Thread: Resource map

Default Resource map

I posted a link in the guides forum, however this map is so handy it deserves its own topic.

There is an excellent resource map available online. It shows the fertility levels of all provinces, what special resources they have, starting allegiance, and which clans own them. It makes strategic planning much easier. I also find it handy for looking up province names when outside of the game.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Default Re: Resource map

Love these maps. Especially since (for whatever reason) they've removed province specialty info from the region panel and the province drop down list.

I also hope the person here at the org who did the province access map for S2 does one for FotS. I'm having a hard time figuring out where all the beach landing spots are

Sardonic Antipodean Member Trithemius's Avatar

Excellent! I had been hoping someone would make one of these (I even started investigating doing it myself - but now I can concentrate on punishing the Shogunate instead!).
    Trithemius
    "Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

If anyone has any idea how these are made, or has any links for tutorials, please, let me know, since I love this map and toying with the idea to make an even bigger, more detailed map (including landing zones, paths through mountains and so on). Guess its all about some javascript programming, if we have anyone who knows how this was done, I'd be very grateful for all and any tips.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Quote Originally Posted by Voigtkampf View Post
    If anyone has any idea how these are made, or has any links for tutorials, please, let me know, since I love this map and toying with the idea to make an even bigger, more detailed map (including landing zones, paths through mountains and so on). Guess its all about some javascript programming, if we have anyone who knows how this was done, I'd be very grateful for all and any tips.
    Here's the link to the thread discussing the original in-game encyclopedia version for S2. You could download and have a look at how that's structured for a start. It looks like html, a style sheet and some javascript (along with the image work for the map).

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438482
    Last edited by Kurisu; 04-16-2012 at 05:24.

Member thankful for this post:

Great! Thank you Froggy.
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881