FM (birth rate)/regions ratio - client rulers ..do they count as FM´s now or not?

in order to find information about what to do best to increase the chances for FM´s to have children i found some threads pointing out that the FM´s/regions ratio is the most dominant factor.

and further: the question if Client rulers count in this regard as FM´s or not. (i mean push up the FM number though not listed as such in the familiy tree)

spent some time in finding some definite answer - but found very differing opinions ..and still dont know now if they do.

in my current KH campaign i use quite a lot of Client Rulers (in distant provinces) and i planned to change the Government to a type III there only when they die and everything there is ready for that change. ..but until then - im not so sure anymore after reading those threads if this is such a good thing.

..especially my original KH Families (Agiads, Eurypontids and Aithalids) often (not only in one campaign) have troubles to keep the bloodline.

well i only discovered lately that it is possible to swap retinue (which makes this game again much more fun) - so docters or herbalists (i guess both have the same effect on that?.) are available.

a second question is: the use of adoption - is this also some thing which prevents the original (or maybe all) Families to get own children?

much obliged,

Kleitos