Thread: Visual glitch on the ground on Rome custom map

Default Visual glitch on the ground on Rome custom map

Hello.

First I'd like to thank the team for their amazing work on this mod. It's hard to believe how stable the game is with so many changes. It's not rome total war anymore. I know it's a bit late but better late than never.

Here's my issue. I played a custom battle on the rome map and I noticed that there is one big square of ground texture missing on each side of the town. It's like a square hole in the ground through which the sky can be seen. Those holes are the size of a building. I'd like to know if I'm the only one to have this problem and if not, if you managed to solve it.

Other informations that might be relevant:
    _ I have an ATI radeon HD 6950. All my drivers are up to date.
    _ I use EB 1.2 with the 3 fixes.
    _ I play with the exe from the Alexander addon. Night battles enabled. FX text files from Barbarian Invasion. I get no error message whatsoever when I quit the game and I get no CTD during the campaign. The battles I played so far showed no such glitch.
    _ I used the multiplayer EDU for this test (I don't think it's relevant but here it is anyhow).
    _ I used the default option for this custom battle: I just selected the rome map and launched a battle with random troops (aedui vs romani).

Again, thank you for this mod. You rock.
    Last edited by nemado; 03-24-2012 at 07:30.

Default Re: Visual glitch on the ground on Rome custom map

Hi again.

I gathered the alex modification might be an issue to solving this problem. So here's what I did:

_ I uninstalled RTW and its addons. I deleted every folder related to them.
    _ I installed RTW gold and removed BI files.
    _ I installed EB 1.1
    _ I installed EB 1.2
    _ I ran the validation batch. Every file checks out (except the RTW .exe which is normal since it comes from gamersgate).
    _ I put the 3 hotfixes where they should be.
    _ I ran the game with the EB shortcut
    _ I selected single player, custom battle, clicked on the rome map, then clicked next screen, then selected aedui vs romani, then clicked next screen, then randomized both armies, then launched the battle.
    _ There is still one big square hole in the ground on each side of the map. My guess is that a building model is missing or the entry of the building is missing from the map file.

Will the problem persist in the campaign? You know, as the Aedui, the climax of the game is to take Rome. I don't want to look like I'm complaining or anything since this amazing mod is free but those giant holes would definetly ruin the fun.
    Last edited by nemado; 03-25-2012 at 10:36.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Hello nemado,

thanks for reporting this issue, I'll see that I check this in the next days. Does it affect the battle in any case (crashing, bugged pathfinding)?

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

The hole is not right-clickable. Units don't see it as an obstacle and walk on it as if it were regular ground. It doesn't cause any CTD. You can also order them to stop moving when they cross it without any issue.

By the way, I just noticed there's grass on the hole.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

I can confirm this map glitch.

However, this doesn't affect the battle , thus we won't release any fix for this.
    I noted it for EB1.3 (which will be ready when it is ready), maybe we'll fix it for this version.

If you find other bugs please report them here!

Regards,
    XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions