Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama and Europe - two of the silliest things ever

Default Obama and Europe - two of the silliest things ever

So Obama was supposed to be the President who made everyone in the world love us, who was super intelligent, who was charismatic, and would usher in a new age of diplomacy, where all of our longtime alliances would be strengthened, and we would make new ones elsewhere.
    When I see videos like this one, I cannot help but to laugh at that idea:

This guy is frankly embarrassing.
    Pictures of world leaders laughing at his pathetic antics don't help either.

What must the world think of a country that elects that as President? We must be the laughing stock for voting that guy into office! A Harvard educated man who is not creative or intelligent enough to think of more than two different speeches to deliver to all our allies, a middle-aged married man who cannot take his eyes off of some 16 year old's butt, a great orator who can stutter more in one speech than Dubya and Clinton put together in their entire lives, and the bleeding genius who believes that there are 57 states in the US! If it wasn't so sad, it may be funny (say for instance if this France, or some other Third-World country's President).

So Euro-weiners, what do you think of our beloved President now? How do you think he views Europe?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Wink Re: Obama and Europe - two of the silliest things ever

A Negro with a higher education than me? Quick, make fun of his intelligence!!! Obviously a result of affirmative action laws!!!

As for my opinion on Obama, it remains the same as when he was elected; he is the lesser evil. I can never support a conservative like Obama, yet he is a hell of a lot better than the alternative(Palin).
    Last edited by HoreTore; 03-25-2012 at 15:55.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Default Re: Obama and Europe - two of the silliest things ever

I love it, that was a really funny video and the pictures are great!

I'm so happy that this is all people have to worry about regarding Obama, could be worse like him starting wars or something.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

@Vuk: nothing we didn't think about y'all before. ;)
    You're welcome,

-Smug self-satisfied Euro-dept.

/sarcasm

No seriously? Who cares? Outside of the minds of the elderly the cold war is over and so is any reason to pay terribly much attention to either USA or Russia. China has better food, anyway.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    A Negro with a higher education than me? Quick, make fun of his intelligence!!! Obviously a result of affirmative action laws!!!

As for my opinion on Obama, it remains the same as when he was elected; he is the lesser evil. I can never support a conservative like Obama, yet he is a hell of a lot better than the alternative(Palin).
    Of course HoreTore, Liberal Guide To Avoiding Questions and Discrediting Your Opponents, Chapter 1: "Call them racist".
    So when I was disgusted with Clinton, that was just because of his views and my opinion of his character and intelligence, but when I am disgusted with Obama, it is, of course, because of his race. You guys are sooo unoriginal. Seriously, you need to mix it up once in a while.
    And since when is Obama a 'Negro', as you say. He is more 'white' than he is 'black', if you are going to judge his race by his skin colour. In fact, when he has a tan, my younger brother is darker than Obama. Hermann Cain was black, Obama creamy at best. I guess creamy doesn't fit into your nice, neat, black and white European racial classification though. Or do you simply believe in the one-drop rule?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    No seriously? Who cares? Outside of the minds of the elderly the cold war is over and so is any reason to pay terribly much attention to either USA or Russia. China has better food, anyway.
    Come off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I love it, that was a really funny video and the pictures are great!

I'm so happy that this is all people have to worry about regarding Obama, could be worse like him starting wars or something.
    Who said there were not more important things to think about? That does not make this less important though. Seriously Husar, you know that if that was Dubya, you and all the other Euros would be jumping all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    A man who looks at a pretty woman's bum while president!? Shocker. Kind of par for the course as a Democrat to love the ladies.

I've got problems with Obama, but this is a little ad hominem.
    It is one thing if you are some redneck who doesn't care what people think about you, but it is different when you are the President of the United States. First of all, anyone with a professional job in a professional environment should be quite grown-up enough to not be staring at women's nether-regions. You are supposed to get past that in your early teen years. As President, he represents an entire Country, and as such, should be on his best behavior. Also, one of the 'women', was an underage girl.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Forget Obama, look at Sarko. While Obama has that "I appreciate female beauty" look, Sarko is all out with his "I wanna a piece of that now"...In Europe, you get points for being a red-blooded male.

Contrary to those two, Berlusconi and Medvedev look asleep and get no points. Ok, granted, Berlusconi probably thinks "Were two of her younger sisters at my manor last Saturday?" but Medvedev's lines of thoughts probably include "What would Vladimir do in this situation?".

Sarmatian wins the Backroom!!
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Come off it.
    No really, we're sort of used to the fact that the US president is struggling to find words to "praise" the muppet-of-the-day that we send to the White House whilst the prez is secretly trying to remember a map with the country on it and not altogether sure that the country does in fact exist.

US presidents not having a clue, stumbling over their lines? Happens all the time. I recall Dubya didn't even know who our former Prime Minister was when he went to visit. So could be worse.

As for him looking, well uhm Sarko and Mr. Bunga-Bunga... Fine company... or so I hear.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 03-25-2012 at 16:46.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

This was the alternative...

Last edited by CBR; 03-25-2012 at 18:29. Reason: coldlinket

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

vuk has so clearly never had any sort of interaction with a woman.

men look at womens butts. end. of. story.

married men look at womens butts.

grow up god your like a five year old

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    vuk has so clearly never had any sort of interaction with a woman.

men look at womens butts. end. of. story.

married men look at womens butts.

grow up god your like a five year old
    Vuk has had plenty of interaction with women, but Vuk is also used to keeping respectable company that doesn't constantly stare at other people's happy bits. Vuk is used to being in a professional environment where stuff like that gets people complaining. Vuk is also perfectly capable of seeing something without staring at it, and affords people the respect of not creeping them out like a drooling pervert.
    So if by being five years old, you mean I actually have enough respect for people not to constantly stare at the tits and ass, and that I expect the same from our President, then yeah, I guess you are right.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Vuk has had plenty of interaction with women, but Vuk is also used to keeping respectable company that doesn't constantly stare at other people's happy bits. Vuk is used to being in a professional environment where stuff like that gets people complaining. Vuk is also perfectly capable of seeing something without staring at it, and affords people the respect of not creeping them out like a drooling pervert.
    So if by being five years old, you mean I actually have enough respect for people not to constantly stare at the tits and ass, and that I expect the same from our President, then yeah, I guess you are right.
    Then Vuk either has no sex drive or is lying.

Sorry, I just don't believe it.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Baring you being homosexual I would say it's a lie that you don't stare at a woman's jiggly bits Vuk.

I fully admit to being in awe of some of the beauties I meet in my daily life, and why wouldn't I stare sure I'm not dead yet.

When I get caught I have enough blather in me anyway to smooth the situation by the application of a joke or amusing turn of phrase.

We stare at women and women shock horror they know and use it too, as long as your not sitting outside bedroom windows sans pantaloons it's all quite innocent.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 03-25-2012 at 20:09.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    Then Vuk either has no sex drive or is lying.

Sorry, I just don't believe it.
    Seriously, how old are you guys? You sound like a bunch of 15 year olds!
    Is it really that hard for you to keep your eyes to yourself? People like you give men a bad name. Men aren't a bunch of animals driven only by a desire to have sex, who at the first site of a woman lose all control, but that is the way you make us out to be. Either that, or you just have no respect for your own reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    Baring you being homosexual I would say it's a lie that you don't stare at a woman's jiggly bits Vuk.

I fully admit to being in awe of some of the beauties I meet in my daily life, and why wouldn't I stare sure I'm not dead yet.

When I get caught I have enough blather in me anyway to smooth the situation by the application of a joke or amusing turn of phrase.

We stare at women and women shock horror they know and use it too, as long as your not sitting outside bedroom windows sans pantaloons it's all quite innocent.
    Haven't you ever heard of seeing without looking?

For freaks sake guys, are you really saying that either a guy is gay, he has no sex drive, or he has to stare at people's private parts in public?
    Sure, there is nothing wrong with taking a second look at a girl walking down the street, but there is a time and a place for everything. In certain places (such as your work environment) and at certain times (such as when you are acting as the representative of your country...not to mention are married), it is just not appropriate.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Is it really that hard for you to keep your eyes to yourself? People like you give men a bad name. Men aren't a bunch of animals driven only by a desire to have sex, who at the first site of a woman lose all control, but that is the way you make us out to be. Either that, or you just have no respect for your own reputation.

Haven't you ever heard of seeing without looking?

For freaks sake guys, are you really saying that either a guy is gay, he has no sex drive, or he has to stare at people's private parts in public?
    Sure, there is nothing wrong with taking a second look at a girl walking down the street, but there is a time and a place for everything. In certain places (such as your work environment) and at certain times (such as when you are acting as the representative of your country...not to mention are married), it is just not appropriate.
    Catch yourself on young fella or life will pass you by and quite quickly too I can assure that, life is not meant to be taken seriously at all at all.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So is this the result of a google search for "most trivial and banal criticisms of Obama"?

You say constantly staring is rude - sure, but a photograph doesn't prove staring, it only shows where someone was looking at that exact moment. I do not care in the slightest if a man, even if he's the president, glances at a woman.

What must the world think of a country that elects that as President? We must be the laughing stock for voting that guy into office!

You can't be serious. George W was a laughing stock in Europe. Obama is not. Completely trivial attacks on Obama will not change that, because no one gives a crap about this stuff.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be fair, Vuk could be telling the truth about not "gorping" at women in public. Doesn't stop him (for example) from loading up his PC in his off-hours for a good stare. There is the arguments such as asexuality/demisexual which don't experience primarily attraction in the same way, and pretty much experience secondary attraction.

But back in the case at point, compare Obama to this person:

I think the last respectable president since Obama was Clinton, and but even then he went for a quickie in the Oval office.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-27-2012 at 00:08.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

What I'm saying is, I look. I try to stop myself from looking, but it's usually after the fact. I'm sorry, but give me the most beautiful woman in the world and I'm sure my gaze will still slip south once or twice, as it did yesterday. I can tell you that that particular woman had the most gorgeous hazel eyes, a mix of deep green and amber, almost gold, with flecks of something ddarker. I can also tell you that she was wearing what appeared to be a man's check shirt with the first three buttons undone.

He's a guy, he looked, his eyes tracked down, he felt guilty. The whole process probably took about a second.

What else did he do that day?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    To be fair, Vuk could be telling the truth about not "gorping" at women in public. Doesn't stop him (for example) from loading up his PC in his off-hours for a good stare. There is the arguments such as asexuality/demisexual which don't experience primarily attraction in the same way, and pretty much experience secondary attraction.
    And I thought I was being catty.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post

You can't be serious. George W was a laughing stock in Europe. Obama is not. Completely trivial attacks on Obama will not change that, because no one gives a crap about this stuff.

CR

That is very true. He's your president, you guys decide if he's doing good enough job to remain that, but as far as his image abroad is concerned, he's much better than Bush and even Clinton. He certainly repaired a lot the damage that was done to American image worldwide by Bush.

I don't really blame him for not knowing what to say to the resident muppet-of-the-day as Tellos put it, but someone of his assistants or most probably a PR guy should have notified him that he's overusing the phrase. Just like smaller countries like to mentioned in a "punch above their weight" category, they can be especially touchy if it's insincere.

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Sarmatian wins the Backroom!!
    Seventh season in a row.

Should I retire now?
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 03-25-2012 at 21:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    That is very true. He's your president, you guys decide if he's doing good enough job to remain that, but as far as his image abroad is concerned, he's much better than Bush and even Clinton. He certainly repaired a lot the damage that was done to American image worldwide by Bush.

I don't really blame him for not knowing what to say to the resident muppet-of-the-day as Tellos put it, but someone of his assistants or most probably a PR guy should have notified him that he's overusing the phrase. Just like smaller countries like to mentioned in a "punch above their weight" category, they can be especially touchy if it's insincere.
    While I'm sure he would never do it and it probably would be a bad idea, I'd love it if he actually did tell countries if they were punching below their weight or if they were average.

Quote Originally Posted by Noncommunist View Post
    While I'm sure he would never do it and it probably would be a bad idea, I'd love it if he actually did tell countries if they were punching below their weight or if they were average.
    He does, but that's done behind closed doors. Publicly, it has to be hugs and kisses with (potential) allies.

You are completely right Vuk. These are the most pressing issues about Obama. You have really gotten to the heart of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post

a photograph doesn't prove staring, it only shows where someone was looking at that exact moment.
    Yes. Photographs can be very misleading. Funny video, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR View Post
    This was the alternative...

Perspective (visual and mental) can suggest things that aren't there. This and the two Obama pictures in the OP are perfect examples. The first OP picture interpretation is so far off it isn't even funny. How can Obama be staring at the butt of someone facing him and in front of him? He's looking at what she dropped. In the second picture he is side by side with her (he's going down the steps and she's going up) and I'd hazard to guess he is looking at whatever it is she is holding...but that is my perspective on the picture.

Looking at a selected instant of a moving world can get you results you want. Want to make Bush look stupid? Snap enough pictures of his face and you'll get the dumb expression you want. Want to make him look drugged up? Keep snapping those pictures. I hear photographers like to follow our presidents around, so there is plenty of opportunity to get the picture you want.
    This space intentionally left blank

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Some people just aren't meant to be critical thinkers

And the OP is a shining example

You should continue to pet the rabbit
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Strike, you are the only person on earth who actually takes anything you say seriously, so rather than wasting bandwidth posting here, maybe you should just stand in front of your cracked mirror and have 1-liner-sation with yourself. It will save everyone a lot of bother.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

In fairness to Strike, your OP consisted of:

1. Obama is so stoopid
    2. Obama stares at ladies' butts

There's not a lot of room to respond to that sort of thing seriously. IMHO, Strike is giving like he's getting.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast