Thread: Hayasdan Campaign / Systematic CTD at the beginning of Kotais battle.

Default Hayasdan Campaign / Systematic CTD at the beginning of Kotais battle.

Hi. Like I said above, i've always the same crash before the battle while attaking the city of Kotais. (This is a Hayasdan campaign). I'm playing thru Barbaraian Invasion. The problem is the same, no matter wich side engage the battle (Kotais's army or mine). The game crash right after the batle map loading screen leave place for the speech of my general. Don't even haev time to see the landscape or my armie. No diffrnece with a lower res, or fewer troups...
    I had the same problem at tthe beginning of a getai campaign when I was attacking the city of Tyllis. I abandonned this one, caus I didn't want to fight a bug at turn 9.... But this Hayasdan campaign I really enjoy and doesn't want to stop now...
    Anyone had the same trouble ? I could use some help....
    Thx.

Oh, and for anotyher campaign, had a ctd due to the ai turn and tried to fix with the console_command control "troublefaction" thing, but this is not working anymore. I can't seem to make the gentricScipt work. It's weird, I had the same trouble before, but found a way to overpass. Now I don't remember what I dd to make it work. Do I have to put question marks on the troublefaction name or not ?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Hayasdan Campaign / Systematic CTD at the beginning of Kotais battle.

1. Crash at battle
    - EB1.2#+fixes?
    - any personal changes or additional minimods?
    - any Fm's involved with zero movement points?
    - when does it crash, directly after the loading screen or after the speech of your general?
    - use auto_win attacker/defender to get your victory

2. CTD on Ai-turn
    - check the section about this topic here
    - the control cheat doesn't work on BI, only with RTW

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Default Re: Hayasdan Campaign / Systematic CTD at the beginning of Kotais battle.

Hello, thanks for your attention. So far, your help has always been precious.

- EB1.2#+fixes?

Well, I've been checking this link before, and even installed the sprite fix, wich were already in my EB data. I use the mac installation of Eb, and like it is said in the insallation guide, this version works like a 1.3 patch, and seems to already contain the 1.2 fixes...

- any personal changes or additional minimods?

Yes, I installed the force-diplomacy mod (for roleplaying issues), AND the Roma Surrectum 2 environment. No Jirisy's mod, formation's mod, etc....

- any Fm's involved with zero movement points?

This I have to check. First time I read mention of it...

- when does it crash, directly after the loading screen or after the speech of your general?

It crashes directly after the loading screen, and before the general's speech. This happened in my Getai campaign when I tryed to assault the city of Tylis, and in this Hayasdan campaign when the Kotais army make a sally, or when I attack.

- use auto_win attacker/defender to get your victory

Well, I finally used the automatic Ai-generated batle, without the autowin, wich just change the resulrts, but doesn't seem to avoid the heavy casualties.

2. CTD on Ai-turn
    - check the section about this topic here

I already checked . That's where I found the "console_command control faction" cheat.

- the control cheat doesn't work on BI, only with RTW

Ok, o that's why I couldn't make it work this time.

(one hour after)

I loaded the savegame in RTW and took control of the troublesome faction. To observe that the CTD was generated by the same issue than in my previous experience (this was in my KH campaign and the trouble faction was Quardast). This time the trouble comes from the Romans. In most of the cities they conquered from Gauls and Carthaginians, the Ai was trying to repare the original government buildings. Even when there was already a roman gov buiding ! In Taras, for example, there were like 10 different gov buildings ! 1 and 2 gov type.
    I destroyed the antagonist gov houses and always, the pacification marker appeared in the contruction list, even when there was already a roman gov house... which, I destroyed, to build a new one (with the process_cq command). Then, the strange thing is that in the cities were there was already a gov house of type 2 for example, after it's destruction, end the pacification, I found myself with only type 3 or 4 gov type...
    (I hope my english is good enough to explain all this/ let me know if it lacks clarity...)
    This is ecxactly the same trouble I have been having in my KH campaign. At that time, after I fixed it, when coming back to my original faction, I realised that the Ai had mess with my gov house, builing several of them in the same settlement...

PS : For the x's time; I also would like to thanks the people in charge with this fantastic mod. I'm usualy not a gamer and ve been spending some months, now playing EB ! Helped to pass this very long and cold european winter. Every time I feel will get bored of it, I discover a new exiting and hallenging aspect of it. My Baktrian campaign and the hayasdan one are amazing ! Fighting the hordes from the steppe is a totlly new experience !

To make it a little clearer, I'll take the example of Tolosa, wich is located in the Narbonese Gaul, a territory wich is consodered by the Romans as a traditionnal expansion, region. When I took control of the Roman faction thru the "console_command" cheat, the Ai was in the process of repairing the Gaulish government house, though there was already a Roman Governement house of type II in trhis city. When I erased theGaulish gov house of the queue, the pacification marker appeared in the list of the things t repair. So, I considered that the type II roman gov housewhich is already built is not effective and destroy it. Then, after the pacification, I was given the choice to build a roman gov house of type III or type IV.
    This is something that I had to do in nearly everytown the Roman had conquered... After that, the turn could take place witout any crash.
    The only trouble, is that when I came back to my original faction (Bazctria), the Ai was already messing with my conquered territories gov house ! The fact that it had also completely disturbed my organisation was a minor pain on the ass compaired to the fixes I had to do to my gov house system...

So, is it something that currently happens in an EB campaign ?
    Also, I read somewhere that there was a cheat wich could disavble the Ai, is it true ?
    Thanks,
    Brennus.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

I know this behavior from other bugged BI games, this will come again....

Back to your repeatable crashing battle:
    Check the FM-thing
    Don't fight more than 4 battles on a session

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

I didn't know for the FM thing, and the 4 battles in the row. Thanks.