Thread: Altering Casse generals

Question Altering Casse generals

So, strange thing. I'd long ago modded the Casse general bodyguard to use the druid units instead of chariots and started a new game. I've been playing this game for literally years, I think I started it in 2009 or so.

Just a few days ago I noticed that somehow my Casse bodyguards have picked up chariots again (not exactly sure how), so I edited them back to druids. Now whenever I adopt a new general his bodyguard is Libyan calvaly, Meqpeqed Libi or something similar.

I have saves going back ages so I can revert to an earlier save, but is there any way to keep this from happening?
    Last edited by Blooo; 04-05-2012 at 01:11.

Default Re: Altering Casse generals

80+ views and no comments, guess it can't be fixed eh? Bummer :( Wish I knew how how my generals got switched back to chariots in the first place. Double :(

Default Re: Altering Casse generals

Quote Originally Posted by Blooo View Post
    80+ views and no comments, guess it can't be fixed eh? Bummer :( Wish I knew how how my generals got switched back to chariots in the first place. Double :(
    I am not sure what you did wrong. I had this happen once before myself. But that hasn't happened since. Here is the original thread to make them late champions

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=1#post2278313

the key is to add "general_unit" at the end of attributes, change the cost per turn to 0, make sure the original line stays the same (celtic chariot cidainh bodyguards), and make sure the ownership is only britons, slave. Those are the 3 changes required (other than the unit itself).
    Here is my entry if I want to use the heavy sword units.
    ;18
    type celtic chariot cidainh bodyguards
    dictionary celtic_infantry_kluddargos ; Kluddargos
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type General_1
    soldier celtic_infantry_kluddargos_hundaskapiz_lugian, 30, 0, 1.2
    officer ebofficer_celtic_standardbearer
    mount_effect elephant -4
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, command, general_unit
    formation 1.8, 1.6, 2.4, 2.4, 3, square
    stat_health 1, 1
    stat_pri 13, 10, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, slashing, sword, 0 ,0.285
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 0 ,0.1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 11, 13, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground 0, 0, -2, -2
    stat_mental 16, impetuous, trained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 3109, 0, 60, 90, 3109
    ownership britons, slave

I have also used champions, late champions, brihentin, caledonian noble cav, and ebherni armored shock infantry. Again, not sure how we got Lybian cav, but I am guessing one of those 3 key changes must have something to do with it.