Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

@Nightbringer

i believe the crusaders are a bit confused, the Moor's assistance was asked for by the King of Italy, since the Anti-Pope had taken it from us, he has been killed and it has been arranged for Pisa to be returned to Italian Control, however i ask the Crusaders to give back control of Bari to the King of Italy and sign a peace.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rougeman; 11-23-2012 at 08:31.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Well, what say you @freakkriek? do you accept my offer?
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 11-23-2012 at 09:09.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

We had thought that Italy had succumbed to anarchy and that the Moors had began plundering European lands. When we see Pisa returned into Sicillian hands we will of course relinquish the fortress of Bari and end this misunderstanding. We request however, that Sicilly returns Rome to the Papacy, as that unlawful occupation of the Holy city is beyond absurd.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Does the Pope need land to spread the will of God?

Tsk, brink of war and demands are still placed after having been repeatedly in the wrong

To argue from a position of power, you actually need power or... well, some leverage
    You have none, so how about ending this folly now before there is proper bloodshed?

The moors stand with sicily, the moors shall fight on the behalf of the HRE

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Tsk, brink of war and demands are still placed after having been repeatedly in the wrong

To argue from a position of power, you actually need power or... well, some leverage
    You have none, so how about ending this folly now before there is proper bloodshed?

The moors stand with sicily, the moors shall fight on the behalf of the HRE
    The Moors shall be slaughtered.

Now thats more like it, a true crusader!

We shall meet in glorious battle

The Kaiser has no intention to be known througout the world as a mad warmongering fool. However giving up a key military structure for gaining a fragile peace with the Caliph while it will place the Crusaders at his borders, who keep having agitated speaches towards the Kaisers Moorish and Italian friends, has no point. If the world politics stay the same the Kaiser has no other options then to keep fighting this just war.

The Italians, having a new King elected recently, will receive Crusader support and Bari will be returned to them, repaired of all damage our storming the walls may have caused. This will be done once no Moorish foot is upon the Italian Peninsula - It is enough that they have overtaken Iberia and England.

Also, we request that the new King of Sicilly shows himself worthy of such support, by returning Rome to His Holiness the Pope. Only then will we know that Catholicism is not threatened. Kaiser, you must not fear the Crusader States, you would do better to embrace us as friends. When the Moorish Caliph runs out of land to conquer, you may yet fall upon our Kingdom and the vast resources of our good friend the Fatamid Calihph for support. Also, I wish it to be known that the Fatamid Caliph is a just and wise man, and he has not intended for Europe to be plunged into a forceful conversion to Islam and has never made claims for territories west of the Dalmatian coast. As such, trust may be bestowed freely upon him, unlike with our Moorish friend who slaughters yet another Cathoilc peoples in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    The Italians, having a new King elected recently, will receive Crusader support and Bari will be returned to them, repaired of all damage our storming the walls may have caused. This will be done once no Moorish foot is upon the Italian Peninsula - It is enough that they have overtaken Iberia and England.
    You do not make demands of us, the notion is both laughable and highly offensive. It is clear to us that you seek war and only war...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Also, we request that the new King of Sicilly shows himself worthy of such support, by returning Rome to His Holiness the Pope. Only then will we know that Catholicism is not threatened. Kaiser, you must not fear the Crusader States, you would do better to embrace us as friends. When the Moorish Caliph runs out of land to conquer, you may yet fall upon our Kingdom and the vast resources of our good friend the Fatamid Calihph for support. Also, I wish it to be known that the Fatamid Caliph is a just and wise man, and he has not intended for Europe to be plunged into a forceful conversion to Islam and has never made claims for territories west of the Dalmatian coast. As such, trust may be bestowed freely upon him, unlike with our Moorish friend who slaughters yet another Cathoilc peoples in the west.
    The pope is dead, long live the new pope! Truly it is sad when those whom acclaim themselves warriors of the faith are so misinformed. Unlike you, Sicily is no puppet so cease these attempts to fasten strings for your master. The Pope handles matters of faith, not you and thinking yourself to make decisions on their behalf is blasphemy to your own faith

Attempting to cause a rift is futile, Sicily knows we could have struck them as they suffered internal strife, that we would have captured nearly half their lands with them being unable to prevent such a thing. Without demands, without delay and without hesitation we turned around.

Now they stand prepared, our friendship stronger than ever as Moorish forces stand to answer their call and any eastern aggression.

We turn East... Or goal set, our purpose clear

See, fellow diplomats? It is this Moorish arrogance that I warned you against. They believe themselves our betters and only trough their benevolence do you yet breathe, or so they would put it. Draw your conclusions now, before drawing your swords on the battlefield.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

gah, played the first part of my turn forgetting that PvP was autoresolve only. Should have it up soon though.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

The Sultan wrath has been well and truly roused. His loyal people have been launched into a full war economy, adn tens of thousands of strong warriors march for the lands of the mad emperor.

That said,the Sultan again wishes to send his best wishes to the Lord of Novgorod. We know you have been friends of the Empire, but hope you may see that this war was not brought on by our choosing, and that you will see wisdom and remain neutral. We wish for only trade and friendship with you.

HRE up!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10335

This should be good fight :)

England is up

@Rougeman

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	716.5 KB 
ID:	8012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	922.9 KB 
ID:	8013EU_ENG_22.rarClick image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	399.1 KB 
ID:	8014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	1,001.7 KB 
ID:	8015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	380.8 KB 
ID:	8016

@Mithridate

The English will stand their ground and stand to the last!

Aww, I had forgotten that we can't lead vs humans as well. I hope my faith in Catholic heavy cav was well placed. For the record I ARed versus Bari because I hate leading siege assaults.

The English used last stand

it was not very effective...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Aberdeen is under siege, its the last scottish settlement and game crashes whenever i take it... Could you do it for me NB? Or fix it later on, Scotland will defeat my army if nothing is done as he has a stack close. Taking aberdeen ends him, id rather keep my army somewhat intact as i need to kill the last English stack.

You can Ar, but keep my losses low please... i lose 50 men when i play the battle at worst

@Nightbringer @LooseCannon1

Great turmoil in the world, negotiations with the HRE and Sicily are... Absurdly sluggish n spastic :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hello there.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	8040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	8041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle!.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	8042  
    Last edited by Mithridate; 11-26-2012 at 20:58.

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

I hope Nightbringer is able to change my first post, since editing that is essential to this hotseat.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

I am, and I will be checking everything and updating things on turn 25 (when scores etc... are calculated).

huh, @Mithridate, it is crashing for me as well. I'm not sure why it would though. I can't think of any bugs to do with killing off a faction. Can anyone else?

Disband the scottish stack and try again next turn if not? (Ai will likely attack n defeat me if not :( )
    Tho then the English must not be allowed to attack me as i besiege as im supposed to be safely inside the town with a spy as well :P

Imho, test skipping a full turn cykle and see if the issue persists @Nightbringer

Well, i skipped through a whole turn and it still crashed... :/

That is a major problem... Ill replay and keep scotland alive for one more turn then.
    Perhaps beating his stack and thus killing all his FMs will solve it but ill lose a lot of men and actually give England a chance :P

Will do so soon, could you clear a save and send to... well anyone really to try to take the scottish town and end turn, one turn to peek on wont do me too much harm.
    Try not to peek around Sicily and all is fine. @Nightbringer

Don't worry Mithirdate, my spies are all over your armies in Italy.

Well @Nightbringer sent save to anyone? want me to replay not besieging?
    Want to play on and you disband the scottish stack before it attacks me?

I did send the save to @Myth, but haven't heard back yet. :)

Ah yes, the Scotland bug. This happened to me in Single Player as England as well. The solution is to not take out their settlement this turn, I didn't get any help from the SS mod team on the TWC for that. It crashes to me as well, so I can't help.

BTW Mithirdate, great blitz with the Moors, 22 turns you almost wiped out the English and took so much land. Really well done. Did you use spies? I haven't even bothered with the spy rules for this game.
    Last edited by Myth; 12-02-2012 at 14:39.

Aye, and lots of em ^^ Thank you for your praise, it is well received

Ill replay without attacking this turn, or forting for safety.
    Edit: played, same pics
    Last edited by Mithridate; 12-02-2012 at 18:16.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

nothing much happening in the cold. Crusaders up https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10344

Italy up. @Rougeman

Bari will be returned to it's rightful owners but we wish to talk with the King of Italy.
    Last edited by Myth; 12-04-2012 at 21:10.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast