Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Are people interested in having diplomats together in a city? I find it makes general proclamations easy to disseminate, and also promotes some good debates over international policy, and some good boasting by the diplomats of successful empires.
    fine by me, it's a good idea

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Started working on the title image.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Myth; 03-11-2012 at 18:23.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

Looks good!

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

It comes out much more washed-out than it is as a file on my screen. I think firefox messes with the colours somehow.

I think it's better now, plus I fixed the spelling mistake:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just put this (removing the two spaces before and after IMG) at the top of your first post Hurin.[ IMG ]https://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7108/castleq.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by Myth; 03-11-2012 at 22:37.

Cagliari and palma taken with minimal losses to our forces, Silves and Valencia both under siege as our spies failed to open the gates... Miswar smiled and addressed the messenger

Good, send in the Sicilian then go refresh yourself. I have need you to carry a message on the marrow.
    The man bowed and swiftly exited the large chamber, the guards closing the heavy doors behind him.

By the time the doors opened Miswars servants had served fresh fruits in bowls, one the heirs pedestal and one on the pompous cushions arranged for the Emissary while heavy incense filled the room with exotic aromas and leaving a minty taste on the tongue.

The Sicilian looked like a small man, slightly hunched as he approached. Miswar was relieved that the man spoke arabic as even the mans namem Lorenzo D'altemundo sounded like an atrocity when he attempted to pronounce it. The eyes of the diplomat flashed nervously over him and the surroundings, yet Miswar thought he saw a glimmer of deep intelligence non theless. He inclined for the man to seat himself on the cushions with a greeting.

"It is good that our Sicilian neighbors could send a man so quickly, you are welcome in my city but i must keep this brief as im leaving for war. My father have given me full authority over the Caliphate and with those rights i offer trade , map information and should you accept, an alliance between our two great peoples. United hold over the Mediterranean cannot be contested, our fleets will have an iron grip on the rich trade while we prosper in friendship."

Novgorod up

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Cagliari and palma taken with minimal losses to our forces, Silves and Valencia both under siege as our spies failed to open the gates... Miswar smiled and addressed the messenger

Good, send in the Sicilian then go refresh yourself. I have need you to carry a message on the marrow.
    The man bowed and swiftly exited the large chamber, the guards closing the heavy doors behind him.

By the time the doors opened Miswars servants had served fresh fruits in bowls, one the heirs pedestal and one on the pompous cushions arranged for the Emissary while heavy incense filled the room with exotic aromas and leaving a minty taste on the tongue.

The Sicilian looked like a small man, slightly hunched as he approached. Miswar was relieved that the man spoke arabic as even the mans namem Lorenzo D'altemundo sounded like an atrocity when he attempted to pronounce it. The eyes of the diplomat flashed nervously over him and the surroundings, yet Miswar thought he saw a glimmer of deep intelligence non theless. He inclined for the man to seat himself on the cushions with a greeting.

"It is good that our Sicilian neighbors could send a man so quickly, you are welcome in my city but i must keep this brief as im leaving for war. My father have given me full authority over the Caliphate and with those rights i offer trade , map information and should you accept, an alliance between our two great peoples. United hold over the Mediterranean cannot be contested, our fleets will have an iron grip on the rich trade while we prosper in friendship."
    Lorenzo D'Altemundo would first hesitate, then he would quickly reply without having to consult his king. " I'm sure our king would accept, well, our prince certainly does, I've had a word with him before we left. He said that I should try and persuade you into an alliance since you generously propose this already I believe we have ourselves an agreement. I will surely sent for the prince to come so you two can have a great feast and discuss some of the details of this alliance."

After this he would hunch forward a bit toward Prince Miscwar. He would slowly whisper: "In my honest opinion you should make sure you make all the arrangements with the prince, the king is getting rather old. It would be best if you and the prince would settle on everything M'lord since he will take over the crown in a matter of years."

Lorenzo would slide back to his cushions, with a soft smile he would start telling a story wich would explain a lot about the current events.

"One day there were two other empires here where ours currently are, the were called Carthage and Rome, both crumbled due to time. But at their greatest moment both were magnificent. If they wouldn't have waged war live as we have now would be completely diffrent, they would have ruled the Meditteranian still. As soon as my Prince will have settled his bussiness in Italy, we should, like Carthage and Rome should have done, devide the sea between us two, it would be an alliance wich will go into the books of history. Two empires, of diffrent faith, working togheter to make sure that no lesser countries attempt and take the sea that is ours. Our fleet will be magnificent and off course a safehaven for every merchant. It still happens to often that poor merchants, or even navy ships get attacked by pirates when we will bundle our powers this all will be over. There however is one country that we must look towards with cautious eyes. I've heard of another alliance between people of diffrent faith, equally strong as ours will be. You must know you brothers of the faith, the Egyptians? They have made a strong alliance with the once glorious crusaders who now have deminished into pure corruption, no longer serving the lord but only serving their own lust for power. This is a problem we will have to adress. There are many, many powerfull countries who will see our powerfull alliance as unholy, but fear not we togheter, like family will overcome them. Those Spaniards will certainly succumb to your mighty army's I'm sure, but please my friend we should think about the future, we have to make sure that we will controll this sea, because as you know controlling the see is an extreme advantage. If someone would try to invade you by sea they would first have to come trough our strong navy, we can cut off their commerce togheter we can accomplish everything."

The diplomat would take a large inhale of breath after this explanation and take a sip of wine. He'd then look towards Miswar once again, I'll arrange a meeting between you and the prince?

Miswar bites down on a juicy grape, trying to hide his excitement

A meeting between princes, future rulers to be... yes, make the arrangements. I will travel to Valencia where he can meet me, or Palma should he wish.There is no doubt in my heart that we shall come to a mutually beneficial agreement, but consider our great nations allies from this day fourth!
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-13-2012 at 01:49.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

The save for now, I'll write something soon. @Myth Crusaders up

I'll play it tonight, though this smaller unit scale really bugs me. I also think I'll resize the title image, it's too big and doesn't fit well after the automatic resizing the forum software does.

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

If it bugs you, do you know how to fix it? Restarting the hotseat is not an option unfortunately.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

The rocking of the litter and the stillness of the hot, sticky air inside was beginning to set her stomach foul, but somehow the girl endured it. It was narrow, with space barely for her tiny frame and that of her lady in waiting, and of course the ever looming shadow of her mentor and guardian, now sitting still, with lips pressed together in constant disapproval, and clutching her rosary beads as if they were a flail.

Yolande de Brienne sighed and instinctively raised her hand to loosen the conical headpiece strapped to her head with linen wraps, but a sharp stare from Sister Magdalene was all that she needed to reconsider and in defeat, return her delicate pale hands back to her lap.

"It was courteous of Caliph Al-Kamir to send his servants to fetch us all the way from the gates." Alanetes' voice was low and timid, and the girl was too obvious in her attempt to make this trip more bearable. Sister Magdalene eyed her from the opposite end of the litter and replied curtly.

"If they would have had carriages instead of this appalling and barbaric means of transportation, perhaps I would have been more impressed. Even allowing our own carriage to the palace would have sufficed, but forcing honourable ladies to be paraded trough the town on such a contraption is almost an insult in itself."

Yolande smiled at her mentor and resisted an urge to blow air down her cleavage. Her breasts were almost going to burst from her corset and small beads of sweat ran down from her neck and into the cleft between the two orbs that so easily reduced men to gibbering idiots. She was being hailed as one of the most beautiful women in the world, if not the most beautiful.

*paused*

Sicilly up. @Dallor
    Last edited by Myth; 03-13-2012 at 21:23.

Here @Nightbringer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

When word reached the Kaiser that the English had launched an assault on the French he didn't waste a second. First he ordered his trusted diplomat Helwig to try and establish an alliance with the mighty English empire.
    Secondly he called all his troops to arms and invaded France. In only 6 months two french cities were already besieged. The invasion can already be called a succes.

Further more on the diplomatic front some decissions have been made. Poland has proven themselves to be worthy of an alliance with the Holy Roman Empire. A diplomat was send to greet the Crusaders States representative and hopefully a beautifull friendship will blossom between those kingdoms.
    Diplomats are being trained daily in order to have a easy way to communicate.

The Kaiser proposes to find a city, where all diplomates could gather in order to speed diplomatic agreements.
    A city central in the world would be best so the Kaiser proposes Rome as diplomatic meeting point.

England is up @Rougeman
    EU_ENG_T4.rar

The English King agrees with the Holy Roman Emperor, the city of Rome is the perfect candidate for diplomatic negotiations for all nations.

@Mithridate
    Last edited by Rougeman; 03-16-2012 at 08:39.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

The Abbyusid Sultan sends word that since the emissaries of the great nations have not seen fit to meet in his own lands, he will consent to send a man to Rome.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Minswar dully looked at the dancers as they swirled around the floor, sitting in the hot halls all day dealing with dignitaries and officials of the Caliphate was the part of ruling he did not care much for. He wanted to be out in the field, fighting for God and the people. It should be HE and not the old relic of a father out there fighting, Iberia was in turmoil and all he was doing was eat, drink and "rule" what was self sustaining.

To the Northeast the Aragon King have fallen to our forces, a javelin basically having torn his head off mid-charge, His army left to rot in the sun.
    To the West the Lazy king of Portugal was killed in his bed as our forces stormed the city, the main Portuguese army having been eluded.

Sighing once again, he withdrew to his harem letting the feast continue without him. A ship would take him to Iberia on the morrow, to then sail to Rome with an emissary.

Novgorod up
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-16-2012 at 10:56.

I will continue my story post tomorrow, It's already 12 am now...

Abu Fadi El-Amin paces into the courtroom in Rome, a distinct frown evident upon his face. He looks around at the room, paying particular attention to the guards.

Hgh, Alexandria would have been better. Ghulams are far better disciplined than this lot. He mutters

Likely to stab us in the back, don't you think? He says, turning to face the second man that has entered the room.

This man is dressed in military attire, but the emerald studded leather under-layers of his armor, and the gold trimmed silks he wears show he is no mere soldier. He walks with an easy gait, and unlike Fadi he seems quite at ease as he paces over to take a seat at the table.
    Hardly a fitting way to enter another man's court Fadi. Come, let us sit and we shall see what is to come to pass.

Fadi still looks troubled, but he takes a seat by the second man's side, still eying the guards. The second man turns from his comrade and gives a friendly smile to the gathered diplomats.

Please excuse him, he has been quite grumpy ever since we left Alexandria, I think the ship didn't agree with him.

Fadi give an indistinct grunt at this

In any case, allow me to introduce myself, I am Hamil al Azir, military advisory and friend of the Sultan, my sea sick friend is Abu Fadi El-Amin. The Sultan has sent us here to ensure that the Abuyyids are not forgotten in world affairs. I hope you will introduce...

Fadi interrupts Hamil at this
    I intend to do more than that, and just in case our host gets any idea, a full guard of Ghulams waits outside. If you try anything...

Hami rolls his eyes at this, but remains silent.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

@Nightbringer

EU_ENG_T5.rar England up @Rougeman

The Kaiser has send his representative to Rome in order to convene with the greatest powers in the world.
    The German diplomat send was a legend within his own country, as part of a wager he once talked a man out of commiting suicide and then reconvinced him of doing it anyway. The Kaiser called him once his Royal Snake and thus this is the Title he commonly uses when presenting himself. The snake is only called in when all other means of solving a problem have been used since his solutions are always stained by murder, deceit and bribes.

Rome:

After a long journey the snake enters the room where the Papal guards are posted to assure a safe environement to discuss politics. After hearing the tumultuous speach of the Egyptian emissary he decides to stand and present himself as well. "Welcome all, I am whom is commonly referred to as The Royal Snake." In the eyes of the Western diplomats he sees a glance of recognition, in the eyes or body language of the Moorish and Egyption diplomats he sees hower no sign of acknowledgement for his repution. The Snake is stunned for a moment by his 'annonimity'. "The German Empire is a honest and open-minded empire. My Kaiser has send me here with only one assignment. I was ordered to find out which plans those other great country, who are presented here, have with our world. Trade rights are in my Kaisers eyes nothing but a reward as for contacting us. These rights will never be refused. There is however one last message I should deliver. The Kaiser is a very loyal person who will never betray his allies but his sense of honour also forces him to get in an immense fury when other countries try to steal territories for countries already weakened by his royalness. So consider this a warning, when you try to attack a country be sure Our empire is not already at war with them, if so you can just ask if our Kaiser would like you to join his war. If however you just steal those territories this will be considered an attack on our own lands and will get the same response as such. To be perfectly clear, No country that has a representative here should attack Hungary now!"

After his speech the Snake left the speaking chair and went to those eastern diplomats who didn't seem to know him. He is curious about there vision for the world...
    Last edited by freakkriek; 03-20-2012 at 13:17.

Fadi speaks
    Your emperor sends a man named the snake to represent his "honest and open minded empire?" Surely your name is some jest that the Western diplomats know, for this seems quite the contradiction to me. As for our plans, we shall be keeping the details to ourselves, but you need only know that so long as none of the nations of the pope stand in our way, we shall be quite friendly with them.

The Romans have long been hostile to us, and given the great success of our armies in their recent campaigns, we lay claim to all the lands of the Romans for the time being. No nation, other than our great friends in the Kingdom of Jerusalem, shall set foot there.

The Snake stands up and speaks
    The Holy Roman Empire will lay no claim on those "other" Roman lands.
    I however one small remark... It's remarkable that the Egyptian representative has a problem with my name since snakes are especially revered in Egypt. If I'm not mistaken almost every household believes that their house has a serpent guardian. Many families still provide a bowl of milk for their serpent protector, believing that calamity would come upon them if the serpent were neglected. You don't have to look so surprised I pride myself in trying to understand each culture before engaging in diplomacy with them. Just consider the Holy Roman Empire as a big house for which I'm one of the protectors.

The English Diplomat gestures to the Envoy of the Emperor 'my king wishes the families of The English King and the Roman Emperor to be joined with the marriage of the kings daughter to the emperor's son, who, if im not mistaken, has been looking for a wife, does your prince accept this offer?

the King also has been dealing with the rebellions of the british isles, and will unite britain and ireland!'

@Mithridate Moors up
    Last edited by Rougeman; 03-22-2012 at 05:19.

The moorish Caliphate wish to extend a friendly hand to the English crown. Perhaps your diplomat outside Lisbon could make a short stop and speak with the Caliph or his son?

A NAP would be of interest as well as trade rights.

Meanwhile, our diplomat has started his journey to rome where he will engage in diplomatics with the other leading powers of the world.

Novgorod
    @LooseCannon1
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-22-2012 at 10:42.

OOC: was that still the case in medieval egypt? I thought most of those practices died out during the roman period.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    OOC: was that still the case in medieval egypt? I thought most of those practices died out during the roman period.
    OOC: not really, if you read up on the animalism in Egyptian history you'll see that the Snake never really faded in their religion. I know that there aren't a lot of mentions for this but when you actually go to egypt you really find traces of crododiles, snakes and falcons in almost every place and situation. http://answering-islam.org/Books/Zwe...ism/chap11.htm - this is the link for an extract from a very interesting book, it covers snakes in the 9th paragraph counting from the bottom. I realise that this probably isn't really a REAL main main-belief but I think it shows a knowledge over the day to day life in Egypt and since I was trying to let my diplo have a clever answer i think it fits =)

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast