Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

sry guys, for being so late. Usually Mithridate is so kind to warn me on twc when i am up on the org.
    I'll have the save up as soon as possible, let's get this game going again.

@Nightbringer so please notify me when he is up and ill forward it

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

np, although now that i am aware i can start doing it on the .net as well.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Sorry for the immense delay, it won't happen again.

Firstly,
    The German kaiser has seen it fit to declare war on his former ally "The Kingdom of Sicily". It isn't a war of Conquest but one of Reconquest (for the prestige and ifnamy settings), the city of Venice yearns to be free from the Sicilian oppression. The German Kaiser only wants the Northern cities in order to protect the beloved Bologna, birthplace of our heir. When Genua and Venice are conquered the HRE will see no reason to ever again go to war with Sicily.

Secondly,
    After years of haressments by the egyptians, The Kaiser has seen it fit to go to war! The placement of a fort inside german territories was an insult that no true german could bare. A war of Reconquest has been called (Zagreb) in this war. A fort is under siege and one has already been taken. The German armies are marching towards their worthy opponents. Peace can be signed when The egyptians turn over the Hungarian territories that should have been German. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	7853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	430.2 KB 
ID:	7854

Thirdly,
    The Kaiser send message to all rulers to look upon the world and might of the Egyptians and Crusaders. If their rise isn't stopped now they will be the rulers of this known world.

PS:
    A question about the rules, does the "attacked" player has to call a war-cause as well or not untill he conquers some territories of the attacker??

England up
    @Rougeman
    EU_ENG_21.rar
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 11-19-2012 at 11:07.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Eh, a fort in your territory? I don't think there was one, or maybe it was left over from a while back. In any case, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield. After years of attempts to negotiate a peaceful trade with you, your true colors are shown in this unprovoked attack. While my nation is indeed great, all would do well to realize that it was not I, but the Kaizer who began this war.

As to the rules, I would say a war cause is necessary only once you are taking territory that your opponent started the war with, not for defending or retaking your own lost settlements.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 11-19-2012 at 22:02.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

In light of recent events it is clear to the The Sovereign Military and Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem, of the ranks of which we have formed our ruling nobility, that the Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire has been taken with an ilness of the mind and must be forcefully removed from his throne of evil, in order to prevent the plunging of the german realm and the devout and pious catholic peoples of central Europe into heresy and misconduct. As such, we shall sail from the Levant and liberate Rome and other European holdings, as well as aid our most stout ally - the Caliph of the Fatamid Empire.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Thus my stance is made clear
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quite beautiful, dont like the video much im afraid
    Ask not the sun why she sets Why she shrouds her light away Or why she hides her glowing gaze, When night turns crimson gold to grey, For silent falls the guilty sun As day to dark does turn, One simple truth she dare not speak: Her light can only blind and burn, No mercy for the guilty Bring down their lying sun, Blood so silver black by night, Upon their faces pale white Cruel moon, bring the end The dawn will never rise again

The sun will back down, leashing its puppet for the night only responds to obvious aggressions, a peaceful solution is desired but should you strike the night together, you will be met by Moorish forces. The night is asked to cease its follies against the Italians, brothers of faith against the threat of the east.

Peace is sought for, but we shall not hesitate to bear arms to keep the status quo when the East is rising and seeking to devour the West.
    Last edited by Mithridate; 11-19-2012 at 12:07.

The Fatamid Sultan deems himself a new prophet perhaps? The Holy Kingdom of Jerusalem and Principality of Antioch cannot be questioned by the likes of you. Defending the mad Emperor from his own folly shows your true intent on securing lands in Europe.

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freakkriek View Post
    Sorry for the immense delay, it won't happen again.

Firstly,
    The German kaiser has seen it fit to declare war on his former ally "The Kingdom of Sicily". It isn't a war of Conquest but one of Reconquest (for the prestige and ifnamy settings), the city of Venice yearns to be free from the Sicilian oppression. The German Kaiser only wants the Northern cities in order to protect the beloved Bologna, birthplace of our heir. When Genua and Venice are conquered the HRE will see no reason to ever again go to war with Sicily.

Secondly,
    After years of haressments by the egyptians, The Kaiser has seen it fit to go to war! The placement of a fort inside german territories was an insult that no true german could bare. A war of Reconquest has been called (Zagreb) in this war. A fort is under siege and one has already been taken. The German armies are marching towards their worthy opponents. Peace can be signed when The egyptians turn over the Hungarian territories that should have been German. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	7853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	430.2 KB 
ID:	7854

Thirdly,
    The Kaiser send message to all rulers to look upon the world and might of the Egyptians and Crusaders. If their rise isn't stopped now they will be the rulers of this known world.

PS:
    A question about the rules, does the "attacked" player has to call a war-cause as well or not untill he conquers some territories of the attacker??

England up
    @Rougeman
    EU_ENG_21.rar
    No, the defender does does not need and cannot call a war being the defender.
    Defender: If the attacked player wins the war, these modifiers apply: 50% Infamy, 100% Prestige for: Everything, unless "Reconquest" settlements are taken, in which case Infamy hit is still 0%.
    Example: Capturing a settlement would give you 0.5 infamy instead of 1.0.

Added to first post.

EDIT: National Ideas also sent to Nightbringer now. He will need them, since he is now administrating this hotseat.
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 11-19-2012 at 13:17.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I don't think there was one, or maybe ti was left over from a while back. In any case, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield. After years of attempts to negotiate a peaceful trade with you, your true colors are shown in this unprovoked attack. While my nation is indeed great, all would do well to realize that it was not I, but the Kaizer who began this war.
    It was a new fort placed and constructed by you in my territories, within one trebuchet on marching distance of one of my castles. Then you place two other forts at our borders one with again trebuchets and on containing a full army. What else could the kaiser have done? And a sum of some thousands can not be considered a "true" trade proposal for the only fortress in the region. In all your latest movements and actions a desire to invade our lands was apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    In light of recent events it is clear to the The Sovereign Military and Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem, of the ranks of which we have formed our ruling nobility, that the Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire has been taken with an ilness of the mind and must be forcefully removed from his throne of evil, in order to prevent the plunging of the german realm and the devout and pious catholic peoples of central Europe into heresy and misconduct. As such, we shall sail from the Levant and liberate Rome and other European holdings, as well as aid our most stout ally - the Caliph of the Fatamid Empire.
    I am just a humble and apparently "mad" Kaiser but would you mind explaining this simple king why "in order to protect the pious German people" it is necessary for the Crusaders to invade Rome? Or will it be given back to the Pope? Speak frank and be true about your intentions, You were waiting for any excuse to jump on Italy, my Kaiser saw this and in order to "help" Sicily (granted it was an bizarre move) I attacked them, destroying our alliance so giving you no real cause to attack them. So now the masks have finally dropped.... If the King of Sicily reads this may he see this as a signed peace treaty, trade rights and an acceptance of his last question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Thus my stance is made clear

The sun will back down, leashing its puppet for the night only responds to obvious aggressions, a peaceful solution is desired but should you strike the night together, you will be met by Moorish forces. The night is asked to cease its follies against the Italians, brothers of faith against the threat of the east.
    So as my ruse has succeeded no need is necessary for the night to fall upon the Italian people, United the West will destroy the East.

PS: Myth => "The Fatamid Sultan deems himself a new prophet perhaps? The Holy Kingdom of Jerusalem and Principality of Antioch cannot be questioned by the likes of you. Defending the mad Emperor from his own folly shows your true intent on securing lands in Europe. "
    Me: *chuckle* This only shows how christians see muslims, as one big group... tsss :-)
    Last edited by freakkriek; 11-19-2012 at 22:10.

I meant Moorish but I was thinking of the Fatamids so... Hey I do make a difference, I'm playing the Moors in CoG!2

(OOC) Hmm,are you sure you didn't just spot those forts now? I'm pretty sure I actually moved my main body of men further from Kassa this turn, plus I had thought you would simply ask for more money. That was always just an initial offer. Doesn't really matter though, and this war should be good fun.

Hah, a paltry sum of cash for the only fortress in the region? Lies! The Sultan had graciously offered to return Zagreb to you, in addition to a significant sum of coins. Furthermore, he had made it clear that he was open to modifying the deal if it was not satisfactory to the Emperor. But no, your Emperor lashes out without warning, flailing like a madman. You do not even do so with a declaration of war, but simply by attacking our forces that were marching North.

We spit on your Emperor, and will entertain no pleas for peace until he is either dead or replaced. Even if your people moan as one for respite from our victorious forces, we shall not grant it for we can have no safety when such a madman sits the throne.

Other great nations, can you not see that this man is simply insane? He attacks his neighbors without provocation, or even sensible reason! Just as he has struck us, and the innocent Sicilians, so may he strike you as his madness drives him on without direction or regard for diplomacy or justice.

I thank the enlightened Crusaders for their promise of assistance, and look forward to fighting by their side.

As to the Moors, I am saddened to hear that you turn on your brothers for no reason at all. My people are quite innocent in all of this, and you have no need to spill the blood of any of yours in such a war.

My eyes turn now to the stout men of the North. I know you are friends with this mad emperor, but I hope you can also see that the Sultan has sought only peace, and make friendly moves towards you. I hope that you will see wisdom and remain neutral in this conflict.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 11-19-2012 at 22:19.

Hah, a paltry sum of cash for the only fortress in the region? Lies! The Sultan had graciously offered to return Zagreb to you, in addition to a significant sum of coins. Furthermore, he had made it clear that he was open to modifying the deal if it was not satisfactory to the Emperor. But no, your Emperor lashes out without warning, flailing like a madman. You do not even do so with a declaration of war, but simply by attacking our forces that were marching North.
    Your "generous" offer was rejected, your marching on his land a clear act of agression... one of war in itself! You have brought this upon yourself and you will be the one to back down in order for a peaceful solution to be found where you keep your land and peace reigns supreme.

Seeing how you show little to no respect for life, this is unlikely without us bringing you to your knees first
    Other great nations, can you not see that this man is simply insane? He attacks his neighbors without provocation, or even sensible reason! Just as he has struck us, and the innocent Sicilians, so may he strike you as his madness drives him on without direction or regard for diplomacy or justice.
    Attacking the Sicilians was a ruthless and clever ploy to draw out the Crusaders, there has long been tension between the two but with our influence, we shall hopefully find peace and a proper arrangement with lasting friendship be found.
    As to the Moors, I am saddened to hear that you turn on your brothers for no reason at all. My people are quite innocent in all of this, and you have no need to spill the blood of any of yours in such a war.
    We ask but one thing for us to back down, as our spies have kept us well informed about your doing in hungary and acts of agression towards the night

Your innocence, Prove it
    For we have much evidence of your guilt
    My eyes turn now to the stout men of the North. I know you are friends with this mad emperor, but I hope you can also see that the Sultan has sought only peace, and make friendly moves towards you. I hope that you will see wisdom and remain neutral in this conflict.
    The distant north is asked to ignore the vipers words, Sicily is vulnerable and the HRE much outnumbered. They need both of our aids to stand, aid both of us together can grant while leading our own peoples into an age of trade and prosperity!

While joining them, will only lead to massive casualties on either side as we all devote our full power to war...
    Last edited by Mithridate; 11-20-2012 at 07:19.

I shall make my intentions clear and offer one last chance for peace. We are willing to ignore the vicious killing of those men of ours already lost, and re-enter negotiations without any further action. Clearly the deal has been rejected, but you did not inform us of such, and we would be glad to make a new offer. However, if that is not agreeable to you then we shall remain content with our current borders.

Our so called aggression was never directed at the Empire, but only at its own traitorous offshoots the Poles, and the universally despised Lithuanians. If any troops were spotted near the border it is simply because they were marching north to join the war there. A war which benefited the empire as it was against there own foes. Our forces have remained watchful on the border this is true, but no more so than those of the Empire, and only as defense against that treachery which they have now pulled.

So what say you, will you accept peace? You have lost nothing, and as you claim your only fear is our attack, you can prevent it by accepting. There is no need for any further bloodshed. If you refuse again then it will be clear that you truly are mad, but if not we can forgive your actions as a momentary spasm.

So he takes the guise of a peace loving man extending a hand of peace after having broken a nail to the cornered bear,
    then uses a sticks to beat and goad it into attacking him in full xD

Yea, lets see what happens and if people blame the man with the stick or the bear
    If you truly wish to negotiate, perhaps you should offer something but slights?

The moors offer compensation to Sicily for any harm done by the night, our voice in negotiating peace and our support should arms be raised in unison against the east. Any deal made between you two shall be enforced by us as insurance that it is kept, for peace and stability as you grow.

Make no mistake, we do this as much for you as our own sake
    Last edited by Mithridate; 11-20-2012 at 10:50.

What exactly should I offer Moor? I am willing to entertain suggestions.

Offer me some lands, some money perhaps and ill gladly counsel you in these... most unfortunate times ^^

Hah! Lands? Money? for what reason? You reveal your intentions scum, you seek only plunder or extortion. If you sought peace, as I do, you would not make such laughable suggestions. The same can be said to the Empire, if they demand land or money for peace.

meanwhile the English king is still camping in an Irish forest...

Moors @Mithridate
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rougeman; 11-20-2012 at 12:29.

Moorish Sultan, perhaps you have partaken in opiates and overindulged with sweets and meats? You sound like a fishwife bickering for coppers and not at all like a magnanimous leader of an empire. Were we not so cultured, a crusade to remove your blight for Europe would have been launched. Know that the Crusader States jump at the defence of the Fatamid Caliphate, not no save Sicilly which as you should remember, was never truly favoured in the court of Jerusalem.

Should the Holy Roman Empire concede defeat, we shall seek no further war upon them. Should you stay your sword, you will likewise feel no wrath. If not, then you must prepare to defend both your borders and your honour.

Ah, brash and rude as always. You crusaders never disappoint!
    It will be glorious to meet and defeat you in battle, our swords are already drawn in response to your aggressions

Call it the bickering of a fishwife you whom claim to honor, know that we have made our intent clear, always having done so and shall punish you for your insolence

Novgorod

Pm sent on TWC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mithridate; 11-20-2012 at 14:22.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Oh, goody. We got a war going on.

You have not seen aggression from us and shall not, as you possess nothing which we claim our own. If you land forces in Sicilly or Itally however, then it will become clear that you wish to simply grab a foothold in southern Europe and then you will be considered an invader and a threat.

If peace should be signed this is what the Kaiser proposes:

Option 1) The balkan and Egyptian lands bordering German Territories should be gifted to the Crusaders. Because even so the king has been called a fool and a deranged man yet he still feels sympathy for his fellow christians. Christians should not have to beg for a place to live (Ragusa) where they are forced to placed stacks of units just waiting for the approval of their overlord to cross the Adriatic Sea and spill fellow christians blood.

Option 2) A demilitarised balkan.. both German and Egyptian troops will leave as few as possible troops there, enough to maintain order but no more. When campaigns to the Polish or Lithuanians are planned obviously troops shall be necessary but shall only be allowed on those territories. The Crusaders will have to get some territories from the most gracious Caliph so they can expand in the direction of their chosing.

Regardless of which option the Egyptian Caliph prefers, the Kaiser feels that the safety of Sicily is a priority wich means the Crusaders must find a place of their own. May it be Africa, the balkans, The Black sea,.... or the history books

Now that is a proper proposition Nightbringer
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Mithridate; 11-20-2012 at 17:22.

Your characterization of the Crusaders is most unjust. We have given them lands aplenty in the Holy lands, and were already planning on handing over many of our western territories to their control. I would be glad to have them hold the border between us and you. This was already started with their capture of Ragusa, and the proposed trade would have allowed us to finish this border with them being given control of Kassa and Belgrade.

However, your invasion of Italy is most unjust, and the Sultan is determined to support his friends the Crusader states in their military response to your actions there.

So there you have it, sign peace now, and withhold your invasion of Italy, and the Crusader States shall indeed inherit all the lands that form the border between us. In fact, since we seem to agree that this would be a wise proposal, you may contribute to creating it as well, by handing some of your border regions to these devout Christians. You hand over Kassa to them, and we shall turn over Zagreb and Belgrade to their control.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Or you could give the disputed lands to the peaceful Merchant Republic of United Russia. We would maintain the peace.

Crusaders up

I see the Kaiser and the Moorish Sultan wish to play us for fools? Loyal Christians have reported a Moorish army advancing on Rome and that Pisa has already fallen under Moorish occupation. The Kaiser keeps quiet and distracts us, while Italy has already been divided between him and his Moorsih allies! We shall not stand for this. The Crusader States have taken upon the liberation of Italy and we shall not cease until Rome is no longer under threat by either heathens or heretics! If the Kaiser wishes to see his borders secure, he must first explain why he did not send word of the Moorish actions on European soil.

Sicilly is up though I don't think the faction will last and perhaps setting it as AI would be best? I am willing to return Bari to the Sicillian player if mutual understanding can be reached trough diplomacy.

I will give 24 hours for someone to claim it if they wish, then I'll set it to ai. Being attacked by three empires at once doesn't give it great odds.

Sicily is @Rougeman Sending him a PM on TWC

The moors are friends of Sicily, we will not enter any fighting between the HRE and Sicilians but any crusaders or Fatmid forces will be dealt with.
    We shall find a peaceful solution to this... misunderstanding between the HRE and Sicilians, something we have made clear

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast