Thread: Crusader Kings 2 AAR- Being a History of the Lords of Ulster

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Crusader Kings 2 AAR- Being a History of the Lords of Ulster

Crusader Kings 2 AAR- Being a History of the Lords of Ulster

This will be an AAR using the Ulster faction in Crusader Kings 2.

I will play with my House Rules from the original game:
    1. All event decisions based on character traits as much as possible, rather than gamey decisions for stat or money boosts.
    2. Assassination used as little as possible, and never for gamey reasons such as a poor heir, unless it could be justified from character traits.
    3. As little war-mongering as possible, in the original this was based on only going to war when I had an honourable reputation and building it back up afterwards. Not sure if there is a similar reputation mechanic this time around.
    4. Marriage is limited to the island of Ireland as a Count, Great Britain and Ireland as a Duke, as King of Ireland I am free to marry my characters to any suitable Catholic. This is more of a problem than the original with the Prestige hit for marrying a courtier, but I'm going to go ahead and keep it anyway.
    5. I play on the lowest speed setting, even when nothing is happening in the early years.

I tend to play quite slowly, so it will be updated as each year passes in the game. I've only just got the game, though I played a lot of CK with Deus Vult and the DVIP mod so hopefully I'll pick it up quickly enough,
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 04-04-2012 at 20:08.

Member thankful for this post: