Thread: 2011 Hall of Fame Vote threads are live

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Lightbulb 2011 Hall of Fame Vote threads are live

Nomination threads for the 2011 Org Hall of Fame are now active. Please stop by the HoF sub-forum and nominate members who have greatly contributed to the Org this past year.

Categories were consolidated this year, the number of awards were getting out of hand. For Medieval specific contributions, the thread is: Best MTW/STW Contributor

For Multiplayer, all the TW games are included in each category. The MP nomination forum is here.

For Mods, again all TW games are included in each category. The Mods nomination forum is here.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Default Re: 2011 Hall of Fame Nominations are live

First, I'd like to thank all that nominated me . This is the second best thing happened to me today. What is the first? Something mentioned by drone:

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I will nominate Stazi, he is amazing at finding little quirks in Medieval.
    Today quirk is - 512x512 is not the highest possible resolution for units. I've finally managed to make fully working 1024x1024 miltiframe BIF (and it doesn't involve any exe changes). What it means!?
    We can make units 4 times more detailed and less pixelated than now or we can put 4 current "high res" 512x512 units' animations in one 1024x1024 BIF (like in PMTW). This way we can have 4 times more totally different units without need of a new unit folders (which are hardcoded).

I've found it today (coincidence?) so it's still a fresh thing and needs more testing.

P.S. I'm currently testing 2048, 4096 and 8192 textures. Unfortunately, they produce serious glitches (but no ctd) so using them will probably need some exe tweaking.
    P.S.2 I hope I'm not making an idiot of me. Please, tell me if someone tried it before.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Today quirk is - 512x512 is not the highest possible resolution for units. I've finally managed to make fully working 1024x1024 miltiframe BIF (and it doesn't involve any exe changes). What it means!?
    We can make units 4 times more detailed and less pixelated than now or we can put 4 current "high res" 512x512 units' animations in one 1024x1024 BIF (like in PMTW). This way we can have 4 times more totally different units without need of a new unit folders (which are hardcoded).

I've found it today (coincidence?) so it's still a fresh thing and needs more testing.

P.S. I'm currently testing 2048, 4096 and 8192 textures. Unfortunately, they produce serious glitches (but no ctd) so using them will probably need some exe tweaking.
    4X more hi-res body types? That should open up the possibilities for more "fantasy" style mods. I can imagine trying to shoehorn men, elves, dwarves, orcs, trolls, ents, hobbits, et al into the fixed number of body types was getting tedious. Also, does this mean we will see a 8192x8192 Balrog BIF?

In other words (@Durango)

DUDE CA PEAKED WITH TEH MED1 FANCY GRAFIX AND BETTER GAMEPLAY!1!11!

The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    DUDE CA PEAKED WITH TEH MED1 FANCY GRAFIX AND BETTER GAMEPLAY!1!11!
    Man, this place just gets spammed up by trolls all the time. Is TWC down again? And now one of those trolls even gets to be a mod.

It's all down hill from here, people, I'm tellin' ya...

Default 2011 Hall of Fame Vote threads are live

The 2011 Hall of Fame voting threads are now up. Please take some time and vote for those Orgahs that deserve recognition.

MTW related categories:
    The Best MTW/STW Contributor poll is here.

The Outstanding Mod poll is here.

The forum for Multiplayer categories is here, several different categories that span the entire TW series.

Default Re: 2011 Hall of Fame Vote threads are live

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    P.S.2 I hope I'm not making an idiot of me. Please, tell me if someone tried it before.
    Nope, you are not... Yup, I did work/experiment with that in back in 2009 with 1024x1024 plates (nothing released, but I still think I have those old files stashed somewhere in my archives. I did not bother with anything bigger then 1024). And, it worked just fine. However, the sheer workload to actually make any serious use of it - made me abandon the whole thing (I already had 50 tons of work cut out for me at that point). And, unlike you I did not bother to post about it here (at the ORG or anywhere), figuring that too few, if any could do something useful with it (or be interested in that) - considering the workload involved.

Anyways, good luck with your nomination...

- A

I'm disappointed not to see MTW Redux listed in the Mod category. Surely it had at least one nomination.

Maybe next time / version, eh?

The polls close tomorrow, so if you haven't voted yet please do.

Hello Plato,

Don't worry about it. I think Redux had 2 nominations. Anyway, it was I who removed it from the nominations as I personally don't believe in the current doctrines and practices that governs the mod-related HOF awards - thus I did not want my work to be part of that activity. This is essentially a matter of general principles and had I been the responsible “custodian” for any other major mod/work - I would have removed that as well or I would not been doing my job. Basically, I don't believe in it as it is, and have acted accordingly.

- A