Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1449

Thread: Crusader Kings II

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by komnenos View Post
    So can I play EUIV or CK2 MP with no lag issues?
    I'm not sure how much ping itself impacts those games, but I suspect it's less important than simple bandwidth. The games have an adjustable speed, and MP is generally played by setting the speed to a low level (typically in the range of 1 to 3). If one person is lagging behind, the game will automatically slow itself down to compensate. A ping of 140-160 I doubt would impact EU4/CK2 very much. On Mobius, we play EU4 MP games with people on both sides of the Atlantic and usually don't have many problems.

Member thankful for this post:

EU4 just has a crap tier multiplayer set up to be honest. Love the game but if you go multiplayer don't be surprised when some issues come up; especially people dropping.

Thank god SP is absurdly enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Aetius View Post
    EU4 just has a crap tier multiplayer set up to be honest. Love the game but if you go multiplayer don't be surprised when some issues come up; especially people dropping.

Thank god SP is absurdly enjoyable.
    Our EU4 games on Mobius have actually worked pretty well. It's not uncommon for someone to drop, but we've had plenty of play sessions where we went a good 5 hours with only a couple connection incidents.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

**** steam man... I explicitely set the game to NO UPDATES...

We do not sow.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    **** steam man... I explicitely set the game to NO UPDATES...
    You should still be able to revert to a previous patch if you go to Properties>Betas. They have 1.11 and 2.04 available.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

ye i know :P thanks

We do not sow.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Hæsteinn of Nantes is undoubtedly one of the best 867 starts. The start location is great for raiding all over (historically the man raided as far as West Africa!) It also means the Norman culture event triggers, so you can go do something like a Sicilian prepared invasion and be the appropriate culture for the historical conquest (which is totally my jam).

Plus the dude's starting stats and stack are awesome.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Anyone know the best murder minimising method of managing Gavelkind? I.e. passing out titles to manage who gets what? I will totally murder my rubbish sons, but the good ones I'm keen to keep just in case, plus they are family! But do things like Bishoprics removing from inheritance work under Norse? Can I give a son a Duchy and it recalculate who gets the one's I want to keep primary?
    #Hillary4prism

Quote Originally Posted by naut View Post
    Anyone know the best murder minimising method of managing Gavelkind? I.e. passing out titles to manage who gets what? I will totally murder my rubbish sons, but the good ones I'm keen to keep just in case, plus they are family! But do things like Bishoprics removing from inheritance work under Norse? Can I give a son a Duchy and it recalculate who gets the one's I want to keep primary?
    Switch to Greek culture and chop their balls off.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Switch to Greek culture and chop their balls off.
    Interesting tactic.

I think I figured it out though. I raided for 1.5K, conquested the Sicilian minors, & prepared invasioned Byzantine Sicily. Creating and passing out the Duchies within the Kingdom to the lesser sons without creating/usurping the Duchy of Sicily seems to have done it. Now the correct people are getting the correct titles. And my heir get's the Kingdom and the titles within the Duchy of Sicily.
    #Hillary4prism

We just finished up our EU4 MP game (went all the way to 1821) and are about to start a new long-term MP game. This time we are going to do CK2, so if anyone else is interested in joining, now would be a good time to speak up and get in on it from the start. We play (almost) every Saturday starting at 8pm GMT (3pm EDT) and we usually play for about 4-5 hours. See the thread for more info.
    @The Stranger @komnenos

i will see if i can join, lately i been working in the weekends usually so I dunno if it will work out. but i would like to play

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    I'm down if there's room. That time-slot is perfect for me. Saturday at Noon, you betcha.

Read the Mobius thread and the house rules look good. Depending on the start date I'd play a pagan petty kingdom or some random Duke in France or the HRE if we're doing later ones.
    Post your preferences in the thread, that's where all coordination will occur. We're still not solid on the start date yet and input would be useful.

Also, if it matters, most of us hang out on Ventrilo during the game to make chat easier. That is not required though, and Greyblades doesn't own a mic so he only listens and responds w/ text.

Member thankful for this post:

i cant make it this weekend. and im not sure about any other weekends, but perhaps i can just hop in one session if i have time. if u guys dont mind ofcourse. anyway gl hf

We do not sow.

i cant make it this weekend. and im not sure about any other weekends, but perhaps i can just hop in one session if i have time. if u guys dont mind ofcourse. anyway gl hf
    Absolutely, anyone can hotjoin any of our games, with the only qualification being that the regular players get a veto on who you can play. However, as long as you aren't jumping into a character that's a direct competitor to (or vassal of) a regular player, I doubt there'd be an issue.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

To anyone interested in CKII's DLCs, this midweek on steam everything CKII related is on a -66% sale ;)

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I am wanting to set up a CKII succession game over at Mobius Gamers. Do comment if you are interested.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

you trying for it again? its stable now?

oh wait its succesion, not multiplayer. i might play depending on the theme and expansions.
    Last edited by The Stranger; 07-21-2014 at 16:22.

We do not sow.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh wait its succesion, not multiplayer. i might play depending on the theme and expansions.
    There is talk of MP CK2 as well. It was somewhat stable last time.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

if u play the habsburg i would think these rules would be fitting

can't gain any titles through offensive warfare, only through political means. This means that fighting a war because you have (forged) a claim on a title isn't allowed, neither is fighting a war to put your sons spouse on a throne. However joining in a rebellion that puts you forward to usurp the throne is allowed (since its technically a defensive war), same for independence. Marriage and intrigue should be the preferred way to gain lands.

I'm not sure about allowing offensive wars to claim dejure lands, i suppose once you have the title you can enforce your power over your dominion.

Exceptions could also be crusades, with the addition that any lands gained through crusading should become independent?

We do not sow.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

We don't really have any rules. We also started by the way, but you can still get in. I will just add you to the end of the queue.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

nah im ok, have fun. i havent really been feeling to play ck2 lately. and i dont have that much time, i might drop in from time to time to see if there are any fun write ups.

We do not sow.

We are actually going to do MP. It's not perfect, but it's stable enough for MP with some rehosting every once in a while. If you're interested in playing, post here.

i might play, but usually work weekends (at night) so will be hard.

We do not sow.

I am thinking of buying this game but the DLC is so expensive and the base game is still 40 bucks. How much does it usually go for when on sale?
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 01-29-2015 at 08:26.

I think I got it for 75% off?

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

There are sales on Paradox titles regularly, especially now that CKII isn't that new anymore.

I got the base game, I didn't feel like waiting two months for a spring sale. If I like it, I can always get the DLC. That being said....

I don't know what the hell I am doing. I am playing as a petty kingdom of Mumu in Ireland. I have my council members doing things, I am trying to marry off all my blood relatives to royalty, I am saving up money to build improvements, but the money is slow and I just spend most of the time at max speed until a random event occurs. All the other Irish kingdoms are on par if not stronger than me, so war isn't a viable option to expand and get money. As far as I could tell, none of the Irish kings had relatives I could marry, I just married princesses from Scandinavian countries, but now all the wives hate me because of "foreigner -20". So at this point, I feel like the only way to even get ahead is to just wait for an Irish princess to be born and get my sons to jump on her right away or wait for my country to slowly build up enough infrastructure so I can overwhelm one of the smaller kingdoms.

It takes a long time to build a kingdom. If you want to expand, you need to get claims on other lands. That means marrying people off, killing people or forging claims. But yes, it can be a very long road. It's more true to life that way I guess.

Well, if it takes 3 hours and 100 years in game to finally take over this asshole next to me, I'm willing to do it. Then again, he liked me until I pressed my de jure claim, so I guess I am the asshole in this situation.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast