Thread: Default Character Portraits

Member Member Scipio Germanicus's Avatar

Default Default Character Portraits

I would like to change the portrait one of the Greek Family Member's gets when he comes of age. Where is the file(s) that control what portrait they get?
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Dr. Stephen Hawking

from WarpGhost

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Default Re: Default Character Portraits

EB\Data\UI\(It's either EGYPTIAN or GREEK)\PORTRAITS\CARDS\YOUNG\(Either GENERALS or CIVILIANS)

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

That part I've managed to figure out. What I can't find is where the portraits are assigned to a character. Every time this character (Agis Eurypontidos) comes of age, he always has the same portrait. So, I reasoned that something is assigning the portrait to him, but I can't find where.
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Dr. Stephen Hawking

from WarpGhost

Oh no. That's random. It's randomly assigned whenever a character is born, and since he's already born by the time the game starts.

Unless it's in the \Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt, which I doubt it is.

~Jirisys ()

Member thankful for this post:

Darn. Oh well. Thanks for the answer. Perhaps you can help with another problem I'm having. I've been trying to remove the land bridge between Italy and Sicily but have had no luck. I've made sure no black squares are diagonal in the map_heights.tga. Is there something else I need to do?

from WarpGhost

Yes, the thing that makes land bridges is map_regions. I imagine you deleted the map.rwm from the sp game edu backup and the maps folders. If not, well do it. In the main RTW folder there will be a corrected_regions.tga. You rename it to map_regions and paste it into the base maps folder.

~Jirisys ()

Member thankful for this post:

Okay, it's not working so I must be still doing something wrong. I've changed the MAP_REGIONS tga and removed the pixels that are diagonal each other. I copied the corrected_regions over to the map folder and renamed it to MAP_REGIONS. map.rwm has been removed from both the map folder and the sp backup. Am I missing something else?

EDIT: Never mind. I tried again and it worked. Not sure what I missed before. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Scipio Germanicus; 03-21-2012 at 01:52.

from WarpGhost