Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: A History of Violence [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: A History of Violence [Sign-ups]

Here it is, LazyMcCrow.

After this, I'm going to bed because I have to be at work, on my day off, at 11am. After being at work today on my other day off.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    Enough of this waiting...let's fight!
    Interesting point- Lazy had been the alternative on the first round, where they were tied. He edged out in a duel and hasn't died since.

A bit odd that he was never resolved by lynch or murder after that tie. I completely spaced that.

Vote: Seon

...and Nightbringer: If we have to duel, you'll probably beat me... but I'll make you eat that fake beard first.
    Hmm.

White_Eyes:D: 4 (edse, Arjos, atheotes, LazyMcCrow)

Riedquat: 4 (Seon, SalmonSoil, Jarema, White_Eyes:D)

Nightbringer: 1 (Riedquat)

atheotes: 1 (Nightbringer)

vote: White_Eyes:D FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
    Why vote W_E when you seem to want to watch a duel, and just posted that the tally was tied without said vote?

Phew - Glad the scum are dead!

vote: Nightbringer
    Fair enough.

What? The Tuuvi who is already dead? You're not helping. {IGNORE}
    It should be evident that nobody takes Monty's wackiness very seriously, so if Lazy is scum, this is pretense disguised as townie reaction.

Great, Pizzaguy. The question is, is it pretense or is it townie reaction? Good job. Have a medal, you analytical whiz kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    You neither! At least he is giving a reason, wrong and crazy but a reason after all...

What is your reason for going after Nightbringer in two consecutive days? uh?
    Good point.

Three reasons:
    1) Its personal: Nightbringer forced me into a tie position to fight Monty day 1. You say OMGUS? I say mmmmwhadeva: considering I was one of the subjects of the only, but awesomely disturbing write-up, my vote for NB is a semi-serious kneejerk for the joke he made about me being a murderer after Monty was 'lynched'
    2) Despite the attempt yesterday to put pressure on someone who has been 'exciteable' at the start of a game, the attempt was over run by the nonsense wagon on Kagemusha.
    3) He has a fake beard.
    The write-ups are horrible.
    Note to self: Lazy is reading the writeups closely. I admit that besides the paper cut one, I haven't actually gone back to read Visor's updates because they were done too long after the fact.

But why is the lynch bait killed every time?
    vote: ATPG
    This is perhaps the post which sent me off the deep end regarding Lazy. This, unlike most of the other posts I've analyzed from Lazy (or Dave, or anyone else for that matter) is the one post of the game which reads horrendously scummy all by itself. In the blistering red category.

Do you know what? I could, but it actually doesn't matter. You are mafia and so is Arjos. He is taking one for the team in order to get you through the final day.
    This was obviously slapped together with no serious analysis being attempted. Coupled with the previous post, it just chokes of fakeness.

Daveshack. So that...makes... him innocent?
    Well, that theory is provably wrong due to the fact that Dave and I are both still alive.

Where is the serious attempt to find my mafia partner if I'm mafia? Who is my scum buddy? I want to know.

I just don't get a whole lot of serious analysis by Lazy, even though he's posting up a storm.

I for one appreciate the analysis Nighty and actually agree with it for the most part.
    "Thanks for doing the work for me" post.

Time you posted something super-townie, pizza - like the previous days?
    This post is jarring in its strangeness.

Lazy, I haven't been in oodles of games with you, even though we've worked together closely, you're still a strange cat dude.

It feels like you're waiting for me to win the game for you, which is bad townie play, or hoping I'll make a bad case on a townie and win the game for you as mafia, which is good mafia play. I don't like this post.

Don't mind at all. My vote on you is because I'm fairly sure that 'lurky' Daveshack is as innocent as I am, which leaves two out of the remaining three of you need lynching asap. Moreover - Your polite enquiry does nothing at all in my mind to exhonorate you - merely adds more kindling to the fire. Who do YOU think is scum?
    Snuggles Daveshack, and bounces suspicion back onto Salmon, who seems pretty damned townie to me now.

SalmonSoil and Jarema are the scum. The only other option is Daveshack & Pizza and I just don't buy that. SalmonSoil was practically holding Jarema's hand in that last post when he pulled his vote from ATPG to me. not to mention the (emboldened) clangers below:
    Salmon and Jarema as scum is a theory I think we can reject as totally false, and Dave and Pizza is also false due to the game continuing.

This is a problem because these are the only two theories Lazy has explored, which means he's at best a sloppy townie who isn't leading us to victory, but since he's never struck me as a bad player, that paints the conspicuous absence of the real deal on his list of the "only" options remaining.

If you're a townie you can at least list all the remaining possibilities and be correct that one of them is true. Lazy's uncharacteristically well... lazy analysis seems to be deliberately omitting the truth from the list of possibilities. That's not good.

Lazy has now won two duels, meaning he's survived two attempts by the town to rid him of the game.

Too late. Mafia win. Pizza is mafia & Daveshack is mafia and Jarema is mafia - I don't care which combination is true cause one of them is. As I said before Pizza - if you are mafia then well played sir. If however, you are town, then everything you wrote above applies double to you.
    This post is really the cream of the bad crop. This post contains defeatism, which I absolutely despise, followed by a hollow attempt to turn my own words at me. He doesn't even explain how I've been a bad teammate, just says that I am when I accuse others of it.

Maybe it wasn't very diplomatic of me to state my feelings for the record, but Lazy is jumping on it in a way that does not feel natural. That plus the wrong suspicions he's posted plus his two lynch survivals....

I took Dave and Lazy off my top list of suspects, and put Salmon and Jarema there. But as the game develops we learn new things and read things with a better perspective with the most possible knowledge.

Jarema's play strikes me, but Lazy is actually right up there with Jarema, or worse. I can't agree with my earlier assessment of him as probably townie.

I don't know if he's being a bad townie or a good mafioso, but I'm finding it distressing that he's still alive and that he's putting forward what he has been putting forward as his suspicions.

Conclusions:
    • Lazy or Jarema, the events of tonight might help me assess a lean on which is worse. Maybe.
    • Dave is less suspicious than the other two, and if Dave is mafia, we are completely boned because it's me and Lazy and Jarema as townies and we all pretty much find dave innocent and each other to be scum. Plus I'm still alive and that means I'm the default lynch for tomorrow.

Lazy if you're townie, you honestly do need to get a grip on yourself. You're acting way worse than you usually do and I can't explain why without going to the possibility of your scummitude.

What is your explanation for all this bad behavior?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Ok cool - I'll do you then. Woo! Go Team!
    You'll do me? Don't tease me like that. Pizza demands satisfaction, and I'm not sure you have what I need.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: A History of Violence [In Play]

Your analysis of me had better be good, because my main criticism of you is that your analysis so far has been LazyMcSuckage.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    What is your explanation for all this bad behavior?
    The unfortunate and correct answer in this case is: That I am not a very helpful, incisive or perceptive townie

As you can judge quite easily by my sloppy analysis of your good self.

Posts 1 - 4:
    Joking. Singles out Kage as target. 'Pre-emptive' vote on Monty

Jocular mood. praises Kages sexiness. Complains about papercuts

Refers to other sites in which he is also not contributing very well to justify absence and 'super-business'

Post 119: Admits to being mafia

I don't even lurk as townie. And I've tried a couple times. It's far too lame, I can't sustain it.

Jokes about being a meta-gamer

Post 127
    Throws an accusation at his scum-buddy SalmonSoil after which they flirt outrageously:

'Member thankful for this post: Askthepizzaguy ' etc.

Claims Sheriff (albeit - of 'Shagtown')

Points out how Monty sounds mental. Becomes more active as the herd thins Then gets super-townie. Suspicions of pizza start getting flung up in the air
    Spends the next 10 or so posts liberally sprinkling wine over everyones prom dresses, before bemoaning the fact that eveyone will probably jump on him in the morning - he KNOWS HE WILL BE ALIVE.

Goes into super-townie mode.

The present.

So - just to be clear: Kill me tonight or I will vote for you tomorrow.

he KNOWS HE WILL BE ALIVE.
    Well, if I was gonna be murdered, it would have happened by now, wouldn't it? Obviously someone likes me for the lynch, which is why I find the folks who have tested the waters regarding my lynch and then pulled back when it didn't seem likely to happen, the most likely candidates for scum at the moment. Because that would indicate that your plan is to get me lynched, but if you can't do it, you can always save me for the next round and try someone else on for size.

Which means it's not real suspicion, is it? But suspicion that is convenient and also dependent on the likelihood of me being lynched.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

So - just to be clear: Kill me tonight or I will vote for you tomorrow.
    You're the boss.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Sure. Let's just see. I was assuming that it was game over - I still think it probably is - but if it isn't and that means there is only one mafia left, then I'm happy to bet that its you.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Ok
    I will try to answer why I play how I play
    firtst, I am never a good player. I never do much analysis, I am weak at hunting scum. I know it, I try a bit to get better, but I am not a good mafia player. But this applies to my every game, and in this one, my level of meaningful activity was really low.
    This is mostly because I do not have much time due to RL issues. Of course, if I was mafia I would say exactly that if I wanted to explain my behavior. The second thing is, that my activity is always lower in games without aligment reveal on death - for some reason, I feel realy overwhelmed by it (probably because I do not know if any of my earlier guessess were correct, and it feels like if the game were getting more and more complicated from day to day; opposite of how it feels for me in games with reveal on death - I understand that is not true, and that there is more and more information to analyze, but I cannot help starting feeling helpless). I think that only mafia games without reveal on death were I was more active, were the ones where I was a scum - with the single exeption of Road to Hell game, where I tried to guess something about special mechanics of game.

MNy thoughts for now:
    As for Pizza: if he is alive so long, then either he is mafia, or he served mafia well with his suspects. A lot of people, when playing mafia, is affraid of him - when I was mafia on civfanatics not long ago, my scum buddies were trtying to persuade me into shooting ATPG almost at every night, and each night we evaluated if it is not too risky to let him stay alive one day longer.

The response to your comments about not being a good player is the following game:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=451450

Here you were scum, and survived to the end with very little suspicion on you the whole way through. Lots of analysis was done, so it is not like you weren’t looked at closely either. I’d say you are a better player than you give yourself credit for.

Regarding Pizza – when I am mafia I like to keep him around longer – especially in games where the dead can still talk. A dead Pizza (especially if night killed) is usually an innocent Pizza, and that makes people listen to him even more. He almost becomes more dangerous to you dead than alive. Keep him around and you’ll inevitably get the “if Pizza is alive he must be scum” discussion going, and it is not too hard to push attention towards him and away from you and your scum buddies.

EDIT: Of course now I am going to have to kill you early on, Pizza, the next time I am mafia.
    Last edited by BSmith; 03-29-2012 at 16:19.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Lazy has been killed. Begin... the final day.

Round may be extended if you want or require.

Alive 3/17:
    8. Jarrema
    9. DaveShack
    12. Askthepizzaguy

Dead 14/17:
    5. Monty: Lynched Day 1
    15. Lewwyn: Killed Night 1
    14. Splitpersonality: Lynched Day 2
    10. Tuuvi: Killed Night 2
    3. Riedquat: Lynched Day 3
    13. White_Eyes:D: Killed Night 3
    11. Kagemusha: Lynched Day 4
    6. Atheotes: Killed Night 4
    17. Seon: Lynched Day 5
    7. Nightbringer: Killed Night 5
    4. Arjos: Lynched Day 6
    16. BSmith: Killed Night 6
    1. SalmonSoil: Lynched Day 7
    2. LazyMcCrow: Killed Night 7
    Last edited by Visor; 03-30-2012 at 02:48.

Game is still going, so it looks like only one of you is scum.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Thanks to Nightbringer for the early round tally summary, which I shamelessly copied.

Day 1:
    Monty: 2 (ATPG, Tuuvi)
    ATPG: 1 (split)
    Nightbringer: 1 (Monty)
    White Eyes: 1 (Lazy)
    Lewwyn: 1 (Salmonsoil)
    Split: 1 (Arjos)
    Lazy: 2 (Bsmith, Nightbringer)
    Atheotes: 1 (Riedquat)
    Salmonsoil: 1 (Lewwyn)
    Arjos: 1 (Jarrema)

Day 2:
    Tally:
    Kage: 1 (ATPG)
    Seon: 2 (Lazy, edse)
    Salmon: 2 (Daveshack, Split)
    Split: 3 (Kagemusha, Jarema, Nightbringer)
    Jarrema: 1 (Riedquat)
    Atheotes: 1 (Arjos)
    Nightbringer: 2 (BSmith, Atheotes)
    ATPG: 1 (Tuuvi)
    Daveshack: 1 (Salmon)

Day 3:

Day 4:
    Nightbringer: 2 (LazyMcCrow, BSmith)
    Kagemusha: 3 (Arjos, Seon, atheotos)

Day 5:

Tally:
    Arjos: 2 (Seon, Salmonsoil)
    Seon: 3 (ATPG, Arjos, DaveShack

Currently:
    Alive 8/17:
    1. SalmonSoil
    2. LazyMcCrow
    4. Arjos
    7. Nightbringer
    8. Jarrema
    9. DaveShack
    12. Askthepizzaguy
    16. BSmith

Dead 8/17:
    5. Monty: Lynched Day 1
    15. Lewwyn: Killed Night 1
    14. Splitpersonality: Lynched Day 2
    10. Tuuvi: Killed Night 2
    3. Riedquat: Lynched Day 3
    13. White_Eyes:D: Killed Night 3
    11. Kagemusha: Lynched Day 4
    6. Atheotes: Killed Night 4
    17. Seon: Lynched Day 5

Night 5 -- Nightbringer killed

Day 6:
    Arjos lynched
    Arjos - Pizza, Jarema, DaveShack
    DaveShack - Arjos
    ATPG - Salmon, Lazy

Night 6:
    BSMith killed

Day 7:
    Salmon - ATPG, Lazy
    Lazy - Salmon, DaveShack
    ATPG - Jarema

Salmon lynched

Night 7: Lazy killed

Final analysis:

Jarema vs Dave+ATPG+Lazy : no win situation
    Dave vs ATPG+Lazy+Jarema : can kill either Lazy or ATPG and Jarema will vote for the other
    ATPG vs Dave+Lazy+Jarema : kill Lazy, Dave certain to vote for Jarema. Kill Jarema, Dave possible vote for Lazy

Potential buddies: Monty, Split, Riedquat, Kagemusha, Seon, Arjos, Salmon
    ATPG: Y, N, N, N, Y, Y, Y
    Jarema: N, Y, Y, N, N, Y, N
    Dave: N, N, N, N, Y, Y, N

Salmon:
    ATPG couldn't be bussing Salmon, because lynching Lazy wins the game if two mafia alive
    Jarema could have made a true mistake, and Salmon + Jarema would still be possible.
    I almost changed my vote to him, but almost doesn't count. Could be partner.

Arjos:
    They both voted for Arjos, and the very first vote in a phase is far too risky. Arjos is not the partner.
    Pizza gets a possible scumtell for leading off the wagon since Arjos seems to be innocent
    Dave 3rd vote, could be a bus but there was an alternative, not likely

Seon:
    ATPG votes first again. It's a OMGUS and could pass for such.
    Jarema didn't vote, or even post this round from the looks of it.
    Dave voted

Kagemusha:
    Neither one voted in the round but not likely to be ATPG's partner. Could be Jarema's.
    Dave missed vote, could be partner

Riedquat:
    Jarema Voted 3rd, but there was a clear alternative in White_eyes:D Not likely to be partner
    ATPG did not vote in the round
    Dave missed vote, could be partner

Split:
    Jarema voted 2nd, unlikely partner
    ATPG voted for Kagemusha, possible very safe bus depending on where in round -- nope, 1st vote again
    Dave voted with split against Salmon. Unlikely for partners to vote together this early with such low totals.

Monty:
    ATPG voted first again. Not partner
    Jarema voted for Arjos. Could be partner.
    Dave voted for someone else Could be partner.

Jarema possible partners: Monty, Kagemusha, Seon, Salmon (if a huge mistake was made)
    ATPG possible partners: Split, Riedquat, Kagemusha (extremely risky day2, possible bus by not saving)
    Dave possible partners: Monty, Riedquat, Kagemusha, Salmon

I still assert I'm townie, of course. If I were mafia, Riedquat would be the most likely partner, as I wouldn't make the mistake of voting with my partner Split on round 2, I could have saved Kagemusha, and Salmon was going down if he won the duel.

For Jarema, Seon sticks out as a likely partner. Salmon is a possibility if the failure to unvote was an honest mistake.

For ATPG, either Split or Riedquat are possibles. ATPG stands out as having been the very first to vote in many rounds. I called him out on the "mafia playing as super-townie" role and he admitted that this is one way he plays.

Still a hard choice. Comments?

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Good analysis dave. I have been thinking things over today and am feeling a bit more suspicious of ATPG than I had before. If you look at his round to round accusations, for the last few rounds he has made a strong case against a different person each round, and has been throwing accusations all over the place. I feel like this might have helped lead to a state of affairs where the town is having a hard time working together, as it has.

I can believe that ATPG might pull something like this off as mafia. Going all in and throwing out cases on people as much as possible in order to overwhelm everyone with targets. What do you guys think?
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Good analysis dave. I have been thinking things over today and am feeling a bit more suspicious of ATPG than I had before. If you look at his round to round accusations, for the last few rounds he has made a strong case against a different person each round, and has been throwing accusations all over the place. I feel like this might have helped lead to a state of affairs where the town is having a hard time working together, as it has.

I can believe that ATPG might pull something like this off as mafia. Going all in and throwing out cases on people as much as possible in order to overwhelm everyone with targets. What do you guys think?
    Town thought it was game over yesterday with two mafia left. I was allowed to kill SalmonSoil (the other scum) because I got lucky / it kept the game going. The only person who has been cranking the activity up because it was still all to play for is ATPG - who is your scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I think your odds of hitting scum will improve if you discard the tempting Pizzaguy as an option.

I didn't wait until this final day round to post an analysis or my suspects, because I have not been trying to win on the final round of the game, I've been trying to lynch the scum before this round, giving reasons why people are or are not townie, and doing my best to organize some sort of final resistance.

It is not at all advantageous to me to start pointing fingers at anyone last night where the scum can nightkill my top suspect and prove me wrong immediately. I have better strategic sense than that if my goal is to stay alive. My goal hasn't been to stay alive, it has been to correctly lynch someone.

Serious analysis of my play will lead you to the correct conclusion.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

My analysis of the game from last night still stands. I would like to know where Dave and Jarema stand on who their top suspect is, before I place my final verdict.

Jarema, you're still my lead suspect. Why is Dave scum?

Dave, if it is not Jarema it is you. Why is Jarema scum?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Triple post-

Feel free to ask me the same question, however I'll point out that I've already answered it with my analysis of the game. I ask you both to do the same.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Vote: ATPG

Feel free to convince me that Dave is scum, not you.

Wait...
    no...
    You won't do that :)
    you already gave up on trying to convince me and you are concentrating your mafia efforts on Dave, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post

Wait...
    no...
    You won't do that :)
    you already gave up on trying to convince me and you are concentrating your mafia efforts on Dave, yes?
    Well said.

Final round with ATPG?

TAKE THE SHOT
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Wow... Yesterday Pizza convinced me Lazy was scum... now I don't know who is who...
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Final round with ATPG?

TAKE THE SHOT

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    If he is guilty, it won't really matter at this point.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

That just leaves Dave. If my original guess was correct, and Jarema is scum, it's up to you now. If you're guilty you win regardless.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Still nothing.

All right, will go over this one one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveShack View Post
    Thanks to Nightbringer for the early round tally summary, which I shamelessly copied.

Day 1:
    Monty: 2 (ATPG, Tuuvi)
    ATPG: 1 (split)
    Nightbringer: 1 (Monty)
    White Eyes: 1 (Lazy)
    Lewwyn: 1 (Salmonsoil)
    Split: 1 (Arjos)
    Lazy: 2 (Bsmith, Nightbringer)
    Atheotes: 1 (Riedquat)
    Salmonsoil: 1 (Lewwyn)
    Arjos: 1 (Jarrema)
    D1 Jarema votes, Dave does not.

Jarema's vote is a one-off and does not decide between the two candidates.

Day 2:
    Tally:
    Kage: 1 (ATPG)
    Seon: 2 (Lazy, edse)
    Salmon: 2 (Daveshack, Split)
    Split: 3 (Kagemusha, Jarema, Nightbringer)
    Jarrema: 1 (Riedquat)
    Atheotes: 1 (Arjos)
    Nightbringer: 2 (BSmith, Atheotes)
    ATPG: 1 (Tuuvi)
    Daveshack: 1 (Salmon)
    D2, they both vote.

Jarema lynches Split over Seon or Nightbringer or SalmonSoil, possibly indicating a preference/partnership since this vote is more decisive.
    DaveShack votes Salmon.

Day 3:
    D3, Dave doesn't vote, Jarema ties Riedquat with W_E.

If Dave were guilty it would be unlikely that Riedquat would be.

Day 4:
    Kagemusha: 3 (Arjos, Seon, atheotos)
    D4, neither Dave, nor Jarema, nor even myself, votes.

Kagemusha is lynched by one vote. NB was murdered, nobody remaining reacts to Kage's death. Kagemusha is likely innocent and the mafia had no reaction to his death.

Day 5:

Tally:
    Arjos: 2 (Seon, Salmonsoil)
    Seon: 3 (ATPG, Arjos, DaveShack
    D5, Dave puts the lynch to Seon. Jarema has no opinion.

So far, Jarema's only truly decisive opinion has been the D2 lynch over Seon or Nightbringer or SalmonSoil.

Salmon seems innocent, NB is proven so.

It is possible, therefore, that Dave and myself actually lynched the scum on this day. It's possible Jarema did not want to spare Seon twice, as that creates a voting pattern.

Day 6:
    Arjos - Pizza, Jarema, DaveShack
    DaveShack - Arjos
    ATPG - Salmon, Lazy
    D6- also possible that Arjos was guilty, distancing from Dave. However, Dave could have just lynched me instead, rendering this highly unlikely.

I generally rule out Arjos as mafia here. The guilty party did indeed want him dead.

Day 7:
    Salmon - ATPG, Lazy
    Lazy - Salmon, DaveShack
    ATPG - Jarema

Salmon lynched
    Neither Lazy nor Salmon was guilty. However, myself and Dave seem to be attempting to lynch one of them.

Jarema on the other hand is indecisive.

My final analysis of the game on DaveShack and Jarema-

1) Jarema's vote only makes a difference in the outcome on the following rounds: Day 2 and Day 6. D2 was Split, D6 was Arjos. Arjos seems unlikely to be mafia. Possible that Split was mafia, but neither myself nor DaveShack made any attempt to tie the vote and make him survive, and I don't believe Jarema was bussing. As such, I believe that Jarema did not lynch any mafia this game.

2) DaveShack decides Seon, Arjos, and Lazy. If DaveShack is guilty, none of those are likely to be mafia. Lazy is not mafia, and Arjos is unlikely to be mafia at all. However, Seon was never ruled out as mafia.

As for myself, I decided on Monty, Seon, Arjos, and Salmon for the lynch. Only Arjos seems clear, so it's very likely I lynched the mafia.

I do not believe it was SalmonSoil, and I do not believe it was Arjos. Monty has been especially terrible this game, but I don't know if that makes him mafia. Plus, if I lynched Monty day 1 and he was guilty, why didn't I get murdered soon after?

That leads me back to Seon.

DaveShack and I lynched Seon, and Seon appears most likely to have been the guilty party we successfully lynched.

Since he's voting incorrectly now, and lynched no scums...

In the final analysis, Jarema is the weakest link. Good-bye.

Vote: Jarema
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Working on the assumption Seon is guilty, it's worth a double-check as to his contributions to the game as well.

Easy enough, as he only has five posts.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Innage.
    Pregame.

Facedesk. This is what school crunch time does to yah.

Vote: Riedquat for defending someone who's trying to avoid a WoG and voting someone for voting in an OMGUS fashion, two sure signs of a thinking, plotting mafiosi.
    More evidence that Reidquat was innocent. Check out Seon's reasoning for this vote.

Does this line smack of trying a bit too hard to slam Reidquat?

"defending someone who's trying to avoid a WoG and voting someone for voting in an OMGUS fashion, two sure signs of a thinking, plotting mafiosi"

Thinking, plotting mafiosi.

I didn't go after White_Eyes for his Wog-avoiding, and I OMGUS voted Seon. How does he react later, to the very same behavior he finds so scummy? With the opposite reaction as he does here.

Oh, Kage's acting like that?
    Vote: Kagescumusha.
    Scumusha.

Incorrect Seon, he's Sexymusha.

Honesty, you want me lynched, don't you? But at the same time, Seon, I believe you would be exactly that ballsy as to leave me alive all game. You are just as bad as me.

If it were just Jarema on that team, I doubt I'd be here, but you... you are exactly the kind of slimeball who would use me as bait.

ATPG knows that whoever votes for ATPG is scummy, so I'll let him be.

Unvote. Vote: Arjos Arjos is a good player. He avoided everyone's attention back in Batman Arkham Asylum. He has to know that voting ATPG is scummy and since ATPG voted for me, he jumped on me instantly. Ergo, he's a mafiosi.
    Final contribution to the game, jumping off of me with reasoning that shows he knows I'm innocent.

Seon pushes Arjos, but I think Arjos was innocent. In similar fashion to his previous posts, he globs on the "they're so scummy" paint on his paintbrush and smears Arjos as hard as he can.

I don't believe Seon was innocent, and I believe his being guilty completely explains both the violence in the writeups and my continued survival.

Seon and Jarema are guilty, and the trademark over-the-top violence that you'll find in the writeups points directly at Askthepizzaguy. It's all a game of WIFOM, a game that Seon plays nearly as well as I do.

That's game, set, match.

I do believe Lazy owes me an apology.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Oh, also:

If I'm correct that means I voted for both mafiosi using the tried and true, tested and proven, method of scum finding: OMGUS voting.

Do you guys remember the Buffy game where I annihilated most of the scum, as a vigilante, simply by destroying the folks who voted me?

This is that. OMGUS is not scummy, it is the single most townie move of all time. If that isn't clear by now, it never will be.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

All nice and good but I do not understand the part about your survival...
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    All nice and good but I do not understand the part about your survival...
    Conventional wisdom in a mafia game is to have Pizza lynched or murdered; the mafia will attempt to do one or the other because I am often successful in getting who I want lynched, lynched. If I'm townie then the odds are, I will accuse a mafia correctly and get them lynched at some point.

However, the conventional wisdom does not always apply:

1) Games with no reveal upon death means that I can't prove that I lynched a scum correctly. Which means I'm less dangerous to the mafia.
    2) The longer I am left alive in a vanilla game, the more tempting I become as a lynch. Several mafiosi have successfully gotten me lynched in all-vanilla games, even recently. Games where neither scum ever got lynched. And since I am not proven innocent upon lynch, I generally give up and can't get my suspects dead.

Mafia X, Byzantium's Twilight, just to name two off the top of my head.

I am far less effective in vanilla no-reveal games because there is no protown network, and no way to prove my innocence, and I am always considered likely to be guilty, even though statistically, I am mafia roughly one out of ten games.

I'm also suggesting that the mafia team here thinks unconventionally, since it likely includes Seon as a member. The strategic thinking of that team is likely coming from him, and this game has Seon written all over it.

"Why are all the lynch bait being murdered?"

It's fricking Seon, that's why. Because he does things specifically to with everyone.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast