Thread: EBO - Can't join the lobby

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default EBO - Can't join the lobby

I installed everything for EBO yesterday. I logged in on the hamachi network today and was happy to see some people online. So I was gonna play a match and apparently I couldn't enter the lobby. When I press multiplayer-lan-'enter name', I get directed to an empty list with lobbies at the top. From the guys on the chat, I understood that this is wrong.

The only issue I can think of is the network adapters. I had to google how to prioritize hamachi because the video of the guide on the EBO website doesn't work anymore.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Default Re: EBO - Can't join the lobby

Go to Panel Control > Networks > Upper tab > Advanced options > Advanced configuration > Select Hamachi and put it in the first option in the bottom
    Last edited by NacroxNicke; 03-31-2012 at 15:51.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I already had it that way, so that isn't the issue, I guess
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

As of Hamachi 2.0, network adapter priority need not be re-ordered for playing RTW (and mods) online. I need to remember to take that video offline and off the website lest people think it is still applicable. I hate to ask, but are you trying to connect from home or are you from a 'special' network? In other words, are you part of a special network such as a school network, or a work network, or any sort of network that may be blocking certain ports or anything else that might hinder Hamachi? The fact of the matter is, as long as you are fully connecting to others on the Hamachi network (i.e., green dot next to players on Hamachi = full connection), then more often than not you'll have no issue connecting to them in the LAN Battles lobby.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Just from home, but I do have a router, if that's important. I do see green dots left of player names and I am able to chat with them, so then that's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    Just from home, but I do have a router, if that's important. I do see green dots left of player names and I am able to chat with them, so then that's not a problem.
    I've been able to play behind routers before...but it may just be that you need to forward some ports. Clearly Hamachi is working. Rome, like any other game/engine, uses certain network ports to pass and receive data when in multiplayer mode. Although the following link is for a Linksys WRT54G router, you may find your own router by browsing the router list on the site:

http://portforward.com/english/route..._Total_War.htm

Apparently RTW uses quite a number of ports. Also, in case you've messed around with the adapter priorities, make sure it's as follows:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Essentially you want your Internet-accessing adapter (i.e., wifi, or ethernet) to connect first, before your comp connects through Hamachi. This is the default by the way, since Hamachi 2 came out, that's why people don't need to bother with this anymore, lest they ruin what otherwise works.

Other than ports and priorities, I'm not sure what could possibly be happening. I know I've had cases brought before me like this where the person seemed to have everything set up just fine, but couldn't see anyone in the Network. I don't know why this happens, just glad it's rare, not frequent.
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    I've been able to play behind routers before...but it may just be that you need to forward some ports. Clearly Hamachi is working. Rome, like any other game/engine, uses certain network ports to pass and receive data when in multiplayer mode. Although the following link is for a Linksys WRT54G router, you may find your own router by browsing the router list on the site:

http://portforward.com/english/route..._Total_War.htm

Apparently RTW uses quite a number of ports. Also, in case you've messed around with the adapter priorities, make sure it's as follows:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Essentially you want your Internet-accessing adapter (i.e., wifi, or ethernet) to connect first, before your comp connects through Hamachi. This is the default by the way, since Hamachi 2 came out, that's why people don't need to bother with this anymore, lest they ruin what otherwise works.

Other than ports and priorities, I'm not sure what could possibly be happening. I know I've had cases brought before me like this where the person seemed to have everything set up just fine, but couldn't see anyone in the Network. I don't know why this happens, just glad it's rare, not frequent.
    I'm able to play RTW vanilla perfectly online. Maybe I'm just made a mistake on joining in on the lobby. There's no real guide how to join afterall.

I'm able to play RTW vanilla perfectly online. Maybe I'm just made a mistake on joining in on the lobby. There's no real guide how to join afterall.
    That's because we play RTW vanilla online via Gamespy (GS). First of all, run EB using the multiplayer shortcut. Next, make sure you go to Multiplayer >> Lan Battles, not the first one (was it called Online? not sure). You are effectively creating a virtual LAN over the web in this process. Lan and GS are not the same thing.
    Former Projects:

Could the submod "EB for BI" be the cause? I don't use that launcher for EBO, but there could always be some changes to the files.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

If you are playing through Barbarian Invasion that is probably the cause. Everyone else uses the Rome .exe
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Could the submod "EB for BI" be the cause? I don't use that launcher for EBO, but there could always be some changes to the files.

Maybe...heh!
    ​ Let us know if that's the cause!
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post

Maybe...heh!
    ​ Let us know if that's the cause!
    I will complete my campaign with it first and then see if it was the cause.

It's the cause, as for example I had issues using Alex with EB files when playing online

So now I have both folders, one for EBSP and another for EB online

Uninstalled EB and that submod today, yet no luck

EB doesn't seem to understand that it should go into a lobby and not into the lobby list.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

What is your name on Hamachi? I'll try to help if I see you on.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    What is your name on Hamachi? I'll try to help if I see you on.
    rickinator9