Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

I am sorry if i ruined your campaign Loose, but i had a lot going on at the moment. The amount of administrating to be done was almost overwhelming. However, since this game was a prototype, people can now learn from it to create more iterations of the same game type, fixing the problems that occured in this one.

I have one suggestion. It would be easier for the administrator, if people monitored their own statistics and reported it after 5 turns to the administrator. That would greatly reduce the time required for the administration of this game. However this raises 2 problems. Firstly the suggestion that every player would report each statistic completely honestly. Secondly the suggestion that all players understand the rules in only one way and do not make mistakes by not understanding them.

Good day.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I agree about the player reports, and I did something similar in my LotD game which was reasonably successful in that regard.
    I think perhaps a good way to go about it would be for the player to submit a report concerning all the various things at the end of 5 turn cycles. Discrepancies would likely be made clear by differences in people's reports, and the GM could then easily check to see if any mistakes were made.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Indeed, glad ive already done most of my part xD

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

my PC keeps on crashing whenever I try to run any medieval, so I'm going to have to be skipped please, sorry for delay
    @Nightbringer
    Last edited by Rougeman; 01-27-2013 at 16:54.

Having recently signed for peace, I graciously offer to sub for Italy @Rougeman

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

if that is ok with you Rougeman? Otherwise, I will skip tomorrow.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I am not ok with that, i do not want myth to see what Sicily can see and i strongly suspect i sent an in game message of delicate nature

That and im fighting for Sicily against you guys :P

Well then. There goes your sneaky plan

@Rougeman, any subs requests? if not, I will skip today

i was able to fix it, sorry everyone for the wait

@Nightbringer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey, good work rouge! i was about to skip the turn, I'm glad you were able to play it.

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

I suppose the players here have lost interest in this campaign? If that is the case, i hope the ideas that i have brought forth will see some more use in other campaigns aswell.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

oh dear, it was left on my turn to. I actually am still interested in playing this game, and will upload the turn ASAP in case others do too. I think the real issue though is that it just takes quite a lot of work to administer the game. I think it really it a great idea though Hurin, and would love to try something like it again with some tweaking if this one does die off.

I think that the major thing that could be improved is if players simply post along with the turn whether they have taken any actions that modify prestige, infamy, and stability. This would really make it less hard on the gm, and keep things from getting backlogged like they have. If there are any disputes over players accurately reporting things, the gm can easily just go in and check then.

If nothing else, I'm sure this game will have sparked some ideas that are likely to appear again.

Interest for this is not dead, the opposite imho

i agree with NB, players should keep track of things themselves and in public ( i made all my calculations public for example )
    So admin merely haves to check and everyone can see if something funny is going on to then call in the admin

I really want this to move faster tho, same with CoG2

@Nightbringer it's been half a month, skip them perhaps?

I think that if the HRE starts getting skipped this game will fall apart quite fast. Maybe we should just call it over. Sad, because I think this game had a lot of really great ideas.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I think that if the HRE starts getting skipped this game will fall apart quite fast. Maybe we should just call it over. Sad, because I think this game had a lot of really great ideas.
    I would call the ideas used for this game interesting but not great. The main reason is that the game engine cannot do anything with the concepts used here and, as you found, the administrator must be on top of everything to be able to keep score. Because of this, the admin should not also be playing in the game.

I agree it's time to call it over. Of course, that's just my opinion after a bunch of crappy RNG rolls against me in other M2TW hotseats. Those are enough to make me rage quit.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819