I'm re-discovering RTW EB with great pleasure, playing 1.2 a few years after my last try of 0.8. However, I'm more and more plagued by what I now call the Hourglass of Death (HoD) bug, since about 230 BC: upon ending a turn, the AI plays the other factions and when my next turn starts, the hourglass keeps spinning and I can't do anything short of ending the application through the task manager and re-launching the game.

I have checked the Frequently encountered issues thread, tried every trick there, including running the mod with the BI exe, but the HoD keeps appearing every 4-5 turns or so. I also tried toggling the fog of war and looking for rebellious cities but could not find any (although I admit it's a daunting task and I may have missed stuff). The only "fix" that works has been to reload a saved game exactly two turns earlier and just replay the turns. I don't even have to replay those turns very differently; it always seems to get me past the HoD, but only for it to appear again a couple of turns later.

I really enjoy the game and my campaign in particular, but I'm afraid this issue is getting too frequent now for me to keep it up. I have limited opportunities to play due to real life obligations, and I just can't afford to replay turns over and over again. As you can guess, I'm quite desperate to get any help I can get to vanquish the HoD.

Thanks in advance !