Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

ok the save will be up by tomorrow evening

EDIT:

Sorry guys won't be able to play this turn, you can skip me

@Húrin the Steadfast
    Last edited by freakkriek; 07-15-2012 at 19:33.

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

England up @Rougeman.
    Attached Files Attached Files

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

@Mithridate

Lot to type, will make it proper after sleep but heres the rundown

War declared on england under imperialism, we betray an alliance in doing so. Took a castle with spies.
    the reason sounds like going under agression tho^^: Agression, the irish, scottish and french all cry out for help against this most agressive conqueror attacking them without cause. Their land must be protected and we thereby lay claim to them from the english, we will lead them into an era of freedom and prosperity!

The scottish prince have betrayed his father and is under siege by us, they will become our protectorate once he is dealth with as his father wish. England must back down from ireland and scotland alike whom will beu nder our rule. France whom is not under HRE rule must as well (caen and rennes the westernmost town are to be ours) Wales are happy with england for some reason, or they hate us enough.

As we followed the ravings of the late caliph we where touched at the opresseds suffering and can not obide any longer.
    We ask the most honorable HRE to stay out of the war despite being englands ally, we and the many opressed nations would be in your debt.

-minswar caliph of the moors

@LooseCannon1 @Húrin the Steadfast
    Screens to come, one siege and spies pics
    Last edited by Mithridate; 07-21-2012 at 06:41.

Reminder @LooseCannon1.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

I skipped Sicily, because he hasnt been online in a month and refused to respond to any of my messages. Ingame i sided with Moors in Moorish-English war, because i couldnt end the turn without picking a side. The side pick does not mean anything, anyone could still side with England instead. Therefore Sicily position is now open.

Egypt up @Nightbringer.

That sux...

I hope the new player approves of previous dealings, when we have one :)

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Lot to type, will make it proper after sleep but heres the rundown

War declared on england under imperialism, we betray an alliance in doing so. Took a castle with spies.
    the reason sounds like going under agression tho^^: Agression, the irish, scottish and french all cry out for help against this most agressive conqueror attacking them without cause. Their land must be protected and we thereby lay claim to them from the english, we will lead them into an era of freedom and prosperity!

The scottish prince have betrayed his father and is under siege by us, they will become our protectorate once he is dealth with as his father wish. England must back down from ireland and scotland alike whom will beu nder our rule. France whom is not under HRE rule must as well (caen and rennes the westernmost town are to be ours) Wales are happy with england for some reason, or they hate us enough.

As we followed the ravings of the late caliph we where touched at the opresseds suffering and can not obide any longer.
    We ask the most honorable HRE to stay out of the war despite being englands ally, we and the many opressed nations would be in your debt.

-minswar caliph of the moors

LooseCannon1 Húrin the Steadfast
    Screens to come, one siege and spies pics
    actually, my king, Henry III, was called by the Irish King to quell the rebellion in connaught, in return he would become his loyal vassal.

and why call us oppressors of the french? you have invaded france, portugal, castille and aragon, all these people(french, portuguese, castillian and catalan) are being forced to convert, and you call us agressors? perhaps the crusades were called on the wrong place?

to my allies the Italians (Sicily) and Germans (HRE) help us in this agressive war, and we ask the people of the east in the holy land if they want the opportunity of lands to conquor, because the moors look like a ripe target with them concentrating on England

Man, i cant believe you attacked me, even though i half-expected you to attack, i thought my alliance with the HRE would detter you, now i have to delay my attack on norway.
    Last edited by Rougeman; 07-30-2012 at 08:39.

The Crusader States diplomat had returned to the grand meeting hall following his abrupt exit some days ago. He rubbed the stubble on his chin and regarded the two quarrelling men. His tabard was a white cross on black cloth. One elderly scholar had remarked it resembled the robes of a priest of Saturn, and that had not amused the Hospitallier knight over-much.

" 'Twas necessary a century ago when the Seljuks harassed our pilgrims. They are reduced to a fledgling state now, and the Fatamid Caliph is a man of honour and culture. He shan't harm Christian believers nor impede trade in the region. I see the Moors of Africa follow the way of Jihad, and that causes more and more of our sworn brothers to fret over their homelands and their families. We have Franks and Enlgish, Burgundians and Bavarians, Danes and Venetians. All manner of European folk has joined our ranks, and now news from our ancestral lands causes them to be torn between their duty to the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the Principality of Antioch and their desire to see to the safety of kin left behind in their father's castles and manors in Europe."

You forget that we co-existed in Iberia with the Christians, that they where the ones who broke the peace with their "Reconquista". After having put them down and instilled order never before seen in the Lands of Iberia whom have been at civil war since ancient times. As to the Irish, one or both of us have clearly been deceived! But to say they are willful subjects when half of ireland had to be conquered by arms seem unlikely as even the supposed irish royal line have "dissapeared".

We ask the HRE to stay out of this war, support your enemy as perhaps obliged but do not bring your armies to our borders for we have no quarrel with you sons of the great roman empire!
    We are glad to see that noble Sicily honored their word to be our allies, but surprised to see that they had allied with the English whilst having been informed that a war with the English was a risk...

Lastly, if there where to be holy war... Our armies would number in the many tens of thousands, not a few thousand!
    Last edited by Mithridate; 07-30-2012 at 10:28.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

The Caliph has little interest in such petty wars, and declares his neutrality in the struggle. If the Crusader states take part, such is their choice. However, if any action taken by any Western power threatens the interests of the Ayyubid Caliphate, then our wrath shall be most fearsome.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

You forget that we co-existed in Iberia with the Christians, that they where the ones who broke the peace with their "Reconquista". After having put them down and instilled order never before seen in the Lands of Iberia whom have been at civil war since ancient times. As to the Irish, one or both of us have clearly been deceived! But to say they are willful subjects when half of ireland had to be conquered by arms seem unlikely as even the supposed irish royal line have "dissapeared".

We ask the HRE to stay out of this war, support your enemy as perhaps obliged but do not bring your armies to our borders for we have no quarrel with you sons of the great roman empire!
    We are glad to see that noble Sicily honored their word to be our allies, but surprised to see that they had allied with the English whilst having been informed that a war with the English was a risk...

Lastly, if there where to be holy war... Our armies would number in the many tens of thousands, not a few thousand!
    you also forget that the reconquista only began because your people a few centuries ago had conquored iberia and southern france, and infact the christians were the defenders, they were only recapturing what was captured long ago.

The rebellion was lead by one of the King's brothers, although he had much support from the knights and nobility, the people had not cared for what would happen, so long as they are not killed or robbed. The king had unfortunatly been assasinated, and the crown went to my lord so as to keep order in ireland, instead of another civil war erupting

also you wish for the HRE to not join, yet you know that we have a military alliance? do you now know what that means my enemy? i hope you do, for i do not want to explain to you myself.

at the very least you will lose prestige amongst the nobility of europe and look like a tyrant, and to the east, if you want to keep your neutrality, then i will not try to convince you, i am sure you have more importent matters, but if these moorish invaders were to successfully destroy the English Crown us, then the majority of europe will be under them, and they will be all the more harder to fight.

The moors cannot be held responsible for the Umayyads and their predecessors conquest and we always tried to obtain peace and prosperity, to then claim reconquest hundreds of years later when a vast majority of the populace where devout Muslims is nothing short of an excuse for war. As for the situation in ireland it must be said that the death must have been... most beneficial for you, no wonder so many have approached us not to mention Scotland still!

More important matters? Than the war with England and the relations with the rest of christian Europe? Dont be silly!
    We have little desire in england itself but those oppressed must be liberated. Not to mention that the lost holy relic need to be found at any cost...

Both the HRE and Sicily have been promised peace under the heavens, no moor will ever raise their weapons against them unless they take up arms against us and they gave their promises as well. Nothing binds them not to aid you, but never with force of arms if they intend to honor their word. The same is granted to them, no man can say the moors does not honor promises!
    Last edited by Mithridate; 07-30-2012 at 13:07.

"These are all fine words, but I have heard of no Muslim relics placed in Ireland. The conflict between Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales is older than your presence in Europe. If the English have united the isles under their rule yours is no place to meddle in such affairs. Or should we go and aid the Nubian tribes who used to inhabit your African holdings? Or perhaps the oppressed nations of Portugal, Leon, Castille and Aragorn? One can always find pretext to invade, and yours seems to be made of straw. You are asking no one to attack your eastern front so you can wage a single-minded war, but what will your promises hold once England falls, should it come to that? Would you perhaps go liberating the Swiss or restoring the Eastern Roman Empire? Or would you go seeking holy relics in Jerusalem?"

The knight seems both amused and serious as he replies, while he seats himself on the large table and waves to a servant who holds a tray with beverages.

The swizz? You mean the frankish tribes that squabbled with eachother untill they peacefully merged with what would become the HRE? They have told us naugh, neither would we be able to help them due to our promise of peace under allah. The muslims in sicily are treated well and even if evicted we would be bound by our oath.

The Numidians are no more so the key word would be "used to" unless you reffer to the depths of africa... The Tunisian regions are at a state of constant civil war however. They change rulers from time to time but remain as part of our caliphate and fight as our brothers when called upon. Attacking them would surely enrage your fatmid friends though, seeing how they established them!

As you say they fight over old wounds, wounds caused by Norsemen of old! We can end this strife and bring peace and prosperity as we have... The english do naught but build castles and wage wars as they oppress their people. If you desire pretext for invasion, you need not seek further than the cross brave but misguided knight.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    phew, took a bit of googline xD

EU_ENG_T17.rar

@Rougeman

After the discussion between the Moorish dignitary, English lord and the Templar, the Snake rises from the tabel and starts speaking

First of all, I'd like to note that the likelyhood that Moorish relics found themselves lost so far North seems highly unlikely. I can however understand the grieve you may feel when you think about those relics held in Christian hands.

Secondly, I would like to note that a serious clash between Christiandom and Islam can't really be found here since the Kingdom of England has found themselves excommunicated by removing the French people from the face of the earth. We however acknowledge that we ourselves have had a hand in the French defeat and will never forget the appreciated English help our Empire recieved.
    The alliance with the Moorish people in our eyes has run his best course.

Thirdly, we would like to open a discussion between our christian brothers to decide how we should act on these Islamic progress into central Europe.

Next to the pressing subject i'd like to discuss the future of Italy. Since the King of Sicily has lost his mind, even his most loyal subjects call him "absent minded", the HRE retracts his protection and will take it upon themselves to bring Italy under their control. (Out of charac: Dallor won't be playing anytime soon, frankly i propose to turn him AI). The Fate of Rome can be discussed between us, so propositions are open.

To conclude this speach i would like to ask the Egyptian Caliph after their intentions, my kaiser had clearly stated that Hungarian territories would be German territories. At that moment no one declared they had problems with those plans however (after a period of inactivity i admit) when my spies returned to my War council they informed me of a great Egyptian expansion in Northern Direction EVEN reaching to Belgrade.
    Last edited by freakkriek; 07-31-2012 at 21:02.

i need an extra 24 hours from now, sorry for the delay
    Last edited by Rougeman; 08-02-2012 at 15:31.

Fadi speaks
    Had they been declared German? Well, it matters little as Hungarian lands are already held by the Ayyubids after their declaration of war upon us. We had no choice but to defend ourselves after all? Surely with your rich spoils in French, and more Northern parts you do not lack land. Additionally, if the Empire is moving into Italy to "maintain order," the Ayyubids too will have to secure the safety of the many Muslims who live in hiding throughout Southern Italy.

Italy is firmly in the sphere of interest of the Ayyubids, and it is our belief that central and parts of northern Italy should be under the control of the Crusader states, who alone are capable of giving the pope the respect he deserves.

OOC: I would like to wait another turn before we all eat Sicily if possible in case we get a new player for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Fadi speaks
    OOC: I would like to wait another turn before we all eat Sicily if possible in case we get a new player for them.
    Agreed, or I as a close ally to them could sub and hopefully make it hard for you ;)

Agreed, or I as a close ally to them could sub and hopefully make it hard for you ;)
    Yes, subbing for at least a turn for the time being, although its hard to say who should do it. Maybe novgorod would be neutral and that might be better? @LooseCannon1

I think its better for me to sub as a neigbouring and steadfast ally, but as long as he aint AI :)
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 08-03-2012 at 21:42.

@Nightbringer you might've edited mithridate's post

@Mithridate you're up

woops double post
    Last edited by Rougeman; 08-03-2012 at 13:14.

But he is also allied with your new enemies. We can't really know whether he would have sided with you or england given the situation.
    Damn you NH editing my post!!! xD ( is it not better to make a new post? )

He is not, and the plan was long since shared with him on a personal level... we´ve made plenty deals^^
    But ofc, the seemingly honest guy COULD still have betrayed me.

The plan was however to invade several turns ago, but i grew unsure
    and allied him a few turns instead before making up my mind to go through with it.

3 regions taken, 3 land battles and 2 sea battles won

@LooseCannon1
    Last edited by Mithridate; 08-03-2012 at 15:15.

OOC:
    just recieved message from Dallor he will return this saturday to his home. Then he won't move the rest of the holliday so he could re control Sicily.
    And Since we had a pretty close alliance in the game I would support This or let Mithrate take Sicily under his control

Darn edit button is right next to the reply button! Sorry about that myth. I'll get used to this in time you guys, I promise.

But he is also allied with your new enemies. We can't really know whether he would have sided with you or england given the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by freakkriek View Post
    OOC:
    just recieved message from Dallor he will return this saturday to his home. Then he won't move the rest of the holliday so he could re control Sicily.
    And Since we had a pretty close alliance in the game I would support This or let Mithrate take Sicily under his control
    Excellent, looks like we will have him back then!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast