Thread: Tim Larking banned from UK

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Tim Larking banned from UK

Link

Yeah! That'll make the world safer. People who teach self defence are persona non gratia as coming over here and giving lectures could cause society to crash and burn.

Does anyone think that this was a good decision by the UK?

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Default Re: Tim Larking banned from UK

Martial arts and related nonsense is for losers with small peepee's.

Proper men play football, ya weenie.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Blog Entries

Was it a good idea?

No.

Was letting a man who teaches people to fight, and urges them to commit vigilante justice, into an area that was rioting fairly recently an even worse idea?

Yes.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Martial arts and related nonsense is for losers with small peepee's.

Proper men play football, ya weenie.
    Are you making a joke about Asians? I take it you're referring to European football.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Are you making a joke about Asians? I take it you're referring to European football.
    Hah! I actually didn't think about that. But hey, I'd say it proves my theory!

And I talk about football. There is only one kind, even though some people confuse it with the sport called handegg...

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

And I talk about football. There is only one kind, even though some people confuse it with the sport called handegg...
    Football is the sport where participants apply the foot to the ball.

Last edited by Pannonian; 05-09-2012 at 21:02.

Sorry dude. A handful of rugby players could kick the out of whole soccer team. That's taking into account that they mount teammates to protect them from the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Football is the sport where participants apply the foot to the ball.
    Those who are better at applying foot to arse should decide that. Much like this Larking fellow.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 05-09-2012 at 21:00.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Sorry dude. A handful of rugby players could kick the out of whole soccer team. That's taking into account that they mount teammates to protect them from the opposition.

Those who are better at applying foot to arse should decide that. Much like this Larking fellow.
    Did you watch the video? I bet even the toughest man in the world would be writhing in agony after the last challenge.

Sorry dude. A handful of rugby players could kick the out of whole soccer team.
    Irrelevant, since my argument was that football is the sport for men, not brainless barbarians.

Odd decision, although I doubt he minds the publicity.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Football - a game for gentlemen played by thugs.
    Rugby - a game for thugs played by gentlemen.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Very poor decision, what more is there to say.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Irrelevant, since my argument was that football is the sport for men, not brainless barbarians.
    Your argument doesn't bode well on statistics.

A) Football aka soccer is not the oldest codified field sport
    B) The ratio of professionals is much higher in Rugby Union (on par or lower in league) then soccer.
    C) The argument is mute when you add in hockey of either variety
    D) Football is a generic term tha covers any team game where kicking the ball is allowed ie American, Canadian and Australian Football plus Rugby Union and League.
    E) Considering the sheer amount of corruption in soccer it is not something to be proud of.

I've played all codes bar Canadian football. Soccer is good for learning foot work. It is terrible in teaching manly play as it encourages swan diving and Hollywood woe is me hurt to score a foul. "mummy he's hurting me" is not manly response. Also one is a lot more respectful of ones opponents when they can full body tackle you.

So full body contact with the requirement to be skilled with hand, foot and body versus "sir he hurt me, my leg is broken". Oh got the foul I'm back and running. Soccer has its enforcers and hard men but is not the most manly sport, I'll give it the most metro manly sport but that's all.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Has no-one watched the video to its end yet? It's worth it.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    Terrible. American Football is one of the most complicated sports ever played, requiring complete concentration and supreme group coordination for even a few seconds of brutally violent (yet awesomely proficient) game time. Soccer is sloppy and unrefined by comparison.
    Tell that to the fella trying not to score a touchdown in I believe Super Bowl XLVI

Imagine a sport where it's a bad thing you go in the lead
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 05-10-2012 at 10:16.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

What Pape said.

League is still the best game, though unfortunately it isn't as popular any more.

Blog Entries

Can we please get back on topic, this is inane even for us.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Members thankful for this post (2):

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

UK is rapidly becomming the most feminine society in europe but without hot Swedish chicks to make up for it

@The cube, you just don't understand the subtletie of a good kick in the face, learn from us
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-10-2012 at 11:50.

Blog Entries

Yeah, we've realised trying to act manly usually makes you look seem like you're compensating for something. We are content to have our general superiority to the rest of humanity not include having the biggest self absorbed insecure meatheads.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-10-2012 at 12:07.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    Terrible. American Football is one of the most complicated sports ever played, requiring complete concentration and supreme group coordination for even a few seconds of brutally violent (yet awesomely proficient) game time. Soccer is sloppy and unrefined by comparison.
    American Football is a series of reheased "plays" and counter-plays.

It is not particularly complex for the players - who are simply required to perform their pre-assigned part - it is complex for the two coaches who are engaged in a battle of wits.

Nor is the average American Football player particularly impressive, often overbuilt, thunderingly powerful but lacking in longterm stammina or on-the-fly inventivesness.

Compare this to the Rugby player, leaner, faster and on his feet and moving for the pretty much the whole time until the whistle blows - and he doesn't wear protection other than a mothguard and maybe a leather cap to stop his ears rubbing.

American Football is impressive for what it is, but what it is isn't that impressive outside America.

On topic:

Banning this guy from entry into the UK is extreme and, I think, unwarrented. Amongst other things it sends the message that Britain's cities are still unstable and about to rise up at the slightest provocation.

Also, as far as I can tell all he's really saying is, "if a guy comes at you thump him to he goes down and give him a stiff kick in the ribs to make sure he stays there." His complain about the UK appears to be that you can't do that without getting arrested - that is a live debate over here and I see no reason why a former American serviceman can't contribute.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I used to call bull on the whole Rugby=more stamina thing

Until I switched from American football to Rugby in college and promptly died at the first practice

In 4 years I have gone from 252-213 pounds

Rugby=more stamina
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Yeah, this is BS. I went to the guys website, downloaded his book and read as much as I could in one day. He devotes a great deal of chapters to when it is appropriate to use force. There is nothing I could see in what he teaches that encourages vigilante-like behavior. I personally think that the British government is just afraid of its own citizens.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Yeah, this is BS. I went to the guys website, downloaded his book and read as much as I could in one day. He devotes a great deal of chapters to when it is appropriate to use force. There is nothing I could see in what he teaches that encourages vigilante-like behavior. I personally think that the British government is just afraid of its own citizens.
    Subjects, Vuk, subjects.

They're subject to the crown's authority.

Down with dried flowers!

You used the words "crown" and "authority" in the same sentence.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

I used to call bull on the whole Rugby=more stamina thing

Until I switched from American football to Rugby in college and promptly died at the first practice

In 4 years I have gone from 252-213 pounds

Rugby=more stamina
    Here - have +1 man points for admitting that.

I didn't know you guys reallydig Rugby over there though - I always figured it would get muscled out by American Football.

Subjects, Vuk, subjects.

Ah, sadly this is no longer true. The status of British and Commonwealth Subject was abandoned some time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_subject

I say "sadly" because it broke important links with the Commonwealth - which we would have benefitted from retaining.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    Ah, sadly this is no longer true. The status of British and Commonwealth Subject was abandoned some time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_subject
    Bah! We're colonials and you're subjects. Back to your turnip farm!

Down with dried flowers!

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

i play club rugby in college too. its essentially varsity rugby at our school because we have no varsity team. definetly great for your stamina and you need more than for football i will agree with that. however, i dont think your giving enough credit to football players stamina. some of them, like o line men, yes cant do more than short burst however many are great stamina and the breaks arent as long as you think considering the energy exerted.

white college kids who used to play high school sports but couldnt translate success in traditional sports at the university level adore rugby

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Defensive players are on the whole reacting to play very similarly in both American and Rugby.

I've played mainly Corner and Wing.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Blog Entries

...So... Any chance we could bin this topic and get back to the civil liberties violation that was the premise of this thread?