Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Quote Originally Posted by freakkriek View Post
    OOC: not really, if you read up on the animalism in Egyptian history you'll see that the Snake never really faded in their religion. I know that there aren't a lot of mentions for this but when you actually go to egypt you really find traces of crododiles, snakes and falcons in almost every place and situation. http://answering-islam.org/Books/Zwe...ism/chap11.htm - this is the link for an extract from a very interesting book, it covers snakes in the 9th paragraph counting from the bottom. I realise that this probably isn't really a REAL main main-belief but I think it shows a knowledge over the day to day life in Egypt and since I was trying to let my diplo have a clever answer i think it fits =)
    OOC: cool thanks for the info, and yes, it does seem like it was still around. Good answer.

IC:

Fadi frowns slightly at the clever comeback from the Holy Roman diplomat, but Hami has a short laugh at his expense before replying to the diplomat

Well said Snake, I haven't seen someone shut Fadi up so well in many a year. I'm glad to know that you take such an interest in our ways.

Hami stands and gestures for the Snake to walk with him
    Come. let us speak in private.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Can this be delayed until Sunday? Elsewise I'll have NB sub me. @Nightbringer, the password is the same as the one for CoG!
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Sicilly up. @Dallor Thanks for waiting. I'll continue with the story (one overdue and the new one for this turn) but tomorrow or Tuesday.

A warrior enters the meeting hall. It is a spacious, lavish place, decorated with marble statues and great paintings of saints and martyrs. Outside, the many churches and basilicas of Rome can be heard, singing the praise of the Christian God with the ringing voices of their bells.

The man is plainly dressed, but his gloved hands are ornamented with a signet ring and a smaller golden wedding band. He wears the three blue wolves on a white field, and is obviously a Knight for some Count or Marquis in France. However, the dominant thing about his looks, other than his muscly body and grey stubble on his chin, is the tunic of the Knights Templar - a red cross on a white tabard. It is clear this man represents the united forces of the west in the Levante.

"My lords. The Kingdoms of Jerusalem, Antioch and Edessa have united under my liege. The holy Orders of the Knights Templar and the Knights Hospitallier have banded together to ensure the stability and prosperity of the Levnate which we now call our Kingdom. It has become clear that the enemy is not the Fatamid Sultan, a Caliph of their Faith, but the wild and treacherous Turks, who's raids upon good Christian pilgrims started our holy voyage and lead us to this situation. We have allied with the Ayuabid Caliphate and wish to take the holy war to the mongrel raiders that dethroned the Eastern Romans and even now threaten to spill into Christian Europe.

Our knights, once kinsmen to you who are English, German and Danish and French and Sicillian, are now united for the supreme cause of God almighty. We are Westerners but now pledge our lives and spill our blood for the Levant and the holy places of Jerusalem, Antioch and Acre, of Damascus and Edessa. Our faith is impenetrable and our knights are the best warriors the nations of Europe had to offer, indeed as they heeded the call of God and went to do his Holy Work. We have agreed to trade with all whom we could approach, and we are open to talks of land and doing more of God's work."

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Hamir, having finished his talks with the Snake, strides over to the new emissary, smiling openly. Fadi remains seated, still looking sour, but paying keen attention to what the other diplomats are up to.

Ah, welcome friend of the Ayyubids, I am glad to see you have made it safe and sound. The seas have been quite dangerous of late, Venetian pirates in particular are proving their reputation. In any case, come sit, did you perhaps bring some of your famous French wine with you?

Fadi moves his chair over, giving Hamir a disapproving look as he does so and then turning to speak to the emissary.

I am glad to see that you are here, but would remind your King that Antioch and Edessa are still under the surveillance of the Sultan, to be turned over to his control in due time.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

The Templar slightly bows his head.

"Of course, seigneur, I talk of the people and the orders. Formal control over these counties is still in your hands, and it shall remain as such for some years. I have not brought wine as I myself have taken to my vows and am removed from such worldly vice.

My lords of the west and north, I wish to warn against any move towards aggression against the Caliphate. Consider the consequences of such action as most dire. Also, we are certain that none shall heed our claims of Greece proper as we have none such by right. In due time, we may yet revisit the subject of spreading Catholicism into these ancient lands."

@Nightbringer

and hurin when is update on map etc coming?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dallor; 03-26-2012 at 16:04.

England up
    @Rougeman : EU_ENG_T6.rar

As the Conquest of France and Hungary advances as planned there is also time for love in this world.
    The Sicilian Heir charmed his way into our lady Simones heart and after a long discussion her dowry was established...
    When Sicily succeeds in bringing all Italy under their control the Kaiser will graciously give Bologna to complete the Unification of Italy.
    On the other hand our Prince and Heir also fell in love with an English princess called Margaret...
    one of the more beautifull women in the world. Since the marriage was based on true love a real dowry wasn't asked of the Kingdom of England just their friendship was enough to accept with the marriage.

The Kaiser bends over his map of the known world, for which he payed 50 explorers a great deal of money to complete.
    As his mind is forming a thousand thoughts he start mumbling.

"Ok Friederick, to the North you are protected by your Danish allies, in the North-East you have your Polish allies, in the East you will destroy the Hungarian forces easily, in the South you have your trusted Sicilian friends, in the South-West you are destroying the French in devastating victories and the West is guarded by the powerfull English allies.... but why do I have this feeling I am still missing something?? I see Europe's map and I see how the controlling powers will divide it and rule it in all properity but why oh why do I still feel like a common peasant deciding which piece of land i will work an this year and which part i'll leave to recuperate."

"Maybe I just need a friend far away from my borders who can teach me non-european tactics and offer me a new perspective on things...
    Let's just see what my Snake can get in Rome..."

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

When turn 7 starts i will start adding cash individually. At that time as soon as a player posts the save, i will edit it and repost it. The rest will come soon.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

Bump

Infamy, Prestige and Stability updated. These are from turn 5. If you feel that you should have more or less, PM me. Also map of turn 5 posted. Lastly changed "important settlements" in Prestige, deleted Paris and added Krakow instead.
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 03-29-2012 at 09:28.

@Mithridate

Novgorod

@LooseCannon1

Novgorod can play with this save, since he has not posted any RP i will not add any money, the rest of you who have posted RP wait for my saves.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Lol. Since Mithridate posted the save as turn 7, i named the crusaders save turn 7 as well, but i only realised that it was turn 6 still. Although now the money adding will not only happen in one turn, instead turn 6 and 7. So the next money adding will happen starting in turn 10.

6k florins added to Jerusalem.
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 03-31-2012 at 15:37.

Sry bout the turn number mixup :)

May i ask how much im getting?

Use this save.

@Nightbringer

you're up

@Húrin the Steadfast
    to change save ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallor View Post
    @Nightbringer

you're up
    How much $ did i receive?

Dallor received 1,5k florins.

Nightbringer receives 4,5k florins.

Nightbringer use this save.

Use this save.

Also, i will change the time it takes for me to add money from 3 turns to 5. I will still add money on turn 10, however the next time will happen on turn 15, turn 20 and so on, because it currently takes too much time for me to administer all of these things since the hotseat is also moving fast.

@Húrin the Steadfast ,
    is it possible when you add money to always insert how much you got?? thx in advance

Ah yes sorry i forgot. You got 7,5k florins. Since you posted so many stories, it also includes the cash got for this (7) turn. So if you post another story this turn it will be counted as turn 8 story.

@Rougeman and @Húrin the Steadfast
    england up EU_ENG_T7.rar

In the flourishing city of Marseille

The Kaiser decides to throw a banquet in honour of the prosperity and greatness of his Empire, in short he is quite pleased with himself.
    France has been dealt with, Hungary has no response to their invasion and those pesky Flemish rebels will never dream of autonomity ever again.
    The only nuissance is that damn Pope... threatening with excommunication if wars are continuined or alliance kept...
    That damn pope should know better then to meddle in the affairs of kings...

Meanwhile in Rome the Snake tries to get the attention of all the gathered diplomats.
    His first attempts fail since the attack of Sicily on Rome has them preoccupied...

The Snake gets annoyed and pulls out a blade and rams it in the table in front of him. This gesture escaped no one. Everyone fell silent.
    Someone mumbled "How did he get a blade past those pesky guards?". As has they've been waiting for this question the guards storm to the table and confisquate the weapon. The captain of the guard thoroughly embarrassed by this security breach asked the Snake with anger in his voice "How did you get this weapon inside, everyone gets searched before entering this domain?" The Snake just shakes his head in disbelief and replies: "Do you honestly think I am the only one here with a weapon close at their disposal? That's just naive captain. Return to your post since I am of no danger now as you can see. But I will swear I'll never be so revealing with any weaponery ever again." When the Snake returns he mumbles "..thinking no one has a weapon here... I have no doubt in my mind he came armed.." while his eyes wandered to the Fatamids diplomats but it isn't clear who he is focusing on.

"Anyway before is start with my statement let me reassure all of you that it doesn't really matter who owns the City I am sure the Sicilian King will be just as generous with his accomodations for us as was the Pope. So if i may continue now...
    It has been a good year for the Reich. All target settlements fell under the mighty German sword and friendships have blossomed. And as usual I have to remind every one that map information is a appreciated gift and will be equally rewarded."

After this the Snake came from the Speakers Platform and left the room...

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast