Thread: Weird problem I am getting.

Default Weird problem I am getting.

So I am getting this weird error when I use the org. When the clock turns 10:21pm (22:21 for 24hr clock), I suddenly can't the org anymore. Any attempts at clicking a link or refreshing a page just leaves the org hanging and not loading at all. However, as soon as it turns 10:31pm, the last action I attempted to do will suddenly work and everything will be back to normal. It's like the org just stops working for 10 min for no reason. This has been happening to me for months now. Same time, every day. 10:21pm-10:31pm. Very odd. It doesn't bother me much except when I am trying to post something.

Do you guys know what the issue may be?

EDIT: My browser is Chrome if that helps.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Weird problem I am getting.

The Tech Admins will be able to answer this with certainty, but I believe it's the time of day when the forum does a daily backup. Nothing major, but in case something catastrophic happens we don't lose too much.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

As GH says, that's when the forum backups its database. We chose that time as the forum is usually quietest then.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Ahh, well that's no problem for me then. It was just an odd thing I had noticed.