Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Lucid Dreaming.

  1. #1
    Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    620

    Default Lucid Dreaming.

    Anyone ever tried it? I'm planning on trying it, but I have so many problems getting to sleep. I have to be listening to music, or I can't sleep.

    Just so you know, this is what is blasting in my ears while I'm sleeping.



  2. #2
    Just another Member Yankee Go Home Champion rajpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    I watched a movie about this with Penelope Cruz and Danny Devito, can't remember the name. Didn't like the movie much.


    The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

  3. #3
    Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Posts
    2,953

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    Anyone ever tried it? I'm planning on trying it, but I have so many problems getting to sleep. I have to be listening to music, or I can't sleep.

    Just so you know, this is what is blasting in my ears while I'm sleeping.

    And then you want to actively experience your dreams listening to that?
    Have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    And then you want to actively experience your dreams listening to that?
    Have fun.
    I like heavy music as much as the next guy, but how the hell can you sleep to that?

  5. #5
    One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nowhere...
    Posts
    11,728

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    Anyone ever tried it? I'm planning on trying it, but I have so many problems getting to sleep. I have to be listening to music, or I can't sleep.

    Just so you know, this is what is blasting in my ears while I'm sleeping.

    is it something you can try?

    i dont often dream (or i dont remember that i had a dream, not to be confused with what the dream was about, though i doubt it) but when i do, i am usually aware that i am dreaming.

    We do not sow.

  6. #6
    Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    And then you want to actively experience your dreams listening to that?
    Have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    I like heavy music as much as the next guy, but how the hell can you sleep to that?
    My musical tastes are quite varied. Fleshgod Apocalypse is nothing compared some of the other stuff I listen to.

    Possibly NSFW:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6n_h0Y_XxA

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1SR3WNFH-o


    But I also listen to slower stuff like this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5prUprZG784



    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    is it something you can try?

    i dont often dream (or i dont remember that i had a dream, not to be confused with what the dream was about, though i doubt it) but when i do, i am usually aware that i am dreaming.
    I barely remember my dreams as well, but I do remember some dreams where I realised I was in a dream for a split second. Then I carried on being a pirate and forgot I was in a dream.


  7. #7
    Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Posts
    2,953

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    is it something you can try?

    i dont often dream (or i dont remember that i had a dream, not to be confused with what the dream was about, though i doubt it) but when i do, i am usually aware that i am dreaming.
    Sure there are a lot of techniques you can use to increase the frequency of lucid dreams. Just look at the wikipedia page concerning lucid dreams and you'll have a nice start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

  8. #8
    One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nowhere...
    Posts
    11,728

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    hmm most of my dreams are already like that, i can also do whatever i want to in the dream. also i am usually aware of my surroundings. if someone would enter the room i would be awake immediatly.

    We do not sow.

  9. #9
    Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Posts
    2,953

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    hmm most of my dreams are already like that, i can also do whatever i want to in the dream. also i am usually aware of my surroundings. if someone would enter the room i would be awake immediatly.
    I get them a lot when I can sleep in.

    I have one recurring lucid dream where I fall from a very high point (changes every dream). While falling I realize I will die but come to peace with that before I hit the ground. I hit the ground really hard but I bounce back on my feet without getting hurt. That's the point I realize I'm dreaming and I want to do fall again ... And that's the point where I wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

  10. #10
    Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    I get them a lot when I can sleep in.

    I have one recurring lucid dream where I fall from a very high point (changes every dream). While falling I realize I will die but come to peace with that before I hit the ground. I hit the ground really hard but I bounce back on my feet without getting hurt. That's the point I realize I'm dreaming and I want to do fall again ... And that's the point where I wake up.
    That's what I'm trying to accomplish. I fall, hit the ground, I feel like doing it again and I do it again. Without waking up or losing consciousness of being in a dream.


  11. #11
    Strategist and Storyteller Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,569

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    I came to do it naturally around age 14-15. I can fly at will, control most evrery aspect of the environment and alter the dream or just switch it (or "fly out" if I don't like it). It's pretty fun. Even if It's a "bad dream" I still like it, because I end up destroying or sneaking past whatever horrors show up. If it's really bad I go on a rampage and start using some earth-shattering powers to vanquish whatever is bugging me, or I dispel the dream and wake up. It started because I had recurring nightmares as a child and I frequently would wake up tired after them. I wanted to make them stop, and I did.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

    These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member tibilicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,661

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I came to do it naturally around age 14-15. I can fly at will, control most evrery aspect of the environment and alter the dream or just switch it (or "fly out" if I don't like it). It's pretty fun. Even if It's a "bad dream" I still like it, because I end up destroying or sneaking past whatever horrors show up. If it's really bad I go on a rampage and start using some earth-shattering powers to vanquish whatever is bugging me, or I dispel the dream and wake up. It started because I had recurring nightmares as a child and I frequently would wake up tired after them. I wanted to make them stop, and I did.
    Similar to me. It is very rare for me to have nightmares or bad dreams because I have control. For example, if a dream takes a sour turn i.e potential death or traumatic event within the dream I become aware I'm dreaming and can simply stop what is happening by changing the content of the dream, starting a new dream or waking myself up in a relaxed state. About the only time I don't have control is if something external effects my dream. For example, I had a bad dream that I had a mental breakdown and developed voices in my head. Turns out I'm not schizophrenic, but the so called "voices" were the voices of loud flat mates filtering into my sleep and effecting the content of my dreams. Other than that I'm usually in control.


    "A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

  13. #13
    Ja mata, TosaInu Senior Member edyzmedieval's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fortress of the Mountains
    Posts
    9,430

    Default Re: Lucid Dreaming.

    I had a lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis type thing, it was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. I've done it without realising, I didn't want to induce it, but it was really scary.

    I had my eyes open but basically that was it - I could see everything around, hear, but couldn't move, only control my breathing. Scary.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

    Proud

    Been to:

    RANDOM WANDER- check out my blog!

    Fall of Constantinople - CLICK!!! - Historical novel about the fall of Byzantium!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •