cause now. With more 26 k dollars.
    Hm. Interesting. I'm fine with the endings, but I'm interested to see what else they will do. Would still be nice to have some of these questions answered.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    How does one get that to happen when I saved the councillor it was major kirrahe who took the bullet.

or do you save the councillor twice?
    Thane spoilers
    If thane is dead then its the major who saves the councilor. If the major died in ME1, then no one saves him and Leng succeeds in the assasination

Hm. Interesting. I'm fine with the endings, but I'm interested to see what else they will do. Would still be nice to have some of these questions answered.
    I havent even got to the end yet in my playthrough but when I accidently found out the ending I didnt think it was wrong at all.

Think people are just annoyed they dont get to go off into the sunset is all.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    I havent even got to the end yet in my playthrough but when I accidently found out the ending I didnt think it was wrong at all.

Think people are just annoyed they dont get to go off into the sunset is all.
    Probably so. There are a few odd inconsistencies and not enough said that also contribute to the reaction. People's frustration is largely understandable even if I don't exactly agree (as long as they don't go to crazy extremes with it).

Probably so. There are a few odd inconsistencies and not enough said that also contribute to the reaction. People's frustration is largely understandable even if I don't exactly agree (as long as they don't go to crazy extremes with it).
    We know its the end of Shepards story because they said it a loads of time but that does not mean it's the end of The story. I expect to see an ME4 eventually twill be the same universe but different people sequel or prequel it doesnt matter I would enjoy it just the same.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 03-14-2012 at 13:26.

Thing is I don't think that fans are really bothered by sad endings. I mean I'm sure most of the people knew that this will be the end of Shepard. Because the greatest heroes always die.
    Maybe not everyone liked it, but then endings that tug at the heart strings can be pretty good.

What is frustrating and unacceptable is how the ending says nothing about the characters and races who were the motive behind the entire game. The ending sequence with Shepard is done very well, and Clint Mansell's track An End Once and for All complements the scene beautifully. But then after that everything is vague.

Had they even provided a Dragon Age Origin-esque epilogue where they had these screens with small passages about the various characters, it would've gone a long way to improve the ending. Because most people AFAIK aren't bothered by the lack of logic or coherence, but by the lack of closure for the characters they invested so much in.

Blog Entries

Though a riding into the sunset would be nice.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

We can sleep easy on closure rajpoot EA is not about to let the biggest story of 2012 just fade into the back catalogue.

There will be DLC which may give some closure but not for everything clearly there not going to make DLC for characters that could be dead since ME2.

ME4 will be announced no doubt maybe next year in order to sell some DLC

Blog Entries

Huh, I had been given the impression that this was the last shepard ME game.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast