Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II

Default Re: Crusader Kings II

I have a question tangentially related to the game for you guys - when I try to register the game of the Paradox forums (so that I can view the relevant sub-forums) the CD key provided by Steam isn't accepted. I don't get a message saying it's invalid, like I do if I type in random numbers, but entering it just refreshes the screen without doing anything. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I have a question tangentially related to the game for you guys - when I try to register the game of the Paradox forums (so that I can view the relevant sub-forums) the CD key provided by Steam isn't accepted. I don't get a message saying it's invalid, like I do if I type in random numbers, but entering it just refreshes the screen without doing anything. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
    Don't know, but there was a problem redeeming steam code for eu3, maybe it's related?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ode-from-Steam

And try copy and pasting the code? The last code I had, the characters were not what they appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by xploring View Post
    Don't know, but there was a problem redeeming steam code for eu3, maybe it's related?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ode-from-Steam

And try copy and pasting the code? The last code I had, the characters were not what they appear to be.
    I've tried typing it, copy-and-pasting it, removing the 'CKNG' at the start, removing the 'CKNG' and changing the hyphens to make groups of 5 instead of 4 characters...(seriously, I saw that last one suggested).

Just to confirm, is the key I want the one that starts with 'CKNG' that I get by right-clicking on the game in steam and selecting 'view game CD key?'

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

i had a boxed game so i cant help you :S i can post this question on the board for u if u like
    Last edited by The Stranger; 04-30-2012 at 11:18.

We do not sow.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

1.05e is released. Rejoice in the coming of a vassal claim fix and AI rulers properly calling in their allies to fight!

- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal
    - Kingdoms that are not previously de jure part of an empire can now also be assimilated
    - AI: Fixed an issue with calling allies into single wars
    - Fixed an issue with the regency events
    - Fixed numerous typos in the database and event files
    - AI: Fixed a bug with rulers being able to nominate dead children to titles, if not of their own dynasty

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Good, now I can keep going with the challenge
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

bring it on ricki :P

We do not sow.

The continuing adventures of the Alexandrov dynasty

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1175 - third generation and looking like the Rus are on top of the world, but the succession was a difficult one. My number one heir who had been groomed for greatness since day one died abruptly before he could take the throne. His brother, the zealous, decietful and demonically possessed was declared the heir. Before I could do anything about it my 10k prestige king who was quickly passing into legend died... and the fun began.

Early threats of a civil war were put to rest when the Cumans invaded attempting to win back the Crimea, the Second Crimean War turned into a Rus rallying cry, and gave my vassals an outlet for their aggression and displeasement. My people rallied around the central government's banner and we fought tooth and nail against the invaders. By the war's end, many of my monarch's most powerful enemies were either dead or now content to let him rule. The civil instability that eventually broke out was easily handled due to the disgruntled vassal alliance only being able to muster a fraction of my war hardened army. The Cumans are done. After their failed war against me I took another big bite out of them, the resulting loss has sent them spiraling down the civil war slope. They keep winning the wars that crop up, but every 5 years or so they find themselves in another. I could finish them off, but I'm using them as a buffer for the eventual horde strike.

The levant is a mess but that's a recent scar. The Third Crusade was a horrid disaster. Although it won initial success in capturing a number of cities, both the Emperor of the HRE and the English King were killed on campaign, of course the Shia didn't come out of it any better. They have completely fractured as a result of multi-vassal independence wars springing up. A fourth crusade might actually succeed.. we'll have to see.

I'm up to 65,000 men in leies after pouring thousands into the steppes. I've built new holdings, unit buildings and boosted my tax income to insane degrees. I'm now making about +26 per turn, and that's with a crazy, lying, possessed ruler! I can't wait until my Kind, Charitable, Gregarious Midas Touched heir takes over.

Bring it on Batu, I am ready for you.

Noticed oddities in the crusade system still. If you declare a crusade against an Islamic country which is currently fighting for its independence, while the war is correctly transfered to the mother country if she wins the independence war, if the crusade wins no kingdoms will be awarded to the catholic nations. You'll get a pop-up that says "Crusade Successful!" but no one will get the crown. Though I think they still get all the other bonuses that come with that. It's odd.
    Last edited by Monk; 05-01-2012 at 12:18.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Crusades are nothing but annoying for me. I only play as Byzantium and those crusaders are bound to come on my land. My armies will then suffer attrition because the foreigners need to choose this route instead of the sea.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I've tried typing it, copy-and-pasting it, removing the 'CKNG' at the start, removing the 'CKNG' and changing the hyphens to make groups of 5 instead of 4 characters...(seriously, I saw that last one suggested).

Just to confirm, is the key I want the one that starts with 'CKNG' that I get by right-clicking on the game in steam and selecting 'view game CD key?'
    My steam CD key registered without problems, and yes it's the one starting CKNG. That was at release. Perhaps there's a newer batch of CD keys which have not been added to the forum database? Try contacting Paradox on the forum, they seem pretty good about sorting out problems with forum registration.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

making sure you are not confusing B and 8's and stuff like that?
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Did some digging and found this thread at the Paradox forums: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...g-a-Steam-copy

It's a known issue and they've been working on it. If you have problems file a support ticket and paradox will set your game up manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Did some digging and found this thread at the Paradox forums: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...g-a-Steam-copy

It's a known issue and they've been working on it. If you have problems file a support ticket and paradox will set your game up manually.
    Yes, that was me that posted (I made an account way back to register HOI3, and figured I may as well use it). I'm currently in conversation with one of their support staff, having filed a ticket.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Just wanted to share this silly pic:

Pope Hilari(o)us cracking jokes and calling for crusades :P

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

^ Love it.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    Just wanted to share this silly pic:

Pope Hilari(o)us cracking jokes and calling for crusades :P
    What will his next prank be? Converting to Islam?

We do not sow.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

SO I mucked around with Ulster, even managed to make myself duke, when some snotty Scottish duke fakes a claim on the province of ulster and provides to whip my meager army and its good-for-nothing mercenary supplements in a few days of fighting. I ragequit and tried Galicia. I just about immediately joined one of the wars and rage quit when some Moorish stack rolled over my army. :D

Now I'm in a game as the Duke of Cyprus. It's actually going really well. My Duke is 60 years old, his son is ~40 and is my vassal and stands to inherit Cyprus and Krete. (That was a weird one. With the first duke, I made his son - the current duke - a count so he would inherit everything because I'm stuck with gavelkind. He manages to marry the Duchess of Krete and not matrilinially. notbad.jpg) I forged a claim on Beirut and took it since it was an independent county, and I'm waging a war on Wallachia for Tripoli, which they somehow have (and have no way of defending). Unfortunately the game keeps crashing for me about a month or two after my last save point. Pretty disappointed in that, I guess I'm going to have to troubleshoot it. I'm doing too well to just stop.

One thing that bothers me is it's hard to follow your ruler when he's called up by his liege. The Byz emperors have been in just about constant fighting with the Turks and Caliphate. Once there's a peace, there's a civil war since they usually lose the war with the Muslims. I've remained loyal because the emperor would still kick my butt so that means me and my levies are usually far from home (though this didn't stop me from siring a half dozen children). I wish there was some sort of display, as well as a way to substitute a different commander to head my levies that I have no control over. My Duke was wounded twice (though he recovered both times). He's still marching around defending the Doukas folks from their enemies internal and external though.

Hmm, interesting. So you are doing the inheriting thing? I have done that too with paphlagonia(screens somewhere in this thread). I ended up with most of asia minor. It's a lot more difficult now.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

I didn't particularly intend to. I'd like to try to gain land along the coast at the expense of the Muslims, but with the Empire utterly incompetent I'm not that hopeful I'll be able to do much.

get rich hire mercs beat muslims or die trying

the latest album of 50 coin

We do not sow.

Alexandrov Adventures Mk III -

It began in 1183 with the death of King Andrei I of the Rus...

Newly crowned only two years prior he was a strong, charismatic and economy minded individual who had plans to further centralize the Rus kingdom even further than it already had been under his father. Unbeknownst to him, the increasing taxes levied upon the fuedal lords as well as the expenential growth of the army had built a powerful tension between the throne and it's vassals. The three greatest dukes of the Rus hatched a devious plot to remove the state's strongest figurehead and tear down the oppresive shackles the kingdom had erected. In 1183 their assassin slipped into the palace and ended the life of the king. No proof could ever be placed linking the death to anything other than natural causes...

The King's heir was the newborn Julia II, named after the founder of the dynasty, she was too young to rule so the state passed to a regent. Weak and hardly cut out for true rule, the regent was ill-equiped to meet the requirements of ruling such a vast kingdom. Reports slipped through the cracks, spies were able to be planted close to the royal family. And that's when the plot struck. With little in the way stopping them and power unable to be wielded effectively by the central government due to the regency, the dukes of Yaroslavl, Chernigov and Vladimir launched an attempted coup to severely weaken the crown authority of the realm.

Their plot was a failure, but when intrigue fails most men turn to the sword. The three men may not have held much land in comparison to the combined vassals of the rest of the kingdom, but they were wealthy. Each duke could levy several thousand troops on his own, their rebellion split the realm's forces almost in two.. taking a third of the standing army with them in their coup attempt. Initial fighting around Moscow, the newly decreed capitol county of the kingdom some ten years prior, went in favor of loyalist forces. However fighting in the east in the duchy of Bulgar went handily to the rebels who crushed an army of some 3,000 men under Prince Konstantin.

Both sides were dead even when it came down to numbers and tactical ability. Old warhorses, the dukes of Vladimir and Chernigov were both veterans of the Hungarian and Byzantine campaigns that took place only a decade before, wherein the Kingdom of Rus exerted its immense military power to ensure the continued stability of the Byzantine Empire. Loyalist and Rebel forces campaigned and attempted to out maneuver one another for another eight months when the news spread. Norway and Sweden had entered a military pact and declared war against the Rus. Their goal was to install a pretender to the Russian throne, a forgotten son of the Alexandrov dynasty had married into the Norwegian royal family, and produced a son who had a "legitimate" claim to the Rus Kingdom. A combined army of 30,000 Scandinavian troops crossed the borders and laid seige to Novgorod.

The Kingddom of Rus was in the state of a civil war, and now foreign troops had landed on Russian soil. It was the best time an adversary could have picked to invade, and that's just what the King of Poland did. Fifty years ago the Rus had seized many counties that were considered de jure polish and had granted them to Russian counts to rule, no doubt in an attempt to spread Orthodoxy further into Europe, or so the king thought. Barely two months after the Scandinavian alliance laid seige to Novgorod, the Polish king crossed the southern border with 15,000 men. The Rus were now in dire straights...

After three months of continued fighting in the heart of the motherland, both sides of the civil war met near the capitol and agreed to a white peace. While they both fought here in the heart of their territory, everyone could agree on one thing. Russians were being slaughtered uncerenomiously by foreign invaders led by not one, not even two, but three kings. Until the Rus were free of foreign aggression it was decided: they would stand together. A bear is most dangerous when cornered in it's den.. but the great bear of the Rus was already gravely wounded. The fighting of the civil war had been fierce, and many counties were pillaged and burned as both sides fought for dominance. Many thousands of troops had given their lives, both in defense of the state, and in the ideal of a new image of said state... Still. They pulled together beneath the banner of Prince Konstantin, commander of the loyalist forces and made their march.

Although initial victories swelled the newly reunited Russian force's morale, the northern campaigns were smashed as they tried to press into Norwegian controlled Finland. The southern campaigns met with little success as well. Although no defeat suffered in the south was as great as the ones in the north, fighting bogged down into a bloody stalemate with each side picking and prodding at one another. Neither the Polish or the Russians were willing to commit, instead skirmishing for months on end. When the two sides finally clashed it was again, the Russians who found themselves on the losing side. Now faced with fighting two separate wars on two fronts, the administration knew it was doomed unless it allowed something to give. That something was the war in the south...

The Regent who resided over the Russian Kingdom's first major military defeat signed the treaty in 1186 that returned de jure territories to the Kingdom of Poland. Military morale was at an all time low as Russian forces regrouped in Moscow during that winter. They now had to prepare for a march north and to face the Scandinavian forces dug in near Novgorod, which had fallen the previous spring. However.. a light at the end of the tunnel shone through the darkness. The Sweedish queen died..

The Kingdom of Sweden fell into a succession crisis as two brothers fought for control of the crown. Now under the thread of complete collapse Swedish forces pulled out of Russian territory to fight their own war in their homeland. With the garrisons around Novgorod weakened the Rus launched a vicious counter attack and managed to throw back the Norwegien invaders in a great battle on the outskirts of city. Even though the defender's force was weakened after the withdrawal of the Swedes, it's estimated a total of 30,000 men from the two sides combined took part in the melee. The Russian attack was so vicious the old King of Norway was killed, his body found amidst that of his troops, and a number of his vassals were captured. The Battle of Novgorod turned the tide in the favor of the Russian forces. It was the first great victory the state had won in many years, and it sent morale soaring. Norway's resistance collapsed when in the summer of 1187 the Russians crossed the border into Norwegian territory for only the second time since hostilities broke out.

With the Norwegien king dead his successor, the excomunicated Oystein the Fat, came to power in Norway and immediately found himself beset on all sides by enemies. As the Russians campaigned in Finland from 1187-1190, the Kingdom of England, allied with the Holy Roman Empire attacked the Kingdom of Norway in the Anglo-Norse Excommunication war. Fighting outside his very own palace, the Norwegien king's grip on his territories began to slip, duchies that had long been loyal to him began to rebel realizing as the central state was collapsing they had to fend for themselves. By 1190 the war on the northern front had come to an end.. Oystein renounced all claims his dynasty had to the throne of the Rus and the weary Russian troops returned home.

The death of one man had sparked a civil war, which three kings used as their chance to attack the mighty Kingdom of Rus. One war had ended with a white peace. The one was a defeat, and one was a victory, but there was still one final war to be had before the time of troubles could be considered at an end. The Duke of Vladimir along with his brother, the Duke of Yaroslalv were the only two men of the original conspiracy to survive the two great wars. Once more they have rebelled against their leige, the child-queen Julia II and her regent. They now find themselves locked in a bitter struggle with their old enemy, the Alexandrov dynasty, but this time there will be no peaceful settlement in the face of outside aggression.

The Kingdom of Rus struggles to maintain its power.

But a storm is coming...

Last edited by Monk; 05-05-2012 at 13:32.

Sometimes in your campaigns the Golden Horde and the Ilkhanate won't show up. That's just the nature of the randomness. I was almost afraid I'd gotten one of those games but suddenly...

The Khan of Khans, the Ilkhanate is on the move. The Golden horde won't be far behind them - now's the time to prepare. I'm going to bank up 2000 gold and turtle until they get here. The civil war was put down effectively about ten years ago, i threw both dukes in jail for it as well as dividing up the realm even further. I\ must have imprisoned at least 6 troublesome and rebellious vassals as I ruthlessly consolidated.

The fruits of those efforts are shown here in the top five independent armies in game map. 100,000 men are loyal to the Rus state and stand ready to defend her from all outside threats.

My kingdom which will be waiting for the mongols to arrive. I've grown quite a bit after seizing two huge duchies from the cumans. It wasn't intended though.

You see the Duke of Bulgar is my vassal but his lands fall outside of my lawful territory. Therefore, any laws I pass don't necessarily apply to him. While he still holds his alliegence to me I cannot keep him from waging wars as he sees fit, its an interesting legal loophole and one he used to declare war against the Cumans while they were bogged down in a civil war. Rather than try to stop him (i couldn't anyway) I joined in, and declared a seperate war for a different duchy. Together our armies delt a devastating one-two combo that has essentially knocked the Cumans out of serious play. The downside is now instead of having a buffer against the Mongols, i'll be facing down their initial charge. I don't care though. I'll show them who the real horde is.

Lastly we have my character and her husband. Julia II may be called "The Unready" but she's organized the realm in a way it hasn't been for over two generations. Everyone supports the throne. The realm of Hungary has been a long time ally ever since i managed to get my dynasty ruling there around 80 years ago. That branch of the Alexandrov dynasty is distinctly Hungarian now, but.. can you notice something about this screenshot? Yes. That's my son about to inherit the Hungarian kingdom. When Julia dies two of the largest armies in the world will merge into one entity. Provided I can deal with the unrest that follows.

Next post will detail the mongol war. I wish i had more free time over the weekend or I would have gotten to it then, but soon I'll be clashing with the dreaded enemy of the mid-game. I'm quite looking forward to this. Two hundred years of prep-work - if I survive this war no one will stop me.
    Last edited by Monk; 05-07-2012 at 11:30.

What happened to the byzantines? They usually have around 50000 men at the least.

prolly just had a civil war or sumthing

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    What happened to the byzantines? They usually have around 50000 men at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    prolly just had a civil war or sumthing
    Very close! Actually the Byzantines have been locked in an eternal struggle with the Seljuk Turks since the start of the game. Each side as been beating the crap out of one another but neither could take advantage even when they won. A combination of internal pressures and constant civil wars kept those two adversaries perfectly balanced.. until the Ilkhanate showed up and trashed the Seljuks in six months. Byzantium is now experiencing a restoration of power and for once since the start of the game is looking like a force to be reckoned with. I feel safe in the knowledge my daughter is married to the Emperor

There are many upsides to spreading your dynasty through seperate kingdoms. The first is the obvious - its the first step toward centralizing all those titles beneath one character. If you don't wish to do that, then the other benefit should be equally as clear: same dynasty means a very close ally and almost a guaranteed assistance in your wars. The downside of course is if you want to keep that ally you're going to need to fight in their civil wars. And that's exactly the position I found myself in 1229 -

My character's husband had died a bit earlier than I expected so my sons went to Hungary to claim the titles he had left them under the succession laws. One newly crowned king, one duke and three counts (yeah Julia pumped out a LOT of kids) began their rule in the name of the Rus. The Alexandrov dynasty was now firmly entrenched in Hungary - but the local Hungarian lords weren't about to just sit back and accept that. They launched a bloody insurrection that tore the realm of Hungary apart. Naturally my son called me into the fight and I accepted.. and that's when they came.

120,000 mongol warriors came surging over the horizon. Thankfully I was smart enough to only send a relatively small detachment south into Hungary. 10,000 Russians were assisting the heir to the throne fight the civil war to keep the Hungarian crown within the Alexandrov family. Still. I was outnumbered, i knew if I wanted to win this I'd need to be smart. And i'd need an ally.. wait a second. I can call in allies?

A dart thrown into the darkness at the start of the game has remarkably hit its target. Over one hundred and ten years ago I fought a war for control of Denmark and claimed the throne. Although I passed the throne off to another character I had laid deep family roots within the nation before i did that. I forced many of the ruling dukes to adpot Orthodoxy and the Alexandrov family had many powerful connections there, marrying into a lot of the ruling dynasties. A stroke of fate had placed this man, Yevstafiy II on the throne a year before I would need him most. The Russo-Danish Alliance was formed and the battle was joined..

The outlying territories were abandoned in favor of consolidating a front line in the Duchy of Bulgar. The plan was to draw the Mongol advanced guard in with a deceptively weak center guard, and sweep in from the north and south after they'd engaged Russian forces. The plan hinged on the ability to withstand the initial onslaught long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

Despite numerical superiority, the ferocity of the Horde's attack took my commanders off guard. The Battle of Chishmy saw the utter destruction of twenty thousand men, causing the Rus lines to fold inward on themselves. If not for the quick and decisive actions of Count Mitrofan, who rallied a successful counter attack and defeated the Mongols at the Second Battle of Chishmy, the casualties would have been doubled as stranded armies would have been picked apart by advancing forces.

Despite the heroic stand at the Second of Chishmy, Horde forces managed to slip behind the Russian lines and laid seige to the heart of the Russian territories.

Commanding a huge army and being too unwieldy to move back, Mitrofan pressed forward into Chelyabi, hoping to cut off the Horde's reserve forces that were still wreaking havoc on the Rus' outlying territories.

The following battle, Satka, was a costly victory for Russian forces. Once more the numerical supperiority of the Rus meant almost nothing and the Mongols made them pay for every man they killed with three of theirs. The advanced Rusian army suffered 66% casualties and was forced to retreat soon after the battle.

Russian forces retreated on all fronts hoping to regroup near the central territories around the duchy of Moskva, all the while the vanguard of the horde continued to siege and pick off as many stragglers as they could. However, hope remained...

The ten thousand Russian troops loaned to the Hungarian branch of the Alexandrov branch were recalled and near Byransk linked up with surviving elements of other Russian forces in the area. Combined they numbered at some 17,000. Alone they would have hardly been a match for the Horde forces sieging Kolomna, but at long last the Danish arrived at the front led by their king.

The combined Russo-Danish army smashed the Horde at the Battle of Grodets. The skirmishes that surrounded it and the battle itself would completely break the lasting power of the Golden Horde. But the price was high, six thousand Danish and at least eight thousand Russians died at the battle, among them the King of Denmark.

Having lost their entire expeditionary force. Four months after the battle the final occupied territory was freed from Horde control, forcing the great Khagan of the Golden Horde to sue for peace.

At the end of the war some fifty thousand Rus had lost their lives, nearly half the standing armed forces of the Kingdom. Many dukes and counts alike had perished fending of the Mongol threat, but through it all the state endured.

Whew. Now that was fun.
    Last edited by Monk; 05-07-2012 at 18:34.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Now that you've beaten them, how do the armies for the Mongols work?

They should have close to no territory, so it should be impossible for them to replenish an army of that size, no?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Now that you've beaten them, how do the armies for the Mongols work?

They should have close to no territory, so it should be impossible for them to replenish an army of that size, no?
    Their armies are attrition proof, only the levies they raise in conquered territories suffer attrition. Provided they win their initial war they get free events to call in reinforcements from the east that can only happen once per character. Every new Khan as the ability to spawn 4-6 doom stacks of 20k each, each of which are free of attrition as I said. This is why the Khaganates are so powerful despite having very low levy scores on the independant army screen, as their free troops are not counted among that. This is also why you should NEVER EVER assassinate the Khan. If you do, the new khan will be able to call in more reinforcements. 6 doomstacks you might be able to handle, but how about 12?

If the horde converts to another religion, or the year is after 1300, the events are no longer obtainable for the mongols.

I was very lucky the old khan who invaded at the head of the GH didn't die before i beat them. Despite my powerful counter attack and victory at Grodets, a replenished mongol force would have beaten me if the war had carried on for two more years.

also the mongols invade a country but do not replace the ruler so they dont have rebellions often since the defeated will sign a truce and cant rebel for 10 years. and they convert ppl very fast.

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    also the mongols invade a country but do not replace the ruler so they dont have rebellions often since the defeated will sign a truce and cant rebel for 10 years. and they convert ppl very fast.
    Actually the Ilkhanate suffered massive rebellions from the former vassals of the Seljuks after they completely obliterated their entire empire. The problem for me and everyone else is that after 15 years, they'd ruthlessly purged almost every traitor and reconquered every county who had dared to rise up in rebellion. Even as I defeated the GH the Ilkhanate was growing stronger by the day. The Khagans do not mess around...

I wouldn't be surprised if my forces end up fighting another war against the Mongols. I'm closely allied with the Byzantines, and as the Ilkhanate continues to consolidate its power and the Byzantines expand, one has to wonder how long those two will live next to one another in harmony.
    Last edited by Monk; 05-07-2012 at 21:18.

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast