Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Crusader Kings II

So. it's worth the money?

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Gah - the game has been working perfectly well for months - I really enjoyed it - and now an update comes along and messes it up.
    My graphics now look like this:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

If he has a birth defect then thats fine.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Gah - the game has been working perfectly well for months - I really enjoyed it - and now an update comes along and messes it up.

You are not alone.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Yikes. I know it's a bit extreme, but maybe try to reinstall the game or verify yoiur steam cache? Definitely looks like the patch corrupted your game files.

Alexius you're a real tough guy.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Takes out both of my eyes then challenges me to Tzykanion.

GEE I WONDER WHO'S GONNA WIN.
    Last edited by Monk; 10-18-2012 at 03:52.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Alexius you're a real tough guy.

Takes out both of my eyes then challenges me to Tzykanion.

GEE I WONDER WHO'S GONNA WIN.
    I sure don't hope you're playing a Doukas? Then it is his right to blind you and humiliate you in a game of Tzykanion.

I have started a game as Trebizond at the 1205 start. It's certainly a rough ride. Took the county of Paphlagonia from Rum while they were fighting Armenia Minor and Georgia. Meanwhile, the Latins had stripped the duchies of Nikaia and Samos from the Byzantine Empire. I got a claim and now I am fighting the Byzz. I am more concerned of what the Latins can do to me than the Turks. I am literally surrounded by enemies.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Btw, something I noticed. In GamersGate "Legacy of Rome" is sold with the price of 4,99€. However, if you buy it in game using bluecoins you get it almost 2€ cheaper.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    Good to see that.
    The developers are aware of the issue and working on in. They believe they will have a fix for it out my next Monday.

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Couldn't get the Legacy of Rome, can't connect to Paradox service for two days now to get the damn thing from the ingame store...

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

@Voigtkampf isn't alone either.
    Where did you buy CKII originally? You could just buy the DLC from there.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

One of my vassals is the liege to a mayor that should be my vassal (it's in my province). How do I rectify this issue?
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    One of my vassals is the liege to a mayor that should be my vassal (it's in my province). How do I rectify this issue?
    Is it really that much of an issue? Only way I would know how to do it is revoking all his titles, but that's a bit much for a city, isn't it?

Meanwhile, I can't stop listening to this incredible LoR song!

Is it really that much of an issue? Only way I would know how to do it is revoking all his titles, but that's a bit much for a city, isn't it?

Meanwhile, I can't stop listening to this incredible LoR song!

Thanks! When I said a mayor, that was just for clarity. What I really meant was in total he has 4 cities and 3 churches that should be my vassals. Loss of tax and manpower is the issue. =P

Don't have the CK music on, tend to play my own music while playing. That said in general the music for CK is good, but too intrusive for me really.
    Last edited by naut; 10-19-2012 at 11:23.
    #Hillary4prism

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

@Voigtkampf isn't alone either.
    Where did you buy CKII originally? You could just buy the DLC from there.
    Got it from GG. DLC is from GG as well. To access ingame store, you need to have Paradox connect on. "Paradox connect not available at the moment, please try again later" is the simple error message I've been getting for the past two days...

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Quote Originally Posted by Voigtkampf View Post
    Got it from GG. DLC is from GG as well. To access ingame store, you need to have Paradox connect on. "Paradox connect not available at the moment, please try again later" is the simple error message I've been getting for the past two days...
    GG doesn't have the speediest customer service around, but they do have a reputation for doing as much as they can to help you. I would heavily suggest getting in touch with them through their contact info, or through the thread linked already.

Pardon me while I go flip a table over in frustration. Just start working on updating my mod for 1.07 and they release a hotfix! Guh.

Oh well. Looks like they fixed the portrait bug that some people were suffering, so that's great news. Muslims will also be restricted from Jihad before 1187, which is nice. No more Shia jihads into Galicia at 1080!

full 1.07b changes:

- Fixed an issue with broken portraits and other graphics on certain older graphics cards
    - Fixed a bug with Claimant Faction wars becoming invalid in Elective Realms
    - Fixed a bug where various Dynasty variables would not be correctly reset on resign, which could even cause crashes
    - Fixed the initial tech levels in the Nestorian and Miaphysite provinces
    - Fixed a crash bug in the religion view that could happen when your ruler's religion changed
    - Fixed a bug with Gavelkind succession in Empires where the holder also had many kingdoms
    - Fixed an issue where you could become independent by joining an independence faction war in another realm
    - Kurds now have access to the Persian cultural building
    - William the Conquerer no longer set as mother of three Breton characters
    - Fixed the history for c_aprutium
    - Fixed deathdate of character 161537
    - Fixes/additions to the Strathearn dynasty
    - Fixes to the counts of Malta
    - Fixed broken de Mello dynasty
    - Various additions/fixes to several English dynasties
    - Various additions/fixes to several German dynasties
    - Renamed duplicate Onega province
    - Added rulers to various Eastern pagan provinces
    - Spymaster can now use Scheme in provinces belonging to your liege's other vassals
    - Fixed hunting event to correctly apply to barons
    - Fixed an ugly "invalidated war" message showing messy trigger conditions
    - No longer possible to start or join Factions while in revolt against your current liege
    - Fixed an issue where a vassal revolt war could sometimes invalidate on mostly unrelated other revolts in the same realm
    - Fixed a glitch with the tooltip on the "Start a Faction" button
    - No longer allowed to start claimant factions for female claimants against Agnatic law titles
    - Fixed an issue with Protected Inheritance
    - Reduced size of all event pictures by 25% at no loss of quality
    - Muslim Jihads no longer possible before 1187
    - The title is now displayed correctly for Russian Grand Princesses
    - Some changes to the religious setup in the Levant

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

- No longer allowed to start claimant factions for female claimants against Agnatic law titles
    How do I get rid of this? I'm really pissed at England right now.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

did anyone notice that the rate of capturing noble prisoners has decreased with an insane amount since 1.07? its nowhere near as lucrative to fight wars now if you are small :S you could live of ransom now and then but now its just impossible.

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    did anyone notice that the rate of capturing noble prisoners has decreased with an insane amount since 1.07? its nowhere near as lucrative to fight wars now if you are small :S you could live of ransom now and then but now its just impossible.
    You are much more likely to kill them than capture them. As the Byzantines I noticed special kill events for my enemies. Battles seem far more dangerous for the loser than ever before.

You are much more likely to kill them than capture them. As the Byzantines I noticed special kill events for my enemies. Battles seem far more dangerous for the loser than ever before.
    Much more dangerous indeed. And a big boon to war-score in a slower mod like Project Balance.
    #Hillary4prism

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

i have a suggestion for a new challenge :P reconquer the entire dejure roman empire (as in: all the provinces you can conquer by using the reconquest CB) but you have to do so as the Spartenos in Napoli at 1066 :D

We do not sow.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i have a suggestion for a new challenge :P reconquer the entire dejure roman empire (as in: all the provinces you can conquer by using the reconquest CB) but you have to do so as the Spartenos in Napoli at 1066 :D
    You won't believe this, but that is what I did for myself as the very first thing! I have gone past those borders though.

15500 cataphract retinue, worth 49600 normal 'men', for upkeep of 2.4 gold per month. Basically unbeatable. Can levy 151000-ish from Vassals. 1177.2 gold income per month. Would be even higher if I properly invested my money into buildings and wasn't affected by a bunch of modifiers.
    Last edited by Beskar; 10-26-2012 at 00:15.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    You won't believe this, but that is what I did for myself as the very first thing! I have gone past those borders though.

15500 cataphract retinue, worth 49600 normal 'men', for upkeep of 2.4 gold per month. Basically unbeatable. Can levy 151000-ish from Vassals. 1177.2 gold income per month. Would be even higher if I properly invested my money into buildings and wasn't affected by a bunch of modifiers.
    Since the game spawns courtiers each time you raise a retinue and you've gone on a conquer spree... I don't even want to ask how big your court is.

I'm actually surprised Paradox let the DLC go out with how unbalanced it makes the game. Though, I must admit, holding the emperor's crown now feels really fun. I enjoy the Alexiad start date as well, perhaps my new favorite to begin a game from.

Blog Entries

Since the game spawns courtiers each time you raise a retinue and you've gone on a conquer spree... I don't even want to ask how big your court is.
    Not that bad, but | did see the Sejuk court with like 227 people in it.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Sure, but without the courtier claim conquest exploit please. Otherwise, the guys who come after you will have more trouble with the inside than the outside.

How do you guys deal with mega death-stacks? I was doing some probing and found that England can raise at least 50,000 troops. If I ever want to get ahead in my current campaign Im going to need to figure out a way to best them.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    How do you guys deal with mega death-stacks? I was doing some probing and found that England can raise at least 50,000 troops. If I ever want to get ahead in my current campaign Im going to need to figure out a way to best them.
    Wait until they get revolts and strike.

But it seems like when they do have a revolt and I attack, the revolt ends quickly and they come together and crush me.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

Make powerful friends.

I was actually friends with the Byzantine Empire when I was Sicily. Allowed me to expand into North Africa all the way up to the Middle East against the Sunni and Shia power-blocs till I was at the point where I could rival them single handedly, including the Byzantine Empire. Then I started making other friends to push any wars in my favour then took on the Byzantine's during a big independence war.

Then all that accelerated when the Emperor turned into a heteric, allowing me to confine the Empire into Asia minor until he was deposed by his own vassals.
    Last edited by Beskar; 10-26-2012 at 17:37.

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast