Thread: Question about heroes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Question about heroes

Hi to all,

with the help of this fine forum trying to get somewhat deeper into the "dungeons" of my favourite game I stumbled over this "defaultheroes.txt" thing and wondered: The date shown there, is it date of birth or date of showing up? Tried search function "Heroes" but just got puzzled, didn´t get the info I´m looking for...so anybody, could I get to know that tiny bit of detail?
    thx from Markgräflerland,
    daigaku

Default Re: Question about heroes

Hi, you could check one of the most known ones - say Jean D'Arc. Her date of birth is 1412. See what the file says. It could be the date from which they become available - or not. Its not certain they will appear at the prescribed date, seems to me, because you may say have trained less units till then and previous heroes may still be queuing to show up.
    Last edited by gollum; 04-10-2012 at 21:04.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Hi, you could check one of the most known ones - say Jean D'Arc. Her date of birth is 1412. See what the file says. It could be the date from which they become available - or not. Its not certain they will appear at the prescribed date, seems to me, because you may say have trained less units till then and previous heroes may still be queuing to show up.
    Do you mean to say that Joan of Arc, being a woman, appears in the game as one of the generals heading a unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

I do indeed, and she does as she did.

Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

As I pay little attention to generals' names, the appearance of historic persons (except that of El Cid) in the game is a real eye-opener for me. What other well-known persons are there?
    And Joan of Arc - next time I play the French I'll watch for her appearance. I wonder what unit she will head. Yet, I don't think it will make much difference as she is going to check in when the game is basically over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

There's plenty of heroes and not just as generals. There are heroes as agents as well, say famous priests/bishops etc. For a full list you can check the txt file daigaku mentions in your main game folder.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

VictorGB Member Trapped in Samsara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Do you mean to say that Joan of Arc, being a woman, appears in the game as one of the generals heading a unit?
    Now, now GilRandir! No sexism on the Org's boards, please.

Best regards
    Victor

Sapere aude
    Horace

Hi,
    as a test started an english/early/GA campaign, they´ve got quite a few heroes in the last years of 11th/first years of 12th century. As far as I got (some 1160s) it seems the dates given in the .txt-files are birthdates. Those guys came along about 16-18 years after the given date, with a strange preferrance for Celtic Warriors (two of the four came as those, though there were Norman Knights to choose as well, being built the same time). I´ll have a look for confirmation...
    greetings, daigaku