Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: SS 6.4 - "Europa I" - Late Era

Fadi cracks his first smile as the Snake humiliates the guard

Perhaps some of you westerners do know what you are about after all. As for my accommodations, I hope thy shall improve. The Pope offered little more than a bard, and I have been having to actually pay to stay within this muddy city.

Fadi looks pointedly at the Sicilian diplomat

I'm sure my Sultan would take it as a sign of friendship if his diplomats are given the finest treatment. And I don't mean those damn prostitutes your pope sent over, I mean good clean and dignified quarters. Some food would do us good as well. You can't expect us to stay here with nothing to eat, can you? Also, perhaps these idolatrous painting could be removed from the courtroom. It seems quite disrespectful in my opinion. And...

Fadi continues to lecture the Sicilian on the various ways he believes the courtroom could be improved for several minutes while Hadi watches bemusedly, finally speaking once Fadi has wound himself down.

To get back to diplomatic matters...

Fadi Accommodations are diplomacy! They display exactly how important these lords think we are

Eh, yes, in any case. The Sultan wishes it to be known that Ayyubid forces have captured the city of Constantinople. Our men fought bravely indeed, defeating a massive latin army with very few casualties. It should also be known that the city was spared from looting.

The Kingdom of Jerusalem has requested that they be granted this city, but given the heroics of the Sultan's men, and the importance of this place, it shall remain under Ayyubid control. Western Greece however, which has been claimed by the Sultan, shall be put under the control of the Kingdom of Jerusalem in due time. It is hoped that this shall create a peaceable buffer zone between the lands of the Prophet, and those of the pope, occupied by friends of the first, and followers of the second.

I hope this is agreeable to the King of Jerusalem? It should also be known that the Sultan has already demonstrated great kindness to this Kingdom. He has handed over Antioch and Damascus, two great cities, in return for much less wealthy provinces captured by the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

The Sicilian Prince would overlook Venice and would be overthinking about his current situation.

~The Pope has warned me then if I attack, my entire people will face excomunication, this I can not allow, I must ... I must... retreat.~

One of his captains would come, he would already be missing an eye from a previous battle.

"Your Highness we are ready to attack."
    "Well...-

Suddenly an arrow would come and go straight trough the head of the Captain, falling motionless towards the fall the captain would try to utter a last word but fail
    The Prince would stand up take by anger.

< Prepare the towers and the ladders, I will have their heads on pikes by the end of this day I swear it>
    The army would go forward, The Prince getting armoured by his servants would be cursing those damned Venetians.
    After a long and bloody fight Venice would be taken and as promised the heads of every surviving soldier put on a spike.

A few days later an emissary of the pope came to the conquered city of Venice. The Prince would let the man come to his room and talk with him privately.
    " Good day your highness I come bearing terrible news."
    " What is it? Did our Holy Father pass away"
    " No Your highness you have been excommunicated"
    -The Prince's cheecks would turn red of Anger.-
    " Well then you should be on your way now shouldn't you?"
    " I'm terribly sorry your Highness"

-A guard would come in after the departure of the messenger of the pope.-
    " Angelo, go to Napels as quickly as you can and give this letter to my nephew afterwards give this letter to my good friend Buenovito D'Nueva in Rome, do not get stopped by anyone."
    -Angelo would nod sagely and leave immediately.-

Weeks later Buenovito D'Nueva would find himself in the courtroom alongside all the other diplomats with a small smirk on his face. After having the Ayyubid's and Holy Roman's diplomat speak he would silently stand up and demand attention.

"Come come my friends, I must say that I was impressed by your knife /snake/ you certainly seem to have a poisonous sting."
    -He would smile warmly towards the Holy Roman diplomat.-
    " As you all might have noticed my fair King has decided to take Rome, however this does not change things for us my friends. You will still all be allowed to stay her and enjoy the pleasures of this fine city. If all, things will improve."
    -Buenovito would take a sip of his glass of wine taking his time, letting the diplomats wonder about coming events for a while.-

"Every diplomat here will be granted /proper/ arrangements, you will all get your own room, food and drink whenever you please. This however is pure speculation as we do not know how the battle will end. As to your magnificent capture of the fine city of Constantinople I can only congratulate you and your Sultan Fadi. This border you suggest is fine for Naples, however let it be known that not a single army is tolerated on the peninsula of Italy. For when the dust settles you will find a United Kingdom of Italy."

Victory Against All Odds Member Húrin the Steadfast's Avatar

At the first sight of florins, people started RP'ing more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	success_baby.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	5057
    Last edited by Húrin the Steadfast; 04-03-2012 at 15:34.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
    "Are you a racist?" - No, i am a realist.

@Mithridate
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nobgorod @LooseCannon1

How do i remove old attatchments? Its almost full

Wait you didnt wait for my save...

i dont need money atm? :D

Could we take it next turn, and ill wait then. If not i can replay
    @Húrin the Steadfast

Alright just skip Moors and Novgorod. Mith you will need to remind me the next time to add your cash.

Will do

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Skip Novgorod? Did you want me to play my turn? Or are you talking about florins for role-playing?

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon1 View Post
    Skip Novgorod? Did you want me to play my turn? Or are you talking about florins for role-playing?
    Florins, you have not made any roleplaying have you?

Either way if you havem its all my fault... can you live without the money for one turn?
    If so, apreciated

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Florins, you have not made any roleplaying have you?

Either way if you havem its all my fault... can you live without the money for one turn?
    If so, apreciated
    It takes me forever to post so I haven't roleplayed. The combination of an awkward chair/desk/keyboard layout and being Commander-in-Chief of the the grammar police means it takes twenty minutes to type this. Spellcheck for some reason doesn't fix your typing. It only "thinks" something is wrong. Anyway crusaders up with the actual turn 7 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=205&id=10082 @Myth

I think that is everyone who have florins added, so the next time is turn 10, also the same with infamy, prestige etc updates so continue playing as normal. So both updates will be coming on turn 10, 15 etc from now on. If i have missed anyone for money adding, let me know.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

The Templar raises with a sudden movement as he hears of the gathering armies. The knight clenches his jaw sternly and regards the Sicillian diplomat with contempt.

"Armies are gathering around Roma to lay siege to this Holy City of Catholicism, and I hear that one of your Counts commands the men. I leave now, but my King in Jerusalem shall hear of this atrocity! Being excommunicated by the Holy Father is yet no reason for such insanity!"

He storms off the building, and shouts without turning his back. "I head North, for the more pious kingdoms of Eruope. Should any of you have need of me, seek me near Milano!"

Sicilly up. @Dallor
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Hami

Oh, yes, I didn't think. I suppose this attack upon Rome is not a simple military action is it. You are actively putting yourself in opposition to your entire faith aren't you?
    Well, it doesn't really concern myself, or my Sultan, but I would advise caution. Hami nods towards the exiting Tempar

Well, I suppose one of us had better get to Milanao so we don't loose contact.

Fadi
    Hah, I simply didn't care Hami, but apparently our blessed allies certainly do! In any case, if we must split, it looks like things might get interesting around here.

You go Hami, I can handle myself in a den of thieves better than you, and I am looking forward to seeing if the Sicilians really can live up to the luxury they promise.

Hami nods and departs, but after a few seconds several Ghulams come to the entrance to the court room, fully armed and armored, and stand at attention near the Papal guards.

We are here to ensure no harm comes to the Sultan's envoy during the coming battle. the captain says, his face masked by his full helmet

Fadi smiles, but offers no explanation of how an armed squad of Ghulams got into the city.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 04-06-2012 at 19:21.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

@Nightbringer
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Prince would have swiftly travelled to Rome to help in the Assault, however the morning of the battle, The Holy Father himself appeared with some regiments of papal guards.

The Prince goes to mount his horse, and afterwards he looks at his troops and decides to give them a little pep-talk.

< Men, Men gather come here. >
    < This is the holy city, I know some of you are afraid to enter it, let alone attack it, but do not fear. Remember this, there that army that awaits us is that of his Holiness, the man who has condemed us all as heretics. He says we will all go to purgatory, is that what you want lads >

The army would seem a bit in bad moral not a single cheer would be heard.

< But I have a proposition for you my men, how about we burry this fake pope and take the holy city to go and beg for forgivness in the city of the lord himself. >

Some of the men would be nodding approvingly.

< How about we show the man who dares say we are heretics that we are no such thing and we will it prove it with blood. >

The men would start cheering.

< Let's ride, my men let's ride >

The whole army would start charging towards the city, the ladders infront, and most importantly the Prince infront with his loyal bodyguard screaming encouragments and praise to everyone.

After a short battle the city would be taken however the Pope had escaped and set up camp a bit further.
    The prince would take his knights and ride out to finally end the life of this /fake/ pope.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=Before the Battle of Rome in the courtroom.=

Since Rome was completely surrounded the Templar was taken prisoner but was held in lord-like tents. After the battle he would be returned to the courtroom.

=Afterwards in the courtroom with the diplomats.=

The Papal guards would have been called out to help defend the city and would have been brutally murderd, the Ghulams however would remain untouched and so would the courtroom during the entire duration of the battle.

The prince would enter the courtroom with a certain air of self-confidence.

My diplomat has informed me of the current events that have taken place in this room, I will however for now take his place.
    But first let me ensure you that security shall be strict, but everyone shall have the same priviliges, you are all free to go where you want. However you dear templar stormed out without giving us a chance to reply, I will reply to you since now you seem so noble to stay here with us for a short moment, afterwards you can go as you please.
    He would first nod towards the Ayyubid diplomat, do not take offence in what I will say now it is not meant in that way.

Now you Templar listen good and decently.

You accuse us of laying siege to the Holy City, that is true, we are in fault here but we merely come here to rid the entire faith of a corrupt pope. You however have forsaken your duty towards all the Christians, I uphold my principles, I uphold the principles of our faith. You however lay with the muslims, you were send there to conquer Jerusalem, in that you have succeeded but now you lay at the feat of the Ayyubid Sultan, is that what our pope commanded you to do? I fear not, you were sent to kill /infidels/. You do not do your duty so first do your own before you take the moral high-ground and accuse besieging the Holy city and killing a rightous pope, while we actually save the Christians rulers of a corrupt pope and we save Rome of corruption by taking away this pope

He would then adress the Moorish and the Ayyubid Diplomat.

Due excuse me for calling you infidels as you now I hold both your people with great admiration and friendship. This is perhaps because I am not that religious, however the kingdom of Jerusalem, the /crusaders/, are meant to be extremely zealous they have clearly lowerd their standards.

20 Sicilian guards would enter the room and one would go to stand in a pre-determined place of the room.
    These guards will make sure there will be no misconducts while we controll the city.

He would look towards the "snake" in particular. Such as blades being smuggled in this room of friendship.

He would now adress everyone.

Also when leaving this room you shall find servants with the colours of your noble house, they will serve you and make sure you recieve proper treatment in this fine city, the best rooms and food.

Upon still seeing the Ghulams he would sigh softly.

Your soldiers are no longer needed we will garantee your safety here dear diplomat. He would be adressing the Ayyubid diplomat
    Last edited by Dallor; 04-06-2012 at 20:52.

Well, then I suppose they can stay and ensure your safety my friend, who knows, agents of your former pope may still be lurking nearby.

In any case, I take absolutely no offence. Since I believe you to be an infidel yourself, I can hardly be surprised that you would say such things about Muslims.

However, you should not disrespect the Templar. While I could not agree more about the barbaric nature of the crusades, the Kingdom of Jerusalem has come to see reason and no longer follows such false beliefs. He has become a well liked ally of the Sultan, and the people of the Dynasty now hope that those of the Kingdom of Jerusalem may someday join us in our ascension to Paradise.

Besides, our Sultan's feet are quite clean, and the rugs of our palaces are magnificent. Many would consider themselves lucky to lie at his feet. After all, even squatters may find salvation through true belief in Alah, and what better place to squat than in a palace?
    Not that I wish to imply anything... Fadi smiles sardonically at the Templar

Officially, the Sultan cares little about these squabbles among the Christian Church, but should a war begin he shall support those who have proven themselves friends. At this point in time, the Kingdom of Jerusalem alone has done so, but others are making progress I hear.

Additionally, it should be known that the Abuyyid Dynasty voices its support for its brothers in faith in the west.

The Prince would smile softly, although I highly appreciate your concern for my safety it is not needed. I know that the Ayyubid Dynasty is a strong one, and that offcourse you shall support your allies if there ever comes a conflict. But however I must ask that the Ghulams are send away since it is equal for everyone here, no one of the other diplomats have brought a unit of hardend warriors with them. It would seem like you are trying to intimidate us.

But that it seems you have mis-interpreted my little speech, what I ment by my sneer towards the templars is this. We are all gathered here as gentlemen in this room of friendship, you do not run away from your friends without letting them respond to your accusations.

I'm certain that your rugs are fabulous and that your sultan's feet are clean. I completely support the peace between your fine Sultanate and the Kingdom of Jerusalem, however I merely responded to his accusations of my duties as a Christian king. As you will all see when the dust settles, Sicily simply wants to unite the whole of Italy and afterwards thrive trough trade.

-He would release a short sigh.-

If you will excuse me now I must go and rest from the hard battle, I have come straight to this room afterwards to assure you all that your safety will be remained however I must go tend to my wounds now.

The prince would set off and the diplomat wich left before would re-enter the room.

Fadi nods his head and gives a wave to the Ghulams who immediately depart.

Very well, I do not wish to appear a brute.

The Sicilian diplomat would aproach Fadi, come let us talk in private.

He invites the Ayyubid Diplomat to come with him to a private room next to the courtroom.

Fadi accepts the invitation and follows. Meanwhilec Hami re-enters the court.

They would come in a room with a table and a few chairs. Come have seat my dear friend, I will give you a proposition you can not refuse.

He would sit down and take a sip of a glass of wine.

My dear friend let me put this delicately, my prince, our people, wish for our kingdoms to have a strong bond. As you put correctly your sultan does have fine rugs and clean feet however is a strong bond is to be made between our people we will not be at his feet but as his equals. I truely believe that both our dynasties could benefit from a mutual beneficial alliance. Since we have no plans of expanding outside Italy and you seemly are keen on expanding it would be perfect. Our money coffers would fill due to Italy's riches and you would become even more powerful.

The man would smile softly.

As soon as we have the entire peninsula of Italy we can obviously talk about gifts, or even loans of large sums of money whenever you might need it for your expansion plans. I know that you consider Crusade's to be filth so how convenient would it be for you to have an ally with an army next to the pope, to attack and kill him whenever he does you harm.

The diplomat would again take a sip of wine and await awnser.

-ooc-
    Important for all the other rp'ers me and Nightbringer are currently in a private room next to the courtroom you would not be able to hear the words we speak.

Meanwhile in the court

The Snake approaches the Templar and asks: "So my friend what is your kingdoms goal actually? We all heard the response of the Sicilian King to your accusations. I mean i perfectly understand why an alliance with the mighty sultan benefits you. He even gave you some cities to aid in your growth. The sultan is truly a generous and kind soul" *nodds at Hami*

"But one might wonder what the future is for this Templar haven in the Levant? I don't mean to prod but I am just curious what our other knightly brothers in arms plan. To be honest the Kaiser's idea was that you would try to form a new "greek empire" on the foundations of the old Byzantine Empire. But since the sultan, in all his wisdom, has chosen to keep this pearl of the Black Sea one might wonder what the point is to invade Greece anymore?"

OOC: you know it's your turn right nightbringer?? :-)

HRE up!
    @freakkriek
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=205&id=10088
    "OOC: you know it's your turn right nightbringer?? :-)"
    Yep, I was at work! :)
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 04-07-2012 at 10:16.

Fadi listens intently as the Sicilian speaks, and seems pleased by his words

I am sure such a bond is possible, but we must confer with our allies before making any binding agreements. You will get a better reply as soon as possible.

In the courtroom, Hami turns to the Snake
    Our hope is that one day the Kingdom of Jerusalem may join us in the Islamic faith, but in the meantime we hope that they may serve as mediators between the Dynasty and Catholicism.

As such, they shall be set up in Western Greece, and shall bear the full support of the Sultan as he reunites the Muslim world in the East.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 04-07-2012 at 10:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    "OOC: Yep, I was at work! :)"
    ok, thx for the quick play then :p
    England up: @Rougeman
    EU_ENG_T8.rar

In the courtroom, the Snake turns away from the Templar and bows to Hami while replying

"The Crusader States shoud praise themselves lucky with such an eloquent and protective ally as yourself. You even provide answers to you allies when they are posed questions."

The Snake turns away from Hami and while passing the Templar he whispers

"Whenever you want to discuss your future without the glare of your Egyptian Cobra's just send me a message."

The Snake walks to the window and watches the clouds passing by. He starts talking but to no one in perticularly.

"Well I reckon this is a good a time as any to mention the Kaiser and the Sultan of Cordoba have signed an Alliance. We hope this will lead to a peacefull eastern border for our empire as well as a flourishing trade. The Moorish Merchant are welcome in our lands and shall not be touched. We expect the same from them.

On that note, The Kaiser has started sending out merchants to all corners of the world, let it be know that an assassination or acquisition of this merchant shall be interpreted as a direct attack on our nation!"

After this the Snake opens the window and inhales the fresh air while mumbling

"God must be a diplomat himself, there isn't a greater job"
    Last edited by freakkriek; 04-07-2012 at 10:56.

I did not mean to be presumptuous in answering for the Templar, I merely meant to make the intentions and hopes of the Sultan clear concerning the matter.

The Templar turns abruptly and regards the other diplomats with a stern gaze. He eyes Hami and a glint of dangerous zeal passes trough his eyes. The others are reminded that he is first and foremost a knight of a religious order, and such men are rarely know for their tolerance of insults.

"My King does not squat, and it is a fool that one who belittles his allies for personal amusement. Your ruler is just, I pray he did not send fools to do the job of honourable men. If Fadi speaks more of such matters, make sure that they are the will of your Sultan or else have him be prepared to back his words with a blade."

He then turns towards the remaining Sicillians and clenches his jaw.

"If your comrades and rulers were as much as interested in history and war as they were interested in coin and prostitutes, you would not spurt such gibberish and make fools of yourselves. The mission sent unto us first by pope Urban II and then our subsequent wars, were always to ensure the peaceful passing of pilgrims from Europe to the Holy Lands, and the securing of our Holy Cities that are depicted in the blessed Bible. As such, we have struggled bitterly with the formidable armies of the east. None of you know how riding in the desert feels like, with sand in your eyes, thirst in your throat and a horde of Mamluks on your heels. None of you have seen a war trained Destrier rear and throw a knight from the saddle, just because he smelled a camel. None of you have held a siege for two years, surviving on prayer and the leather from your boots and belts!

You speak boldly for a curs raised between silk sheets and milkmaids cooing over his being fed and bathed. Has a Sicillian foot stepped on foreign soil? Have your swords drawn blood apart from that of your Catholic brothers and the defenders of Roma? You have great demands for merchants with knives strapped to their side. Taking Roma has been done for your King's gain and nothing more. Our business in Outremer is our own and I shall discuss it only with those who would be able to see further than they could piss. Unless such a man has been presented to me, who knows Jerusalem from his mother's village, I deem you unworthy for my attention!"

He then signals the emissary of the Holy Roman Empire and nods for him to come to the side. The two men whisper and it is impossible for anyone else to hear what they are saying.
    Last edited by Myth; 04-07-2012 at 18:27.

The rocking of the litter and the stillness of the hot, sticky air inside was beginning to set her stomach foul, but somehow the girl endured it. It was narrow, with space barely for her tiny frame and that of her lady in waiting, and of course the ever looming shadow of her mentor and guardian, now sitting still, with lips pressed together in constant disapproval, and clutching her rosary beads as if they were a flail.

Yolande de Brienne sighed and instinctively raised her hand to loosen the conical headpiece strapped to her head with linen wraps, but a sharp stare from Sister Magdalene was all that she needed to reconsider and in defeat, return her delicate pale hands back to her lap.

"It was courteous of Caliph Al-Kamir to send his servants to fetch us all the way from the gates." Alanetes' voice was low and timid, and the girl was too obvious in her attempt to make this trip more bearable. Sister Magdalene eyed her from the opposite end of the litter and replied curtly.

"If they would have had carriages instead of this appalling and barbaric means of transportation, perhaps I would have been more impressed. Even allowing our own carriage to the palace would have sufficed, but forcing honourable ladies to be paraded trough the town on such a contraption is almost an insult in itself."

Yolande smiled at her mentor and resisted an urge to blow air down her cleavage. Her breasts were almost going to burst from her corset and small beads of sweat ran down from her neck and into the cleft between the two orbs that so easily reduced men to gibbering idiots. She was being hailed as one of the most beautiful women in the world, if not the most beautiful. Green eyed, blond and fair of skin, with noble and delicate features - a true French princess, even if she remembered little of her distant homeland.

Her mission today was that of an emissary - a royal messenger and diplomat that could not be easily ignored. She was nervous, her stomach in a tight knot, as she pondered her situation and that of her father's kingdom. The honour guard around her litter was of twelve knights Hospitallier, clad in steel and black tabards, with the visors of their helms lowered and their lances arrayed as a garden of death-inducing trees. On the other side rode the Templars, white tabards, shining steel plates and crosses etched in their shields. Behind her, French and English knights who were now of her royal father's household. All of them were excellent warriors - pious, proven in battle, good on horseback and on foot. Deadly with lance and sword and mace and all the other knightly weapons. They were also versed in poetry, chess, song and dance.

And they were a speck of steel amongst a vast sea of veiled men with dark eyes and curved sabres and scimitars. If the worst should happen, the men were instructed to extract Yolande and her two companions and charge down the road, making a break for the gate where the guards had been bribed to let the portcullis drawn long enough for them to slip away. A sound plan, and better than nothing, but somehow she doubted that if the Caliph wished it, they could leave Cairo with their lives.

"I find the litter a rather refreshing means of travel. See? How can a carriage do that?" Yolande's voice was mild but energetic. What she meant was that they had began going up a fight of long and shallow stairs, the gentle rocking of the litter a reminder that the men who carried them had experience in their job. That was reassuring.

"No more Parisian French, Yolande. Practice your Arabic - are you not an envoy?" Sister Magdalene scolded her, and crossed her arms. The brown rosary beads rattled angrily as if to agree.

"I think... that the Caliph... will-"

"shall" - the nun corrected her.

"...shall be most pleased with my father's proposal. Peace, stability and flourishing trade. What else... could he wish for?"

Sister Magdalene nodded and Alanete clapped in excitement and giggled girlishly. Yolande's maid-in-waiting was a pretty, dove-like creature. Black haired, blue eyed and pale as a porcelain doll. She was neither as busty, nor as regal as Yolande, but still possessed an earthly beauty common to all French maids.

"You have learned much, mademoiselle. Truly!" the girl exclaimed and smiled, much to Sister Magdalene's disapproval. If the old nun could do battle with half as much skill as she could disapprove of something, they would have needed no honour guard of knights.

"We have reached the palace, mon princesse." The leader of the guard was a Hospitallier named Jean, he held renown as the best lancer this side of Rome.
    "Good. Then shall we come out in all our splendor?" Yolande asked with a coy smile and earned herself another disapproving stare from her mentor.

"By all means, please do, and be welcome to my palace."

The voice startled her. It belonged to a slim, dark skinned man, dressed in lavish silk robes and adorned with precious jewles the likes of which Yolande had not seen before. He spoke French, the dialect of Britanny, and he spoke it much more aptly than she herself did Arabic. The princess blushed, and not as a means to charm her host. The Fatamid caliph was a handsome man, who possessed a disarming smile and an aura of ease about him uncommon in rulers of other nations. Yolande stepped out, and her entourage followed. They found themselves on an impressive square, with a crowd gathered on all sides about them, and a double line of Ghulam warriors keeping the way to the palace clear. The palace itself was grand, tall and spectacular. Decorated with the peculiar eastern style of colourful and detailed ornaments, and pointed arched doors and windows. Tall minarets littered the skyline everywhere around them, as to remind Yolande of Allah's mighty grip on this once Egyptian city.

"Please, join me, and let us discuss the future of our people." The Sultan spoke easily, calmly, as if he had not done her a great honour by coming out to greet her himself. He glanced at her breasts, so generously exposed, and for a moment she could read a mixture of lust and contempt in his eyes. Such were not the ways of their faith and their women, beautiful as they may be, hid themselves from all the world bar their husbands. Good. He was still a man, after all, even if he were the Sultan of her father's enemies.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast