Thread: Polybian hack?

Default Polybian hack?

I am playing as Romani and the Polybian reforms are not happening. I have done all the obvious things, I have always activated the script immediatly, I hold the correct provinces and it is 210 BC, I have demolished and rebuilt the MIC in the appropriate provinces and still nothing. My Italian provinces still say Camillian era.

Is there a way to cheat and get the Polybian reforms? Maybe a file I have to edit somewhere?

Cheers

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Polybian hack?

Hello Consul Terry, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

Just checking: is there a "Polybian Era" building in your cities? The "Camilian Era" marker doesn't disappear when the reform occurs (the reforms are scripted, but the R:TW script engine cannot destroy buildings); so the fact that it's still present doesn't mean anything.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Polybian hack?

First of the script checks for turnnumber. If it is less than 121, the reforms cannot happen.

You need to own two of Mediolanum, Segesta, Bononia and Patavium.
    You need to own two out of Syrakousai, Messana and Lilibeo.

Once you qualify, the marker for "Polybian Era" will appear in all Italian cities you own. If you have built quite a bit, that might be on the third or fourth row of buildings in your city. A city can have multiple era markers by the way.

Under section 2c of the EBBS_Script you'll find:
    ; Check Conditions
    monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType seleucid
    and I_CompareCounter Romanii_Reform = 0
    and I_TurnNumber > 120
    Change that number behind the ">" to a small number, and you can have Polybian reforms a lot sooner.