Thread: Does any Orgah play Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad?

Default Does any Orgah play Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad?

Like the title says,do you? I picked a copy of this game few months back and was instantly hooked. My fps days before this one are from long past, from age of Ghost Recon series and i was pleasantly surprised how realistic this game is, with no cross hairs, so you have to use iron sights to aim and very well done system of using cover.
    Practically you can hide behind anything in this game, but depending on the material and weapon used against you. It is not certain at all if the cover will protect you. Also the use of indirect artillery, mortar fire and tanks is making this game very enjoyable. If you are a fan of this game, please share your opinions about it or maybe we can play some games at same server at some point.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: Does any Orgah play Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad?

I played so many hours of RO I simply couldn't bring myself to play the new one. I'm burned out. We used to run tank only maps on Thursday's and had a blast. I've always been a fan though, because people always talk about realism, just few actually go to the trouble to actually put it in the game, with RO they did. I always considered it the closest thing that has come out to an FPS version of Combat Mission (the most realistic WW2 game in existence, so much so that it's really a platoon level simulation).

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

I played a fair deal of RO2 as it came out, but at the time, there was still a lot of problems with servers and disconnects. Might try it again soon, alas, it seems my best FPS days are long gone...

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

From my friends who are still playing, they told me they've gotten some of the initial issues fixed. I suspect it may be pretty workable at this point. My main problem with RO2 is it's just not really all that different from RO, and I played that one out.

Meh, RO2 was one of my biggest disappointments along with spore and ETW. Waste of 40$ imo. Waiting for the mods to come out to see if i can change my mind.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    Waiting for the mods to come out to see if i can change my mind.
    Same here.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    Meh, RO2 was one of my biggest disappointments along with spore and ETW. Waste of 40$ imo. Waiting for the mods to come out to see if i can change my mind.
    Same. Plus its completely dead now. There's pretty much only one North American server left active with no bots.