Thread: Onna Bugeisha achievement?

Default Onna Bugeisha achievement?

Any easy way to achieve this? So far I've never had a castle of that high level under threat, as I am expanding rapidly by the time I am able to upgrade castles that far. Also, why would the AI ever attack such a castle with a force that could be defeated by just the retainers? I don't see this coming about in normal play, so if anybody has tips on how to induce this behavior, could you share them please?

Default Re: Onna Bugeisha achievement?

I achieved it normally in a surprise attack on my main castle (broken alliance while I was Oda, and Owari was vulnerable). I had a couple of Ashigaru units beyond the castle garrison. The Onna bushi proved the decisisive unit by second winding my badly depleted garrison units at the last inner gate and then by single handedly helding off four enemy units.

So, it is not easy, but it is doable. Oda, Takeda and Tokugawa seem to be the most vulnerable to this

I had a couple of Ashigaru units beyond the castle garrison.
    Are you saying you had additional, non-retainer units in the fight? I tried that before, using additional units with no general as reinforcements. One of those units was counted as the "general" and I didn't get the achievement.

Yes, here's a screenshot with the army bar, it was actually a peasant revolution in my first game, when I didn't know how food surplus worked The units with xp were the non-garrison forces.

Last edited by Narcisista; 03-29-2012 at 02:15.

I got the achievement as Chsokabe after I took over Mori country and some Oda navy dropped off an army at one of those settlements with a blacksmith, which I upgraded to max level.

Though they look cool I wouldn't say the Onna Bushi are that effective - I find the extra garrison ashigaru and samurai retainers (who are the most underrated unit in the early game IMO) more useful.

And if you are building or capturing castles and citadels you are probably fighting enemy factions that will send multiple stack samurai- and ronin-heavy armies to attack them in which case your 7 or 9 free garrison units won't be enough (the exception is Kyoto which late enough in the game will have ready-made high level dojos that also supply extra free katana, naginata, bow or whatever samurai units as well so you can have virtually a full stack defending it - usually I just move my Daimyo there and leave it otherwise empty).