Thread: USB install / run MTW?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb USB install / run MTW?

Hi all!

(apologies if this isn't in the appropriate place)

I've been browsing the forums for the last few days as a guest and was so inspired by the lovely community you guys have here I thought I'd sign up.

Actually that's not the whole truth, I also joined for more . . . unsavory reasons, namely free help with getting MTW to work on a win7 64bit, 6 year old laptop (and yes it works better than under xp, thanks for asking).

Anyway out came the install disks and, as expected, there's a problem. Basically I click install and installshield starts up, the disc wurs and the blue bar fills up to 100%. Then nothing. The disc spins down and eventually all the windows close (but the processes - setup.exe *32, _ISDel.exe *32 and _INS5576._MP *32 still run, fully choking up one of my two cores).
    I've done all the usual compatibly stuff and still no joy.

So my idea is this
    Instead of wasting precious life force on my laptop, I'll install Medieval from my dad's computer (which works fine) onto a USB stick, transfer the files onto my laptop and conquer europe.
    I've got this sort of thing to work with Age of Empires 2 and Unreal tournament 2004, and Company of Heroes doesn't notice when I reformat the windows hard drive on my desktop, so I'm hoping it will work.

But if I could run it straight from the USB then all my campaigns and stuff would be on there. Imagine. Play on my laptop on the train to Uni and then transfer to the larger desktop screen
    Medieval strikes me as a sensitive game though... I'll report back once I've found a large enough USB and/or stolen the external hard drive. A new era could be about to dawn
    Last edited by Dellathane; 04-04-2012 at 17:18.
    Currently day dreaming about having the funding and man power to port MTW to mobiles. Whole and unaltered.
    Having a nightmare getting it to run on more than 2GB of RAM