Thread: Laptop is having issues while installing.

Default Laptop is having issues while installing.

Hey, it's me again, with yet another problem. Because I can't use my desktop computer all the time, I decided to install it to my laptop. 1.1 installed fine, so did the fixes, but when I tried to install the 1.2 patch, my laptop decides to troll me. Everytime I try to install it, it creates a new folder inside the destination containing all the files so that the game can't access them, and whenever I try to move them, my laptop seems to think the 1.2 files and the 1.1 files are the same because they have the same name. Some help would be nice.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Laptop is having issues while installing.

Did you follow this guide on how to install EB?

You'll have to point both installers to your root RTW folder, e.g. C:\Rome Total War; and not the 1.2 installer to C:\Rome Total War\EB
    EB1.2 overwrites most 1.1's files, so you have to overwrite them manually if you move 1.2's folder after the installation per hand into 1.1's location.

Best is to follow the linked guide. If you have more problems post back here!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Default Re: Laptop is having issues while installing.

Thanks for the help Samatan, after a bit of messing around I found the problem. Turns out that installing the fixes before the 1.2 patch was causing the "create a new folder inside the destination" issue.