Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: With Great Sacrifice [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default With Great Sacrifice [Concluded]

It is the forty-fifth day of no rain. My heart sat low as I approached High Priest Tlacaelel’s quarters. I gripped the record in my hand tightly. I saluted the two guards who stood at his doorway. The one on his right extended a hand, and placed it on my shoulder, shaking his head. I understood the meaning, and sat down on the stone floor outside. After a short time, four more guards adorned in jaguar skins exited the room, carrying the unmistakable banner of the emperor. I immediately prostrated myself, waiting for him to pass. After a minute, his rear guard finally began their descent down the steps, and I stood up once more. The guards gestured me in.

Tlacaelel was clearly agitated. He paced back and forth in front of his bed. He noticed me enter, but only gave a cursory nod to acknowledge my presence. I bowed.

My High Priest,” I started. “It seems that… the gods are still not yet satisfied. The crops continue to fai-

I am aware, Quautli. The Emperor is gravely concerned. He is blaming us for the drought. He claims we haven’t shown ourselves to be dutiful enough. Our sacrifices are not sufficient, he claims.

I wasn’t sure what he meant by this. Was blood not blood? The High Priest sighed.

He claims that Paynalton approached him last night. The sacrifice of our captives is not glorious enough. Their blood and spirit are not pleasing. He… he said that he demands holier sacrifice. A single, pure sacrifice.

I tensed. At times, I wished my master would be more direct. Did the Emperor actually order what was being implied?

The Emperor has ordered us, along with every other priest, several commanders, and the servants, to join him in the lower chambers of the great pyramid. He claims it is there we shall divine who this is. You…” he paused. “You should say goodbye to your wife and child, to be safe. I do not know if he has one person in mind, but there is a chance one of us will be the choice. It would be improper to leave them on no notice. Now… go. We are to meet tomorrow morning. Enjoy the day.

The guards behind me took me in each arm and ushered me out of the home. This was unbelievable. Was the Emperor mad? Would he lock us in and butcher us until it rained? Yet, there was no alternative. If the gods demanded such, who are we mortals to object?

My last night before the… trial, I will call it, was horrid. My wife does not approve. She feels that we’re being blindly obedient to gods that don’t care for us. In spite of my pleas for her to cease her blasphemous talk, she does not calm down. I spent the night in the main room. I only managed a small amount of sleep when I saw the sun rising with the fallen warriors in the east. With a sigh, I left without waking either of them.

I arrived to the inner sanctum of the pyramid, feeling more apprehensive than a common scribe should be to witness it. I stepped into the main hall, apparently one of the last to arrive. There were a large number of men far more important than me gathered about, sitting around a stone tablet erected in the middle of the square room. It occurred to me I had never been to the sanctum itself. There were far more torches and braziers to illuminate the room, showing the artful decorations. The right wall showed Huitzilopochtli welcoming fallen soldiers to his golden kingdom. The left showed Mictlantecutl laughing as he collected the bones of those who perished less gloriously. The far wall showed Quetzalcoatl flying across the sky, barring the previous two from interacting with the other realms.
    I was shaken out of my reverent observation by Tlacaelel, who was standing in the center, side by side with the Emperor.

Welcome everyone. I will not waste our time with introductions. The Gods are not satisfied with our sacrifice. Our great Emperor was visited by a godly messenger. They demand a single sacrifice, he with the purest spirit. That is why we’ve assembled our best here. We shall divine our single, most pure spirit here, and with their sacrifice, save the rest of us. The matter is graver than any we’ve approached yet. That is why this will be a collective effort. My own judgment has been… in error recently. We will not leave until that one has been found. The pyramid complex has sufficient food and timber reserves to last us until we are successful. If we should need sleep, there are servant’s quarters that we’ve vacated for the time being. I repeat- we are here until we have finished and the gods send rain. We shall start the endeavor now…

Hello again! Welcome to my current hosting endeavor. I'[ll cut the chatter there and simply explain the minimum. The town consists of the priests and warriors attempting to find the pure sacrifice. The Mafia's motives will not be quite as clear cut. There will be a minimum of roles. The town will have, at it's disposal, at least one doctor, and possibly an investigator of sorts depending on the numbers play out. There will also be one currently unidentified "mystery" town role. The mafia may have additional abilities on top of killing. If I were playing, I would not rule out 3rd party roles. I'm hoping for at least 30, up to 40 players. 40 would be ideal, but I can work with 30. There won't be alt accounts for this game.

General rules stuff:

NO QUOTING HOST'S PMS, NO QUOTING CHATLOGS, NO SCREENSHOTS, NO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS, AND NO TRANSLATING PM'S-You may claim whatever you want, including role name, so long as you don't quote my PM's word for word, or very close to word for word. You may quote pm's from other players.
    The dead cannot reveal anything, including previous night actions, but they may participate as much as they want to contribute to general discussion. The dead also may not communicate outside the thread in any way, shape, or form relating to this game, be it via PM, chat, quicktopic, or other.

I do not allow Vote: No Lynch as an option. Period. You may abstain, however.

If you wish to take back a vote, you CANNOT do it by editing a previous post. I will not count it. Period. You must unvote:GeneralHankerchief in order to recant the previous vote. In order to vote for someone, you must do so in the usual Vote:issaikhaan style. Votes must be bolded, for reference.

WOKs(Wrath of Khaan) will occur if a person does not vote 3 rounds in a row, or if they do not vote in 4 rounds in total. Please, please don't make me do so. It won't be a pretty death.

Suicides will only be allowed in the event of a person being very much unable to participate in the game. I do not allow suicides for any other reason.

No links to anything outside of this thread. Period. I don't care if it pertains to something completely irrelevant.

It would be very helpful for the sake of my sanity if player's kept a tally running.

Please don't mess with the tally! I know sometimes errors happen, but if I determine that anyone deliberately misrepresents the tally for benefit, they will be wok'd.

Voting periods will be 24 hours, though it will likely end up being 36 on a number of occasions depending on scheduling issues.

Any ties in voting will await someone to break it. First vote to either person who is tied will result in lynch, regardless of any posts after it.

Signup Tally:

Atheotes
    Bsmith
    Chaotix
    Csargo
    Daveshack
    Edse
    Fluffy
    GeneralHankerchief
    Ishmael
    Jarema
    Landlubber
    Lazy McCrow
    Lewwyn
    Montmorency
    SalmonSoil
    Seon
    Visorslash
    White eyes
    Yaropolk
    Zack
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 02-25-2012 at 00:13.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Default Re: With Great Sacrifice

The sacrifices have failed? What transgression has caused this?

Some pollution begs not the cloth, but the knife; this I accept and understand.

Sin is sin.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I feel your pain

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

Playing.

I'll play, even though I'm awful in games with no alignment reveal.

Ummm.... uhhhh.... errrr. Indigo is a nice colour?

Blog Entries

Welcome to the .org, SalmonSoil.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

In

I'll play.

In please.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Here we go again...
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

I'd like to play please

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I'll play, even though I'm awful in games with no alignment reveal.
    Is this game wihout aligment reveal? It isnt stated in a opening post.
    anyway, IN

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I am not entirely sure, but I think I've failed, badly, in every Khaan-hosted game that I ever signed up for. I think I need to spare myself the embarrassment this time.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

in .

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

IN

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I am not entirely sure, but I think I've failed, badly, in every Khaan-hosted game that I ever signed up for. I think I need to spare myself the embarrassment this time.
    ANd continue the record of failing. Bad Pizzaguy.

And I'm take a crack at this one. Even though I've been woeful in every game to date.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Well, I seem to recall you did pretty darn well in Mongolica.

Thanks to everyone who's signed up thus far. I'll see what I can do to wrangle up a few more.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

IIRC I asked for Beskar to not be killed immediately and delayed his execution until just before he was going to make me mafia. I can't claim much credit for the win and I nearly joined him in his fate.

But point taken.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Alright. In

in. need a game.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in for this, I think.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Inzorz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

*snores*

Huh, whut?
    Mafia?
    Uh...sure....
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Blog Entries

Giving signups another 36 hours.

I'm in!
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

Alright, can't really give this any more time. Starting to send out role pms now.

Yea!!

Blog Entries

Apologies for the delay, got caught up. PMs should be out within the hour.

Yea!!
    (hopefuly)

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast