Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,449 of 1449

Thread: Crusader Kings II

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Then again, he liked me until I pressed my de jure claim, so I guess I am the asshole in this situation.
    I eagerly look forward to a month or two in the future (IRL) when you look back and laugh at yourself for considering this an asshole move.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I think I have to start over. My rival is building a new city, I dont know where he is getting the money. I seem to be the only one getting invaded by vikings, and my infrastructure is lacking. For some reason I waited 5 years and spent over 200 gold o upgrade a port which said +3.00 city income, and yet my mayor who is +87 to the king seems to be taking all of it and my own income has not increased beyond 3 gold a month (I thought the port would bump me up to like 4-6 a month). I just can't stand this at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I eagerly look forward to a month or two in the future (IRL) when you look back and laugh at yourself for considering this an asshole move.
    Haha, yeah I actually surprised myself by trying to kill three family members owning a vassal, so I could consolidate my power by expanding my demene and getting more direct taxes. I managed to kill the first two, and then I imprisoned the third (a woman who got caught conspiring against me) however, I couldn't get enough plot % to kill her and then she had a child in jail to a 65 year old man who should be infertile by now. So I gave up on trying to exterminate the family.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 02-01-2015 at 11:14.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I think I have to start over. My rival is building a new city, I dont know where he is getting the money. I seem to be the only one getting invaded by vikings, and my infrastructure is lacking. For some reason I waited 5 years and spent over 200 gold o upgrade a port which said +3.00 city income, and yet my mayor who is +87 to the king seems to be taking all of it and my own income has not increased beyond 3 gold a month (I thought the port would bump me up to like 4-6 a month). I just can't stand this at the moment.
    The +3 tax is yearly income and not all of it is going to you. You mayor will likely take most of it(based on how much he likes you).
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    The +3 tax is yearly income and not all of it is going to you. You mayor will likely take most of it(based on how much he likes you).
    Yeah, I think I understand some the stats now. I doubled checked and I saw that +3 income divided by 12, times the percent the mayor gives me from his monthly income is approximately the raise in income I saw every month. I ended up starting over and it is going a lot better now. I sunk money into military infrastructure and kept marrying off everyone as soon as possible. I lucked out by having a neighbor go to war and kill his treasury, all I had to do was walk my army over and wait him out. One thing I should not have done though was change the gravelkind law to primogenitor. The stability is not worth the penalty to all the vassals.

Finally another interesting CK2 expansion. It's just been announced, no release date yet.

Conclave, the newest expansion for the game, will give your vassals some bite to go along with your bark, as the council that governs your realm will now demand some say in how you rule. Powerful dukes, regardless of competence, will require a seat at the table, and those left on the outside will be more likely to plot against you.

Keep your council happy, and the mighty vassals will resist the pull of faction and civil war. Dismiss their interests, though, and you may find yourself trying to hold together a council at war with itself.

Balance councillor skill and power to keep your dynasty safe and strong. Ignore powerful underlings at your peril, or simply buy their loyalty with favors. Conclave makes the royal council a force unto itself.

Other features of Conclave will include:
    - Councils can now vote on changes to realm laws – or you can try to limit their power and influence
    - Revised education system for royal children, with new traits and events designed for childhood
    - New diplomatic system that prioritizes marital alliances and non-aggression pacts, as well as the possibility of coalitions
    - Improved military combat model with a greater emphasis on morale, as well as new rules for mercenary companies
    - And many more smaller changes including the usual tweaks to how the AI prioritizes its decisions.
    So the choice will be yours; do you dare to challenge your vassals on their council at the risk of challenging them on the battlefield? Can you move your nation towards greater centralization and power without your advisors realizing how much they are losing in the deal?

Crusader Kings II appreciates the subtlety of court intrigue. Conclave will give you new avenues to test that skill.

Conclave will be available in early 2016.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...y-2016.901254/

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

So - Conclave is Out.

The Headlines -

Crown Authority - GONE

the Parliament - GONE - everything is now voted on by your Council that now includes a new "Advisor" slot, he doesn't do much except vote on said Council.

Now decisions are either taken by you alone or you and your Council, factions that used to agitate for lower CA now agitate for powers to be handed to the Council.

Default Vassal limit has dropped by ten, to get the old vassal limit back you have to share all your power with the Council, +2 per power you share.

Child eduction is now more dynamic.

There is now no mechanic to prevent internal wars via law changes, you can "enforce peace" which stops all wars after three months but only once every ten years.

You now choose between taxes and troops for all vassals, rather than raising taxes or raising CA.

Verdict - don't get it yet, this needs a lot more work and balancing and it's not adding all that much to the game for the frustration it generated last night - also don't load it with an old save - but you can still play an old save without Conclave.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I got it, I played for 20 min at work, 3rd crusade bookmark as Jerusalem. The council wasn't that hard to manage, but I got wafflestomped by a jihad, I simply didn't have enough piety to recruit the Teutonic Order alongside the Templars and Hospitalliers. Perhaps a religious focus is mandatory for this scenario, I'll try again.

The new mechanics will be insteresting when I finally get to playing as Charlemagne or one of the Byzantine emperors. I'll also try the Mongols.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

OK, indeed going Theology focus is the way to get the much needed early piety. Not only for the holy orders, but also for a divorce. That foucs also allowed me to get "Sympathy for Islam" which is paramount, as it removes the "infidel" -15 opinion malus from Saladdin, who can make or break your game. I fired the mongoloid chancellor and put a decent one, who immediately went to improve relations with Saladdin. The trip to Rome granted me generous and kind, which increased his opinion of me further. That, and giving him my daughter to educate made it so I didn't get insta gibbed by a Jihad.

The Pope, idiot that he is, called for a crusade in Andalusia, but at least that occupied Saladdin I think. I also lucked out that he had heresy in Cairo, rebels, and the other big muslim blob had balkanized due to some sucession crisis i didn't pay attention to.

I will, however, restart.

For one thing, I should have tried to influence the couincil sooner, because there is a chance that a whole duchy passes on to King Philip of France, and we can't have that. The good wife is a malcontent, a bad spymaster and a duchess who is itching to start a faction against you, so she needs to go ASAP.

Also, when the crusade for Andalusia starts, the best thing to do is to raise the Hospitaliers and Templar and not let the AI waste their manpower in Iberia, when a Jihad on Jerusalem is imminent. Holding out until the TO spawns and making freinds with Saladdin seems like the best bet, and then securing the "can't pass outside realm" law, some increases in centralization and God willing, Primogeniture.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849