Thread: way ahead of me (are the rebels)

Smile way ahead of me (are the rebels)

Every now and again I get sammnite rebellions in Italy. (it's 269 BC) Great! I love that. But every now and again, on ALL the Romani games I've played (I haven't got past the Camillan Millitary on any of them) rebels will pop up with units like velites and POLYBIAN equites! Is this a known bug? How can I fix it? (I'm using version 1.1, is it fixed in 1.2?)

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

Default Re: way ahead of me (are the rebels)

I'm not sure if it's fixed in 1.2, but the first thing I would do would be to update to 1.2 asap. I'm not sure if 1.2 and 1.1 are save game compatible (someone will post and clarify), but since it's only 269BC you can start a new game up in 1.2 without feeling like you've invested too much time in your first Romani file in 1.1.
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We love you Goku!

This is not a bug. Popup rebels need to be assigned some units by region (why do you think are they different in England than in Egypt? - the engine doesn't know which one would appropiate). The units assgined for Italy are Polybian Romans. When you want to change that mod descr_rebel_factions.txt.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Oh, and don't upgrade to 1.2, it is not savegame-compatible. Finish your campaigns first!

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

What is better about 1.2, since I'm only at 269 BC and no real trouble losing it if there is something siginficantly better about 1.2

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I think the main difference is that the client ruler system works much better and is much less prone to causing crashes.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

And tons of other 'minor' fixes.

Reinstallation totally recommended.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

I've have trouble with client rulers in the past, can't move more than a pace and then all of my generals can't either. 1.2 then is definitely the next step, before I play again. Thanks guys.

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

About not moving very far...thats a trait of client rulers. They are not meant to be moved around the map. Their job is to govern the territory you have allocated for them. The low movement points are to discourage easy movement of them. Personally I find it annoying when a game tries to limit me in any arbitrary way like that but you have to play with what you've got (or mod it out).
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

I agree with that and I like it, but all of a sudden all my other guys couldn't move either. Glitch I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdymidgetkid View Post
    I agree with that and I like it, but all of a sudden all my other guys couldn't move either. Glitch I think.
    Definitly a bug - and one I never encountered myself in hundreds of EB campaigns. Was this strange behaviour repeative?

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Also, was it winter?
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

i never had that problem with hellenistic mercenary generals if you´re using the celtix vollorix then yes you´ll have movement problems because they are infantry so when you move an infantry general with infantry you tire him faster then when using one that is mounted on horses and once his stack as finished his movements he can still detatch from the stack and move forward

also you´re suposed to rest on winter build a nice litle fort and let the winter pass (or summer when in deserts)

This has never happened since. It was an Epiroite noble (mounted) who I would have very much liked to kill, since he was gathering many local pirates and levying plebs to his banner... No, I did NOT like the king of Ambrakia, and that maybe why he crashed my game.