Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

ill do this within 24 hours, sorry for the delay

@Myth the battle was vs rebels, it was just so deliciously awesome i had to screen it.

My general and half a jav cav unit vs 3 rebel generals, ended with 3 generals alive, none of their bodyguards and my guy killed em both, you can see them at the hooves of his horse^^
    He got a LOT of good traits from that

The naval battle was strongly in my favor thus i did not provide odds screen, the entire army was on board and sunk as mentioned.
    I also stated that this is but the beginning... Please dont capture regions/win battles without as much as a mention in the future

@Nightbringer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Ah yes, sorry I get it now. I apologize for taking that town without notifying you, I remember it was late and I just wanted to post the save up I forgot to write up and post screenshots.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Alright, I am starting the updating from the previous turns, so I may take a bit of time to get the save in.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Hey all, there is an awesome favor you could do for me in getting all the game stats. I need links to turn 15 for novgorod, the crusaders, and the ayyubids. I also need links to turn 20 for the ayyubids and novgorod. I know they are floating around here, it would just really help save me a bit of time if someone could provide me the links. Sorry on the delay for all this, I have just had a lot of personal cr@& going on, as well as starting a new semester of school. Hopefully, everything will be up and running soon and I should be able to get the turn on to HRE tonight.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

okay, HRE up @freakkriek
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10361

also, I need some info from you guys.

If you could all let me know the number of battles you have won, and against whom, as well as the number of settlements you have captured, from whom, during the last 5 turns that would be great. (only applies to human battles/captures, ai ones don't matter). Also, just to keep things in check I would say that a battle is only large enough to count for points if each side had at least 8 unit cards. Feel free to debate me on this, but I think we can probably agree that the little 1v2 unit skirmishes in forts don't really count for points.

Oh shit, gonna be annoying to calculate @Nightbringer

Edit for these last 5 turns: very glad saves are still around to be downloaded... was not so bad:

Sunk a crusader army of 9 ships, and its fullstack army (count twice? Please^^)

All v England
    Took Eddinburgh and Nottingham, Edding had a fullstack and Notting a halfstack
    Killed a halfstack at londons walls
    Killed a lone english king
    Captured Galoway (empty)

Edit 2: Ehm, you sure its just the last 5 turns? Really does not add up with what it should be ( ive captured all of England, i should have quite a bit of infamy from pre these 5 turns)
    Nor has London been added to my prestiege i should think, nor the battles and captures in france 16-20... There was a few battles there with over 8 units.

Captured London, Winchester, Exter, Caen, Rennes, Angers, (halfstack i think) Dublin, York and Caernarvon and Eddingburgh (ive conquered it twice). Fought at least 3 more battles (2 anyway, several small ones adding to a third? :P) during those turns.

How do you want to solve this? My infamy should be nasty, prestige pretty high and ive got 42 regions now

edit 3: thats 3 regions taken, 5 victories including the crusader army the last 5

During 15-20 i took 10 regions, won 3-4 battles... This should be added. Hope i saved you some work
    Last edited by Mithridate; 01-13-2013 at 07:05.

sorry, i do need all from the last 15 turns, i was just thinking about the last 5 first.

Well, that will help^^ Its the entire war vs England. The rest will be rather quick for you to check urself im sure.
    Throw me a PM if you need any further information and cheers for doing this.

Subbed per request, busy days

Egypt has assassinated a valuable HRE general unless im mistaken, this is against the rules. @Nightbringer
    Only assassination of agents is allowed, and in ones own territory. HRE should be reimbursed and Egypt punnished imho

This is hopefully englands last turn btw^^
    Last edited by Mithridate; 01-15-2013 at 15:41.

Just wait until I get bonuses for you being so big and so infamous

It will be interesting to see just what those bonuses will be :)
    And im pretty sure im merely at 25/30 thus still safe!

I cant believe Egypt has got so many stacks xD

Yeah, NB is really on fire with them. And they run around the map too quickly!

Gah, the general was a mistake, as I completely forgot about that limitation. I was focusing on having to do it first and completely forgot I couldn't target gens. I should be able to redo my turn no problem as there weren't really any major problems, but if you think I deserve some sort of negative consequence you should probably suggest something, as I am not in a good position to determine it for myself :)

A replay would be best, was a pretty simple turn tbh.
    or you could pay a fine of 5k to the HRE and not attack his fort ( dont think u can take it anyway ) so we keep up momentum^^
    (and add a notorious berserker to the new general now positioned in the fort)
    Last edited by Mithridate; 01-15-2013 at 17:18.

Just replay the turn. We've had worse replays.

here is the new save @freakkriek
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10364

If that is okay by everyone, my turn went exactly the same except i killed an agent instead of the general.

Gona get to this asap, assuming the agent was in ur own region? :)

use this save England:
    The HRE-Fatmid war is a mess and will continue to deteriorate...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Then again, chaos is my element
    Last edited by Mithridate; 01-16-2013 at 07:22.

yep, just a bit south of the gen but inside my border. Any major battles or captures to report? If not, I look forward to the continued mess :)

The HRE have been reported running for their lives across the river :P
    Declared war on poland, killed a lot of poles... Nothing aside from that

@Mithridate

The English sally was a success! The Elite troops of the English King has beaten back the untrained militia of Africa.

Novgorod, took back the lost region killing the prince of the crusaders...
    England have 1/3rd of a stack... It shall not be long now :)
    @Rougeman, screens would be nice as it was a pretty major battle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	909.1 KB 
ID:	8426  

here you go @Mithridate

note that I just loaded up the game now and took screens, since I did not take any before

also note in the picture that I have nothing up my sleeve for you, no tricks or surprises, though you probably knew that anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Death to Moors.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	1,020.0 KB 
ID:	8427  

ok, i should have info up for the last 5 turns tomorrow, but I still need save's for old turns so i can check them out. It really would help me out if someone can help gather those.
    I need links to turn 15 for novgorod, the crusaders, and the ayyubids. I also need links to turn 20 for the ayyubids and novgorod.

Alright, I should have the updates done for this turn. Feel free to dispute anything needed. I won't update scores until the previous turns are done though.

Ayyubids
    prestige (+19)
    Human Battle won +.2 + 1 battle lost = 0
    mercantilism +12
    more than 40 regions +8
    lose settlement -1

stability (-.05)
    not bankrupt +.1
    more than 40 regions -.15

infamy (-1.3)
    reduce in 5 turns -1.5
    battle won against human +.2

HRE
    prestige (+8)
    mercantilism +2
    more than 20 regions +2
    battle won against human +.2 - 1 lsot = 0
    human settlement capture +1
    important settlement capture +5
    break an agreement -2

stability (+.0875)
    more than 20 regions -.0125
    not bankrupt +.1

infamy (+0)
    5 turns -1.5
    break an agreement +1.5

Moors
    prestige (+18.6)
    mercantilism + 7
    more than 40 regions +8
    human settlement capture +3
    human battle +.6

stability (+.05)
    not bankrupt +.1
    war with human successfull +.1
    mroet han 40 regions -.15

infamy (+2.1)
    5 turns -1.5
    human settlement capture +3
    human battle +.6

Novgorod
    prestige
    maercantilism +2

stability
    not bankrupt +.1

infamy
    5 turns -1.5

Crusaders
    prestige (+3.2)
    human settlement capture 1
    human battle won .2
    mercantilism +2

stability
    not bankrupt +.1

infamy (-1.05)
    5 turns -2.25
    human settlement capture +1 (/2)
    human battle won +.2 (/2)

Italy
    Prestige
    -

Stability
    not bankrupt +.1

Infamy
    reduce in 5 turn -1.5
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 01-21-2013 at 04:24.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Crusaders up Amazing how a game I was forced to give up on takes so much time. As for Novgorod's turn 15, God doesn't even know what Hurin did on that turn-other than destroy any chance I had in this game.

@LooseCannon1 why were you forced to give up? Did Hurin mess up your turn?

BTW which is better in SS, Novgorod or the Kievan Rus?

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    @LooseCannon1 why were you forced to give up? Did Hurin mess up your turn?
    Back on page 10 during turn 15 when he misunderstood how saves and notifications are done here he posted a subbed turn for me that someone carried forward. He cost me the armies I had combined to attack Kiev (when I played) and that allowed the AI to strike and almost destroy both. It took 5 turns to recover from the damage and finish off Kiev. Since then I knew I had no chance in this game but this turn still took over an hour with all the Ais that needed killin'
    BTW which is better in SS, Novgorod or the Kievan Rus?
    I think Kiev is slightly better. Novgorod starts with more regions but Kiev is 'tighter" and has regions to conquer closer to it. It can spread to Caffa quickly and has a shot at grabbing Constantinople. Also, Kiev gets an extra militia unit early, the "Chude" which is a good defensive unit with javalins. Much better than the "junior" or "archer" milita units that Novgorod is stuck with. Rosters are the same otherwise.

And did I pm you -you're up? I did now

Well, I never had a chance as the CS but I'm playing for the hell of it In AR archers are actually better IMO.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast