Thread: USB device

Default USB device

I've recently moved to central Australia, and my only internet access is through a USB broadband stick. This works fairly well; however, my laptop only has 2 USB ports and because the internet stick is rather fat it blocks both of them when in use. Whilst it's not essential, I'd like to be able to access the other port when using the internet, and so was wondering if anybody knew of a gizmo that could help?

Default Re: USB device

I don't know what they're called, but you can get those plug in things that have 4 (or more/less) USB connections on them, so you can plug more into your computer.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash
    I don't know what they're called, but you can get those plug in things that have 4 (or more/less) USB connections on them, so you can plug more into your computer.
    USB hub. You can also get a USB extension cord, which would move the broadband device away from the laptop and free up the other port, but a hub would be the better choice as it gives you more free ports for phones/cameras/thumb drives/etc.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

That sounds exactly what I need. Thanks guys!

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

If you buy a hub make sure it's powered, as in it draws power from a wall socket and not just the USB cord it hooks up to your PC with.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I