Thread: help for changing "unlock console" game options for BI-exe

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

Lightbulb help for changing "unlock console" game options for BI-exe

uhhmm I'm searching for a possible way to unlock the console ingame.
    Initially i reinstalled Rome and EB - and then the EB-for-BI-Mod. problem was, that i haven't had marked the "enable console" button in the EB options. Now i tried to change on enabled but the EB-BI.exe isn't enabling it. Can i change this option in one of the data files or else than in the option-window?

Or is it a problem of playing on windows7 as my " ^ " key doesn't opens the console. Infact - ingame there isn't an option in the keyconfiguration to change the open-console button either.

As my campaign is in the 220sBC, i'd like to show it to some people and move some fm's around to not kill enemy factions... thanks in advance :-)
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: help for changing "unlock console" game options for BI-exe

From the frequent encountered issues:
    Go to the <RTW>/data/text folder. (<RTW> means the folder you installed Rome Total War and EB in)
    Use a standard text editor (like Notepad/Word etc.) to open "descr_shortcuts.txt"
    Scroll down or search for "misc." (at the start of the line)
    There should be a line with "show_console" here, and it says "hidden" behind it. Remove "hidden" and save the file.
    If and only if you are using BI, you need to also repeat the above sequence with <RTW>/bi/data/text/descr_shortcuts.txt
    Start EB, go to controls > misc and press reset to default
    There should now be a line "show debug console" . Set to whatever key you want (cannot use any key already assigned to another function though).
    XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions