Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

Default SS 6.4 - "EUROPA I" - Late Era

SS 6.4 - Late Era - RR disabled - Savage AI - Very Hard/Very Hard
    Objectives: Have 30 regions + the amount of regions you own from the start of the game. Have 100 prestige.
    Administrator: Húrin the Steadfast

This is a SS 6.4 hotseat with complex mechanics like Infamy, Prestige and National Stability.
    RPG is optional but strongly encouraged. Players who write stories ( 200+ words without spam) will receive financial bonuses added to they're faction. The bonus is 1500 gold per story. The bonus is only added by 1 story every 1 turn, making more stories then one in a turn does not give you more gold. Also, some pictures won't hurt.

FACTIONS

Kingdom of England - Rougeman - Infamy 0/30 - Prestige 5 - Stability - 0.1
    The Egyptian Caliphate - Nightbringer - Infamy 0/30 - Prestige 7.5 - Stability - 0.05
    The Moorish Caliphate - Mithridate - Infamy 0/30 - Prestige 14 - Stability - 0.05
    Holy Roman Empire - freakkriek - Infamy 0/30 - Prestige 2 - Stability - 0.1875
    Kingdom of Sicily - OPEN - Infamy 0/30 - Prestige 5.5 - Stability - 0.1
    The Crusader States - Myth - Infamy 0/30 - Prestige 5 - Stability - 0.2
    Republic of Novgorod - LooseCannon1 - Infamy 0/30 - Prestige 0 - Stability - 0.2

NATIONAL IDEAS
    Every faction must choose a national idea, that will give a certain bonus from the start to his faction:

Imperialism: Gain 100% prestige from all settlement captures and vassals.
    Mercantilism: Receive 125% more prestige from merchant income modifier.
    Centralization: Receive an additional 35% of your starting florins at the start of the game.
    Band of Brothers: Receive a 3/4 stack army with random quality in a random position of your territory.
    Propaganda: Reduce your Infamy gain by 50% from all modifiers and increase your Infamy reduction every 3 turns by 50%.
    Diplomacy: Gain +2 Prestige for each ally. Lose no prestige from failing to join allies in wars.
    Divine Intervention: Ability to make your faction immune to any military aggression from other human factions for 5 turns. Can be used in any point of the game for one time only.
    Administration: Receive 75% less stability loss from negative bonuses.

NATIONAL STABILITY
    Each faction has a Stability meter, which ranges from -3 to +3. The lower it is, the more negative bonuses you receive. The higher it is, the more positive bonuses you receive. Stability is influenced by: Prestige, Casus Belli, financial status, diplomatic relations (how many factions at war with, how many allied), current war progress (how well are you doing in your current war against a human).
    Bonuses can be: Financial, army morale (chance for some random units to desert), population amount.

National Stability is updated for factions every 5 turns. These are not limited and new ones will be added without notification. National Stability modifiers are:

*have prestige +25 or more +0.2
    *have prestige +50 or more +0.3
    *have prestige +75 or more +0.4
    *have prestige +100 or more 0.5
    *not bankrupt 0.1
    *allied with 5 or more 0.1
    *at war with nobody +0.15
    *war with human successfull +0.1
    *have 50,000 florins or more +0.2

*have prestige -25 or less -0.2
    *have prestige -50 or less -0.3
    *have prestige -100 -0.4
    *bankrupt -0.1
    *war with 5 or more -0.1
    *war with human unsuccessfull -0.15
    *have more then 20 regions -0.05
    *have more then 30 regions -0.1
    *have more then 40 regions -0.15

INFAMY
    Each faction has an Infamy meter, which ranges from 0 to 30. The higher it is, the more negative bonuses you receive. The lower it is, you receive no effects. Infamy reduces over time. Infamy is increased by: Human enemy settlement captures, battles won, destroying human factions, forceful vassalization.
    Negative bonuses can be: If over 30 limit, all other factions receive financial bonuses for capturing settlements from you. Also they do not need Casus Belli to declare war to you. Also all positive stability and prestige effects are reduced by 50%.

Infamy is updated for factions every 5 turns. These are not limited and new ones will be added without notification. Infamy modifiers are:

*reduce in 5 turns -1.5

*human settlement capture +1
    *battle won against human +0.2
    *destroy human faction +10
    *force human to become vassal +5
    *betray ally +3
    *break an agreement +1.5

PRESTIGE
    Each faction can acquire Prestige. This ranges from -100 to 100. If you reach 100, you have completed one victory condition. You receive no effects if it is higher or lower.
    Prestige is increased by: Human enemy settlement captures, battles won, destroying human factions, having vassals, merchant income, capture important settlements (Jerusalem, Constantinople, Rome, London, Krakow, Kiev, Cordoba).
    Prestige is decreased by: Losing settlements, battles lost, not joining wars declared by allies, betraying allies, being at war with too many AI factions (4 or more).

Prestige is updated for factions every 5 turns. These are not limited and new ones will be added without notification. Prestige modifiers are:

*human settlement capture +1
    *battle won against human +0.2
    *destroyed human faction +15
    *have human vassal +5
    *merchantilism +0.5 per 500 income
    *important settlement captured +5
    *stability is 3 +10
    *have more then 20 regions +2
    *have more then 30 regions +5
    *have more then 40 regions +8

*Lose settlement -1
    *battle lost against human -0.2
    *don't join wars declared by allies -3
    *betray ally -5
    *break an agreement -2
    *at war with 4 ai factions or more -3
    *stability is -3 -10

CASUS BELLI
    Casus Belli means "reason for war". You must have Casus Belli, if you declare war on a human faction. Also if you decide to declare war on a human faction, you must announce your Casus Belli choice in the thread. Casus Belli choices are:

No Casus Belli - (Decrease National Stability by 2, 0% infamy increase, 0% Prestige increase)

Aggression - "They are a threat to our faction" (100% infamy increase, 75% Prestige increase)
    No conditions.

Imperialism - "They would be better off integrated into our faction" (100% infamy increase, 150% Prestige increase) for:
    Destroy faction.

Reconquest - "They hold regions that are originally ours" (0% infamy increase, 100% Prestige increase) for:
    Capture specific settlements that were originally yours.
    Sicily: Ragusa, Durazzo, Tunis, Rome, Ancona.
    Moors: Palma, Valencia, Toledo, Lisbon, Silves.
    HRE: Bruges, Arhus, Venice, Dijon, Zagreb.
    England: Caen, Rennes, Caernarvon, Edinburg, Galway.
    Novgorod: Reval, Mensk, Bryansk, Kiev, Serdobinskaya.
    Egypt: Kerak, Jerusalem, Acre, Nicosia, Qarisiya.
    Jerusalem: Damascus, Antioch, Gaza, Aleppo, Alexandria.

Defender: If the attacked player wins the war, these modifiers apply: 50% Infamy, 100% Prestige for: Everything, unless "Reconquest" settlements are taken, in which case Infamy hit is still 0%.

RULES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    BASIC
    Reloading IS ALLOWED.
    Every turn must be played within 24 hours of the previous post made. If a player needs to be subsituted, then he must PM the Admin(me).
    If a player does not announce a need for substitute and is over the time limit, he will be removed from the hotseat once that happens 3 times.
    Everything that happens in the hotseat should not be taken personally by any player of this hotseat.
    Players are not allowed to attack other human factions in the first 2 turns. The game starts at turn 2, so you can only start attacking human factions at turn 4.
    BATTLE
    If an army is defeated, it may not move the next turn. Also it may not be attacked the next turn. The last part doesn't apply, if the army retreats into a fort, settlement or fleet.
    Player VS Player battles must be autoresolved showing the battle pictures of mouse over odds and results, also siege equipment or spies, if it is a siege.
    You are not allowed to completely destroy human armies. They must have a way to retreat.
    You cannot attack fleets inside ports.
    You are not allowed to move your fleet away from a blockaded port. You must destroy the blockading fleet first.
    You cannot keep your fleet in docks, if your fleet has armies in them. This rule does not apply to any agents.
    SETTLEMENT
    Only military and religious buildings are allowed to be destroyed.
    You can only destroy buildings once you have control of that settlement for 3 turns(including the turn captured). So if you captured a settlement in turn 10, you can destroy buildings on that settlement at turn 13.
    You are not allowed to destroy buildings, if that settlement is under siege.
    If you receive a settlement, that is gifted to you, you must disband all units inside that settlement except one.
    Only 2 forts per 1 region are allowed. If you control 10 regions total, you can make a maximum of 20 forts in the game.
    Extermination IS ALLOWED.
    AGENTS
    You need at least 2 spies to open gates of a human settlement or fort. Against the AI, only 1 spy is needed.
    Assassins cannot sabotage. Assassins are only allowed to assassinate other agents in their own regions.
    No exploiting merchants in the form of a merchant stack.
    CRUSADES AND JIHADS
    Crusades and Jihads are BANNED.
    DIPLOMACY
    You are not allowed to ally Papal States.
    You are not allowed to gift a region, that is in a war zone(bordering by land a faction you are at war) to another faction. You may gift a region, that is not in a war zone if you have controlled that settlement for 3 turns (including the turn captured), so if you captured a settlement at turn 20, you can gift that settlement to another faction at turn 23.
    You are not allowed to intentionally destroy your own faction. This includes but is not limited to moving your armies into obviously bad positions, gifting most of your regions to any other faction etc.
    EXPLOITS
    All bugs, exploits and cheats are not allowed to be used in the game.

MAPS
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Turn 1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	4464
    Turn 5

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	4958
    Turn 10

Name:	map2.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	5276
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 11-19-2012 at 13:08.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Hello and welcome Húrin (read the book a few months back, loved it btw!).

I like this idea and I would participate but there are some details to iron out:

1. It requires a lot of Admin intervention to enforce the rules/bonuses/penalties. Some of them may not even be possible in SS without modding or the Admin playing EVERY non-human faction.
    2. You can't force players to uphold the diplomatic penalties or bonuses versus other factions. If a faction declares war for no reason and goes to -2 how am I supposed to act? Is it not the point of hotseats that I may choose my own faction's reactions and ations?
    3 Before giving us the starting options to choose from and various bonuses, it is imperative to explain to everyone what each of your new game mecahnics do and what they mean. I've played very little EU and it was too sluggish for me and seemed too much like Sims where I had to breed kings and princes, then a medieval war game.

So, what is prestige, infamy, stability etc.? How are they measured? Who keeps track of the numbers? How do they affect the M2TW game?

If this is played in SS Early without timeskipping the starting gold bonus is laughable because we play VH which means 10k starting gold. 25% of that is 2500 which is insignificant for Early SS where you have more gold than you know what to do with anyway.

May I suggest skipping forward in time to about the year 1200? SS's early era units are too boring, even with RR off. Oh, and you must determine how victory is achieved. Will this still be a conquest/landgrab classical HS game? Do we play by the Grand Campaign victory conditions for each faction?
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Hello and welcome Húrin (read the book a few months back, loved it btw!).

I like this idea and I would participate but there are some details to iron out:

1. It requires a lot of Admin intervention to enforce the rules/bonuses/penalties. Some of them may not even be possible in SS without modding or the Admin playing EVERY non-human faction.
    2. You can't force players to uphold the diplomatic penalties or bonuses versus other factions. If a faction declares war for no reason and goes to -2 how am I supposed to act? Is it not the point of hotseats that I may choose my own faction's reactions and ations?
    3 Before giving us the starting options to choose from and various bonuses, it is imperative to explain to everyone what each of your new game mecahnics do and what they mean. I've played very little EU and it was too sluggish for me and seemed too much like Sims where I had to breed kings and princes, then a medieval war game.

So, what is prestige, infamy, stability etc.? How are they measured? Who keeps track of the numbers? How do they affect the M2TW game?

If this is played in SS Early without timeskipping the starting gold bonus is laughable because we play VH which means 10k starting gold. 25% of that is 2500 which is insignificant for Early SS where you have more gold than you know what to do with anyway.

May I suggest skipping forward in time to about the year 1200? SS's early era units are too boring, even with RR off. Oh, and you must determine how victory is achieved. Will this still be a conquest/landgrab classical HS game? Do we play by the Grand Campaign victory conditions for each faction?
    Hello. I will answer your questions in the order you asked:

1) The admin intervention i will be making will only be through the console, as i am not a modder.
    2) The point of those bonuses and penalties is to make the players more responsible, as the game now has a lot more consequences.
    3) I explained the mechanics a bit in the first post. You need to specify what you want to know. But basically they are there to make the game more complex and harder to play. I am not sure if Prestige will be implemented though, probably not.

I will be handling most of the things that go on in the hotseat, the players do not need to do more.

The game will be played in Late Era, like i wrote in the title.
    National Ideas are not final and are just there to give you an idea of what they are. The +25% gold start capital was pretty random.
    The game mode will be Hard/Hard as i have always used it and think its the best.
    The 2 hotseats i have hosted back in twcenter.net have both been with skipping turns, however it takes a lot of work to do it, so i prefer to start from turn 1/2.
    The victory conditions will be something like this: Control 40 regions + the amount of regions you own from the start of the hotseat.

Lastly, the mechanics Stability and Infamy will be shown in the first post about every faction. This will make it easier for me to check them and players to see as well. It will be interesting.

The ruleset will be mostly standard from twcenter.net. The important parts are that reloading is allowed and its auto-resolve against humans only. However if the majority opposes these rules, i will change them.

There will also be map pictures in the first post every 5 turns with no delay. The hotseats of this forum seems to lack them.

If you have more questions, please ask.
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 03-01-2012 at 11:09.

As stated on .com Im in :)

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Welcome to the Org and to the Throne Room @Húrin the Steadfast!

As I said over at the TWC I really like this idea and think it's somewhat similar in approach to our Glorious Achievements game in that it tries to create outcomes that are not like in a typical hotseat.

I particularly like the idea that you can be penalized if you go to war without a cassus belli.

You should find the guys here a good spice of innovative thinking to refine your ideas and get this game off the ground.

If you want a large group of players and don't find enough on one of the sites alone you could consider dual-hosting the game across both fora as TriforceV did with the Dual Alliances game.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another Estonian in here?!

Anyway, I'll be following this. Looks interesting.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Welcome Hurin!

This looks very interesting to me as well, but I do have a few questions/concerns.

Concerning nation stability:
    What do you mean by ai influence on cities?

What would you think of including number of regions controlled into this calculation? This would help represent the fact there there are significant problems associated with large empires.

What exactly would the penalties be? The console is pretty limited in what it can do really. You can change money, population, build buildings, and not much else in terms of cities. You can't change happiness levels or anything like that.
    Basically, I like the idea of stability, but I can't see how to actually implement it. I would love to hear your ideas on this though.

concerning Infamy:
    I personally don't like the thought of including mechanical things like this in player decisions of who they want to trust or not, as figuring that out and acting it out is a lot of the fun for me.

When you say other players will get bonuses for attacking a player with infamy, what do you mean by this exactly? Financial benefits?

That said, I like the idea of Casus Belli as it gets players thinking about what the purpose of their wars is.

One way I can conceive of implementing infamy would be in combination with prestige.

The way I am thinking, prestige would be this.
    The victory condition for achieving victory would be reaching a certain level of prestige. Lets say 100 prestige.
    You can gain prestige through a variety of actions, including things like.
    Capturing settlements.
    Controlling resources with merchants. (could get really interesting I think, making the "merchant sub game" actually come into play.
    Having vassals.
    Building high level governmental and/or religious buildings.
    Holding cities that hold religious significance. (Jerusalem for all, Constantinople for Orthodox, Mecca for Islamic, etc...)

Infamy would play into this by being a modifier on the level of prestige required. For example, if you have 3 infamy (on a 0-10 scale) it could subtract 30% from the amount of prestige you gain from any action.
    Alternatively, Infamy could give additional prestige points to players that capture cities or take resources from you.
    Stability could also be made into a prestige point modifier potentially.

I don't want to highjack you game though, I'm just throwing out ideas.

I also really like the concept of national ideas, and I think having a good variety of these with significant bonuses would be really fun. They could potentially play into the whole prestige thing as well, modifying the amount of points you get for certain types of actions. Making them secret choices by players could also be interesting.

Anyway, I am definitely interested, and would love to hear what you think of my ideas.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

So long as we are clear on the rules I'm game. Oh, and not getting negative impact for no Cassus Beli is too big of an advantage to be allowed at turn 1. I know I'd take it over any of the other options for sure. Provided we work out a system of how infamy is addressed diplomatically.

im in
    Last edited by Rougeman; 03-02-2012 at 10:26.

Nightbringer:

AI influence means which kind of effects does your settlements have, whether negative or positive. If a settlement has a lot more positive effects then negative, then it will influence the stability by a small amount. I am still thinking about that, how well that can be abused.

Adding number of regions controlled to the calculation is a good idea. I will implement that, however it will have a small impact on the stability.

The penalty effects on low stability would be financial. But also sometimes a small portion of units would be deleted due to low stability of your faction which would make the troops desert. Also reducing some population on some cities. These are only in the cases of very low stability though.

About infamy: It is not a matter of who you can trust or not, you can still make those decisions yourself. It is there to prevent factions landgrabbing too much too quickly and playing more carefully. The bonuses other factions will get are financial. For example, if you capture a certain settlement from the infamous player who has gone over the limit, you will get an amount of florins from it. Possibly even not need a casus belli to attack that faction.

I really like your idea of Prestige and will implement it like that with some added conditions. However not having vassals, as i believe that can be abused.

Infamy being a Prestige modifier is a good idea. However the scale will be like this:
    Everyone has 0/30 infamy at start. If you go over 30 the other faction bonuses comes into effect.

Stability will also be effected by Prestige and Prestige will be effected by Stability.

Anyway i believe i have enough together to create the hotseat including the rules. I will update the first post.

You can already start picking factions, as you know the mod is SS 6.4 so gogo.

Oh and by the way, if there are any artists out there, i would be glad for a large rectangular title screen. I cant offer you anything for it though, just putting it out there.
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 03-02-2012 at 09:21.

England

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Excellent!
    As far as vassals went, I was thinking along the lines of human players that agree to be vassals, never ai factions as I agree that that could be abused.

As for faction, I'll take the fatimid caliphate.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Okay finally edited the thread.

Please choose an idea too.

The modifiers of each mechanic might be changed without notice as there are a lot of factors.

Fatmid, dang NB took em...
    Moors

Diplomacy
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-02-2012 at 12:26.

I still need to read over everything but great work! Question on the start:

is this vanilla LATE SS 6.4 or is it EARLY SS 6.4 moved forward? Cause in the rules you have "The hotseat starts at turn 62, so you can attack other human factions at turn 64."

I haven't played much Late SS so I ned to take a look at the starting conditions, but I would probably take the Mongols or if they are not allowed, the Teutonic Order or the Crusader States. Honestly I can do wit a lot of factions either way. This game is just what we've been needing - something more refreshing, new and restricted on the total landgrab we usually get in a massive FFA hotseat.

I like the rules for the most part, but I think there could be a few modifications.

For one, I think the diplomatic national idea is far too strong.
    Since prestige points allow you to win the game, receiving 100% more is a huge boost.
    Also, the one's that are just starting bonuses are a little lackluster.

Here are a few ideas of mine.
    Imperial: Gain 100% prestige from all settlement captures and vassals.
    Mercantile: Gain 100% more prestige from merchant domination
    Centralized State: Gain an injection of cash every 3 tens equal to 10% of your treasury, * your stability. (dived by if stability = negative)
    Band of Brothers: Receive a full stack army with random quality in a random position of your territory.
    Propaganda: Reduce your Infamy gain by 50% from all modifiers.
    Diplomatic: Gain .1 prestige/turn for each ally. Lose no prestige from failing to join allies in war.
    Divine Intervention: Ability to make your faction immune to any military aggression from other human factions for 5 turns. Can be used in any point of the game for one time only.
    Organized: Suffers 75% less stability loss from stability penalties.

As to merchant domination, I think it might be easier to track if it simply is based on income from Merchants. Say, +.5 prestige for every 100 florins of merchant income, calculated every 3 turns. (I'm sticking with the 3 turn update you chose for the stability etc...)

Also, what exactly are the penalties for infamy now? And also, how do the prestige and infamy %s work in regards to Casus Beli.

Myth: Sorry i copied the rules from my other SS 6.4 hotseat and that part just was left in by accident. The game starts will probably start in turn 2 Late Era, not early.

Also, Mongols are not allowed.

Nightbringer: Prestige is not the only victory condition, however i will change it to something else.

I liked some of your suggestions on ideas, but i will not add them all.

I changed some ideas, if you want to change if you already picked, then post so.

By the way, you cannot gain prestige every 3 turns by the modifiers. The modifiers are there stationary. For example: If you have captured a settlement, you receive 1 prestige and thats it, not one time every 3 turns. Same with having a vassal or 2. Having 2 vassals only gains you 10 prestige, not 10 prestige every 3 turns.
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 03-02-2012 at 13:39.

If the Mongols are not allowed to be human will their stacks be disbanded? I don't want to play the CS and have my whole cosmos revolve around pushing back a Mongol tide that just crushed the AI K-Shah in late SS.

Also, why H/H and not VH/VH? VH battles give morale bonuses to the AI, which are much needed since flank-raping them is so easy.
    Last edited by Myth; 03-02-2012 at 14:08.

If mongols are Removed i might take the kwaz :)

- something more refreshing, new and restricted on the total landgrab we usually get in a massive FFA hotseat.
    But i like massive landgrabbing :O
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-02-2012 at 14:42.

Also, make it so that National Ideals are secret at the start of the game. Players have to observe what penalties/bonuses others get to figure them out. This is also to ensure that no one decides to reject alliances to a Diplomat or gang-rush an aggressive NI faction.

The Mongols power will be reduced. VH/VH will be used and National Ideas will be secret. Mithridate if you wish to change your idea, then PM me.

If someone objects to those things say so in this thread.
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 03-02-2012 at 15:27.

We really need some more people here though.

Alright, looks great, sending you my national idea choice. Also, a last couple basic questions.

For casus belli aggression, it says 100% prestige increase, 75% infamy increase. Am I correct that this means you gain 100% of the prestige points for taking settlements etc... from the faction you are attacking, and only 75% of the infamy points you would gain for doing. e.g., capturing a settlement from that faction would get you 1 prestige point, and .75 infamy points.

Also, you listed that "Assassins are only allowed to assassinate other agents in their own regions." Does this mean you are only allowed to target enemy agents that are within your borders? If so, I don't see why that needs to be the case.

Finally, we generally have used a rule at the .org that siege weapons can only be used to breach walls according to their type. Ballista can't break any walls, catapults and mongonels, may only break wooden walls, and trebuchets may break any walls. Do you want to use this rule. If not, no problem, I just wanted to clarify.

Edit:
    Oh, and when you use divine intervention, are you still allowed to take hostile actions against other factions?
    And on second thought, i am going to wait to choose my national idea till I see what the player base is, and what their faction choices are.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-02-2012 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Alright, looks great, sending you my national idea choice. Also, a last couple basic questions.

For casus belli aggression, it says 100% prestige increase, 75% infamy increase. Am I correct that this means you gain 100% of the prestige points for taking settlements etc... from the faction you are attacking, and only 75% of the infamy points you would gain for doing. e.g., capturing a settlement from that faction would get you 1 prestige point, and .75 infamy points.

Also, you listed that "Assassins are only allowed to assassinate other agents in their own regions." Does this mean you are only allowed to target enemy agents that are within your borders? If so, I don't see why that needs to be the case.

Finally, we generally have used a rule at the .org that siege weapons can only be used to breach walls according to their type. Ballista can't break any walls, catapults and mongonels, may only break wooden walls, and trebuchets may break any walls. Do you want to use this rule. If not, no problem, I just wanted to clarify.

Edit:
    Oh, and when you use divine intervention, are you still allowed to take hostile actions against other factions?
    And on second thought, i am going to wait to choose my national idea till I see what the player base is, and what their faction choices are.
    Yes, although those terms apply only if you fill out the conditions. If you fail to do so, you receive negative benefits. Less prestige gain and more infamy gain.

Yes

I dont like the siege weapon rule, i prefer players can use whatever they want.

When you activate Divine Intervention you are not allowed to attack human factions for the duration that they are not allowed to attack you too, aka 5 turns.

By the way, if you people want your ideas to be secret, you need to PM me the choice or it will still be public.
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 03-02-2012 at 20:06.

gah, double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-02-2012 at 20:10.

Okay. Just out of curiosity, why are assassinations only allowed within your own borders?

Also, @Zim, @phonicsmonkey, @Cecil XIX, @Ignoramus, @The King

This game seems up your ally, interested?
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-02-2012 at 20:10.

I have always used that and there has not been a problem. Just a preference of playstyle i guess.

Ballistae can't open anytying in SS. Also in SS Mangonels are Tier 3 siege weapons like Trebuchets, not Tier 2 (unlike the Teutonics expansion). I'm on from my phone, i'll make my faction and NI choices on Sunday. I don't like spies being allowed to open doors when loading is allowed. What is to stop me from making 2 then loading untill the doors swing open and i get to assault?

Ballistae can't open anytying in SS. Also in SS Mangonels are Tier 3 siege weapons like Trebuchets, not Tier 2 (unlike the Teutonics expansion). I'm on from my phone, i'll make my faction and NI choices on Sunday. I don't like spies being allowed to open doors when loading is allowed. What is to stop me from making 2 then loading untill the doors swing open and i get to assault?
    Well nothing but others can use that against you as well. This was the best choice out of all i believe.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post

Also, phonicsmonkey

This game seems up your ally, interested?
    I am interested but I have decided I'm not going to be able to join for two reasons. Firstly I'm already in two large and two small hotseats as well as the LotD RPG so I'm really over my personal limit of games right now. Also I can't reliably play within 24 hours due to work and family commitments as well as the timezone I'm in.

So while I find this idea really interesting I'm going to have to stay on the sidelines.

@Húrin the Steadfast didn't you have some guys at TWC who were interested too? (Three over there now I count them, which makes seven in total, eight including yourself)

Why don't you set up a thread at each forum and share the game across both? The save can be passed from one to the other when necessary. This is what I meant earlier by dual hosting.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 03-03-2012 at 05:00.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast