Thread: Adding new buildings, question about the AI

Default Adding new buildings, question about the AI

I'm currently working on a small mod. Some new units, heroes and buildings... nothing special.

My problem is, that the AI doesn't build all of my buildings. He's building all possible stuff, except 2 or 3. But these buildings are necessary for further upgrades. Even if all possible stuff is built, he won't build them.

Any ideas?

Max

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Adding new buildings, question about the AI

I'm not really familiar with how the AI prioritizes it's budget, I've never messed around with the building preferences/combos columns. What type of buildings are they (*_PRODUCER, *_INCOME, etc.)?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

sorry for being that late, i had much to work

my buildings are flagged as CATEDRAL_INCOME.

However, changing to troop_producer, non_producer or anything else... the ai will not build them

Check 10th column in build_prod file titled "AI characters building production preferences". The 11th column "AI building influences for building combos" is useful too.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

column 10:

i used the data from castle, spearmaker and farmland... no difference on first sight.
    do higher numbers mean, that the ai is more likely to build this structure?

column 11:

i don't have any entries on my buildings. should i link my builings to the ones that are already built?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Max View Post
    column 10:

i used the data from castle, spearmaker and farmland... no difference on first sight.
    do higher numbers mean, that the ai is more likely to build this structure?
    Yes. Instead of copying whole section try to change the numbers to some extreme values. I don't know if there is any limit but you can find numbers between 0 and 700. Of course there are several different AI types for each building's level but for the test change all of them just to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Max View Post
    column 11:

i don't have any entries on my buildings. should i link my builings to the ones that are already built?
    I haven't tested this much but I believe it forces AI to build structures combos for units or buildings that works together (like merchant and port). Just check how the CA used it with other buildings and you'll get the idea.

P.S. I don't know which editor you use (I hope not Gnome) but I recommend Dragon Editor. It's not perfect but at least don't screw up the files like Gnome sometimes.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.